PDA

View Full Version : rebooking deposit

astempel
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
We are taking our first cruise in May. If we like it, we are planning to rebook while onboard. Do we have to pay the $200/pp deposit at the time of booking? Also, can we get any incentives that they are offering plus any that DU is offering if I switch to them when we return home? I am still new to all of this, so I am trying to determine what to do exactly.

kcashner
03-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes, if you rebook on board you pay the deposit for each person that you book. You will get whatever the incentives are for the cruise/category that you book. In addition, if you name a TA at the time of booking you will get whatever incentives that TA may be offering. The incentives may decrease if you transfer later (and some TAs may not accept later transfers) as the commission DCL pays for transferred ressies has decreased.

It's a good idea to explore your TA options before sailing to maximize your benefits and their commissions. Remember that service can be more than on onboard credit.

cinmouse
03-16-2009, 04:38 PM
okay, I have already seen a bunch on posts on this topic...but since right now one of the options at the DCL website id offering 1/2 off deposit...do you think they will offer that on the boat?

westjones
03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
We just rebooked while on the Wonder last week and we only had to give $100 per person for the deposit.

cinmouse
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks

cakesnjammom
03-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I know $100/pp deposit was a promo...any idea how long that lasts?

tay72699
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
If you rebook onboard, do you have to rebook for the same # people. There will be four of us on this time, but only three of us next time -- can we rebook for any # of people, more or less?

westjones
03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
If you rebook onboard, do you have to rebook for the same # people. There will be four of us on this time, but only three of us next time -- can we rebook for any # of people, more or less?

I am sure you can book less (the family we traveled with did that...they were 4 when we all went two years ago and this time they were 3), but I don't know if they would let you book more at the discounted rate...maybe they would let you book 4 at the discount and then the rest at a regular rate.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
They'll let you book however many you want- however many ROOMS you want- the only limit on rooms is how many people in your party (including children).
We didn't find this out until we rebooked onboard again while on the 2nd cruise! We were able to rebook up to 5 rooms (since we have us 2 plus 3 kids) and put however many in the rooms that we wanted. We could put all 5 of us in the room (if we'd booked 5 cat 4's ofcourse since that's all that will fit 5 ppl besides the suites) or any number in any rooms. We decided to rebook 5 rooms in the configuration we'd be cruising anyway (2 in one room, 3 in another x2 then the extra we just put 2 in it to save on the deposit we'd have to pay). If I wanted to make any of those 5 rooms with more people- like say 4 in each (or 5 in each if cat 4) - I could. But I'd have to pay the deposit for each person and name names (ie: if I wanted to book 5 rooms at 4/5 in each room so like maybe take my sister and her family for instance- I'd just have to put "on paper" one of us adults in each room then it didn't matter who else made up the rest of the ppl in the rooms but I had to give their names- I couldn't just make the ressie without names for the others in the room- subject to change later on everyone but the one person in each room that was either me or husband but no guarantees if they'd have room if I like changed adult names to children because of the clubs. That is how it was explained to me. I decided instead of making the ressies with sister/her family's names- I'd just make our rooms like we'd most likely use them)

So anyway point is we have 5 in our family, had 2 rooms (on all our cruises so far) but found out on the last cruise that when rebooking we could book a room pp (up to the amt of 5 we had in our family)- even including children and put whoever/however in the rooms as long as we named them and as long as atleast on paper one of us adults was in each room.... and pay deposit pp in each room.

queenof2princesses
03-17-2009, 06:51 AM
WOW BBB:goodvibes that was a very good explanation!! OK so how great are those discounts? Is it a percentage? Better for certain times of year, or for length of cruise? and thanks astempel for asking. I have always wandered this, since my upcoming 7 nt is with mom and kids, and I want to rebook for DH and kids;)

kcashner
03-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Any discount available on land will be available on the ship (like the 50% deposit deal). As to how long it will last--you never know. DCL could decide that it will expire tomorrow....or in 5 years!

I'm one of those "on the safe side" people. I'd come prepared to pay the full deposit and if they only needed half, I'd consider that great.

mickeys girl 52
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
This may sound like a silly question. But when you re-book on the cruise do you have to no the exact dates you want to return. so you can check with other family members,

I am not going again until Jan 10, does anyone no when the dates for the new ships will be released. Thanks in advance. That is the next cruise I am looking forward to booking:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

kcashner
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
When you rebook on board, you do need to specify a date. However, you can change that date as long as you are not within the penalty period. Many people set up "dummy" reservations--knowing they probably won't be able to sail that date, but wanting to book something so that they can move it and keep the rebooking benefits. IF you plan to transfer to a TA, it is in your and their best interest to know their name/phone number at the time you sail. That way, they get the maximum commission and can give you the maximum OBC.

No one knows for sure when the sailing dates for the first of the new ships will be released. It is thought to be November, but keep checking in here!

jhoshowski
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
If I book a cabin, and want to add someone else later, will I get the 10% off their fare, too?
I understand about occupancy, and the kids clubs filling up, and all that. Just curious as to if I will get the discount on people added to the cabin.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
WOW BBB:goodvibes that was a very good explanation!! OK so how great are those discounts? Is it a percentage? Better for certain times of year, or for length of cruise? and thanks astempel for asking. I have always wandered this, since my upcoming 7 nt is with mom and kids, and I want to rebook for DH and kids;)
You're welcome!
well right now the discount is 10%- but I believe someone posted about some cruises in 2010 the rebooking onboard discount is 20%? (although I think that's for the med cruises which are more expensive anyway)

The OBC is in relation to the length of stay on the cruise you rebook onboard- I don't know the exact amounts because I've never booked or rebooked onboard the shorter cruises- but for 7nt cruises it's $200 per stateroom onboard credit.

I do not know about the discount on the fare of someone added at a later date. I would assume not since it wasn't rebooked (them in that room) onboard and/or that they'd have to pay the price of the fare that it was at the time they were booked into the room if the price has gone up- but I'm not certain about that since I've never done that myself.