PDA

View Full Version : Excursions in St. Martin/St. Thomas or just beach

sammydent
03-15-2009, 05:37 AM
We are cruising in Oct 2009 for the first time. :banana: With us will be our 12 yo DS and 9 yr old DD. Are there any excursions you can recommend for us that kids these ages would enjoy or should we just plan on going to the beach? My husband and I would love to see some of the island(s), but not sure if the kids would enjoy it or not.

kcashner
03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
We really enjoyed Coral World--an aquarium with hiking trails, an underwater viewing area, a "hands on" areas, gift shop, snack bar, etc. The other good thing is that Coki Beach is right across the parking lot. THis is a free, family friendly beach--very nice. You will get an arm band when you go to Coral World so that you can come and go throughout the day to use the bathrooms or snack bar. It's an easy excursion to do on your own. There are discount coupons on line and in the tourist info book you can get free at port. There are lots of cabs ready to take you and bring you back. Especially with a 12 year old, I'd do it on my own. 12s pay adult rate thru DCL, kid rates thru most private operators. Coral World used to have a family rate as well.

MickeyCruiser
03-15-2009, 08:33 AM
We are doing the same cruise this May. We have booked the Doubloon sail and snorkel in St. Thomas. It has great reviews and people speak highly of it being family / kid friendly. St. Marten we are planning on grabbing a taxi on our own and heading to a beach.