PDA

View Full Version : Keen sandals for my DS - best price?

lecach
03-18-2009, 08:13 AM
I saw lots of kids wearing Keen sandals at WDW last week and want to get some for my 4 year old. They are SO expensive though. Anyone know of any discounts or sales?

BrightScouter
03-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Depending on which model you or he wants, I have seen them for around $35 to $40 online. I think it was backcountry.com that had a few models in that price range. Other than that, I think your best bet is to find some local retailer, that has a coupon for % off and try to use that. I have noticed that some coupons specifically exclude certain brands, Keen usually being one of them.

Good luck! We own both Keen and Teva sandals and love both of them. I have open air Tevas that I absolutely love for everything, except where open toes are a problem. They are cooler and more comfortable to me than my Keens. But, my wife likes her Keens better. To each his own, they are both great!

debster812
03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
rei.com sometimes has them in their Outlet section.

Honestly though, DS is 11, and has gotten a new pair of Keens every summer since he was 6. After the 1st year, I never once balked at the price. He was allowed to wear them to Y Camp because the toes were covered, and he literally wore them every single day.

I would throw them in the washing machine about once a week, and they still looked great at the end of the summer.

Va-bear
03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
When my sons were that age I would take them to a store and find out the size I wanted (Keens can run a bit small...) and then buy them on Ebay for a fraction of the price. Often they hadnt been worn, or had very little wear. Also, I found them online on good sale - REI outlet and Sierra Trading post has had deals in the past.

I am a Keen freak - its all I wear at WDW and pretty much all summer. My whole family wears them - one by one we've fallen in :love: - for folks w/ bad backs and feet they are often a godsend.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

edited to add- I see while typing someone mentioned REI - sorry to repeat. :)

ceecee
03-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Ebay!

lecach
03-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Well I found a red pair that would be around $15 with shipping on Ebay. I really wanted orange but DS's favorite color is red. And for the savings difference I might give them a try. Thanks everyone!

jennifer293
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
also not sure if anyone is aware...My new dog chewed through the draw cords of DH's Keen's (that he LOVES). I called Keen up to see if I could buy new cords and the guy said just give me your name and address and I will mail you a new set free of charge...I got them about a week later!!!!!

jennifer293
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Well I found a red pair that would be around $15 with shipping on Ebay. I really wanted orange but DS's favorite color is red. And for the savings difference I might give them a try. Thanks everyone!

I just had to laugh about your 4 yr old getting BACON for Xmas from your MIL...WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Well no, at least your child got a xmas gift from your MIL...My kids got nothing and it was not from a lack of money either...:rolleyes1