PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand the FL Resident Discount....

lillygator
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
prior when we have received it, it has been applied to the reservation - not have to be rebooked.
I checked with DU since the 5/16 cruise is now discounted and was told I would save my OBC that I had from rebooking onboard but turn anround and lose the OBC....did DCL change this policy?

dta87
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
That is what I have understood with the FL res discount (and Military discount). DCL will only give you one discount/OBC so if you rebooked onboard and a FL res rate comes out you can get either the on board booking discount/OBC or the FL res rate (from DCL) and lose the OBC from DCL since you would be getting a better rate than the 10% saved by booking onboard (even with losing the DCL OBC). You can still get a TA OBC for the booking since that does not come from DCL

MelissaE1
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
This has been DCL's policy since we have cruised with them, about 7 years. You can't "double dip." We recently got a reduced resident rate and they removed our onboard booking OBC and discount. As dta87 said, you should be able to keep any OBC that was given to you by DU.

kcashner
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Right--you can get only one discount from Disney. This can be in the form of a Disney Visa credit, rebooking on board credit, FL resident or military discount, etc. Very rarely, there are discounts that can be "stacked" like the on line booking credit.

In addition to ONE discount or credit from Disney, you can get whatever credit your TA may be offering.

TifffanyD
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I have the 10% off and OBC from booking onboard. We also used the friends and family to get another group the OBC. If we switched to Fl Res rates would the other group lose their OBC too?

kcashner
03-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I have the 10% off and OBC from booking onboard. We also used the friends and family to get another group the OBC. If we switched to Fl Res rates would the other group lose their OBC too?
I think that it would not affect their reservation (since they have a separate reservation number). They booked per the regulations of the friends and family, and didn't make any alterations--they are still on the same sailing, etc. The fact that you qualified for a lower rate shouldn't change their situation.

Also, you will still technically show a rebooking while on board. You have just turned down the benefits in order to get the FL res rate.

TifffanyD
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I think that it would not affect their reservation (since they have a separate reservation number). They booked per the regulations of the friends and family, and didn't make any alterations--they are still on the same sailing, etc. The fact that you qualified for a lower rate shouldn't change their situation.

Also, you will still technically show a rebooking while on board. You have just turned down the benefits in order to get the FL res rate.

Thanks! We got a great deal anyways ($1650 + the $200 onboard credit for the 7-night western) so not even sure a FL resident rate would come out that would be any cheaper than $1450 after taxes. But good to know, just in case. :thumbsup2