PDA

View Full Version : ? about sail away party and early dinner. Need help

fijidoc
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
If we attend the sail away party do we have time to go to our room and change for dinner before going for our early seating time. I think dinner is to start at 5:45 and the sail away party is at 5:00.

So do we change into our evening dinner wear before the party?

Go to the party and leave early to change?

Go to the party leave when it is over to go change and don't worry about being a little late for our seating time?

We have never cruised before and go on March 22nd and was just wanting other peoples opinion.

A book I have recommended going to change after the safety inspection for dinner and going to the sail away party. I would rather not be in long pants and nice shirt at sail away party if not needed but will do whatever people advise is best.

Thanks.

Suz D
03-17-2009, 09:00 AM
If we attend the sail away party do we have time to go to our room and change for dinner before going for our early seating time. I think dinner is to start at 5:45 and the sail away party is at 5:00.

So do we change into our evening dinner wear before the party?

Go to the party and leave early to change?

Go to the party leave when it is over to go change and don't worry about being a little late for our seating time?

We have never cruised before and go on March 22nd and was just wanting other peoples opinion.

A book I have recommended going to change after the safety inspection for dinner and going to the sail away party. I would rather not be in long pants and nice shirt at sail away party if not needed but will do whatever people advise is best.

Thanks.

We always have early dining (last time we dined at 5:30) and we were fine. The sail away party actually starts earlier than 5:00. You set sail at 5:00-ish but you party long before that. The party doesn't last much past the actual time of sailing. We left the sail away party around 5:15 and went a freshened up and were there by our 5:30 dining time. You should be just fine.

Suz

outahere
03-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Actually, the sail away party starts prior to 5:00 and is usually in high gear by the time the ship leaves the terminal. Every time we've gone, it has been pretty much winding down by 5:15 - 5:30. If you're concerned about missing any of it, I would suggest changing right after the safety drill. Since you won't know what time your dining rotation is until you check in at the port, you can alter your plans accordingly. I wouldn't advise being more than a few minutes late for dinner, because it would mess up your server's routine. If there are people other than your traveling party seated with you, they usually wait to take orders until everyone at a table arrives.

fijidoc
03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
thank you very much for the information. Can hardly wait.

kcashner
03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
You'll have plenty of time. The sail away party will be over by about 5:30....go to your room for a quick change if you have your luggage by then. No one really worries about clothing on the first night.

Jeninpa
03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
We never change the 1st night,lol. We had cute matching white T's with black and white Mickey's on and our 1st dinner was Animator's Palate so I think it worked out great for the pics I took,lol. I wouldn't go in tank tops or anything but t-shirts & shorts I believe are fine for the first night.