PDA

View Full Version : Magic AFTER dry dock?

pperfectmom
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I know there was a question last week about conditions before dry dock, but what are things like AFTER the ship goes through dry dock? It seems like there are negative reviews about this.:confused3 I ask only because we are scheduled for the first cruise after and I don't want any unexpected surprises. This will be our first cruise ever and, if there are going to be issues I want to change the dates. Will I even notice anything amiss since I haven't ever been on a cruise? Please tell me that this is something I don't need to worry about.

kcashner
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Right after dry dock, there may be things that aren't finished and the crew is still working on them. We had one cruise where a whole section of deck 6 or 7 was closed off as they were still upgrading those staterooms. I thought I was "brain dead" when I kept hitting a solid white wall--I was sure there were cabins in that area and it should go thru. I checked the map!

It shouldn't greatly impact your enjoyment, but the room stewards, etc. may be working on things. Alternatively, the ship will be spotless and beautiful.

livingis2me
03-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey there.

I'm on your cruise. You most likely won't notice any problems after drydock. What happened last time is that they added on an extra 3 night cruise and cut the drydock short. They were still finishing up their work during the 3 nighter. By the time the next 7 nighter came around the ship was pretty much in good shape.

We were on the 1st 7 night cruise after drydock last time and it was overall good. Don't worry about it. Check out Nenner1's trip report from your cruise meet for more details.:thumbsup2

lbgraves
03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
The drydock before this 2008 one as well as the Wonder's last drydock, the spa's renovations were still being completed for a couple weeks and was not accesible as well as construction noise being present. They just can't possibly complete everything they want to do in drydock so it can be expected that something will be worked on for a short time after a ship returns.

pperfectmom
03-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey there.

I'm on your cruise. You most likely won't notice any problems after drydock. What happened last time is that they added on an extra 3 night cruise and cut the drydock short. They were still finishing up their work during the 3 nighter. By the time the next 7 nighter came around the ship was pretty much in good shape.

We were on the 1st 7 night cruise after drydock last time and it was overall good. Don't worry about it. Check out Nenner1's trip report from your cruise meet for more details.:thumbsup2

Thanks. I tend to get fixated on a little something I heard somewhere:lmao: and then worry about it. I think I'll save my worry for something else.