PDA

View Full Version : Renewing APs with special offers

britchic4
04-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I know some of you have in the past had special offers through the post giving you an extra 6 months on your AP or something like that. How far in advance did they come?
Our APs are due for renewal in May, a week before we go to DLRP. Theoretically we should be able to get one free as it has sponsored 3 people, although it is on the old sponsor form, valid at the time they were sponsored.
Has the kids free offer finished now? DS is 7 but DD only 4, however she got a free one last year so don't think she'd be able to have the offer again anyway.

I'd like to do it all by post before we go to save hanging around at the AP office which has such long queues lately (we arrive on a Sunday) but I don't know of that's going to be possible given there's only a week between their renewal date and our trip.

A Small World
04-04-2009, 07:45 AM
I think ours came about a month before it was due to expire last summer. Im not sure if you could combine the free one from sponsors with having extra months though as normally you cant combine offers.

As far as we all seem to know it looks as though free AP for under 7s has ended now but as your DD has had one anyhow Im not sure if shed get another and she wouldnt get it if you were renewing your AP for free.

I think the massive queues at AP office have been due to this offer ending and people wanting to buy before it ends

britchic4
04-04-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm presuming that we can get one free, as long as the old sponsorship form is accepted (but it was valid at the time so I'd be pretty upset if it wasn't accepted!). And that we have to pay for the other 3. Was hoping we could get the extra months offers on the other 3, but if they only come through a month before I don't know if that will be enough time to renew by post before we go back. Hope that makes sense, am still in middle of work crisis (working today) and my brain is a bit fried!

A Small World
04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
You should be ok to get one free as long as all 3 sponsors are on the same form.

Not sure about renewing by post so I dont know how long it takes

Cuthbert1969
04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Our APs in a couple of days and we've had no communication about any special offers for renewing them.

Ware Bears
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
We've held two lots of APs (with a years gap inbetween) yet we've never been offered any renewal deals by post either ~ even though others on here whose APs were expiring around the same time were. Everything to do with APs does seem to be very hit and miss.

salandbri
04-04-2009, 04:27 PM
We renewed our 3 Dream APs at the end of January. We had sponsors for 2 of them which were each renewed for a year. The third, for which we had to pay, was renewed for 18 months. We had received no letter for this offer we were just told about it by the CM when buying the passport.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this offer especially since the APs we were renewing had also run for 18 months having received the offer by post in July 2007.

britchic4
04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah well like most things DLRP there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it!!

Fiona35
04-06-2009, 08:51 AM
If you are lucky enough to received a letter extending your AP by 6 mths did you have to renew on the exact date that was on your pass or could you have done it a month later?

DLPdaft
04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I renewed my DD's pass with the extra 6 months, at the AP office in person, 4 days after her original pass had expired. I had no problems doing this, not a peep about it from the CM at the AP office :).

BONITATIME
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
They gave me the 6 months extra the last time I renewed without asking even.