PDA

View Full Version : Coolers & Boarding Time

minnieandkids
03-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi All - can anyone tell me:

What is the earliest time I can get to port without waiting around too long to board. I will be staying in Cape Canaveral - literally down the block from port - and I can get there as early as I like without inconvenience. So any suggestions? pirate:

Coolers - what is the policy with coolers? Can I bring one? Can I bring beer / wine / water? Has anyone actually done this? :woohoo:

Thanks again for all the great info!!:yay:

Eeyore'sthebest
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
First of all, soft sided coolers only are permitted.

The port opens around 10 a.m. If you get there any earlier you will be made to wait. They still need to clear the people from the last cruise off the boat and out of the terminal.

kcashner
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
As far as waiting to board...boarding starts about noon +/- 15 minutes. It goes really quickly. If you arrive about 12:30, you will check in and walk right onto the ship. If you arrive at 1:30, you will hit the rush from WDW and have a line again.

mmouse37
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Many, many people bring their own beverages onboard, some in soft sided cooler, some in duffles, some in wheeled carryon bags...the choice is yours except it can't be a hard sided cooler, it must contain NO ICE and it must fit through the x-ray scanner.

MJ