PDA

View Full Version : bags / backpacks on rides

kipster
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi,

We are off for the first time this Sunday and I intend to take a small backpack with me just to carry all the bits and bobs but wondered if you can take these on the rides with you? If not are there 'safe' areas to leave them at each ride?

Kip

Bambi26
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
my mam did 2 years ago, she either put it on the floor of the rides , or wore it backwards to fit in the seat
:)

cap'njack.
04-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Most rides you can take bags on with no problems whatsoever.

Those such as RnR, BTM, ToT, Crush and SM:2 you may want to leave it with a non-riding family member

Roon
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I always carry a small backpack and on the rides that the harness comes right over your shoulders like Rock n roller and space mountain i pull down the harness and then put my arms through the straps and hold on tight. Not keen on leaving the bags in the little boxes at the side of the ride.

scald
04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
We always bring a little backpack for bits and bobs we might need during the day. This was only ever a problem on Indiana Jones when my husband was asked to leave it with the CM. It was well looked after and handed promptly back on his return. Just don't keep your wallet or money in it and you'll be fine!

kipster
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll try and keep it with me and don't mind holding on tight!!!!!!!!!

Just four more sleeps,

Kip

tiring_day
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
We have just always put it on the floor of rides, even the rougher ones, and just jammed it between my feet, it has never been a problem.

steve

charlottek1980
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but those of you that are just holding onto bags tightly or jamming them under your feet on rides like RnR or Space Mountain, have you thought about what would happen if these bags were to fall from your grip or from under your feet? They could fall onto the track and cause a derailment with fatal consequences.

I shall certainly be thinking twice about going on these rides again knowing that people do this.

Roon
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but those of you that are just holding onto bags tightly or jamming them under your feet on rides like RnR or Space Mountain, have you thought about what would happen if these bags were to fall from your grip or from under your feet? They could fall onto the track and cause a derailment with fatal consequences.

I shall certainly be thinking twice about going on these rides again knowing that people do this.

I think you have been watching too many horror films (final destination)

cap'njack.
04-02-2009, 03:50 AM

As could your glasses, small change, mobile phone, keys, mickey mouse ears etc :thumbsup2