PDA

View Full Version : What is the best food item you have had outside of the dining rooms?

seafarer71
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
What is the best food item you have had on a Disney ship outside of the dining room? I know I can't try everything, so I'm looking for help to narrow it down! Thanks!

4cogscruzin
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
paninis:thumbsup2

lbgraves
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Ditto...with some fresh fruit from Goofy's Galley. :)

Buckeye Gal
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Not sure I would say I have a favorite, but the few items that come to mind that I really really enjoy includes teh soft serve chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, seasoned grilled fish at Serenity Bay, and turkey legs on Pirate Night. YUMMO!

I have heard the wings at Diversions are awesome, but I haven't yet made it there to try them.

lbgraves
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Not sure I would say I have a favorite, but the few items that come to mind that I really really enjoy includes teh soft serve chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, seasoned grilled fish at Serenity Bay, and turkey legs on Pirate Night. YUMMO!

I have heard the wings at Diversions are awesome, but I haven't yet made it there to try them.

That is the best thing on CC!!! :love:

stlkeeler
03-15-2009, 06:38 PM

My DD got one the last afternoon when we were sitting by the pool. She offered me one bite and I ate the whole half! We were talking the other day about breakfasts and lunches. We really couldn't remember eating many of them. We ate every night in the restaurants and I think we had the buffet breakfast one day (awful - but this year I'm looking for the omlet station) and I had a hot dog one time (OK) I can't wait for May. I'm trying many new things and I'm getting many paninis! :thumbsup2

gydell
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Nachos and Mickey Bars!

donmil723
03-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Wings at Diversions
Steak sandwich from room service
Paninis, turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce, and salads with raspberry dressing from Goofy's Galley
Fruit dipped in chocolate at Midnight Dessert Buffet

mermster
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Chicken Fingers!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

perdidobay
03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
The fresh mango that they have at serenity bay on castaway cay:worship:

mmouse37
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM

Ditto!!!

MJ

scottie
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Count me in too for chicken fingers from deck 9!!!

aquamoptop
03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
So is all this stuff included in the price of the cruise just like the buffets and restaurants?? Is Palo the only food items that cost extra?? What about the cafes with coffee etc??

Is the food on Castaway Cay free as well. I saw pics right of the buffet on CC and it didnt seem like there was a place to pay. If its not free can anyone tell me what the cost of the buffet is??

Panini's sound amazing!!! How is the pizza....have only been on a Carnival cruise and the pizza was free but lousy....i mean grosser than pizza planet lousy!!! Thanks

golfcane
03-15-2009, 09:22 PM
So is all this stuff included in the price of the cruise just like the buffets and restaurants?? Is Palo the only food items that cost extra?? What about the cafes with coffee etc??

Is the food on Castaway Cay free as well. I saw pics right of the buffet on CC and it didnt seem like there was a place to pay. If its not free can anyone tell me what the cost of the buffet is??

Panini's sound amazing!!! How is the pizza....have only been on a Carnival cruise and the pizza was free but lousy....i mean grosser than pizza planet lousy!!! Thanks

All food is free. Adult Beverages, specialty coffee's, snacks at the movie theater and soft drinks from the bars are additional costs. There are drink packages from room service that also cost additional. Castaway Cay food is included.:banana:

MelissaE1
03-15-2009, 09:23 PM

As I was reading down the thread I couldn't believe it took someone so long to mention these. Best chicken tenders I have ever tasted! Mmmmm!

aquamoptop
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
All food is free. Adult Beverages, specialty coffee's, snacks at the movie theater and soft drinks from the bars are additional costs. There are drink packages from room service that also cost additional. Castaway Cay food is included.:banana:

Thank you! Is there free soda in the buffets and the restaurants??

lbgraves
03-15-2009, 10:05 PM
So Panini's sound amazing!!! How is the pizza....have only been on a Carnival cruise and the pizza was free but lousy....i mean grosser than pizza planet lousy!!! Thanks

The pizza isn't the best I have tasted but it is much better than Domino's. ;)

aquamoptop
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
The pizza isn't the best I have tasted but it is much better than Domino's. ;)

Well thats a plus then cause Dominos is the worst pizza IMO...worse than Pizza Planet, Carnival or Pizzafari. Sounds great then!

mindy327
03-15-2009, 10:17 PM
The Pizza is fantastic! I really enjoyed sitting out on the deck and enjoying a slice. (or two):rotfl2:

golfcane
03-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Thank you! Is there free soda in the buffets and the restaurants??

Yes and on Deck 9 aft there is a soda, coffee, milk self serve station open 24 hrs a day.

Mickeyhugger
03-15-2009, 11:06 PM

The pizza is pretty bad:scared1: if you are starving it fills the void at best. If you thought Carnivals pizza was bad,well this pizza hits a new low

Rob

LOLA2
03-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Nachos and Mickey Bars!

4 cruises and not once located nachos, where at?:rotfl2:

stevenpensacola
03-16-2009, 07:49 AM

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

don't you wish we could all go get one (or two or five) RIGHT NOW!!

ScouterJT
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM

I found them at Diversions on my last cruise

Warren Family
03-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Smoked salmon and all the trimmings!

Tooth Fairy
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Order from room service or take the galley tour and get them warm out of the oven. Best ever:)

kcashner
03-16-2009, 08:34 AM

Nachos in the night club areas before dinner time--Promenade lounge, Diversions. Mickey Bars in the dining rooms nightly or from room service 24/7.

tracyz
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Chocolate chip cookies from room service at bedtime, and the ribs at Cookies BBQ.:)

MagicMe
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Here's another vote for the chicken fingers.

I never really tried the pizza. However, they are open later than the other places and my oldest son made a point of picking up pizza from there every night and taking it back to the room. He loved it and can't wait for our next cruise.

imanazd
03-16-2009, 12:53 PM
These are awesome ideas guys...thank you so much...we leave Sunday and I can't wait!! Chicken fingers huh? They are my favorite, so I'm glad to know they are good on board!!

nobodycares
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Crepes from the Pirate Night buffet.

glindamood
03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Mickey bars - and the wraps from Goofy's Galley - and Mickey bars! Cove Cafe can also have some instesting sweet treats in the case that are there for the taking. But, those Mickey bars are my absolute favorite. YUMMY!

skohrs
03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Are the "sweet treats" at cove cafe included, or is there an extra charge? Do they ever have scones there (I know they have them at Palo's brunch)? My wife absolutely loves scones with her coffee.:hippie:

shoes99
03-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Are the "sweet treats" at cove cafe included, or is there an extra charge? Do they ever have scones there (I know they have them at Palo's brunch)? My wife absolutely loves scones with her coffee.:hippie:
The treats at Cofe Cafe are no extra charge. We usually hit the Cafe in the afternoon for eclairs, or once I found chocolate covered strawberries. There is something different every day. I've never found scones.

mrsklamc
03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
1.What's in the paninis?
2. is this chocolate cookie dough soft serve only available on CC, or is it on the ship too?

Avonlady1001
03-16-2009, 04:06 PM

My DH will be SO SO SO SO SO excited when I tell him this!! Please don't be joking! :lmao: Are the turkey legs on every cruise on Pirate Night??

mmouse37
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
These are awesome ideas guys...thank you so much...we leave Sunday and I can't wait!! Chicken fingers huh? They are my favorite, so I'm glad to know they are good on board!!

The chicken fingers are the kind they have at WDW. A few years ago DCL actually switched from the white meat chicken fingers to the nugget type. After many complaints from people they switched back to the white meat type...the power of the comment card and email and the Dis!!!

MJ

mmouse37
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
The treats at Cofe Cafe are no extra charge. We usually hit the Cafe in the afternoon for eclairs, or once I found chocolate covered strawberries. There is something different every day. I've never found scones.

Scones are usually in the morning...pastries in the afternoon, cheese and crackers in the evening and other dessert type stuff at night.

MJ

lbgraves
03-16-2009, 07:22 PM
The cookie dough soft serve is ONLY on CC. :)

Chip 'n Dale Express
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
One more vote for the Steak Sandwich from room service. Instead of the cheap shredded meat you'll find elsewhere, it was pieces of perfectly seasoned steak. Very yummy. The steak fries that come with it are also always done to perfection.

On the topic of fries... Pluto's has the BEST fries! Always perfectly cooked.

donmil723
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I forgot one of our favorite afternoon treats. At Cove Cafe, they had little chocolate cups filled with cream and topped with strawberries!!!! Melt in your mouth delicious!

TheDisneyGirl02
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I love the pizza as well as the chocolate chip cookies from room service. My DF and I would order cookies and milk nearly every night before bed! I missed my night time cookie when I got home!

melsherard
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Absolutely without a doubt, the grilled ribeyes they served at Serenity Bay! The best meal we had the whole time!!!! I do second the vote for the steak sammies from room service... they were great!

aemsaw
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
There were about 4 different types of Paninis but I LOVED the one with Brie Cheese...yum... I had a hard time waling past and not getting one if I was hungry.

disneyfreak1
03-17-2009, 06:54 AM
There were about 4 different types of Paninis but I LOVED the one with Brie Cheese...yum... I had a hard time waling past and not getting one if I was hungry.

Front the sound of the thread, I don't think being hungry is going to matter. :lmao: I can feel the pounds creeping up already!

princess aleya
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!:dance3:

Dr.Girlfriend
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa....wings? Nachos? Goodies at Cove Cafe?!?!! HOW did I miss these things on all of my past cruises?!?!

Can someone tell me more about these paninis?

jezebella
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Every night we have pre-dinner drinks in the Promenade Lounge with big plates of chips, salsa, sour cream, and guac.

I also crave the wings from Diversions. My mom told me just this week that she was craving them too. Diversions has the same stuff for chips as PL, but also has the nacho cheese. Yum!

Oh...and I forgot the cheese plate in Cadillac Lounge....

Eeyore'sthebest
04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
1) This thread explains why DD ate chicken fingers every day on the boat. :rotfl2:

2) I didn't know about the paninis (not sure where my head was), the nachos or the goodies at the Cove Cafe. :headache: But I'll be better prepared for the next cruise. :thumbsup2

3) Number 2 explains how I lost 6 pounds on the cruise while everyone else gains weight. :rotfl2:

And my vote for the best food is the Mickey Bars, chocolate chip cookies and the cheese and crackers all ordered from room service and enjoyed (not at the same time :lmao:) on my beautiful verandah. :cloud9::cloud9:

dizneyfan23
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd have to say:

Turkey Leg (Pirate night)
Soft serve cookie dough ice cream (CC)
Cookies Ribs (CC)
Nachos (Diversions)
And, sadly, I'm a sucker for the pizza at Pinocchio's

MrsJD
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
imanazd...i lived in the KOA in mcdonough for a few months back in 2000. hubby built a costco in the area..cool!

we cruise in nov and i love this thread. i am fo sho having the panini and i am also interested in that salad with raspberry dressing. chicken fingers are always a fave for DD3.

does anyone know if there is anything onboard similar to the roastbeef they serve at mickey's 50's primetime cafe in hollywood studios? that was so good!

thanks for the tips guys!

MrsJD
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm glad my sister's wedding is at the beginning of the cruise so i can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat afterwards! my goal is to gain 7 pounds!:rotfl:

Momof4girls
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
What/where is Cove Cafe and Diversions?

Can you take things from the case "to go"? Or carry out wings? (DH would love that!)

Also, is there a website like all ears net that has the menus onboard? (not just table service, but also quick stuff?)

Aurora's Mommy
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I "forgot" to tell DH until half way through the cruise last time that he could order Mickey Bars from room service. This time, he will know better!

His vote would be for the Mickey Bar, but I have to go with the panini's and fruit from Goofy's Galley. Can't remember specifically what was in the panini's, but everyone I had was delish! (and the fruit made me feel like I was eating healthy, ha :thumbsup2)

aznaphrodite
04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
What time are the wings and nachos served at Diversions? I read "pre-dinner" but is that before the early & late seatings?

jrabbit
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
What/where is Cove Cafe .. Deck 9 BETWEEN the goofy pool and the adults pool, port side of the ship ("in" the forward funnel)

What/where is ... Diversions? Deck 3 Forward Starboard in Beat Street on the Magic (Forward of Rockin Bar D) Same place on the Wonder except the names have been changed. So Deck 3 Forward Starboard in Route 66 forward of Wavebands.

enchanted72
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
What time are the wings and nachos served at Diversions? I read "pre-dinner" but is that before the early & late seatings?

DH and I sat in there around 5:30ish and had some with pre-dinner drinks. But, we were there till about 7 when we left to change for dinner. So somewhere in that time frame. :)

byejou
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree with all food mentioned. You really can't go wrong with trying everything, you don't have to eat it all. ;) These are our favs:

1. Paninis :thumbsup2

2. Fresh Fruit......keep it coming, it is perfectly ripe, crisp and sweet :cutie:

3. We always make a special mid-day snack......Two fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies and Vanilla Soft Serve made into a big cookie sandwich....YUMMY :woohoo:

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Im_A_Princess
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM

:goofy: YES!!! And the fresh fruit! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My fav! :goofy:

delta0413
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Before we took our last DCL cruise, I kept hearing the buzz about the chicken fingers and thought, "What's the big deal, they're just chicken fingers." But when we were on the cruise DW and I needed a snack so we decided to try them. Well... I must admit that we love them and have recommended them to others too.

Also love the:
Paninis
Chocolate covered Rice Crispy treats at the Castaway Club gathering. :thumbsup2

Bon Apitite

akl432
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Are the snacks in the nightclubs (that you are referring to) free?

WAHkoMom
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh my goodness! I need to pick up the pace on my pre-cruise exercise and diet, because I feel a BIG SET-BACK coming on! :rolleyes1

Oh well, that's what the track on Deck 4 is for, right?? :laughing:

Mickeyhugger
04-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Are the snacks in the nightclubs (that you are referring to) free?

yes

Pooh_Friend#1
04-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Soft serve cookie dough ice cream
Fries from Plutos with shredded cheese melted on them
Nachos and wings from Diversions (we found them out at around 7:00pm)
Sadly, I loved eating the cheese pizza poolside.
Chicken strips

cristit14
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
fresh fruit
chicken strips
wings from diversions

jrabbit
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh my goodness! I need to pick up the pace on my pre-cruise exercise and diet, because I feel a BIG SET-BACK coming on! :rolleyes1

Oh well, that's what the track on Deck 4 is for, right?? :laughing:Don't forget the stairs!! They help too.:headache:

DVC Mary
04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Best advice I ever got was never take the elevator--always take the stairs to help burn calories. We also went for a long walk every night after dinner/show.

JOANNEL
04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Nachos and Mickey Bars!

Where did you get Nacho's?

JOANNEL
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I agree with all food mentioned. You really can't go wrong with trying everything, you don't have to eat it all. ;) These are our favs:

1. Paninis :thumbsup2

2. Fresh Fruit......keep it coming, it is perfectly ripe, crisp and sweet :cutie:

3. We always make a special mid-day snack......Two fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies and Vanilla Soft Serve made into a big cookie sandwich....YUMMY :woohoo:

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the cookies?

suezyq50
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa....wings? Nachos? Goodies at Cove Cafe?!?!! HOW did I miss these things on all of my past cruises?!?!

Can someone tell me more about these paninis?

Paninis is a sandwich made from a small loaf of bread, typically a ciabatta. The loaf is cut horizontally and filled with salami, ham, cheese, and sometimes served hot. Panera Bread serves them.

DMMarla07860
04-02-2009, 10:54 PM
roast beef sandwich from Goofy's Galley, loved loved loved that:goodvibes

TADsMommy
04-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Yummmm... :lovestruc

We always choose late dining as we have afternoon CHICKEN FINGERS each and every afternoon. DH and kids sometimes have pizza, various sandwiches or ?? ... I stick with the CHICKEN FINGERS. :thumbsup2

Also ... the STEAK at Serenity Bay ... ohmigosh... I want to visit CC right now!! :rotfl:

sbell111
04-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Where did you get Nacho's?I didn't see nachos, but we did do the chips and salsa thing most nights just prior to dinner at the Promenade Lounge.
Where are the cookies?Cookies are available from room service.

antici_PATION
04-03-2009, 10:04 AM
It's crazy to me that so many of my American neighbours are so in love with chicken fingers but nowhere in the US can you find the perfect condiment for chicken fingers!:confused3

:banana:Honey Dill Sauce!:banana:

I eat whatever I please on vacation but I usually avoid chicken fingers because the best part of chicken fingers is the honey dill.:cheer2:

rkwier
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I just gained 5 pounds reading this - yum! :upsidedow

disneynewbee
04-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I've heard steak on Serenity Bay is this available on the family beach? With 4 kids I probably won't make it to Serenity Bay.

jrabbit
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Don't worry about the steak on Serenity Bay if you can't make it over there -- the BBQ Ribs and BBQ Chicken are really good at the family beach.

stulaurie
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Are you saying that the wings at Diversions is outside of the bar. I would love to take my daughter down there (kids can be on Beat Street until 9pm) and both get a plate to take back to the room. Where exactly are they, and can we take a plate to our room?

Thanks

Pooh_Friend#1
04-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Nachos and wings are located inside Diversions.

ibouncetoo
04-03-2009, 03:31 PM
It's crazy to me that so many of my American neighbours are so in love with chicken fingers but nowhere in the US can you find the perfect condiment for chicken fingers!:confused3

:banana:Honey Dill Sauce!:banana:

I eat whatever I please on vacation but I usually avoid chicken fingers because the best part of chicken fingers is the honey dill.:cheer2:

Oh, that sounds GOOD! I love dill as a meat condiment. :thumbsup2

CRSNDSNY
04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Mmm! I daydream about the musroom risotto at Palo! :goodvibes Yum!

dsneygirl
04-03-2009, 04:38 PM
This thread has me salivating.

SweetSpot
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Where did you get Nacho's?

You get them in Diversions. They have the chips, salsa, sour cream, pepper & cheese there. You can make them even better (and more fattening) if you take a hot cup (from the drink station) to Plutos and ask for some of the chili and bring that with you. Plutos can also make you chili cheese fries if you like them.

dinahfig
04-03-2009, 09:44 PM
MMMMM! I can't wait till September! :) I guess I gotta try that brie cheese panini & try to make it to Serenity Bay for steaks! I never knew about some of these things! We ate lots of hot dogs and ice cream cones!

Pluto,
04-05-2009, 08:45 AM
they have really good pizza
tacos
chicken fingers
wings and chips at diversions.

disneynewbee
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
You get them in Diversions. They have the chips, salsa, sour cream, pepper & cheese there. You can make them even better (and more fattening) if you take a hot cup (from the drink station) to Plutos and ask for some of the chili and bring that with you. Plutos can also make you chili cheese fries if you like them.

My teen will love this she lived on chili cheese fries when we stayed at POP on our last Disney trip. Is it the nacho cheese?

Cindi0511
04-05-2009, 11:13 AM
You guys are killing me!!!! I'm sooooo hungry!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: And unless we add something in, our next cruise isn't until Oct. 2010~:sad1::sad1:

Pluto,
04-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Don't worry about the steak on Serenity Bay if you can't make it over there -- the BBQ Ribs and BBQ Chicken are really good at the family beach.

yes but the steak is better

ibouncetoo
04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
About 11PM they have a 'snack' table set up outside of the bars and one near the atrium that has assorted treats. I've found wings on there, as well as fruit and other good things. ::yes::

WBAC
04-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Anything in "The COVE" ice-box. I had the most Wonderful snacks here:banana:!

SJSH Mom
05-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Subscribe

westgirl
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
oh dear - My plan is to lose 2 stone before our cruise think i better make it 2 1/2:lmao::lmao::lmao:

One little quetion tho - the chiller in Cove Cafe - do we have to get coffee to have a treat?

ibouncetoo
05-13-2009, 04:40 PM
oh dear - My plan is to lose 2 stone before our cruise think i better make it 2 1/2:lmao::lmao::lmao:

One little quetion tho - the chiller in Cove Cafe - do we have to get coffee to have a treat?

No purchase required. But.....please don't empty out the cooler...save me with something to go with my coffee! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

aznaphrodite
05-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Here's a photo of the ice box in Cove Cafe:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3601/3507977409_b9810903e4.jpg

No. You don't need to buy coffee to partake in the goodies. There are plates and napkins next to the ice box to help yourself.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the favorite snacks/treats! I took a list on my 4/25 cruise!

Corrections from what people previously said: Pluto's Dog House did not have nachos when I asked. The nachos and wings were served at Diversions starting at 7 pm and I don't know when they stopped serving.

Hope that helps!

my3m
05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
No purchase required. But.....please don't empty out the cooler...save me with something to go with my coffee! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

never tried it for I thought it is EXTRA cost.

But my fam's fave, the CHICKEN TENDERS. the best, cant wait :banana:

calmpets
05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure how this is possible :confused:, but I find no mention of Palo's sweet pizza! I have dreams of that pizza from brunch - YUMMY!

traveljen1027
05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
The Mickey Bars from room service...fantastic when getting back from port!!

my3m
05-13-2009, 05:46 PM

:lovestruc:love::lovestruc

disneycrazzzy
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been on one 14 day cruise with 6 sea days and one 7 day cruise and I didn't know about any of these food choices:

:eek: I've never got anything at Goofy's Galley
:eek: I've never got anything at Cove Cafe (never been inside)
:eek: I've never got anything at Pluto's Dog House
:eek: I've never got anything at Pinocchio's Pizzeria
:eek: I've never got anything at Diversions
:eek: I've never got anything from room service
:eek: I've never got anything at Serenity Bay

Where have I been? But then I always felt like I was full all the time anyway and I hate that feeling. I wonder if it has to do with Early Dining. Maybe we'll keep our late dining for our 2nd cruise and try it out. Some of these things sound so good! My DS15 probably ate 2-3 hamburgers a day from Pluto's. That is probably why he is now 6'3".

bevtoy
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
WHere/when is the Castaway Club gathering? We are new members to the club for our next cruise.

Before we took our last DCL cruise, I kept hearing the buzz about the chicken fingers and thought, "What's the big deal, they're just chicken fingers." But when we were on the cruise DW and I needed a snack so we decided to try them. Well... I must admit that we love them and have recommended them to others too.

Also love the:
Paninis
Chocolate covered Rice Crispy treats at the Castaway Club gathering. :thumbsup2

Bon Apitite

aznaphrodite
05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
WHere/when is the Castaway Club gathering? We are new members to the club for our next cruise.

For our 7-night Eastern on 4/25, it was on Monday from 11 am - 12 pm at Rockin Bar D. However, the location does change so check your invitation. It'll be in your stateroom the night before.

I ordered a Mickey Bar every night before bedtime. It was a wonderful treat!!

sunshine1259
05-13-2009, 06:57 PM
1) This thread explains why DD ate chicken fingers every day on the boat. :rotfl2:

2) I didn't know about the paninis (not sure where my head was), the nachos or the goodies at the Cove Cafe. :headache: But I'll be better prepared for the next cruise. :thumbsup2

3) Number 2 explains how I lost 6 pounds on the cruise while everyone else gains weight. :rotfl2:

And my vote for the best food is the Mickey Bars, chocolate chip cookies and the cheese and crackers all ordered from room service and enjoyed (not at the same time :lmao:) on my beautiful verandah. :cloud9::cloud9:

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. I have been on 3 Disneys cruises thus far and the only thing that I have had on this list is the MICKEY MOUSE BARS, which are yummy!! I haven't even made it to serenity bay yet. I will be rectifying that little misfortune on this trip in August come h**l or high water. Well, I guess we don't want high waters while at sea and especially not while at Castaway Cay.:lmao: Hot wings, Turkey legs, nachos, paninis?? WHERE HAVE I BEEN???? I thought I was doing a good job eating when ever it was time to eat. I guess I had better catch up.

Boy, am I glad that I saw this thread. I have some last meals to catch up on.

sunnyw
05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
The BLT from room service was wonderful!

I only discovered it the last night of my cruise.

makewifehappy
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
You guys are killing me!!!! I'm sooooo hungry!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: And unless we add something in, our next cruise isn't until Oct. 2010~:sad1::sad1:

At least you get there a month before we do. We've got to wait until Thanksgiving week of 2010.....

kimberleeJohnston
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I LOVED the paninis from Goofys Galley! The fresh fruit was a great midmorning snack too sitting by the pool.

princess aleya
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Here's a photo of the ice box in Cove Cafe:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3601/3507977409_b9810903e4.jpg

No. You don't need to buy coffee to partake in the goodies. There are plates and napkins next to the ice box to help yourself.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the favorite snacks/treats! I took a list on my 4/25 cruise!

Corrections from what people previously said: Pluto's Dog House did not have nachos when I asked. The nachos and wings were served at Diversions starting at 7 pm and I don't know when they stopped serving.

Hope that helps!

I've heard of Cove Cafe but haven't seen any pictures of what they have to offer unitl now. I can't wait to sample a little bit of everything.:yay:

slindamood
05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Goofey's Galley opens for breakfast about an hour before Topsiders and features two of my favorites:
yogurt parfait with granola and fresh blackberries
stollen bread (sweet bread laced with almond paste, also served at Palo)

Another favorite: flambeed fresh pineapple in a butter, rum and brown sugar sauce over real ice cream, at one of the buffets on deck (Pirate's night?)

bevtoy
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Has anyone ever found Marzipan on board?

Granny Hawkins
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Best advice I ever got was never take the elevator--always take the stairs to help burn calories. We also went for a long walk every night after dinner/show.

Since I made the "mistake" of opening this thread....LOL....I see lots of stairs and walks coming my way on our Cruise in July..

Im_A_Princess
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Every night we have pre-dinner drinks in the Promenade Lounge with big plates of chips, salsa, sour cream, and guac.

I also crave the wings from Diversions. My mom told me just this week that she was craving them too. Diversions has the same stuff for chips as PL, but also has the nacho cheese. Yum!

What times are these foods available??????

aznaphrodite
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
What times are these foods available??????

I only know that the food at Diversions starts at 7 pm.

Jessebuggy
05-14-2009, 08:30 PM
My DS would vote for the chicken tenders. He ate them every day!

lsjones
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Loved the crepes at the Pirate Buffet! Another vote for the chicken fingers, loved the cheese platter from room service. I wish I would have known about the nachos and wings before my trip!!

Evan&Kimberly
05-15-2009, 01:18 AM

(Question #99) I really love wings what type are they?

(Ques #100) somewhere there is a place on the ship for the family, where they can dance and etc. are snacks served there and what is the name of the place?

this is my first Disney Cruise and First with a child so I am sure it will be a bit different from my past cruises,trying to get all the food info I can!

(Quest#101) also is the menu you different at Castaway Cays Cookies and the meal served at Serenity Bay if so what is the menu difference?

I think I have101 questions:upsidedow

aznaphrodite
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
(Question #99) I really love wings what type are they?

There are hot wings and BBQ wings. The hot wings however were not fried though (like I'm used to).

SweetSpot
05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Evan&Kimberly;31830558](Question #99) I really love wings what type are they?

They are non breaded hot wings. Not too spicy but good enough. They are in chafing dishes sometimes throughout the day and most nights in Diversions along with hot dogs and tortilla chips and nacho fixings.

(Ques #100) somewhere there is a place on the ship for the family, where they can dance and etc. are snacks served there and what is the name of the place?

Studio Seas has family dance parties but there are no snacks served there. Sometimes there is a bartender to get you drinks. There is nothing stopping you from bringing stuff in from Diversions, deck 9 or room service and drinks from the drink station though.

(Quest#101) also is the menu you different at Castaway Cays Cookies and the meal served at Serenity Bay if so what is the menu difference? [/COLOR]

There are slight differences like sometimes there are lobster rolls Serenity Bay and there is a bbq with steaks that isn't at Cookies but most everything else is the same.

disneynewbee
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
So how far is the Serenity bay food area from Cookies? I'm thinking maybe send the hubby over to bring him and me some yummies back while I stay with the kiddos. I don't want to send him on a 10 mile hike though.

ibouncetoo
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
So how far is the Serenity bay food area from Cookies? I'm thinking maybe send the hubby over to bring him and me some yummies back while I stay with the kiddos. I don't want to send him on a 10 mile hike though.

It is a hike...but there is a tram. However it would be difficult to do carrying two plates of food.

disneynewbee
05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
It is a hike...but there is a tram. However it would be difficult to do carrying two plates of food.

Thanks! O'well guess we'll have to do without this cruise.

Evan&Kimberly
05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Evan&Kimberly;31830558](Question #99) I really love wings what type are they?

They are non breaded hot wings. Not too spicy but good enough. They are in chafing dishes sometimes throughout the day and most nights in Diversions along with hot dogs and tortilla chips and nacho fixings.

Studio Seas has family dance parties but there are no snacks served there. Sometimes there is a bartender to get you drinks. There is nothing stopping you from bringing stuff in from Diversions, deck 9 or room service and drinks from the drink station though.

(Quest#101) also is the menu you different at Castaway Cays Cookies and the meal served at Serenity Bay if so what is the menu difference? [/COLOR]

There are slight differences like sometimes there are lobster rolls Serenity Bay and there is a bbq with steaks that isn't at Cookies but most everything else is the same.

Thanks a million Diversions is adult only, I will have my 3 year old with me so I guess no wings for me :( my luck they are gone from Parrot Cay, Guess I will have to get them from Kona after the cruise!

Doingitagain
05-15-2009, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=SweetSpot;31839640]

Thanks a million Diversions is adult only, I will have my 3 year old with me so I guess no wings for me :( my luck they are gone from Parrot Cay, Guess I will have to get them from Kona after the cruise!

Diversions is adult only after 9 pm. So grab the chicken wings when they go out at 7 :banana:

SweetSpot
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Evan&Kimberly;31841638]

Diversions is adult only after 9 pm. So grab the chicken wings when they go out at 7 :banana:

You don't have to eat them in Diversions. You self serve and you can take the plate with you anywhere. I would grab some chips and salsa and bring it into Rock N Bar D for the nightly shows. An adult can run to Diversions and bring the food back to Studio Seas if you want something for the dance party. I think you will find that you won't want anything to eat later in the night. They do a good job of keeping you full.

mmackeymouse
05-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks! O'well guess we'll have to do without this cruise.

How old are the kiddos? I mean, you and hubby definitely deserve some alone time. If they are young, you can take them to the kids' club area for an hour or so. And if they are older, I am sure they can chill in the teen area by themselves.

I think you should treat yourselves to at least an hour of alone time at the adult beach........just my humble opinion.

disneynewbee
05-15-2009, 09:34 PM
How old are the kiddos? I mean, you and hubby definitely deserve some alone time. If they are young, you can take them to the kids' club area for an hour or so. And if they are older, I am sure they can chill in the teen area by themselves.

I think you should treat yourselves to at least an hour of alone time at the adult beach........just my humble opinion.

We have quite an age range. At the time of our cruise they will be 16yo, 7yo, 3yo, and 16 months. My mom will be with us but I don't want her there as our babysitter, we're not even paying her way. I'm sure she'll offer to let us get away for a bit but I don't know if she can handle the youngest 3 herself on a beach.

Evan&Kimberly
05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=Doingitagain;31841758]

You don't have to eat them in Diversions. You self serve and you can take the plate with you anywhere. I would grab some chips and salsa and bring it into Rock N Bar D for the nightly shows. An adult can run to Diversions and bring the food back to Studio Seas if you want something for the dance party. I think you will find that you won't want anything to eat later in the night. They do a good job of keeping you full.

Thanks guys! So what goes on in Diversions before its adults only, It will be me and just my 3 year old.But I have got to get them HOT WINGS ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!:rotfl::rotfl:

seamour
05-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I need to try those paninis ! :cool1:

seamour
05-15-2009, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=SweetSpot;31842038]

Thanks guys! So what goes on in Diversions before its adults only, It will be me and just my 3 year old.But I have got to get them HOT WINGS ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!:rotfl::rotfl:

they do some trivia games and other fun things, we saw families in there. Also there is some games scattered around the room you can play with your 3 year old.

candlemakerw/twins
05-16-2009, 06:58 AM
We will be on the Wonder in 8 days and my whole family is dreaming of 9pm burgers and hot dogs from Pluto's.

Each night just before we put the kids to bed my husband runs up and grabs a big pile of burgers and dogs for the family. Too much fun to be so crazy to eat a second dinner right before bed. Of course these are supplemented with Mickey Bars from room service!