PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up

kelliemc04
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
I just read a reply regarding cakes, balloons etc and thought it sounded fab that they would put balloons in the room for free but then I just read another post about the extortionate cost of balloons inthe room. Hope you don't mind me flagging this up to you but I would hate for anyone to get an unexpected bill. Here's a link to the post;

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2129708

You'd think Disney would decorate a room if you were celebrating a birthday to recreate the disney magic!

Kellie

howlongtillsummer?
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi and thanks!!

Appreciate that greatly and will check it out.
Would hate that to happen to anyone!!

Thanks again :thumbsup2

jillrobinson
03-28-2009, 05:14 AM
You'd think Disney would decorate a room if you were celebrating a birthday to recreate the disney magic!

Kellie

I was lucky enough to have our room decorated with balloons free of charge, in fact I believe I was the first DLP DISer to get this, but it followed a phonecall from me asking what if anything I could purchase for DS's birthday to make it extra special, as they didn't have anything they offered the free balloons, that to me was outstanding customer service and Disney magic at it's best, because it was totally unexpected.

Whether it's free room/hotel upgrades or champagne left for honeymooners, anything that is given complimentary is a bonus and should be treated as such, not expected.

howlongtillsummer?
03-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Indeed!!

Will let you know what (if anything) they do for my daughter! I go in a couple of weeks and have not led her to expect anything.

We have booked Inventions, Lucky Nugget, The Birthday Tea, Cafe Mickeys and Auberge. I know this will be expensive but my mum is coming for her first trip and want her to be able to see my daughter's reaction to the characters.

I guess Disney are like anywhere else, who should expect to get what you pay for!!

You guys are a really great help. Thanks

babymaddie
03-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I too have had free balloons at the Newport bay back in 2007 for my daughter's 5th birthday.