PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

Trixster
03-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I was watching this on Youtube to see if I could get my 6 year old son interesting for our upcoming visit. One thing that disappointed me was that it was all in French ie the voiceover etc. I realise that the park is in France but is there a choice of stretch room and/or lifts where the narrative is in English?

Thanks for your help.

FiFi Rose
03-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry I was too scared to notice if it was french or english:rotfl2: Whatever language they were using didn't detract from how scary this ride was:scared1:

ukstitch
03-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I've never noticed a pattern in the language used, but it does come in both English and French versions.

I have to admit, I seem to have had the French narration far more often than the English one and it does make a noticable difference (at least it does to me). However - the ride is still a fantastic experience whether presented in English or French :thumbsup2

marcus.ka
03-30-2009, 01:29 AM
What I found out for ToT is the following:
Usually I say "nous sommes deux personnes" when we enter an attraction. But I don't do this anymore for ToT because if the CM recognizes that the majority of the quests in the elevator prefer English then he/she will use the English version for the ride.
The same applies to the Library but there you have subtitles anyway. :thumbsup2

ghockley1981
03-30-2009, 03:26 AM
When we go on ToT we normally are lucky enough to get it in English, but it seems the CM chooses which one to use dependant on who is on the ride.

So it's most likely just pot luck im afraid.

As marcus/ka said it will be in subtitles anyway, but you could politley ask the CM and say it's for your boy benefit. ALthough he may then try to scare you more :scared1:

cap'njack.
03-30-2009, 03:29 AM
I've never been lucky enough tio have it in English, always French. It doesn't take anything away at all, infact I think it better in French (I always find the Haunted Mansion scarier as I don't know what's happening)

nursejenny
03-30-2009, 05:14 AM
we went on it 9 times on our last trip and it was in english 7 times!! it doesn't really matter tho....its fantastic!!! i suggest you dont hold on, its so much better with your hands in the air!!!!!!pirate: