PDA

View Full Version : DLR hilarius stories

wdi2b
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
ok so this thread is about all of us peoples sharing funny times within the resort area.

here's mine:

we were sitting in the Aladdin stage play. during the scene when Al told the genie that he couldn't use his third wish to set the genie free, a baby starts crying right after aladdin says his line... then the actor playing the genie turns around and says, "look AL, you made that kid cry." it was hilarious... in one of the dramatic scenes you have the whole theater laughing. it was hilarious.

- so tell me your story.

Teki
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Heres mine.
I was taking my DBF on his first ever ride on star tours. It was that 10 or so seconds of silence after the CM leaves and before the movie starts and this kid in the front row says really loudly in a completely silent ride vehical " Are we gonna die!?" :rotfl2: The entire ride started busting up laughing I sorta felt bad for the little guy.

somersaunt
04-04-2009, 11:42 PM
ok so this thread is about all of us peoples sharing funny times within the resort area.

here's mine:

we were sitting in the Aladdin stage play. during the scene when Al told the genie that he couldn't use his third wish to set the genie free, a baby starts crying right after aladdin says his line... then the actor playing the genie turns around and says, "look AL, you made that kid cry." it was hilarious... in one of the dramatic scenes you have the whole theater laughing. it was hilarious.

- so tell me your story.

Was that last year? Cause we were there when that happened or else they've done that more than once!:yay:

indiesgirl4ever
04-04-2009, 11:47 PM
We were on the Haunted Mansion and when the lights went out in the elevator (before you see the hanging dummie) this guy next to me was like hey, wheres my wife? then the dummie is seen and the lightning flashes and over the dramatic screams I heard. "Nevermind everyone I found her its all good!" he was pointing to the dummieXD I was laughing my head off.

DisneyMan 09
04-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Good topic.
I just got 2 sort of funny stories April 1, my 1st trip in 9 years.

* Someone asked a CM - "Where can I find Tiki land?"

* In line for Winnie(2 min wait), 2 people near the front of the line, for some reason, decided to leave the line, and while walking back through us people in line, one of them(male, late teens) started saying(with moderately good acting) "That's too scary for me.....too scary"

Perhaps my favorite one was on my previous trip(9 years ago, very last ride of my last day of my Annual pass)

* I'm in line for Matterhorn, behind 2 couples(about 20 yrs old). They reach the loading area. One man gets in. Then the other man goes to sit down with him. The first man blocks him and says: "I don't want you sitting between my legs".

I think everyone found it funny, including the loading attendant.

wdi2b
04-05-2009, 01:14 AM
okay, so for mine it was at the very beginning of the year jan 2-5...
- i've acted scared on every ride( especially IASW)

pycees312
04-05-2009, 02:29 AM
the first time the twins rode space mountain they were 12 and while both were scared to go on one of them cried the whole way though the line queue.
so my husband begins taping him with our camera and begins to do a parody of the blair witch project.. when we watched the video towards the end my then 4 year old says stop crying like a baby!
space mountain is now thier fav ride......

Ken2Blitzkrieg
04-05-2009, 02:36 AM
ours would have to be ...

christmas day 2003 ...

we were standing in line for soaring and it was pouring down ... the rainwater had gathered on the canvas on the top
just as we were about to walk forward the wind caught it and the rainwater all came down on my g/f .. soaked ... :lmao:
at the same time that happened there was a huge sympathetic `awwwwwwww` around us while i was creased up laughing

Mom of three
04-05-2009, 03:07 AM
On our very first trip we were on our way to go see "Honey I Shrunk the Audience". When we had gotten close to the building dh and I saw something and immediately gave each other the "OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT" look....there was a family of about 5, ahem, little people happily leaving the auditorium. ;)

mechurchlady
04-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Years ago at Big Thunder Ranch was an eatery. There was a real campfire in the middle. A guest asked if it was real.

WDWfantasy
04-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I am sure this isn't the most funny thing I have witnessed but it is the most recent so it popped into my head. In early March we were in DL and it was a rainy day. We got on BTMR and were sitting in the back row (woot!!). Anyway, the ride starts and there is a lady toward the front of the train with a white poncho on with the hood up. She held the hood in place while the ride went and the faster we would go that whole poncho would fill up with air. She looked like the Michelin man and my dd (16) and I were laughing so hard.......wondering if she would take off out of the seat like a helium balloon. We were convinced that at least she must have slowed the ride down just a little because of the wind resistence. :lmao:

charmama4
04-05-2009, 10:45 AM

here's mine:

- so tell me your story.

Gotta love improve!!!:lmao:

CarrieQuiteContrary
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Another one about the Aladdin stage show-

After "A Whole New World" was finished, Genie walked out through all of the fog coughing and said: "Whew, thats a lot of smoke! Al gore is going to be MAD!"

Everyone started cracking up!

SarahDISer
04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
On our very first trip we were on our way to go see "Honey I Shrunk the Audience". When we had gotten close to the building dh and I saw something and immediately gave each other the "OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT" look....there was a family of about 5, ahem, little people happily leaving the auditorium. ;)

OMG that is so funny!:rotfl2:

avalon451
04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Like the Al Gore joke in Aladdin, this is probably standard joke fare for the Turtle Talk with Crush show... but we thought it was pretty funny... somebody's cell phone went off during the show. Instead of ignoring it, or a CM frowning at the person, Crush perked right up and said, "Shell phone! Answer it, dudette!" He made the lady answer her cell phone while the CM with the mike went over to her, had her put it on speakerphone and tell the person that she was in Disneyland, talking to Crush, and Crush started talking with the guy on the phone. It was hilarious!

wdi2b
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
great to hear these stories

SeansMom
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
When my son was about 2-3 we were on POTC. When we got to first part where their is a skeleton with a shovel he asked me, "Why that man not diggin', mama?" A definite parental awwww moment.

PigletGurl
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
popcorn::

charmama4
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I am soo loving the stories. Please tell more.

mystic_path
04-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Well I have an embarassing story to tell… :lmao: Last summer I went to DL for 2 weeks with my mum, dad and brother. It was the first night in DL and the electrical parade was playing. We decided that we were going to find a spot to sit, then 2 of us would stay there and watch the seats while the other 2 ran down to the corn dog stand and get some corn dogs and drinks. Well on the way back my arms were FULL of drinks and food, and as we were walking back to our seats in the middle of the street between rows of people sitting on both sides of the side walks waiting for the parade to start. What happens????..... My pants come undone and they start to fall down.

They were just below my waist and ready to drop to my ankles when my mom dropped her food, ran over to me, grabbed my pants and started hiking them up enough to be uncomfortable and start the wedgie. People are watching us and laughing as though we were the entertainers. I was humiliated. My mom was like “Dear im just trying to help, you have your hands full”. I was so mad. So I asked her if she could change my diaper too as I was just scared of fright. God bless mums. What would you do without them. I know she was just trying to help and I love her to pieces and thank her for trying. I am just happy we can now laugh hysterically about this.

aurorae
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
POTC, where the voice is saying something about how those who have seen the treasure will not return.

I spoke up, "not me! I had my eyes closed!"

Everyone else in the boat got a kick out of it.

I always enjoy the Crush shows. Just alway something funny and different every time. But even the common jokes, like Crush telling the kids to say "dude" a lot for the rest of the day because their parents will really like it, are funny every time.

zeitzeuge
04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope you all get a kick out of this story as WE did:

Last trip in December, after 3 days in the park we decided to go see Tinkerbell and Friends. We're not the type to stand in long lines to see a character. We leave that to the little kids, even though we're BIG kids ourselves.

We just wanted to see the new meet and greet area and since you can't wander through there when the characters aren't there we decided to brave the crowds and waste an hour, standing along with tons of parents and their kids.

Finally it was our turn. I was already embarrassed that we, two grown adult men, were going to meet Fawn and Tink. As we walked up to meet Fawn first, she blurts out while in character and being their normal bubbly self, "So, are you both Faries too?!"

We both looked at each other and started laughing so hard, that she actually had to bust out laughing herself. Never before have I seen a character break character before until then.

Somehow, she pegged us both pretty well. :lmao:

You can see our picture in my signature below.

Mom of three
04-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Last trip in December, after 3 days in the park we decided to go see Tinkerbell and Friends. We're not the type to stand in long lines to see a character. We leave that to the little kids, even though we're BIG kids ourselves.

We just wanted to see the new meet and greet area and since you can't wander through there when the characters aren't there we decided to brave the crowds and waste an hour, standing along with tons of parents and their kids.

Finally it was our turn. I was already embarrassed that we, two grown adult men, were going to meet Fawn and Tink. As we walked up to meet Fawn first, she blurts out while in character and being their normal bubbly self, "So, are you both Faries too?!"

We both looked at each other and started laughing so hard, that she actually had to bust out laughing herself. Never before have I seen a character break character before until then.

Thats hilarious! ;)

pixiewings71
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM

THAT is my absolute FAVORITE!!!! I loved it the first time you told it and I love it now....how funny that must have been. And how awesome that you guys took it so well and didn't get offended. :) And seriously, it's one of my favorite pics of you two. :)

charmama4
04-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Yes, got a kick out of it:lmao::lmao::lmao: I'll never be able to look at Tink the same. I'm wondering if she blushed too?

avalon451
04-06-2009, 05:47 PM
:lmao::rotfl2:

bonofreak
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I am really enjoying all of these stories, :lmao:I wish I had one to add, gosh after being there so many times you'd think I'd have one too! :headache:I'll have to give this some thought! :idea:But keep them coming everybody, this is a great tread! :thumbsup2

Teki
04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I was just thinking about another story.

Las December My sister brother mother and I went to see Crush. It was the usual rutine until at one point crush asks a kid where he is from and the kid replies Orem utah. and crush says ooooh Orrrruuuuummmm youtah and then repeated it through out the rest of the show. My sister and I thought it was so silly not only did we repeat it the rest of the trip but to this day we will occasionally look at each other and say Orrrummm youtah.

MrsBradford
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
haha. Good old Orem.

disneyfan4ever54
04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
:lmao:I was just thinking about another story.

Las December My sister brother mother and I went to see Crush. It was the usual rutine until at one point crush asks a kid where he is from and the kid replies Orem utah. and crush says ooooh Orrrruuuuummmm youtah and then repeated it through out the rest of the show. My sister and I thought it was so silly not only did we repeat it the rest of the trip but to this day we will occasionally look at each other and say Orrrummm youtah.

Oh my gosh.....What days were you there in December? I swear that we were there during that same show!

Brady's Mom
04-07-2009, 01:06 AM
I was just thinking about another story.

LOL!!! :lmao: We live in Orrruuuummmm youtah!!!

When in Dec? We were there the first part - right during Candlelight Processional and Cast Member parties.

disneyfan4ever54
04-07-2009, 02:27 AM
LOL!!! :lmao: We live in Orrruuuummmm youtah!!!

When in Dec? We were there the first part - right during Candlelight Processional and Cast Member parties.

We were there the same time as you, and I swear that we heard that same thing happen when we were at the show during that time. After I read the post about this, I asked my DS if he remembered it too, and he did! So, if I'm right, then it may have been when you were there too. :)

Teki
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM
:lmao:

Oh my gosh.....What days were you there in December? I swear that we were there during that same show!

not postive the exact date i think it was the week before Christmas, Ill double check and get back to you though!

wdi2b
04-17-2009, 09:14 PM
just finished my trip in DLR 2day. a funny thing was 2 nights ago a group of college kids came into the park wasted...

we had just gotten in-line for small world. when we got into our boat the group of college kids were in front of us. right at the beginning they were yelling and clapping. my friends mom leaned over and said, "i like this group in front of us."

"luckily" for us this group managed to follow us through alot of rides. then at the end of matterhorn they went to space mountain. we were walking them in front of that. they started cheering for us for being at disneyland. ad for wanting to go to buzzlightyear. >.<

amyamya
04-17-2009, 11:17 PM
One time on Spring Break when I was 15 and boy-crazy I spotted a cute guy with his family in the park. When we sat at our table in the Golden Horsehoe they were next to us and I was trying to act nonchalant while totally staring at him. Well, halfway thru the show some of the performers jumped off the stage to sing in the audience and part of the song was about someone finding their true love and they grabbed my chair, dragged it over to the guy's table, PUT MY LEGS OVER HIS LAP and draped a pink feather boa around both our necks. Then they asked the guy where he was from, he said Utah! and asked where I was from and I couldn't speak,so they yelled something about us living happily ever after in Utah. I was SO embarrassed. My parents thought it was hilarious but I can only now laugh about it....

cowgirlminnie
04-18-2009, 12:38 AM
One time on Spring Break when I was 15 and boy-crazy I spotted a cute guy with his family in the park. When we sat at our table in the Golden Horsehoe they were next to us and I was trying to act nonchalant while totally staring at him. Well, halfway thru the show some of the performers jumped off the stage to sing in the audience and part of the song was about someone finding their true love and they grabbed my chair, dragged it over to the guy's table, PUT MY LEGS OVER HIS LAP and draped a pink feather boa around both our necks. Then they asked the guy where he was from, he said Utah! and asked where I was from and I couldn't speak,so they yelled something about us living happily ever after in Utah. I was SO embarrassed. My parents thought it was hilarious but I can only now laugh about it....

:lmao:Oh my god, i literally laughed out loud, that is adorable, and i feel your 15 yr old embarassment but thats hilarious!:laughing:

3Minnies1Mickey
04-18-2009, 02:42 AM
I was at Grad Night in 97 on the Jungle Cruise. It had been about 6+ years since I had been to DL but I guess they don't change the jokes. The "tour guide" on the boat was getting really annoyed because I kept saying the punch lines before he could. He had a boatfull of unruly seniors on the boat and I was being a smart [edited]. I still do it every time I'm there. Luckily they've mixed up the jokes a little. I might get left with the head hunters one of these times. :goodvibes

wdi2b
04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
to the boy-crazy 15 yr old. i'm 15 at th moment and when i went one of the last rides that we hit was the tea cups. me and a couple of friends jumped in one of the cups. next to us were these really cute girls. (earlier on my friend told me that this really nic girl left her phone number on her autopia license and "left" it for my friend, this didn't really happen.) when we started i said, "alex get there number, or maybe check their cup, it might e in there." he laughed a little.

i didn't really get a good look at one of them. but when i saw her, wow. i was at the point that i turn away from them so i said, " wooooh, turn back turn back." the whole time i fought my friend in trying to talk to them. it's pretty hard to state your case with only 5 seconds each time.

"how bout...........you and me......... and our friends........... go ride the.......... haunted..........man........sion!!!" they thought it was funny.

but we couldn't leave our families.:mad:

capnhook77
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
The last three times I was in DL I embarassed myself. The 1st time was when we were leaving DL on Main st at closing, with all the people, and I stepped on a soda lid and fell flying forward head first . I saw myself falling down so I did catch myself on my hands a little.
2nd time. Me and my family went on GRR at DCA and I didnt even think about it, I had on khaki pants. And as always, I got hi by the waterfall and it went down my backside. After the ride was over I got off and there was a group of men smiling at me, wondering why, my husband says "You have on violet undies I see" he then preceded to walk behind me to the GC hotel, till I changed, so know one could see my backside.
3rd time last Sept I wasnt expecting the weather to be hot like it was in DL. I have heart problems so the heat really bothers me.We went on Splash once and my family didnt want to go on it again. So I had a fastpass and went on it by myself. Got the biggest wave ever and I was soaked, not a dry spot on me. However, I had a tylenol in my back pocket, it gotten wet and was now bleeding through my pants. So now I was walking from Crittter country to Main st to meet with my family with a white spot on my behind. My mom then pointed it out to me. Then I had to walk to the GC hotel with it showing until I changed.