PDA

View Full Version : Snacks

poohbearfriend
03-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I am looking for ideas on where to do light lunches or snacks to keep us going during the day ie croque sandwiches, waffles, pizza slices etc as we are on a tight budget and dh and I don't feel comfortable about taking stuff from breakfast - I would probably get caught anyway as I have a "guilty" face !

Where are your fav places as I hoping not to spend too long in food queues or comparing prices as we have so much to pack in ...

I will be taking alpen type bars which I could happily survive on with a coffee during the day but ds and dh like to keep their tummies full or they both get VERY grumpy.....

Thanks in advance for your help x:

A Small World
03-28-2009, 04:10 PM
we like the market house deli on mainstreet for croque monsieurs or the cable car bake shop also on mainstreet

nobby
03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I'd agree - the croque monsieurs are great from the mainstreet deli. There are waffle 'vans' dotted around the park - often one as you go from mainstreet into discoverland, on the right hand side just after you go past the plaza gardens restaurant. Buzz lightyear Pizzas are also good to split.

I also believe there is a shop that is close to the Davy Crockett - the Alamo Trading Post - which sells groceries, but not sure what they sell and whether it is just for guests at that hotel. There is also a petrol station with a shop - I would presume they must have some snacks, croissants etc.

A Small World
03-29-2009, 08:27 AM
The shop at Davy Crockett is actually on the site so you need to go through the barriers. The prices are Disney prices anyhow so not that cost effective.

There is a small supermarket in the train station between Disney Village and the park entrance which sells the basics including crisps, sandwiches, drinks etc and also another at the Esso petrol station next to Santa fe hotel. Both these are more reasonably priced than things inside the park or in the hotel shops

You can get childrens counter service meals if you want as well - usually a set price

SimonV
03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
The train station is definitely a good source for cheaper(er) meals, as they offer sandwiches, pastries, drinks and snacks for almost half the price they charge in the parks. There is a mini-supermarket at the end closed to the Disneyland Park, which includes wine) and two small cafes further inside. You can either buy and take them with you, or come out of the park for lunch and take them to the picnic areas just outside the Disneyland Park.

foxymum
03-29-2009, 12:36 PM
we took snacks like crisps/biscuits/bread sticks/ sweets from home & drinks, & also took a few rolld & croissansts ;) from breakfsat, probably shouldnt but we did pay a lot of money for our trip.

the people on the gates at Disney who do bag checks are not worried about a few rolls,
we were there for 3 days & only spent money on gifts for our children rather than food ( we were half board)

Rachie B
03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Someone on another forum reported having food from breakfast @ the hotel ,taken off them when they were going through bag check

also signs saying due to "health and hygiene" or something ,that food was not to be taken from breakfast ,out of the hotel

jillrobinson
03-29-2009, 01:20 PM
due to "health and hygiene" or something ,that food was not to be taken from breakfast ,out of the hotel

also the reason I was given for not being allowed to take the birthday cake away from the Lucky Nugget this time. Although they did them swap the choc. cake for a sponge one.

If it's health and hygiene they're worried about I'd like to take them on a tour of the Cheyenne breakfast room, I discarded 5 cereal bowls before finding one for DS that didn't have someone else's breakfast stuck to it, those chocolate cereals obviously have superglue as one of the main ingredients, the plates and cutlery left a lot to be desired to.

and as for the child licking and dipping his finger into the sugar bowl (accompaniement to the crepes) at Cafe Agrabah, I just prayed he hadn't been anywhere near the other food. :eek:

poohbearfriend
03-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone for advice x

Will be steering clear of that sugar bowl as we hve booked a slot at that rstaurant:rotfl: