PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay jet skis

sammydent
03-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Can you rent jet skis on CC without doing the excursion? Do these need to be reserved in advance?

cats mom
03-15-2009, 07:44 AM
No, it's go on the guided tour or nothing.

As for reserving in advance, I think it just depends on the cruise.

When my DH and DS went the tour was booked solid all day. I know because I ended up giving my spot to friends who wouldn't have been able to go otherwise. They decided they wanted to do the guy thing, and I wasn't thrilled with the whole stay with the group bit anyway.

But I've also seen reports from folks who were able to walk up and get right on a departing tour.

ruadisneyfan2
03-15-2009, 08:37 AM
We did it in Nov and loved it, even with staying with the group. It was expensive for the amt of true riding time. There were a few stops to talk about their ecosystem and sea life. It was a lot of fun but I don't need to do it every time.
While we were getting pre-ride instructions a lady and her son approached and wanted to join but he told her it was sold out for the rest of the day. I felt bad for the little boy.:sad1:

dvschem
03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
We were just on Castaway Cay (6 Mar 09). I saw a tour go out in the morning but the rest of the day the jet skis just sat on the beach with the occassional CM raoring off on one for a few minutes (must have been for test drives). I suppose the popularity differs every cruise.

ruadisneyfan2
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Do you think it may be b/c of the economy people just aren't spending lots of money and maybe cruising low budget. less shopping, drinks, excursions, etc.

Our jet skis were $160 for 2 of us on 1 jetski so $320 for all 4 of us. :eek: I know for sure we won't be spending like that in Oct.