PDA

View Full Version : Coral World

spectrum-turbo
03-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I have a few questions about Coral World:

Is there a locker area at Coral World to change into swimsuits? If there is, would it be a safe place to leave our stuff while taking a dip at Coki Beach?
Typically, how long does the Sea Lion Swim take? How about the Turtle Encounter?
If we are not doing any of the extras, how long should does it take to 'see' Coral World?

Thanks

kcashner
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Coral World can take anywhere from an hour to several hours depending on how interested your kids are and what you want to do. If you do the main underwater viewing area and the aquarium, that's maybe an hour. The hands on--well, how many creatures do your kids want to touch and for how long? Hiking trails--no time at all to an hour.

I don't remember any lockers. We wore our swimsuits under our clothes, and changed in the bathroom before catching the cab back to the ship.

awoltoday
03-15-2009, 11:27 AM
There are Lockers & Showers are at Coral World. You can probably google up a current price.

Eeyore'sthebest
03-15-2009, 11:43 AM
The Sea Lion swim takes about an hour start to finish. Not sure how long the Turtle Encounter takes but the people participating MUST be 4' tall, no shorter. The pool is 4'8" deep and they want everyone able to stand.

There is a description of my Sea Lion encounter in the sticky at the top of the page. Let me know if you have any questions.

And yes, kcashner already commented about the lockers. They were relatively cheap in my opinion. I want to say it was $3 for the locker with a $10 refundable deposit for the key.
The wrist band to Coral World let's you go in and out to the beach. Lockers and changing areas are great. Food was reasonably priced and there was quite a bit of it. Pleasantly surprised.