PDA

View Full Version : How are the seas?

swandiverpatt
03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
DD is cruising Sunday and always needs a "wave report." Anyone cruise recently?

lbgraves
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL! You can tell DD that there are usually waves out on the water and the ship might come into contact with them. ;) Conditions will vary from day to day though and there is no way to know what it will be like on Sunday.

frdeb1999
03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Deffinately varies. We had 1 evening on this past cruise that had lots of motion. Cruise prior to that absolutely no issue's. No one can predict it. Just hope for the best! :)

SplashMountainManiac
03-18-2009, 08:29 PM
We were on the March 7th Western and it was calm as could be. Even with broken stabilizers, you hardly felt the motion except the last night back into Port Canaveral. Talking to the crew, it sounds like this is one of the calmer times of the year to sail, but it varies on a day by day basis.

golfcane
03-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I am an avid east coast of Florida gulf stream fisherman so please tell your daughter to bring medicine. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of seasickness.

This report is from NOAA and will be close to accurate. It is for the gulf stream area from the port to the northern end of the Bahamas. I will also try to post a link so you can check it for updates. And remember this is a big ship with stabilizers so while theree would be motion, you would need much bigger seas to really get rocked.

Sunday...East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet.

Sunday Night...East winds 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots after midnight. Seas 8 to 10 feet.

Monday...East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 8 to 10 feet.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/

swandiverpatt
03-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks -- she's cruised before, but tends to get a little seasick (or a lot ...) on that first night. We've used ginger in the past and usually the first day she and I will take a Bonine or Dramamine and it works well.

tinkmom2
03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,
If she is going to be on the Wonder March 22nd we are having a cruise meet on Deck 10 at the sail away party! The more the merrier! ;)