PDA

View Full Version : 7 Night Eastern vs 7 Night Western

antici_PATION
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
So I re-booked onboard my last cruise for a 7 night Western. But now I am torn future DH says he might not want to get off the boat in Mexico. Maybe a 7 night Eastern is a better idea for us. I was looking forward to the ports of call on the Western including going to Hell! (saying that never gets old!)

Can I get some opinions on which cruise is better?:confused3

Otimon
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I would suggest if future hubby doesn't want to get off the ship in Mexico then let him stay on board. Join an excursion that interests you there and enjoy yourself. You'll have lots of company to join you.

Have been to "Hell" twice now and to be honest with you there is really nothing much to see there. It's just a rock formation out back of a building. Look at it for a minute and that's it! It is fun, however, to have your picture taken with the sign "Hell" in the background or mail a postcard stamped from "Hell" to friends.

Last time I checked the Western had 2 days at sea and the Eastern had 3. We personally like the option of getting off the ship or not so chose the Western, as well as being able to visit Key West which we really enjoy.

Whichever cruise you choose, have a wonderful time.

dvschem
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I just returned from an Eastern which included St Croix. I wouldn't recommend an itinerary that included that particular island. It was a fairly dirty, run down port area (complete with used "prophylactic" on the rocks near the beach). The only part of the trip I wouldn't rate at 100% was St Croix .. it would get about minus 100%!!!.