PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant options

euapap
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I think I will take the HB Plus. We will be staying for 4 days, 3 nights. We are 2 adults and our DD who will be 3. Which restaurants do you think we should visit?
(I don't mind if we have to pay more for once or twice)

mommy2ash
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
i would definately do a character meal for your dd. i am gonna do cafe mickey but there you use your voucher at face value and pay the rest. atm the lucky nugget is on half board plus but i think that is changing. we are definately doing the silver spur also. we had a great meal there in feb.

euapap
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
i would definately do a character meal for your dd. i am gonna do cafe mickey but there you use your voucher at face value and pay the rest. atm the lucky nugget is on half board plus but i think that is changing. we are definately doing the silver spur also. we had a great meal there in feb.

So I note down
1) cafe mickey
2) lucky nugget
3) silver spur

mommy2ash
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah sorry i drag on a bit lol. just check when the change over for the lucky nugget is as i think it will be moving to premium. im sure someone else can help with that

euapap
04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
no, I need as much infos as possible, don't hesitate to write all you want

Mickeys_Mate
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I second cafe Mickey and pay the difference, which isn't alot for the set menu option!

Lucky Nugget Saloon is confimed as a Half Board Plus option until 8th Nov. 09

You can only use your voucher for lunch at the Silver Spur, not dinner!

Rendez vous des stars is the Ratatouille (the film) restaurant. All you can eat buffet, every starter main and dessert you can imagine! The desserts are to die for! You save a fortune now the Euro rate is rubbish as you can use your half board plus voucher there for the full cost.

Agrabah Cafe is basic, Annettes diner usually has slow service and much of their food is glorified MacDonalds so that's a no go for us.

If it were me Id do Rendez vous des stars night 1, Walts on Main Street night 2 and Cafe Mickey or possibly Lucky Nugget Saloon on night 3.

eeyorefanuk
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I second cafe Mickey and pay the difference, which isn't alot for the set menu option!

Rendez vous des stars is the Ratatouille (the film) restaurant. All you can eat buffet, every starter main and dessert you can imagine! The desserts are to die for! You save a fortune now the Euro rate is rubbish as you can use your half board plus voucher there for the full cost.

Agrabah Cafe is basic, Annettes diner usually has slow service and much of their food is glorified MacDonalds so that's a no go for us.

If it were me Id do Rendez vous des stars night 1, Walts on Main Street night 2 and Cafe Mickey or possibly Lucky Nugget Saloon on night 3.

How do you know it is the 8th November for lucky nugget please? Prevous thread said in another brochure said change over from around 4th April to Goofy Wild West (or somethng similar)

A Small World
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Is Lucky Nugget confirmed as staying the same til November - I thought it had been mentioned that it was changing in april

Also there has been talk that the Rendez vous des stars is changing to table service rather than buffet - we are waiting to find out as we were told on the phone the other day it would be still a buffet but this isnt what has been mentioned online. It may not be open in the evening either as the studios often close by 7

Mickeys_Mate
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
How do you know it is the 8th November for lucky nugget please? Prevous thread said in another brochure said change over from around 4th April to Goofy Wild West (or somethng similar)

The thing is there is never one solid definite answer to questions like these as people get told all sorts and then it's chinese whispers! :)

I have been told at work (I work as a travel agent for a Disney trade partner tour operator) that it's until the 8th Nov - at the moment.... Also I have a friend who works in reservations in one of the call centres in France (when you call Disney direct on the back of the brochure number) who has also said at the moment they've been told to inform guests its Lucky Nugget til November. However with the way the "management" at Disney work that culd all change again tomorrow. :)

Mickeys_Mate
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Is Lucky Nugget confirmed as staying the same til November - I thought it had been mentioned that it was changing in april

Also there has been talk that the Rendez vous des stars is changing to table service rather than buffet - we are waiting to find out as we were told on the phone the other day it would be still a buffet but this isnt what has been mentioned online. It may not be open in the evening either as the studios often close by 7

Again just going by the latest info we are given: RV des S will be changed to table service (much to my dissaproval) at some point, but there is no set date as yet. Not in the next few weeks though!

eeyorefanuk
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
The thing is there is never one solid definite answer to questions like these as people get told all sorts and then it's chinese whispers! :)

I have been told at work (I work as a travel agent for a Disney trade partner tour operator) that it's until the 8th Nov - at the moment.... Also I have a friend who works in reservations in one of the call centres in France (when you call Disney direct on the back of the brochure number) who has also said at the moment they've been told to inform guests its Lucky Nugget til November. However with the way the "management" at Disney work that culd all change again tomorrow. :)

The actual "chinese whisper" was quoted in one of the brochures (not disney own) which surprised me as did not show in the direct disney brochure, but said in print was changing from either the 3rd or 4th April. Strange :confused3

euapap
04-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Randez vous des stars is at the Studios right?

Calumsmummy
04-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi guys.

I found out today that Lucky Nugget no longer accepts HB plus vouchers for the full value of their meals. Its now just face value and you pay the extra.
This wasnt what I was told when I booked, but appears they've changed it for arrivals from 4th April :sad2:

Ware Bears
04-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Randez vous des stars is at the Studios right?

Yes. :)

euapap
04-06-2009, 07:40 AM
SO I think it will be
1st day (no vouchers) we will eat at Planet Hollywood. (How much is it?)
2nd day - Randez vous de Stars (if it is a buffet. If not we will go at The Steakhouse)
3rd day- Walts (or Lucky Nugget?)
4th day Cafe Mickey - eat n great

Day 1 & 3,4 will be lunch
2 will be dinner, at (let's say) 7-8 o' clock

what about my 3year old. Does she pay? (She will be exactly 2 and 11.5 months)
Can you cancel your booking? Do you get your money back? Or you have a penalty?
What do you think?

dixonsontour
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
I'll answer the parts I can. Yes the 3 year old pays child price. If you have the brit's guide to disneyland paris there is a coupon at the back for 20% off planet hollwood.

Only had breakfast at cafe mickey and not eaten at the others

euapap
04-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I'll answer the parts I can. Yes the 3 year old pays child price. If you have the brit's guide to disneyland paris there is a coupon at the back for 20% off planet hollwood.

Only had breakfast at cafe mickey and not eaten at the others

We don't have this guide here in Greece :(
I guess I will order it from the internet

A Small World
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
SO I think it will be
1st day (no vouchers) we will eat at Planet Hollywood. (How much is it?)
2nd day - Randez vous de Stars (if it is a buffet. If not we will go at The Steakhouse)
3rd day- Walts (or Lucky Nugget?)

Day 1 & 3,4 will be lunch
2 will be dinner, at (let's say) 7-8 o' clock

what about my 3year old. Does she pay? (She will be exactly 2 and 11.5 months)
Can you cancel your booking? Do you get your money back? Or you have a penalty?
What do you think?

If your daughter is under 3 she wont pay at buffet restaurants

Rendezvous des stars is unlikely to be open that late as the studios usually closes by about 7

For most bookings you dont pay anything inadvance so can cancel your booking with no cost

euapap
04-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Thank you.. I changed the plans a bit because I saw Anettes and liked it a lot.

Questions:
Q1: I read very carefully the Restaurant reviews thread and about the Steakhouse, people have eaten like it is a buffet restaurant and others as it is not.
Q2: If you stay for 3 nights, you get 3 HB vouchers right? Can you buy an other one? Or how can you pay in advance for your meal?

My plan right now is to eat
1st day: Anettes (no vouchers, we will pay what we will eat)
3rd day- Walts only if I find a table at the 1st floor, window seat

dixonsontour
04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I've just seen DD is under 3. I'd personally pick mostly buffets as DD will eat free. If you order her a meal at table service you will pay for her meal.

It may be worth taking ID for her if she is literally a few days under 3. We got asked on entry to the park how old DD was a couple of times and she was only 2.5 (but as big as a 3.5 year old)

euapap
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I've just seen DD is under 3. I'd personally pick mostly buffets as DD will eat free. If you order her a meal at table service you will pay for her meal.

It may be worth taking ID for her if she is literally a few days under 3. We got asked on entry to the park how old DD was a couple of times and she was only 2.5 (but as big as a 3.5 year old)

SO I will probably switch 3rd day Walts to "The Steakhouse" If it is a buffer

britchic4
04-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Thank you.. I changed the plans a bit because I saw Anettes and liked it a lot.

Questions:
Q1: I read very carefully the Restaurant reviews thread and about the Steakhouse, people have eaten like it is a buffet restaurant and others as it is not.
The Steakhouse only has a buffet for Sunday lunchtime. It's a chacter meal with great, great food and something we definitely do if we're there on that day.
Q2: If you stay for 3 nights, you get 3 HB vouchers right? Can you buy an other one? Or how can you pay in advance for your meal?
Yes you'd get 3 vouchers. You can't buy extra vouchers (they are only meant to cover one meal a day), but you could if you wished pay in advance for character meals such as Cafe Mickey, Buffalo Bills, Lucky Nugget, Auberge.

My plan right now is to eat
3rd day- Walts only if I find a table at the 1st floor, window seat
They generally won't reserve you a particular table but tell you to ask at the time
:goodvibes

DLPdaft
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
The only time you can have buffet at the Steakhouse is on Sundays between noon and 3pm - this is the character brunch.

At all other times, the Steakhouse is a table service meal.

euapap
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
The only time you can have buffet at the Steakhouse is on Sundays between noon and 3pm - this is the character brunch.

At all other times, the Steakhouse is a table service meal.

:(
what about Randez vous de stars? will it be a buffet until 11th May?

euapap
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Then I switch it again
I prefer Village restaurants because you can have dinner
and I wanted one more buffet.. to put it in day 3, instead of Walts (if it is not a good table, we will not like it)

2nd day - Randez vous de Stars (if it is a buffet)
3rd day- Walts

DLPdaft
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't know what the meal choice will be at Rendezvous des Stars by 11th May, sorry.
If you prefer the Village, and a buffet, there is La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. This is open all evening, is a full buffet, and is covered in full by half board plus vouchers.

euapap
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
there is La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. This is open all evening, is a full buffet, and is covered in full by half board plus vouchers.
I saw it on an other thread that you liked taat. I will check it out, thank you

Where can I find what time is the last seating at Cafe Mickey and what time are the characters there for dinner?

Among the following restaurants, in which one should I not use the HB+ vouchers, and pay the whole bill?
La Grange at Billy Bob's
Anettes
Randez vous de Stars
Walts
Cafe Mickey

mommy2ash
04-08-2009, 01:22 PM
i would say annettes. for twenty euros you get a burger, fries a dessert and a drink. with the voucher the only extra you get is soup or cheese things. and as far as i have heard your starter comes with your meal. soup with a burger really??? lol

Ware Bears
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
IWhere can I find what time is the last seating at Cafe Mickey and what time are the characters there for dinner?

I've seen the characters still out at 10.30pm but suspect this may be their last round of the tables.

I'm not sure of the time of the last seating. If no-one else posts, you could always phone Dining Reservations on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50 to ask. :)

euapap
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
The "eat & great" option is when the characters come around?? Is it something more than that? Because I thought they go to all restaurants, but as fas as I know only 3-4 restaurants have this option

Ware Bears
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
The characters are only at some of the restaurants. They come round to your table for autographs and/or photos. These are the ones they come to.

Cafe Mickey Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although Cafe Mickey is open all day the characters aren't there mid-morning nor in the afternoon. They're there in the morning for breakfast, then say between 12 and 2.30pm for lunch, then approximately 6pm - 10.30pm in the evening.

The Lucky Nugget Buffet Lunch (Dinner when the park is open late as in Summer season). Also, the Tea Party is here now.

Auberge de Cendrillon Lunch (I think this may also be open for dinner in the Summer season?? :confused3 )

Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel. Buffet Dinner.

Hope this helps. :)

Sunday Brunch at The Steakhouse in Disney Village. Buffet Lunch 12-3pm on Sundays only.

mum'o'3
04-14-2009, 06:23 AM
In the brochure I have, it says Blue Lagoon is now included on the half board plus option but I haven't seen anyone mention that it is. Does anyone if this is true?

jillrobinson
04-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Blue Lagoon has only been added to the HB plus list since April, prior to that it was on the HB premium. No characters at this restaurant although you might get lucky and get a visit from Jack Sparrow. :)

euapap
04-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I think I will book tomorrow these restaurants, I have HB plus
and this is my final order
1st day: 18.30 Anettes (no vouchers, we will pay what we will eat)
2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (Let's hope it is a buffer)
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bob's
4th day 2.30pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

petentaz
05-01-2009, 06:28 AM
We have just upgraded from Plus to Prem. Here is our two meal plans.

On Half Board Plus

Day 1 - Parkside Diner (staying at HNY)
Day 2 - Auberge de Cendrillon (Pay extra -7 year old Princess mad Daughter)
Day 3 - Rendez-vous des stars
Day 4 - Cafe Mickey (Pay extra - For 4 year old Mickey mad son)
Day 5 - Walts

However after thinking about it we have upgraded to Prem.

Day 1 - Cafe Mickey
Day 2 - Auberge De Cendrillon
Day 3 - Rendez Vous des stars
Day 4 - Inventions
Day 5 - Walts

Pete n Taz :cool1:

DLPdaft
05-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I think I will book tomorrow these restaurants, I have HB plus
and this is my final order
2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (Let's hope it is a buffer)
4th day 2.30pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

To be honest, whilst I think your restaurant choices are fine, I think you won't get the best out of the character interaction by having your lunch meals so late. The characters at Cafe Mickey are not in the restaurant at all after around 2.45pm, until evening. I don't know about the animatronic Remy at Rendezvous des Stars though, he may be around for late lunch.

cowza
05-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I did the Ratatouille dining experience at Restaurant des stars last week. I thought it was very good. It closes quite early though... only open until 4. 22 euros for adults I believe. Remy makes his final appearance at 3:15.

Good selection of food (pastas, salad, pizza... ratatouille obviously, meat dishes... lots of desserts... coffee).

euapap
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
OK, I will check again.

Is HB+ fine for these? ( I know I will use them as face value at Cafe Mickey )

2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (waiting for Remy appearance at 3.15)
4th day 13.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

euapap
05-02-2009, 03:52 AM
I BOOKED!!!

I changed the last day with the first day
and now it is:

1st day: 14.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great
2nd day: 14.00 Randez vous de Stars she said that characters are there at that time, and Remy's appearance is a surprise
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bobs
4th day 18.30 Anettes - you can't make a reservation there

Ware Bears
05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I BOOKED!!!

I changed the last day with the first day
and now it is:

1st day: 14.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great
2nd day: 14.00 Randez vous de Stars she said that characters are there at that time, and Remy's appearance is a surprise
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bobs
4th day 18.30 Anettes - you can't make a reservation there

Great choices :thumbsup2 but did you mean to type she said that characters are there at that time next to Cafe Mickey as there aren't any characters at Rendez Vous, only little Remy.