PDA

View Full Version : specific room request

dixonsontour
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Should I ring the booking line or contact the hotel direct?

I know they can't promise anything but i thought I would let newport bay know my DD 3 is disabled and see if I could request a room more convenient for brekkie/entrance to hotel.

I'm on my own with her and keep reading about mammoth trks to the rooms!

Are ther any particular parts of the hotel better to ask for?

cap'njack.
04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd do both, certainly couldn't hurt :goodvibes

We had a very nice room which was very easy to get to breakfast with Kacee in his buggy. TBH the NBC isn't the most disabled friendly in terms of breakfast as from your room you are likely to need to get in two lifts to get there (at least 1 because the breakfast room is right at the front of the Hotel with street access only from the Lake)

I'll try and frind my room number tonight

scampbunny
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Should I ring the booking line or contact the hotel direct?

I know they can't promise anything but i thought I would let newport bay know my DD 3 is disabled and see if I could request a room more convenient for brekkie/entrance to hotel.

I'm on my own with her and keep reading about mammoth trks to the rooms!

Are ther any particular parts of the hotel better to ask for?

hiya
when u booked didnt u let them know that she is disabled?? wheelchair?? as this is sumthin important that should be on ur booking right from the start.
have no idea about newport bay, but as cap'n says, its a big place and others do say that ut can be a long trek.....

u will best to phone under 2 wks from arriving as that time seems to be best for when they start room allocating - at least thats what i do - which reminds me i need to phone up cheyenne!!

dixonsontour
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
No I booked on line, just suddenly thought it may be worth mentioning.

DD is not in a wheelchair :) - just on my own with her this year and trying to ensure everything goes smoothly

Calumsmummy
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi there.. I know how you feel. We are in a similar position at NPB.

We have the Admirals floor and I have told DLP Res that Calum is disabled. He isnt in a wheelchair but he doesnt walk far well and with all the walking around the parks, the last thing we need is a trek to the room.

I would call them if I were you, and I also intend to e-mail them this weekend and again 48hrs before to make sure.

Hope you have a lovely time :)

cap'njack.
04-02-2009, 02:33 AM
My room number was 4104. I thought it was easy to get to with Kacee in a buggy so I'd *imagine* that you'd be ok with a wheelchair too. It was only 2-3 minutes to breakfast/hotel lakeside exit.

scampbunny
04-02-2009, 04:36 AM
No I booked on line, just suddenly thought it may be worth mentioning.

DD is not in a wheelchair :) - just on my own with her this year and trying to ensure everything goes smoothly

can perfectly understand - im going with my 3 yr & 5 yr (3 yr has autism) so i will try and get a room near the car park, which we have had each time i asked (stoppin in cheyenne). they are pretty good at fulfilling requests, and that not mentionin about ds.

u know bout the easy pass dont u?? that shud help too!! and tbh - ur dd will be all boyed up on adreneline so ull prob find shell do better than u think, and sleep well at night - thats how my ds has been and we dont have a pushchair or anything for him - his enthusiasm propels him around :rotfl:

dixonsontour
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Callum's mummy do you email the hotel direct or dis reservations. What email address are you using if you don't mind me asking?

I'll definitely mention it to reservations when I call to add disney express and half board.

DD has a missing left arm (same birth defect as Cerrie the new cbeebies presenter)affects her balance and she wears a very heavy battery powered prosthesis alot of the time which she can't walk far with.

scampbunny
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
bless her - i bet shes a brave lil girl....

as for contacting the hotel - i normally phone them, they transfer me to recption, and then ask when im arriving and then make a note, and say they cannot guarantee - but each time ive got my requesy (1st time specific block, 2nd time specific room).
they are very good and do their best, and, as i say, ill phone next week for our trip the week after....

Calumsmummy
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Dixonsontour.

I havent done it yet, but am just about to via the DLP website.

Good luck :)