PDA

View Full Version : Parades & Dining

Calumsmummy
03-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm new here and was hoping for a bit of advice.

We are all booked to leave on 18th April for 3 nights at NBC. We've bought HB Plus vouchers are are trying to decided where & when to eat.

I've decided (after reading the fantastic reviews here) to try Walts, Plaza Gardens and Lucky Nugget & might even try an afternoon character tea or breakfast too.

I know that if you eat at Walts, if youre lucky enough to be seated at the window you can see the parade.. BUT we arrive late Sat AM and I have a special needs child (have blue badge for him so hoping to visit city hall for the easy access card) so I wondered if we'd be better doing Disney Studios that day as it (might) be less busy but dont really fancy any of the eateries so we'd have to go to MK in the evening.

Question is, does anyone know if there is a "Fantillusion" or similar night time parade in MK if so, what time, and what time is and if Walts would be open then? Also, Is there a The Once Upon a Dream Parade on and again, what time? so I can try and plan things. The schedule isnt anywhere that I can find and no mention of Fantillusion :confused3

Looking for your advice on this, as I gather you guys are all very clued up on DLRP. Your guidance is much appreciated. I just want it to be a great day for my wee boy who is extremely excited!

Thankyou

A Small World
03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
fantillusion is only on during the summer and christmas months.

The park schedule is only out til 3rd April at the moment but the OUAD Parade is usually on at 4 or 5 pm

the park opening hours are available on DLRP magic

you could eat in the village or one of the hotel restaurants

busnae
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
hi we were there in march and in walt disney studio park (its late is that the right name!!) we enjoyed rendez vous des stars - the food was good, service good and we liked little Remy coming around

DLPdaft
04-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi Calumsmummy,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board :flower3:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

Calumsmummy
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks very much for the welcome :) I called today and made reservations, but might change one to Rendevous des stars if you guys think its good.

I have Walts on Saturday for 4.30pm- Parade is meant to be 5pm and they requested a window table for us ( I know its not g'teed but we can hope)
Plaza Gardens on Sunday at 6.30 & Lucky Nugget for lunch on Monday at 12.30.

May change Plaza Gardens to Rendevous as I'd like to see the stars in cars parade just before DS close.

Bearing in mind Calum has special needs, Do you think these res are ok?

Were also thinking of a Character B/fast at Cafe Mickey on Sunday or a Character tea on Monday.

Help and advice is much appreciated

Thankyou :cloud9:

Trilli-magic
04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
The cars and stars parade is nice, it's worth seeing.

We also had a great time at Cafe Mickey's, but we went in the evening so I can't say what it is like at breakfast I have heard good reports though :)

Have a great trip :)