PDA

View Full Version : Best places to view Fireworks?!

surgefest
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
What are some of the best places to view the DL fireworks?? obviously besides on main street... Any other spots around DL resort that give you a great view??? Also is there anywhere from Downtown Disney that'll give you a good view of the fireworks?? Thanks!

CanadianPaco
04-04-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm in to learn!:goodvibes

Kittyskyfish
04-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Good question! A few places I've liked in the past were up near the tree planters opposite to It's A Small World and the brick retaining walls close to New Orleans Square and the shuttle to Tom Sawyer's Island (or whatever name it has now. It'll always be TSI to me!).

Both don't give a view of the castle but the fireworks were nice n' close! Of the two, I prefer the Small World location but the Square location is good when tying in Fantasmic!.

Niele
04-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Good question! A few places I've liked in the past were up near the tree planters opposite to It's A Small World and the brick retaining walls close to New Orleans Square and the shuttle to Tom Sawyer's Island (or whatever name it has now. It'll always be TSI to me!).

Both don't give a view of the castle but the fireworks were nice n' close! Of the two, I prefer the Small World location but the Square location is good when tying in Fantasmic!.

We sat on the brick wall across the walkway from IASW and not only saw fantastic fireworks but the light show on IASW and got snowed on at the end. It was very surreal! pixiedust:

Oh, and I read somewhere that up at the entrance train station is a good spot. We've never tried it yet but may this year. It sounds like it would be a great place, maybe far away but you'd get a wide view of everything.

maryfree
04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Go to Hydroguys thread and you will find what you seek

DisneyMan 09
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
...up at the entrance train station...

There are seats set up there. I think the area is closed to general public at show time.

I just went for the 1st time in 9 years, and didn't read about the show to keep it a surprise(I did hear about projection being used though). It was a cool surprise getting off Big Th, standing in the exit, watching the show, and noticing a giant face between Big th and the trees(also the ghosts). I could hear the voice too.

Kittyskyfish
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
We sat on the brick wall across the walkway from IASW and not only saw fantastic fireworks but the light show on IASW and got snowed on at the end. It was very surreal! pixiedust:

Yep! That's when we were there, too! That was a great spot to wait for the fireworks - IASW was so beautiful with the light show. :love: