PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Package ahead of Cruise

nickcapp
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Just read through the FAQ about shipping a package and just wanted some advice with people with experience doing this.

The box size is stated:

The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs.

The box I want to send is 14x17x6.5 inches. Rather flat and way less than 20 lbs. I would consider that "about" what the required size is. Are they going to be huge sticklers here? I'm not trying to ship something huge, but it is slighhtly bigger than 12 inches on a side...well, unless they count the 6.5 inches side! Will they ship it back? I would hate for the package not to get to my room...it has all my FE gifts!

I know the package needs to get there prior to the Friday before my sailing on 4/4. How far in advance should I send it? Should I be taping it up and sending now or is it too early??

Thanks in advance!

rb71593
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Not sure about the size of the box question, but i believe you should be able to send them now.

jj4
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
We sent our box in November, 2008. It was 12x16x10. I called the company and they said it would be okay so we sent it and didn't have any problems. I would call first just to make sure.
Send it 2 weeks before either Fed Ex or UPS. DON"T send through the Post Office, they will bring it to the ship and then it will be lost. We used UPS as they are very familiar with the whole Disney process and the correct place to deliver the boxes. It was in our cabin waiting for us!

nickcapp
03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Great! Thank you.