PDA

View Full Version : October trip - book now or later??


Eire
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Hello experts!

Planning a trip to DLP in October - have the flights booked - should I wait untill nearer October and book hotel or should I do it sooner? I'm kind of hoping there might be deals closer to that time.

DLPdaft
04-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Eire,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

There is a current early booker offer, I believe, on the UK Disney site. If you book a September/early October trip before the end of April, you can get 100 off the total price of the hotel/tickets package. Now, I don't know if this ties in with your dates, or if the early booker is still available on your choice of hotel (this offer has been advertised for at least 3 months now, and is subject to availability).
Last year also, Disney advertised 25% off their packages for trips in October, towards the end of the summer.

manxtatt2
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I would say book as soon as possible

what dates are you hoping to go in October and what hotel?

jees im nosey lol

:cool1::cool1:

Eire
04-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Gosh ye are a friendly bunch here :)

we are planning to go on the 11th October and it seems pretty reasonable price at the moment - its our fourth trip (you think i'd be pretty clued up by now) and we are probably going to stay in the Cheyenne - I'm not putting anymore on my credit card until after May so I'll check the prices again at that time - can't wait!!!!

FiFi Rose
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
We've gone the last few years in October and I have never booked before the summer. We are planning to go back this october and I'm going to wait until I see which offers are available nearer the time. Doing a price check just now is showing children under 7 stay and play free and 1 night extra. So play around with your dates and hotels on the website.

Roon
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
If it were me I would book as soon as possible, I need to know that I am booked in and don't have to worry about the hotel being full or anything like that.

AnotherKindOfBelle
04-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm going in September and I booked as soon as the dates became available. Now I'm slightly annoyed because of the offer being on, it's a lot cheaper than we payed. But I guess that can't be helped! I don't see it becoming any cheaper than it is at the moment though, so I'd say book asap. :)

cap'njack.
04-03-2009, 04:41 AM
I'd have thought that if you can get a 40% off offer on your dates then to book now. I don't see that offer being matched or beaten any time.

Despite the credit crunch DLRP has been rammed recently, people may not be spending as much money when they are actually there but they certainly are still visiting.

I was hoping for another 50% off offer for Dream AP holders but I'd feel lucky if we get 35% now :sad2: