PDA

View Full Version : Adding 2nd cabin to already paid trip

Elphie&Me
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
We have a cat 12 for 2 adults for May, that we got an amazing rate because we booked in Jan.

Now I have an issue because my Mom wants to go. She just wants to go someplace and has nobody to travel with. Unlike DH I have no siblings and her and I are our only blood left. She has gone to the same low paying job for 41 years (and still make less then that) So deep inside she is a good person and did it all for me. She would rather have made crap money then take from the government to bring me up. That said.

She is a major pain to everyone she comes in contact with. We have only had so, so success when she travels with us. So dh has issues about bringing her at all. Sharing 1 cabin is not an option at all.

So now not only do I have to make sure I don't force him into it. I have to find the best rate for her cabin. Does DCL cut you some slack if they know you are adding an additional cabin? (I already know she will be paying 175% because of being alone in a cabin) Anyone have past experience with this? looking for tips before I call DCL. Trying to make everyone happy and the stress is not fun. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

:sick: :mad:

lbgraves
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
DCL doesn't give a discount for booking an additional stateroom, if that is what you are asking. I would look for a cat 12 to come up on your cruise to get the best deal.

HallsofVA
03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't know if you booked your room while onboard a previous cruise, or just booked it separately. If you did rebook, we had luck before adding another room to our ressie at a later date. We were given the same 10% discount and OBC that we'd received on the first room, though we did have to base that on current prices at the time we made the reservation. We still ended up with a second reservation #, though the two ressies were linked together. There may be some requirement that the discount only applies if one person in the new cabin sailed on the original cruise, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Otherwise, I'd just keep an eye out for a low rate.

lbgraves
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
You happened to be lucky to get a CM who did something that they were not supposed to do, probably in training. No reservation made off the ship is supposed to get the OB discount or OBC. Many people have tried to do that and have been told no.