PDA

View Full Version : UK DIS member round-up

UKDEB
06-02-2002, 05:12 AM
We have a lot of new members, so I thought it was time for a 'get to know you thread'.

I'm Debbie (no prizes for guessing that!) married to Matt, and we have two daughters, Georgina (George) 17, and Harriet (Hat) 14. I was 40 last July, Matt was 30 this April. Lucky me! Or lucky him, I guess, depending on how you look at it! Needless to say, Matt is Step Dad to G and H.

We have 3 cats - Buttons, Annie and Molsen (mmmm bee-er!). Not sure which I'd rather get rid of quicker - the cats or the teen daughters.............:rolleyes:

Matt and I are both Bank Managers (interesting conversations in our house!). We're keen Formula 1 fans and usually get to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix weekend.

We've been visiting Orlando for 10 years now and our trip this October will be our 7th. We invariably visit with either our best friends - that's who we'll be with this October - or my brother and his wife. My brother and s-i-l claim to hate Orlando, but they always seem to tag along with us. They've been 4 times now, which seems about 3 times too many for people who reckon they can't stand the place! A fact I feel compelled to point out to them periodically..............

I've been a member of the DIS since July, 2000. I initially found the US boards using a search engine and was directed to the UK DIS by our Janice. I had notched up about 2500 posts when our beloved boards crashed, but I am happy to be resident here in our new home.

<font color=blue><font size=4>So come on everyone ~ members old and new ~ post away with your potted bios, so we can all get to know one another</font></font> :D :D :D

KayleeUK
06-02-2002, 05:51 AM
Hi

I am Kaylee aged 28 and my DH is Alan aged 30. I have been a member of the Dis since October 1999. We have 3 kitties - Buzz, Milly and Simba all aged 5 :D

We have visited DLP a few times and our first trip to WDW was in October 2000 for our Wedding and Honeymoon. We got married at Disney's Polynesian Resort. We loved WDW so much on our last day we brought points in Disney Vacation Club (DVC) at The Boardwalk Villa's (BWV). We are off again this year our first stay at BWV on October 24th and I am also planning our trip next year to make good use of those Annual Passes.

I don't know what I would do without the Dis :D

Kaylee

Mrs Dazzle
06-02-2002, 06:22 AM
:wave: Hi, I'm Annie, 41, ex-Londoner living down in the beautiful New Forest coastal village of Milford on Sea, right opposite the Isle of Wight. Darryl (42) is the hubbie who puts up with me and our daughter Katie (9, going on 19). I'm a soon to be redundant Public Relations Manager in the financial services industry in Bournemouth and Darryl's a Regional Account Manager for large wholesale Xmas and gardening furniture company!

We too have three cats - brother and sister Charlie and George, 13 this year, (yep, DH is Arsenal fan) and little Felix who "adopted" us about 18 months ago . . . and who's just celebrated his 3rd birthday. He is the most affectionate cat I've ever met, particularly as he lived wild in our garden for six months before he accepted us. DD also have two piggy pogs (guinea pigs) - Tilly and Splodge. Complete waste of time in my book because all they do is squeak and eat!

However, we have a host of other critters living in our garden - ducks who visit twice a day, foxes, badgers and Mr & Mrs Pheasant who are currently nesting.

I first visited Florida back in 1982 - it was a belated 21st pressie from my brother's then girlfriend as WDW was somewhere I had always wanted to go (I am THE no. 1 Pooh fan, you see). However, what started as a cheapo quick fix weekend courtesy of her company (formerly Air Florida) in reality turned into nearly four weeks of touring Florida bliss - and yep, I've stll got the photo of me cuddling Pooh. During my first visit to MK I decided if I ever had children they had to come here to experience the magic first hand.

Fortunately we made our first trip as a family in 1999 (at this point with MIL tagging along, but that's another story

:rolleyes:) and have been bacxk every year since for our "holiday of a lifetime":D . This year we're going in October for best part of three weeks, Orlando then Naples and the Keys.

My DH - Dazzle on the boards - first joined DIS in June 2001, but hasn't had the opportunity to log back on since the crash . . . because I'm always on!

I too am mad about Formula 1, following it avidly since 1973. I can still remember by first British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch as if it was yesteday. Sadly I am very frustrated at the way the lack of proper racing the last year or so is damaging the sport I love.

That's us folks :Pinkbounc

Sue F UK
06-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Well, I seem to remember having done this before......

So here goes: I am Sue (obviously) married to Jorge for 10 years and we have a 6 year old daughter called Rebecca. A right little madam is a polite way to describe her! We own and run a Hotel in Stockport near Manchester. A time consuming business but great fun.

We first visited Disneyland, California on our honeymoon in '92 and then saved like mad to see the 'World' - finally going in Feb '94. Rebecca came along and scuppered our plans for visits '95-'98 but we have rallied with 7 trips since then - finally taking the plunge this year and buying our own Villa.

Discovered the boards when I bought Simons excellent book for my mother last Xmas (for her first trip in Feb) Been addicted ever since!

Hello to all the new members - lets find out about you....

Beth__WDW23/6/02
06-02-2002, 12:48 PM
I'm Beth,20,will be 21 in july,I'm a stay at home mum to my daughter Chelsea-Marie who is 2 and half years old.
I'm engaged to Martin,whos 24,we run a car valeting business,we live in our little home (well little is cosy hehe),nr manchester,which we also share with our chowchow YogiBear.

We are due to go on our first ever trip to america, and first ever plane journey for my partner and daughter so we are so looking forward too it lol, we are going to orlando,then onto st petes,naples and miami, over a 2week period,everything is sorted near enough,we are just waiting to go, i discovered the board a few months ago when Bev S mentioned them,and ive been a member ever since,ive learnt so many things from the people off here its amazing,im glad im sharing our first ever trip with you all.:bounce:

Well thats it about me,
Hello to all the new members,you'll love it here ;)

Beth & Co

Ohpair
06-02-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm Katy (24) married to Anthony (25). Ant works as a manager for a large supermarket chain and I'm a kept woman!!. I'm pregnant with our first child due in September, on my birthday of all days!, this will be a honeymoon baby as we have only been married 6 months. We live in Colchester in Essex and have lived together for 4 years now.

We last went to Orlando last September my 3rd trip Ants first. Bit of a bad time to go but no one could have predicted that. I'm about to write up my trip reports - bit late I know but It will give me something to do before the baby is born.

Don't think we will get to Florida for a few years but have asked my parents to pencil it in for September 2006 and maybe do France before hand in 2004 - nothing quite like planning ahead!! :D

Katy
There are a few pictures of us in disney at :- www.katyjane.co.uk

shooter364
06-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Hi all,

I'm Bill, one of the odd Yanks that tends to post here in the UK section. Why? Becuase I have a wee soft spot in my heart for Great Britain. I suppose that is because I have visited the UK a few tiumes and because my wife is also quite an anglophile, having lived and studied in the UK for 8 years, once upon a time.

We live in Virginia, about 30 miles south of Washington, DC, where we both work. Susan is a Diplomatic Historian, and I am a firearms instructor for a federal law enforcement agencies (I know, I know... we mad Yanks with our guns).

We have a daughter called Olivia who will be four years old in November, and a retired racing Greyhound called Duncan.

Cheers,

Duncan.

tracymiami
06-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Hi all

My name is Tracy and I am 29, 30 next month :( super gutted.

Anyway I live with my boyfriend Martin and we have been together for 4 years we met on holiday in Lanzorote. I am from sunny old Gravesend in Kent and Martin is from Leeds.

Work as a Desk Top Publisher......

Discovered the Dis through Simon after reading his wonderful book and getting in touch with him and he pointed me in the direction of the boards about a year ago.

I have been to Orlando twice now first time back in 96' and really loved it and managed to get round Mart last year starting with 2 weeks and talked him into a 3rd week, very crafty so we went for 3 weeks last september which was amazing. Timing was not great but still had a wonderful time. Considering we were not going to go until we get married I thought that was pretty good:) Also been to Miami which was pretty cool.

He loved it just as much as me and unfortuntely we can't afford to go back this year so we are settling for Cyprus but trying to sort out another trip again for next year so staring to plan even though it is not definate that we are even going:D

My fave things are, Orlando (obviously) especially the mad rides, holidays, shopping, movies, eating out, clubbing, surfing the net and chatting:p

Anyway there is a little bit about myself. Love the boards so much was gutted when the last one died, eveyone has been so helpful and it makes the planning process a big part of the holiday :D Also use the DIBB (am i allowed to say that)!!!

Will let you all know as soon as I have booked and am still writing up a trip report. Planning to do a web site with report, photos and movie files, watch this space..... ;) but blink at the rate i am going it will take another year :(

Anway that is me thanks to you all

Hugs

T

96' - Quality Inn International - Orlando
97' - Thunderbird - Miami
01- Rodeway Inn - Orlando
03' - still hoping a praying to go again (see ya)

Leeds Utd Fan
06-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Well I will re-introduce myself as I have not been on the boards for ages.
I am Chris have been married to Val for 17 years, [ I was twelve when I got married!!] we have two boys Scott 13 and Glenn 9.

We are going to Orlando for the 5th time in November/December this year [92,95,97,99], we will be staying at ASMo for three weeks.

I have been away from the boards too long, one of the reasons is because I have been working in the USA on and off since March, not Orlando but NYS and Chicago. I have 6 weeks at home then go back again every six weeks. I am popular at home with the boys as they are making me spend a fortune on clothes and presents for them. Well at least that cuts down shopping while on vacation, Janice will be proud of me as I am an expert shopper now in American malls.

susie2
06-04-2002, 06:03 AM
hi everyone my name is sue, partner neil two boys alex and josh aged 9 10 if they make it through the half term holidays!! we are going to wdw in october, staying at the shereton shafari from 1 october till 19 october, this will be are third trip we went in april 97 for 25 aniversary, september 2000 we also found out that septembers not a very good time to go. we live in wallasey which is across the river from liverpool, we both work for asda which i enjoy neil not so sure, we have just got our tickets for mnsshp and are really looking forward to going to that, we are also waiting for the space shuttle tickets to go on sale, as we found out through internet there is a launch while we are in orlando, realy glad i found the dis board found out a lot from it. bye for now susie2:jester:

TraceyL
06-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Hello - again

I'm Tracey, 30 something housewife from Wales. Married to Steve with 2 DDs (5 & 1).

Been registered here for ever - or so it seems. Stumbled across the site whilst planning our 2000 trip and never went away again - apart from the UK DIs boards.

First trip to WDW was in 92 witha girl friend - two single girls and a red convertible - in the middle of Hurricane Andrew. Flew home to the news that I was starting a new job - first port of call straight back to the USA and to Florida :D Thank you Royal Navy.

My next 2 trips were with my DH-to-be (Hol Inn Maingate West & Westgate Lakes) and we just loved it so much that our next trip we got married there in 95 @ Sheraton Lakeside.

Have been twice since with DD1 staying onsite @ CBR then ASMo - the most recent time I found out I was pregnant on site with DD2.

Waiting now to start planning our next trip in December next year - with DD2 properly this time :Pinkbounc

Muppet
06-06-2002, 06:49 AM
I'm Shelley 27 years old and Dh Nic is 31. I work for Nic in his computer company as the Accounts manager.(hen I actually do work. On the weekends I work in my mums video library so no days off for me.

We have been to Orlando 4 times and are going back both this Christmas and next Christmas. Don't get excited as we do do 3-4 days work out there with another company we ahve in diagnostic(yawn)software and hardware. Hopefully going to New York soon to see our other line of business of anti-virus software.

So as you can see we lead hetic and exciting lives!!!

Roll on Christmas.

Fantasia Sam
06-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Here we go again .......

Well I'm Sam, short for Samantha, and have been registered on the boards since some time in 2000 (look to your left!)

I'm 33 years old and live with my boyfriend Paul (43 but he doesn't look it) in Barking, Essex. Paul currently works for an IT Training Company whilst I sit around the house all day, yes a lady of leisure whilst I take a career break from the field of Human Resources.

I first went to Orlando in 1996 and stayed at the Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive I loved the place and have been going back there whenever possible. Subsequently staying at the Holiday Inn International twice and the QIP for a second time.

This year was my first year staying on site and we stayed at the Yacht Club which has always been my favourite dream hotel to stay in.

I love this site so much I've bitten the bullet and decided to go to DisCon 2002 on my own which is a little daunting but I'm sooo looking forward to it.

Can I just also say that I have made some really good friends here and life just wouldn't be the same without you (you know who you all are!)

My favourite Disney Character is the Hippo from Fantasia and I have heard tell that your favourite character can be known to reflect your own good looks;)

I really love food and my aim is to have eaten in every restaurant in WDW... I've a long way to go I'm sad to say coz I keep going back to my favourite restaurants:D

lenny l
06-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone!
My names Lenny (surprise!), I'm 34. My wifes called Leanda & she'd kill me if I mentioned her age (even though she's younger!). Three cats, Blackie, Ginger & Gilbie. No kids, luckily! Only just found these boards a couple of days ago & have spent two days reading everthing I can find. And people have already posted replies to my questions! Amazing. I did know about the site before, been reading Simons books since 99 & buy a new one every year, but couldn't be bothered with the amount of time the internet took. Now I have broadband so I can just read this all day!
Only been to Orlando once in 99. Was blown away, but also a bit terrified. It was all so huge & mind blowing. Spent most of our time wandering around with our mouths open feeling confused & bewildered. Need to go back again to appreciate it properly. Was there when IOA opened & hate to offend any disney nutters, but it was my fave! Just the theming took my breath away.
We are going back in May next year. Till then, will kepp picking up everyones tips!
See Ya!
Oh & by the way, this may be a bit too sad, but I've just drawn up our itinerary for next year!

UKDEB
06-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Lenny,

I know just what you mean about finding the whole thing unnerving- I felt exactly the same when we first went. And we've always loved Universal Studios, but since the arrival of IoA, CityWalk and the resort hotels, it is easily a match for WDW in my book.

And don't worry about being 'sad' because you've already got your itinerary drawn up - you're amongst friends here! In fact, we'd think you were a little odd if you hadn't done it! ;)

scott.campbell
06-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I'm Scott (31) married to Karen with a 4 year old son Grant.

Tend to mainly use the main disboards but I intend to change that. We both work for BP here in Scotland.

We travel to Florida most years and have been DVC owners at the Boardwalk and Vero Beach for a few years now. Our next visit is on the 3rd of July where we are going on the 3 night Disney cruise followed by a few nights at Vero and a week at the Boardwalk.

WebmasterPenny
06-14-2002, 06:40 AM
Well, here I go!

My name is Penny, I am *cough cough cough* 33 years old, I live with my boyfriend of 11 years Simon in London. I work in a Magazine Publisher as a typesetter of the small adverts at the back...hmmmm, flashy magazines I might work on, but the bit I do certainly ain't flashy, LOL.

I have been once to Disneyland California (1996), twice to Disneyland Paris (2000 & 2001), and six times to WDW (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 (x2), 2002) and have a trip booked for August (and a Disney cruise, woohoo!), and hopefully another short trip in December too if I can get a cheap flight. I bought into the DVC May last year which I just love!

I've been on the boards about 2 1/2 years or so, and been a Moderator for a year and a bit - my only regret is that I didn't find the boards until after I'd already had TWO trips to Orlando :rolleyes:

Penny :D

Banzai
06-14-2002, 11:06 PM
I'm Brad! I am 15 years old, and live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA (lucky me :rolleyes: ). I don't have any kids (thank goodness :rolleyes:, but have a pet dog, Patches (Sheltie, 6 months old). I am a student at Hampton High School, and I am going into 10th grade (so like my first year at collage for those of you in the UK, or so PigSoldier tried to explain :jester: ). I do work at a McDonalds, but only part time, for spending money, Disney Dollars, Car Insuracnce, and a car *hope*.

I started to DIS in September of 2000 and found the UK boards in December of 2001. I have been to Disney World four times, and am going again 9/8 - 23/8 this year.

PigSoldier
06-19-2002, 05:04 AM
Hi everyone!! :D

I'm Suzi (the great explainer of the British school system :D ), 17, from London.

I'm going into my second year at college, studying music, philosophy and maths, and hopefully I'll be at Surrey University after that, doing music.

I've been to WDW twice, and I'm going to DLP for the 4th time this July, staying at Sequoia Lodge.

I love all the animated films, and I've got huge obsessions with Sleeping Beauty and Fantasia.

Its been nice 'meeting' you all,

Suzi
:)

Edayy
06-19-2002, 07:12 AM
Hello

I am Eda 25 and have been married to Dh for 5 years and he is 33 we are expecting or first baby in January. We both work together for an online sportbook which we are partners in.

I have been to WDW 2 times, Disneyland once and Disneylandparis Once. Our last trip was at Christmas 2000 which was DH first trip and he loved it. We have now taken to cruising also and we are going on our second cruise this summer we are hoping to do a Disney cruise once the baby is born!!!

I have been on these boards for about two years now and just love spending my spare time here because i have made some great friends.

Eda

UKANGEL
06-19-2002, 11:16 AM
ok I'll play!:D

Angel here, just going through a bit of a change at home having split from husband and embarking on a new life with fellow DIS/DIBB-er, Mark (Chunkster20uk):sunny:

Like Deb, I'm 40 and MArk's 30, I have a DD Becky who's 14 and a typical teenager (eek!)

I manage the Borough Libraries which is not as boring as it sounds (honest!);)

I've been on the DIS for 18 months, although I've lost all my posts again as I cant remember my password....did I tell you Im very scatty??

I love Disney and Mark and I are hoping to take Becky there some day soon together. Also love films, music books (of course) shopping and chocolate!!!

Nice to be back! Hi everyone!
:Pinkbounc

Pete the DISney nut
06-20-2002, 01:49 AM
Hi to all, and hope this morning finds you all in the best of spirits,

I am Pete (a very young 34 year old, although you may not think so when you see how many grey hairs I have LOL) and I lkive in Cramlington in the NE of England with my better half, Tracy (33).

We have been together now 81/2 years and we are both certified nutcases when it comes to Disney (hence my signing in name) and I have been a member for I think a year and a half now.

We went for our first trip the March of 2001 and our second trip was in March 2002 - one week later thie second time around.

We are both involved in Amateur Dramatics and this takes up quite a lot of our time; any spare time we do have is taken up with work - we both work for two of THE most unpopular companies; I work for BT and Tracy works for the IR. So you can imagine the grief we get from time to time in our working day.

Never mind, someone has to do it - plus they help us get to Florida so it is a small price to pay.

That is enough from me so I will say my farewells and just say again it is lovely to be here.

Have a tremendous day, everybody

Pete and Tracy

SMAX
06-20-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi my name is Simon, I have been married for 15 year to my wife Theresly and have 2 daughters, Lauren who is 9 and Natasha who is 6.

We have been to WDW 4 times (3 times with kids) and DLP twice.

We are planing another WDW trip in March/April 2003

Simon.

AlisonB
06-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Hi I'm Alison, 36 married to Shaun aka BONZO with 2 DDs Alexandra 8 and Laura 7. I work part time for a local NHS trust in the IT department.

Been to WDW 5 times and DLP once...and hope to go back Easter 2004.

Amazing-grace
06-21-2002, 03:53 AM
Me now.............
My name is Sam, 39 and holding:rolleyes: married to DH Tony, 52 (I keep him young!) :p
3 sons, Mike 17, Marc 15, Jordan 11
1 daughter Holly, 9.
Living in Gloucester UK
Going back to Orlando in October

Pleased to be here.............. :bounce:

kazzie
06-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I'm Karen and was 40 last year (OK 41 this year!)

Have three teens,DS's age 12 and 17 and DD age 15. Have been married 16 years this year and together 19!

I work P/T in a FE at TC which I hate and am leaving in 3 months.I will be going to work P/T in the primary school my children attended as a classroom assistant.

We are going to Orlando this October,it will be our 5th trip.After this it will be October 2004:(

Have made some true and real friends on DIS,many I've been lucky enough to meet.

What a relief to be able to tell DH I might be mad (and sad!) but I'm not alone.........for this I thank you all;)

panpant
06-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Great, another excuse to talk about myself (blushes here).

I'm Greg, 34 now and work for the Govt in I.T, well it keeps me busy between visiting places fixing things and constantly re-designing web sites...

Live with my Dad, he loves Florida as much as me if not more so, he adores the sun.

Been to Florida about 9 times in the past 10 years and to California once.

Single but still looking, you never know...

Found the site by accident but since then have bought Simons latest book, even after so many years, still find lots of stuff to do.

Ciao

Greg

:cool:

Wexford
06-24-2002, 06:35 AM
Hi i havent been on these boards for ages.

Im Tracey 28 and am married to Max 30. We have been to WDW once last year for our honeymoon and absolutely fell in love with the place.

No kids just two cats Wexford(hence the user name) and Baileys who are 6 year old tabbys and brother and sister.

I am in desperate need of a Disney fix, but Max is starting up his own business this year so WDW is unaffordable at the mo.

So to get my fix im taking my 7 year old niece to DLP in september staying at Sequia Lodge.

Im mad on Pooh Bear and all his friends and collect snowglobes especially Disney ones.

Oh i forgott im an Accountant and Max is a Graphic Designer and qualified level 3 squash coach.

We live here in Suffolk right by the sea.
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

drennan
06-24-2002, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is sharon, I live in Coventry, I'm 32 years young (for 1 more week), and work as an Office Manager for a secuirty company, I only became a member last week when a friend gave me your address site, seeing as we are both going with our families in October we thought it would be a good idea to have a look at different sites and I'm hooked on this one, spent 6 hours on Thursday last week printing different things off.

My DH is Stephen who is 34 and we have 2 sons Billy who is 9 and Jack who is 17 months and a complete and utter nutter, he looks like his dad but for his sins he must have my personallity, mad as a hatter and twice as daring.
I have been to WDW on 3 previous occassions, August 1997 was my first for our honeymoon, which I must state I did not want to go to Florida but I have been hooked since I seen the MK Castle (just a big kid at heart) then because we never took Billy on honeymoon with us I felt guilty and so we returned February 1998 staying at the Caribean Beach Hotel, then again in June 1999.

Unfortunately we haven't been since then, having a baby kept me occupied , but everything is booked for October this year. We are staying at Southern Dunes Villa Complex for a change and I cannot wait, not looking forward to flight seeing as we have to stop at Atlanta first and then onto Orlando but as long as we get there in one piece who cares.

Have Fun !!!!

Tabbycat
06-24-2002, 08:01 PM
l am Margie 44 married to Frankie my toy boy DH who is 42 and we have been married for 20 years+75 days :D

We have Three Children Daniel who is 18 in August , Emma 15 and David 12.

We are all looking forward to our second trip to Dis in April 2003:D :D :D :D :D :D

WebmasterPenny
08-28-2002, 10:56 AM
:bounce: bump :bounce:

Seen a few new faces recently who might be interested in posting or reading this :)

Penny :)

FiFi
08-28-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi! I'm Fiona (35) originally from Nottingham married to DH (who just happens to work with SimonV ;)) for 15 years and have 2 sons (aka 'the Herberts') 7 & 4.

First went to DL in 1986 when my b/f (now DH ;) ) surprised me by proposing. Since then have been back to DL in 1996 as part of a Superbowl trip (yeehaw Cowboys!), WDW 4 times, DLP 2 times and finally managed to get to Tokyo Disneyland this year as part of our World Cup holiday!

DH got me hooked on the USA so we have made it one of our targets to visit all 50 States. So far managed 46 - only have Oregon, Washington State, Hawaii and Alaska to go which we will hopefully do in the next couple of years. We always try to go and see a couple of American football or Baseball games whilst we are out there as I'm a Cowboys and Bronco's fans and DH is a Green Bay Packers and Steelers fan. We also support the Texas Longhorns as a college team. We both have a soft spot for the Boston Red Sox as Fenway Park was the first Baseball experience for both of us.

Given half the chance we would buy a property out in there - probably in Austin, Tx and spend 6 months of the year chilling out. Roll on retirement!!!

Managed to go to the Essex meet last year where I met a few more DIS buddies!

Hoping to get back to WDW in 2004. Then I guess it will have to be the new Disney park in Hong Kong a few years after that!
But I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze the odd trip or two to DLP in the meantime ;)

Bye Y'awll!

Pooh Widower
08-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi Y'all,

My name is Paul (46)........married to DW Helen (Pooh-Stick, when I can get her to post).......Helen is a Pooh Nutterhttp://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/otn/funny/fruit.gif I made the mistake of asking her many years ago not to buy cheap ornaments....then along came Pooh.....boy, am I regreting saying thathttp://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/otn/other/ring-inc.gif

I work in IT at a rather (in)famous building in Swanwick, near Southampton. Quite closely attached to the Holiday Industry.....Any wiser yet??....

Helen(41) is a....(better get this right).....Senior Operating Department Practitioner in a Portsmouth hospital.

We have been married 12 years this 01/09....we both love the US...as well as Florida we have driven around California and Nevada (2000) and we celebrated DW's 40th July 2001 in NYNY

My second fav place in the US after Florida is the BIG KIDS playground....Vegas.

I better not forget to mention the Master of our House, Elwood. He is a black and white moggy who is the spitting image of "Felix" the cat food moggy. He was named after one of the "Blue's Brothers" he used to have a brother "Jake", unfortunately he is no longer with us.

I have to say that this Board has certainly got a wealth of Knowledge within it and its members. I've been involved with other boards, not Disney related, and they have all tended to end up in slanging matches. This board is certainly a breath of fresh air.

3 days to go YYYEEEAAA...

Have a great day,

Paul :cool:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
08-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Hello ;)

I'm Beth, (21),Engaged to Martin who is 24,we have a little girl Chelsea-Marie who is 3, + 2 new additons Bob and Wendy (off bob the builder) they are fishys! lol + a chowchow called yogibear!

We run a car valeting business,and we live nr manchester.

I found the site through someone off another site,and ive never looked back,everyone on here is so helpful and i cant believe how you all know so much! lol im such a learner! :rolleyes:

We went on our first ever trip to america (orlando) on the 23rd june!, we did a fly drive (but with prebooked hotels),and we went to orlando,st petes,and naples and miami...we had a fab time and we all want to go back so much,even DD who keeps asking "when is the plane picking us up mummy" "can we go back to mick mick land" lol so we will soon go back,i am twisting dp;s arm to go back at xmas! so u never know! ;)

Well thats it about is :p

Beth,& Family :jester:

GO2209
08-29-2002, 04:03 AM
My turn? Well, my name is Graeme - living (existing?) in the North West, in what was a very nice bachelor pad until the GF moved in! Soon to be 29, I am the IT Director for a publishing house. Hobbies and interests - films, books, cooking, anything travel related, Disney, horse riding...

First visited Disney World in 1985, and have returned to Florida well over a dozen times since.

Next trip is at the end of September and if all goes to plan I will be staying at DLP over Christmas.

babybelle
08-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Hi

I am Sarah and I am fast approaching 32, I live with my partner of 11 years Gerry (39) and we have 3 kids Gerard (7), Sarah-Louise (4) and Sophie (2).

I work as a public relations officer for an authority which deals with most school,college and vocational qualifications in Scotland. Gerry is about to retrain to become a stonemason - once he qualifies in two years time we hope to move to the states as there is a great demand for sonemasons there. (My brother is just waiting for final go ahead with visa so he can move to Albany, NY but it has taken around about 1 year so far)

Gerry first visited Disney the year before we met and since then we have been four times. Our next visit is June 2003, then after that we are currently arguing (for 2004) whether to visit Disneyland, Ca (one week in Anaheim & one week in San Diego) or to spend 3 weeks at an onsite in Florida and just do Disney (we normally visit the Universal/Busch parks).

Whichever choice we hope to (finally) get married when we are there

Mad4WDW
08-29-2002, 06:02 AM
Hi everyone,

My name's Paul. I'm 36 (but would look about 26 if the grey hair didnt keep appearing!), and I live int he beautiful, scenic hamlet of Dagenham in Essex (sarcasm mode now off), right now I'm between jobs :(. I'm a self confessed pc geek, and will be hopefully taking a certified course soon. sad when it doesnt matter what you know, and a piece of paper could beat you to a new position.

I first went to WDW in 1989. We stayed a week at the Delta court of flags and a week in Fort Lauderdale. Thankfully that was then...now 7 days is just impossible in Orlando. Went with my father then, before he passed away a few years ago, and we both fell in love with Orlando, and began our regular trips.

I'm single and these days holiday over there with my sister and her husband, who also adore the place.

Now I'm just waiting til I win the lottery so I can buy a nice place over there!

Paul

2 Point
08-29-2002, 07:51 AM
Hi, my name's Graham, aged 34. Married to Paula (35) for five years, we have a daughter, Charlotte(2), and I have a son Sam(15), from my previous marriage.

We are both from the Midlands, Bedworth for me and Lichfield for Paula. I work as an IT consultant, presently on contract with BSkyB in Scotland. I will be crossing over to be a BSkyB employee at some point as we enjoy living up here so much.

Our first visit, in March 1999, was booked 3 days before we left, all the information we needed was in Simon's book. Totally hooked so we all booked for Xmas 2000 in Jan 2000. Started visiting the UKDIS shortly after booking and saved thanks to all on both sites. We've just moved house so we were consolidating for a while, but we've decided we can hold out no longer and have set Sept 2003 as our next trip. MIL and FIL have been with us on both trips, firstly in the Howard Johnson Hawiian Court, then in the Omni Rosen. The next trip will be in a villa for 3 weeks, 2 weeks for all followed by a week by ourselves.

floridalol
08-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Lol (Laurence) and am married to Maggie, both 45, we have a daughter Holly (17). Maggie is a nurse and I own a company selling vintage comics, trading cards and movie memorabilia. We've been going to Florida since 1987 and return again for the 7th time on November 3rd (can't come soon enough!). We've also been to New England and Texas but it's Florida that we keep returning to!

raksha2
08-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Toni (32) married to DH Stephen (34) we live in SE London with 3 cats Kadfeal, Milo and FizzGig
We first went to WDW in Oct '99 for our first Wedding Aniversary (*** we counldn't manage it as a honeymoon)
I suprised the DH with a week in WDW for Oct '01 which was brillianat for the look on his face when we landed!
We started pin collecting in '99 but not many people were willing to trade then, the difference in '01 was amazing. We really enjoy pin trading but we both love halloween. Even more going on with IOA:HHN, BG:HOS and WDW:MNSSHP we are going to run out of time again!
We are planning out next trip in Oct '04 :( , But that will be our first trip on property:cool:
We are hoping to visit DLRP sometimes before xmas, but in the mean time we are busy planning a central london pin meet, which seems very popular

Regards to all

Toni & Steve
aka raksha & 626stitich

jjcollins
09-01-2002, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone jj + jules here. We live in Belfast Northern Ireland, We're DVC members since 1995 home Resort is OKW with an add on at Vero beach. We normally go to the States 1-2 a year. Our next Holiday is a 11 day Carribean cruise in Nov with Royal Carribean.....:D

jj..... :cool:

lisag1
09-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm Lisa, aged 34 married to Dave for 7.5 years. We're originally born and bred Scousers (Liverpool) but now live nr. Lichfield, Staffs with our 3 young children, Cameron 5, Elliot 4 and Adam 2. I'm a housewife and my other half is a Technical Director for an internet company. We all love Florida and have been 5 times so far but we also love NYC & Las Vegas. I especially love all the planning, shopping and eating (in that order ;) ) We'd love to have our own property in Orlando, that's if we ever win the lotto of course!!

Lisa

That's enough about me and over to.....

mkingdon
09-04-2002, 08:50 AM
I'm a newbie so hello to everyone here

I'm Craig (just turned 32) and I'm married to Louise (33) for seven years. Two daughters, Emily (7) and Rebecaa (5) who are Disney Princess obsessed. You should see their bedrooms!!!

One daft dog called Henry and a cat I "adore" (sarcasm is not clever but appropriate) called Marmalade. That's what happens when you let the kids decide the name of your cat!!

I'm an e-commerce manager for an IT company, Louise is a singer (how showbiz) and the kids are cute, loving, cheeky, hard work and expensive!!

I'm an absolute Disney obsessive. I first went when I was about 10 with my parents when we went to Miami and drove up for a couple of days.

Went a few more times with parents during teens and early twenties (hey, I know that's a bit sad, but they were paying!!), and took my family for the first time in 1999.

Louise could not understand my obsession or the "magic" until her first visit. Now she is almost as bad as I am, but not quite.

Went again in 2001 and stayed on site for the first time (ASMu), and loved it. Just booked again for next August, but in a villa this time. Private pool being the biggest draw and the fact that EE is gone!!

Ultimate ambition is to buy a DVC membership so Louise has no choice but to go to WDW EVERY YEAR!!!!!

Been reading these boards for ages and finally registered a few weeks ago. Already had loads of great tips and help (Thanks Debbie) and I'm here most lunch times.

Cheers

Craig:

UKDEB
09-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by mkingdon
Went a few more times with parents during teens and early twenties (hey, I know that's a bit sad, but they were paying!!)

Oh no! :( We've been hoping that we might get away with not taking ours after this year - they'll be 18 and 16 next year.

nativetxn
09-04-2002, 01:31 PM
I'm Katholyn. I live in Mid Michigan in the US. I'm married, with one grown son. My dh is severely Disney impaired so I make a lot of solo trips, which I love.

I am a cohost of UK chat every Sunday at 7pm UK time. I love UK chat. I hope to meet all of you there soon :)

Jennie4647
09-04-2002, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I'm Jennie. I'm 39 (yes the big 40 next June!). I am a widow, my hubby Neil died May 6th this year - that's why I have been off the boards for a while. We went to WDW Xmas/New Year 2001/2002 - so glad now that we did - great holiday. We booked to go again this October and happily my stepson Paul has agreed to come along in his dad's place - my kids are Robert 10 and Rachel 6.

I work in IT as a Desktop specialist in Bolton but live in Heywood near Bury. Originally from London, lived in Walton on Thames for 10 or so years before moving up North.

Love the boards and discussing everything Orlando - sad I know.

mkingdon
09-05-2002, 03:35 AM
Jennie,

It really is a small world. I won't sing it though!!

I live in Bolton and work in Bury!!!

Good to see you here:D

pauldents
09-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi,

First post on the UK community board, so here goes!

I'm Paul (30 ) originally from Liverpool, maried to Andrea (32). We met in Lanzarote in '98 and are now happily married, living in Chafford Hundred, Essex for the past 3 years. We also have a baby our first baby on the way. Only pets are a few marine fish and a Sony AIBO dog !

I run my own paintless dent removal company and Andrea is a Human resources manager for an IT company in London.

I first went to Florida in 1986 and our next holiday back there is in a couple of weeks (YEAH!!). This will be my 9th and Andreas 5th holiday to Orlando. We also spent part of our honeymoon in Orlando last September.

I found this excellent site/forum through a search engine a couple of years back.

Paul

WebmasterPenny
10-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Seen quite a few new faces on here recently, so thought I'd bump this to the top again :)

Might be interesting reading for our new friends...and hopefully they'll feel the urge to jump in and post a bit about themselves as well :)

pigby
10-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Hi I'm Sue,

Married to Phil and have a 8y.o. called Natalie. Live and work in Leigh(near Bolton)! Work in a bank now - used to work for Thomas Cook. My DH works in Bolton for the Council.

Only three and a bit days to go to DLP.

Sue

Tron[ADS]
10-16-2002, 08:26 AM
We are David and Nicola...
Once frequent visitors to Orlando and Disney, however then came the child and gone went the money.
We were going every year, at least once a year from about 1996, this kind of made up for some fertility issues we were having at the time, but then unexpectedly, along came Kathryn.
Our most recent visit was this year in May, with Kathryn 13 months old.....never again....Florida with a one year old who couldnt walk, but constantly wanted out of her stoller to crawl, is just a nightmare.
So we decided we would wait until she was 3 to go next time....and then Nicola fell pregnant again, so we are now due number 2 in April 2003, and therefore wont be visiting our "second home" until 2006....unless I can sneak a single pass to Jacksonville in Feb 2005 for the Superbowl.....not likely though.