PDA

View Full Version : The New Season

wyre forest red
04-03-2009, 04:11 PM
After weeks of hoping that we might get lucky and see just one of the new season shows we managed to see all but the Studios Stars and Cars Parade!!!!

What can I say? Mickey's Magical Party Show becomes more catchy as you get to know the songs. It seems to be a theme in the parks to get the audience dancing, and this didn't seem to happen very much which is a shame. I love central shows like this that seem to bring the park to live and adored Florida's Once Upon a Dream Show when we saw it 2 years ago. This attempt at DLRP could have done with a vague storyline rather than just being a selecion of songs, but it was still good. The colourful trees a a result of the streamers that are fired are funny though!!!

It must have been a late Friday meeting, (lets come up with something quick and go home for the weekend) when the idea of Stitch hosting a music party, right in the heart of a major throughfare in Discoveryland was thought up... it is sooooooo weird, but enjoyable............... once (and that was enough), it would cause chaos if it was actually very good and became too popular. You could almost see the CM's in charge of crowd control blaming and cursing the people who had come up with the idea as they tried to keep the path open, but clear ready for stitch's spaceship to arrive. I found the music selection quite cheesy to be honest, although the real test would be my daughters, who enjoyed it.................but didn't want to see it a second time.:confused3:confused3

As previously mentioned on here the redesign of the character party train looks like it has been done by the imagineers' children, although perhaps they would have more taste.... it certainly creates a buzz around Main Street though and is good fun.

Finally we saw the High School Musical Parade in WDS. Great fun and energy.

It was brilliant being one of the first to see all these things this week. My only irritation was at the information desk, where the female CM refuse to tell me what time the Magical Show would (or even might) be on Tuesday pm because the season doesn't start until Apr 4th. I knew it would be on at some stage that afternoon, and wanted to plan my afternoon around it, she knew that it would be on, and almost certainly at what time, but she wouldn't/couldn't tell me... which seemed a little daft. The same happened with the Stitch Show, we had to ask one of the workers setting up the staging.

All in all the new season will probably be brilliant, and very lively throughout the parks, with lots of smaller events (Stitch, the Party Train etc....) going on at regular intervals. Enjoy!!!!

thelittlemermaid83
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, I'm dreading it....

wyre forest red
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, I'm dreading it....

I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10........ whether the Disney Company Execs would be happy with that rating would be a VERY interesting thing to know.

Back at work I'll be writing end of year school reports in a few weeks... how would this be for the new Disney season......?

Show's great potential and some very imaginative ideas. Now needs to try that little bit harder to produce the memorable work that we know that it is capable of.

DLPdaft
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I've purposely stayed away from watching the preview video clips etc (well apart from Stars n Cars because I am just sooooooooooo excited about that parade :cool1::cool1:). The reason is, I loved the 15th anniversary stuff at DLRP, but I want to give the Magical Party events a fair chance, seeing it live, with all 5 senses :goodvibes.

It may not be as good as the 15th anniversary, it may not even be as good as it could be for the Magical Party, but at the end of the day, I'll be at DLRP, and just for that, I'll be happy :love:

thelittlemermaid83
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
If we was getting what the press got then I would be excited but the dulled down versions of the shows are highly depressing.

The castle decorations are disgusting, they should of used the money to repaint the castle instead of adding tastless decorations.

The only thing im looking forward to is Stars n Cars and Playhouse Disney Live.

Don't get me started on Stitch's show, star wars vs starship troopers really isnt my thing and it doesnt belong in Discoveryland.

Sorry to be so negative but DLP could of come up with such better ideas then the tat they have produced for MMP.

wyre forest red
04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
If we was getting what the press got then I would be excited but the dulled down versions of the shows are highly depressing.

The castle decorations are disgusting, they should of used the money to repaint the castle instead of adding tastless decorations.

The only thing im looking forward to is Stars n Cars and Playhouse Disney Live.

Don't get me started on Stitch's show, star wars vs starship troopers really isnt my thing and it doesnt belong in Discoveryland.

Sorry to be so negative but DLP could of come up with such better ideas then the tat they have produced for MMP.

Not having been to DLRP for three years this is one of the first thing I noticed..... the paintwork. A lot of the place needs a damn good paintjob, including the castle. Looking across Lake Disney to the Newport Bay Hotel was almost embarassing. Has the New York Hotel had a recent paint job? It certainly looked like it and it seemed so much impressive for it. The whole faded (jaded?) feel of Disneyland Park, particularly the Fantasyland Pink, was only enhanced when my daughter bought one of those tacky plastic "cameras" that have a set of photos in them that you rotate round by clicking, you could see how colourful everything was when the pictures were taken.

Don't get me wrong, the place is still really, really magical, its just that some of the dull details seem to be being forgotten about. My wife commented how the paintwork on the "hair" on pinnochio's costume was really badly chipped/ worn away..... the first time we have ever noticed that on a disney character's costume. For the press weekend which we caught the back end of there was an awful Mickey's Ear type thing (screen?) blocking out some of the castle. Boy I hope that that doesn't return, it made the castle view appear very lopsided and wassimply dreadful. The "Mickey's Friend's" badge on the castle is OK...... but does seem quite tacky.

thelittlemermaid83
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Not having been to DLRP for three years this is one of the first thing I noticed..... the paintwork. A lot of the place needs a damn good paintjob, including the castle. Looking across Lake Disney to the Newport Bay Hotel was almost embarassing. Has the New York Hotel had a recent paint job? It certainly looked like it and it seemed so much impressive for it. The whole faded (jaded?) feel of Disneyland Park, particularly the Fantasyland Pink, was only enhanced when my daughter bought one of those tacky plastic "cameras" that have a set of photos in them that you rotate round by clicking, you could see how colourful everything was when the pictures were taken.

Don't get me wrong, the place is still really, really magical, its just that some of the dull details seem to be being forgotten about. My wife commented how the paintwork on the "hair" on pinnochio's costume was really badly chipped/ worn away..... the first time we have ever noticed that on a disney character's costume. For the press weekend which we caught the back end of there was an awful Mickey's Ear type thing (screen?) blocking out some of the castle. Boy I hope that that doesn't return, it made the castle view appear very lopsided and wassimply dreadful. The "Mickey's Friend's" badge on the castle is OK...... but does seem quite tacky.

The screen on the stage has now gone, it was only there for the press weekend.

I love DLP with all my heart and i adored the 15th Anniversary. But i'm just dissapointed with what they have come up with for MMP. I would cancel my trip in September but i paid 175 for my eurostar tickets and i refuse to let that money go to waste.

I know my daughter will love it, which is all that matters.

ghockley1981
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The screen on the stage has now gone, it was only there for the press weekend.

I love DLP with all my heart and i adored the 15th Anniversary. But i'm just dissapointed with what they have come up with for MMP. I would cancel my trip in September but i paid 175 for my eurostar tickets and i refuse to let that money go to waste.

I know my daughter will love it, which is all that matters.

sounds like someone has lost their magic :confused3

scald
04-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Last time we were there (July 2007), I thought the park in general and especially Fantasyland needed a spruce up. Some of the paint in Fantasyland was chipping and faded and the whole place looked work. I have booked again for this July and would have thought that in the past 2 years this work might havebeen undertaken:confused3

If it looked poor two years ago, I hope it's not going to take away from the magic this time:sad2:

A Small World
04-04-2009, 05:08 AM
It will be good to see some new things so I'll reserve judgement until Ive seen it for myself next weekend

thelittlemermaid83
04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
sounds like someone has lost their magic :confused3

No i'm just disappointed with the shambles of the new shows they are putting on esp as I enjoy watching the shows more than the rides. Looks like i will be spending more time on the rides in September.

eeyorefanuk
04-04-2009, 06:27 AM
No i'm just disappointed with the shambles of the new shows they are putting on esp as I enjoy watching the shows more than the rides. Looks like i will be spending more time on the rides in September.

Totally agree with you, I prefer watching the shows and parades to the rides - at the moment feeling quite apprehensive about my trip now.

thelittlemermaid83
04-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Totally agree with you, I prefer watching the shows and parades to the rides - at the moment feeling quite apprehensive about my trip now.

Bring back Candleabration :lmao:

mommy2ash
04-04-2009, 07:20 AM
i am not pleased with what they have come up with. i think there is too much trying to get people to join in and not enough show. but i just hope that it will be better watching it while i am there.

scampbunny
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
have to agree with most.....

but am hoping my mind might have been changed after my trip, but tbh im not excited about it so far...... i really hope to be proved wrong, but will be lookin at lots of meets & rides instead of the shows - except for hsm & playhouse disney, and of course will still wait for party train.....

but the one thing ill miss - candleabration - that kinda finished the day off nicely for me -so hopin maybe stars n cars will go a little to make it better!!

dixonsontour
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
It does seem odd there is no finale in the park most of the year (obviously fireworks summer and xmas).

I saw candelebration last year and was underwhelmed by it - but it was june and not dark.

I think DD will love the playhouse disney show and the party train. I think we'll try and see the cars parade but the rest we will avoid.

At WDW Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party they had dance parties set up which seemed popular with young children but I have to say they looked pretty lame to me.

jillrobinson
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM

But I thought that about Candelabration and look how everyone raved about it. The show everyone's watched the last 2 years didn't compare to the one we were lucky to see at the press event.
TBH the shows don't appeal to me and certainly won't appeal to my boys, but I think younger kids will like them, I just don't think the "everyone join in" thing works in Europe, it smacks of the Kid's Carnival, a previous failed attempt to get everyone up dancing. :banana:

Lisa_C
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm speaking as someone who doesn't go to the parks very often. It's easy to get too for me, but I am in the "if you go too much club you loose the magic". I think sometimes the problem is just that.

I've lived 15 minutes away from WDW, but only visited when friends stayed. When I moved back here I missed being able to go. But I still had the magic. I still feel great excitement about my upcoming DLP July trip. Yes I went in Dec, but only to experience NYE. I shall not be doing that again in a hurry lol.

But the whole family are coming this time. I personally think Disney is what you make it. If you look for negatives you'll find them. If you embrace it you'll have a much better time, or at least be able to deal with any negatives that happen.

I, for one am looking forward to this years theme. I love the music, can't wait for stars in their cars (I've seen this state side and love it) will actually DANCE with Stitch (I'm like that you know!), will do the "hotdog" dance with the Playhouse gang and as for the rides....if I can fit them in :lmao: You won't find me scowling at paintwork or the odd decaying food item.....but that doesn't mean my Dad won't notice it!! :rotfl:

Ware Bears
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
We're not going to DLRP this year and maybe won't even be going back until 2011 unless our numbers come up in the meantime so in a selfish way I'm glad that none of this new stuff appeals to me ~ well, apart from the Stars n Cars parade which we loved at WDW.

However I'm sure all of you going who are a bit dubious will still be overcome by the Magic once you're there and will have a wonderful time, it is Disney after all! :wizard:

Lisa_C
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
However I'm sure all of you going who are a bit dubious will still be overcome by the Magic once you're there and will have a wonderful time, it is Disney after all! :wizard:

That's how I feel :thumbsup2 It's Disney :cheer2: after all!