PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to Serenity Bay on CC from ship?

loveysbydesign
03-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Just wondering how long it take sto get from the ship to SB?? I'd rally love to have just 1 hour at SB spent relaxing instead of chasing my almost 2 y.o. around. Not sure if this is doable though, as Flounders is only available for part of the day and not sure how much time we'd need to get back and forth to the ship.

kcashner
03-18-2009, 09:26 AM
It depends on how you hit the tram. If it is there as you arrive...maybe 15 minutes. If you have to wait for the tram, it could be a little longer.

You'll have to have KTTW swiped as you leave the ship, take 2 trams to get to Serenity Bay as well as a short walk to the first tram and between trams. The first tram goes to the family area. Reverse the process on the way back.

If you want to spend one hour there, you'll need at least 2 hours of Flounder's time. You'll probably want time to shower when you get back to the ship also.

mmmagic7754
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
It doesn't take long if you get lucky catching the trams.The 1st tram drops you near family beach then short walk to tram for SB. Its a short ride to SB(we have even walked it) and it drops you off just steps from the beach.:thumbsup2 BTW we on on the same cruise (May 30) as you:cool1:

TIGGER/POOH4
03-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is a map of CC to give you an idea of where SB is to the ship

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/tiggerger5/IMG_1631.jpg

stout
03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
And if you are as unlucky as us, you will miss the tram and have to run in flip flops to the ship . . . in which case, it takes about 20-25 minutes from the beach to Flounders. Don't worry though, they will not kick your infant out into the hallway if you are a few minutes late . . . but they will page you tell you that your infant is anxiously waiting for you.

tvguy
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
It's .89 miles from the ship to Serenity Bay. So it's more a factor of how fast you walk and your ability to walk. Most folks walk at about an average of 3 miles an hour so it's less than a 20 minute walk. If you take the tram, the wait time is hard to say.
I'm no athlete at age 51, but I walk 2 miles at a brisk pace every day on my half hour meal break.