PDA

View Full Version : Printing cruise magnets

aznaphrodite
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
What software are you using to print your cruise magnets?

I was thinking of using Adobe Photoshop to arrange all my magnets on 8.5x11" sheets but getting all the resolutions the same is a pain.

Is it pretty easy to control the size in Microsoft Word? Or are you using something else? :confused3

brucechase
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Most of what I print is in either Word or Powerpoint (which is great for layering and wordart). I don't print on a magnetic sheet, I just print on regular paper and then laminate and put a 1" square piece of magnetic tape on the back at each corner. That way I don't have to worry about maximizing space and trying to get everything to fit.

tjbaggott
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Most of what I print is in either Word or Powerpoint (which is great for layering and wordart). I don't print on a magnetic sheet, I just print on regular paper and then laminate and put a 1" square piece of magnetic tape on the back at each corner. That way I don't have to worry about maximizing space and trying to get everything to fit.
What a wonderful idea! And much less costly then buying magnetic sheets!
I'm going to that from now on. I think though, I will print on card stock and have that laminated.
Thanks for the tip!

brucechase
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
What a wonderful idea! And much less costly then buying magnetic sheets!
I'm going to that from now on. I think though, I will print on card stock and have that laminated.
Thanks for the tip!

You can just print it on regular paper if you are going to laminate it. It will be plenty stiff enough. Also, look around for some laminators at the office supply stores. I got mine for $9.99 a couple of years ago and it does a great job. You would be surprised what you can laminate once you have one of these things.