PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Paris for a day?

pigby
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
We have always wanted to go into the city for a day while staying in DLRP and next time hoping to book for a bit longer so we can do this.

So a couple of questions..

How much is the train from DLRP and how long does it take from DLRP?
Is it just one train or do you have to change?
Does it take you into the city centre?
Must do places to visit (with a teen)?
Great and reasonably priced places to eat?

Thanks for your input

A Small World
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
We have done this a few times

the train takes about 30-40 mins and takes you right into the centre. It stops at a few stations in the centre all of which connect with the metro so depending where you wanted to go would depend which station you got off at. we have usually got off at Charles de gaulle .

The best ticket to get is the mobilis ticket which is approx 13E for a return and unlimited use of metro in central paris as well

Its hard to suggest where to visit but i would say walk along the river near Notre dame, look down at the Eiffel Tower from Trocadero and then walk to it, Browse in the shops on the Champs Elysee, Go up to the Sacre Coeur and wander round Montmatre

If you have a look at my TR from last Easter we did 2 day trips there and i wrote a detailed report of those days including which metro we used etc

If you want any more info please ask as I know Paris quite well.

I also live very close to you so if you want to meet up at any time for info let me know