PDA

View Full Version : Priceline for Hyatt at MCO?

MassDisLovers
03-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I've never used Priceline, but we're arriving in Orlando at 11:00 PM so it seems easier to stay at the airport for the first night. Can someone tell me how this works? We'd like to stay in the Hyatt - is it possible to get that hotel?

Thanks!

ruadisneyfan2
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't know of any way of guaranteeing that you'll get the Hyatt thru PL. You could ask at betterbidding.com. They've helped me get it thru Hotwire many times. With priceline you just bid 3* in the MCO and hope for the best. There's no visual search results like HW has to try to decipher what's really available. Also if a hotel accepts your offer, they only have to offer bedding for 2. We are a family of 4 so we can search with that exact criteria on HW.
On HW, Hyatt MCO is the only 4* in the MCO area (not MCO West) that also lists a TA rating of 4.5*out of 5 with over 100 ratings.
The other 4* in MCO is the Renaissance. It's TA rating is 4.0/5.
hth

ruadisneyfan2
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
For an 11pm arrival, assuming no delays, I would not take a chance. I'd pay a little extra to make sure I got the Hyatt. jmho.
Try this:
https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsStay.aspx
Hyatt MCO is at the "CHOICE" level. $135 + $6 s/h.
It's still waaaay cheaper than their reg. price or AAA rate but it's prepaid and they do expire eventually.
We used one in Nov. and it covers all taxes, etc. Just hand the cert. over when you check in and you don't pay a penny more. they did ask us to post a cc for incidentals or charging meals to our room. I think that was optional though.

kcashner
03-17-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm a Priceline junkie, and I don't know any way to guarantee the Hyatt. People posting seem to have better luck with Hotwire as there is only one hotel with all the same reviews and amenities as the Hyatt. On Priceline, you don't get to see the amenities, just the star rating level--so you have less to go on.

ErieCruiser08
03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
For an 11pm arrival, assuming no delays, I would not take a chance. I'd pay a little extra to make sure I got the Hyatt. jmho.
Try this:
https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsStay.aspx
Hyatt MCO is at the "CHOICE" level. $135 + $6 s/h.
It's still waaaay cheaper than their reg. price or AAA rate but it's prepaid and they do expire eventually.
We used one in Nov. and it covers all taxes, etc. Just hand the cert. over when you check in and you don't pay a penny more. they did ask us to post a cc for incidentals or charging meals to our room. I think that was optional though.

How many adults do they allow to a room? Also, if we are traveling in January 2010, when do you suggest we buy a stay certificate? It is over $100 cheaper for us to do it this way!
Thanks for the info!
:cool1:

MassDisLovers
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the help!

BubblesNH
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Just got Hyatt MCO for April 21st on Hotwire for $75 plus taxes (about $90 total).:woohoo: It was still 4.5/5 and 120 reviews from trip adviser. One little confusing tidbit, it lists a shuttle as one of the icons. Hope this helps. I had reserved a stay certificate room just in case but was going to wait to order certificate until we got within 3 weeks.

kris-co
03-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Within the last several years we have used Priceline and luckily :cool1: received the Hyatt at Orlando airport 5 out of the 6 times we did for anywhere between $45 -$47 per night. Once we did get the Sheraton for $46.00. The only issue was the shuttle instead of just walking from the terminal to our room! Still a good price though!

ruadisneyfan2
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
How many adults do they allow to a room? Also, if we are traveling in January 2010, when do you suggest we buy a stay certificate? It is over $100 cheaper for us to do it this way!
Thanks for the info!
:cool1:

I don't know know how many adults they allow. I'd assume 4 since they do have rooms with 2 double beds. I'd call though and not assume anything, just in case. If you'd rather go with the stay cert instead of hoping for Hotwire, I'd do it asap, esp. if it's near a holiday. (NY, MLK)