PDA

View Full Version : New Menus????

Pages : [1] 2

O2BONDCL
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Somewhere I heard that the Magic was getting new menus...Does anyone know if this is true? I thought they were supposed to start either this past week, or next week. Am I making this up? :confused: Thanks

kcashner
03-14-2009, 01:19 PM
They are supposed to start today.

Keyser
03-14-2009, 01:51 PM
If I understand correctly, they already have started on the Wonder. But, no one has gotten off the boat yet, so no new menus to scan. I'd gues we'll see the new menus uploaded somewhere in a week if not sooner.

alwayslisad
03-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I can't wait to see them !!!!

Kurby
03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
is it just the magic or is the wonder getting new menus too?

we're got a few more weeks to go but i'd love to see them

aiken4mickey
03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Can't wait to see too!

trimix
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Somewhere I heard that the Magic was getting new menus...Does anyone know if this is true? I thought they were supposed to start either this past week, or next week. Am I making this up? :confused: Thanks

Please tell me they are not eliminating lobster from the menu! You have no idea how much I have been looking forward to lobster night!

smatterchu
03-16-2009, 08:49 AM
We are sailing this coming Sunday -- anxious to see the menus!! :cool1:

Anyone want to share a sneak peek??

swandiverpatt
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
A friend of mine got off the Wonder Sunday morning and she mentioned the re-workings of the menu. The only specifics she mentioned was an offering of tuna tartare as an appetizer and an ahi tuna dish for an entree (both of which made us very happy). :thumbsup2

jnadelman
03-16-2009, 09:54 AM
how often do they change the menus? Will this new menu still be in effect for my cruise in Nov?

lbgraves
03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
The last time they had a major change was in 2008. They seemed to stay the same for a while before that.

dylan'smom
03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Subscribing.....hoping someone posts a copy! :surfweb:

smatterchu
03-16-2009, 10:40 AM
C'mon, people!! popcorn:: You can unpack and do laundry later -- we need details!! LOL

:rolleyes1

TiszBear
03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
subscribing

DrD
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Well I'm going in 2 weeks so if it's not done by then I can take the job.

Although I suspect we'll hear before then.

Hello World!
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Just got off...The new menus are wonderful. Definitely kicked up a notch. The new Sea Bass entree at Triton's was to die for. Don't remember specific items but I didn't have anything that wasn't "Wonder"ful. Of course, not all people will agree...:)

Jmedina
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Subscribing, cant wait to see the new menus :goodvibes

brucechase
03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Just got off...The new menus are wonderful. Definitely kicked up a notch. The new Sea Bass entree at Triton's was to die for. Don't remember specific items but I didn't have anything that wasn't "Wonder"ful. Of course, not all people will agree...:)

Wow, that's more of a tease ;) than information. OK now it's time for someone to show us the menus. I can't wait to try the sea bass!!!!

skohrs
03-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Are the menus at Triton's and Lumiere's identical?

Kurby
03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
is the menu change on both ships or only on the magic?

stsomewhere
03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
subscribing

BamaBornNemoNut
03-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Here's what has been posted in the Alphabetical Listing FAQ thread. Doesn't this give the lastest menus?

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30305987&postcount=1

:woohoo:

Jestocost
03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Here's what has been posted in the Alphabetical Listing FAQ thread. Doesn't this give the lastest menus?

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30305987&postcount=1

:woohoo:

Those menus are from a few weeks ago and are virtually identical to what we had last summer, so I would say they aren't the new menus.

smatterchu
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
man -- surely somebody has menu items.... popcorn::

scottie
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Were some of the podcast gang on the recent cruise with the new menus? If so, hopefully they can provide the full new menu items soon!?

RLccweems
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
popcorn:: Subscribing, cant wait to see the new menus popcorn::

brendapap
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
subscribing

smatterchu
03-17-2009, 05:49 AM
I am reading general good things from people who have seen the good menu, but no specifics...I'm looking forward to seeing next week!!

disneychic
03-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Well, we sail in 3 weeks, so if there aren't new menus posted by then, I'll be sure to get them and post when I return. But, hopefully someone will be able to do that sooner.

Kurby
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
do they let you keep the menus? what a great souvenir if we can

momoftwins
03-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Can't wait to view the yummies:thumbsup2

Tiggerfan14
03-17-2009, 08:12 AM
suscribing :rolleyes1

kcashner
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
do they let you keep the menus? what a great souvenir if we can

There are a few menus you can keep. There are others that are in exciting, very fancy folders. People take pictures of those, but you don't get to bring them home.

We were once given some of the nicer menus--our server explained that they were being replaced in a few weeks and the ones we were given wouldn't be used any more. They are nice souveniers, but not anything people would want to see as they show the old foods.

ibela
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
popcorn::

skohrs
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
There are a few menus you can keep. There are others that are in exciting, very fancy folders. People take pictures of those, but you don't get to bring them home.

I have not done this, but I read on poster on a recent TR say that she got the menus by asking at guest services desk (I think she told them she wanted them for her scrapbook). They gave her photocopies of the menus which she posted.

epcotrulz
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM

me too . . .

DrD
03-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I've not been on Disney yet, but on each of the other 7 cruises I've been on they had paper copies of all menus to give out. Otherwise I'll take pictures and post ASAP. I'm on the 3/29. Hopefully we'll get them sooner and I'll be off the hook! That would save me some money for internet anyway.

GinaMo76
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Has anyone seen the new menus yet?:confused3

frdeb1999
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing the changes!! :)

Amy7979
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Subscribing to see the new menus!

Mickey moos
03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
subscribing:goodvibes

Mickey_loves_Minnie
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Count me among the curious! :hyper:

coconutsunshine
03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
My fingers are crossed that there will be an update soon!!:woohoo: popcorn::

disney minnie
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
subscribing

Renysmom
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
I think the new menus started this weekend which means we wont see them before Friday right?

lbgraves
03-17-2009, 08:14 PM
It will be Saturday before anyone gets off the Magic with all 7...hopefully.

pjpoohbear
03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
I asked and was given actual the menus on the Panama Canal cruise. I have all 15 nights. I need to find a way to scan them to share. Including the heavy embossed AP menu holder.

Pj

MagicMe
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I have not done this, but I read on poster on a recent TR say that she got the menus by asking at guest services desk (I think she told them she wanted them for her scrapbook). They gave her photocopies of the menus which she posted.

I've not been on Disney yet, but on each of the other 7 cruises I've been on they had paper copies of all menus to give out. Otherwise I'll take pictures and post ASAP. I'm on the 3/29. Hopefully we'll get them sooner and I'll be off the hook! That would save me some money for internet anyway.

I wish I knew this for my cruise. I never knew I could just ask for copies at Guest Services. So cool! I have to remember this for my TA.

churchlady
03-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Subbing!:cool1:

luvdisney24
03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
I just got off the Wonder on Sunday and this was my 3rd Disney cruise. I though the food this time was very disappointing with the exception of Palo. I did not have a single thing that I enjoyed. I let them know it on my survey too. The cutbacks are obvious.

DrD
03-18-2009, 09:53 AM

I just got off the Wonder on Sunday and this was my 3rd Disney cruise. I though the food this time was very disappointing with the exception of Palo. I did not have a single thing that I enjoyed. I let them know it on my survey too. The cutbacks are obvious.

Well I'm going with the optimistic view.

Hello World!
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I told you not everybody would like the new menus. The quality of the new menus, IMHO, is surpassing to the old. I enjoy good high quality restaurants. I guess I am a foodie. I love good food. If you enjoy good food, you will enjoy the new menus. If not, go get a hot dog or chix fingers with fries. I don't remember before, but in AP and Triton's, they now have a dessert sampler with 3 smaller versions of desserts for people who can't make up their mind, or want a taste of several.

jilljill
03-18-2009, 10:30 AM

So what is on the new menus?!?

DrD
03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I told you not everybody would like the new menus. The quality of the new menus, IMHO, is surpassing to the old. I enjoy good high quality restaurants. I guess I am a foodie. I love good food. If you enjoy good food, you will enjoy the new menus. If not, go get a hot dog or chix fingers with fries. I don't remember before, but in AP and Triton's, they now have a dessert sampler with 3 smaller versions of desserts for people who can't make up their mind, or want a taste of several.

I think I love you.

jilljill
03-18-2009, 10:56 AM

More details please.

Hello World!
03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
More details please.
My mind ain't what it used to be. I can try to remember if you ask a specific question.:goodvibes

tigger2002
03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
My mind ain't what it used to be. I can try to remember if you ask a specific question.:goodvibes

What are some of the seafood selections?

<

Hello World!
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
What are some of the seafood selections?

<

I can tell you what I enjoyed.
The embarkation buffett was the same.
Parrott Cay- the rib-eye is still on the menu and that's what I got.
The chilled mango soup is still there and still very good.
Sorry I can't remember more about PC- I guess I was too excited to be on vacation.
Broiled salmon and grilled chicken is on the menu every night.

Triton's lunch is the same.

For dinner at Triton's-
Appetizer- a new Duck Confit- very good if you like duck
Salad- a new citrus salad with oranges and avacodo and a citrus dressing. Very light and very good
Entree- Sea Bass over mashed potatoes with small pieces of onionand zuchinni with a blackberry sauce- YUMMO!! Best dish of the cruise.
Dessert- sampler plate of choc mousse and 2 others I can't remember- all very good.

AP-
Butternut Squash soup is still there and still de-lish!!
Entree- A new dish that is a short rib over mash potatoes. Very good and fork tender. Men ask for 2 ribs. Very meaty but you need 2.
Dessert was again a sampler of 3 desserts that were wonderful.

Sorry I can't remember all the details, but like I said, if you like good food, you will enjoy the new menus.
This was our 5th cruise.

B3LM
03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I just sailed on the Wonder this past weekend, and I have to say, I was also disappointed in the dining this time. It just didn't seem up to par as in past cruises I've done with Disney. Even our service team in the dining room was very poor - our drink glasses were empty most of the time and we were still waiting on our dessert in Triton's at 10:15pm. We almost missed the Pirate fireworks because they were so slow.

Palo's was excellent, as usual, and the service was phenominal!

Kurby
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
those of you who are disappointed - are you telling those who can do something? i dont know who you would email or on the ship maybe the head server guy

i think if you aren't liking the new menu you have to tell someone or else how would they know

kcashner
03-18-2009, 11:51 AM
those of you who are disappointed - are you telling those who can do something? i dont know who you would email or on the ship maybe the head server guy

i think if you aren't liking the new menu you have to tell someone or else how would they know

If you have an issue with anything on the ship, you can note it on your comment card (they specifically ask about each menu), you can write in comments, you can write a letter while you are sailing and either put it in the comment box or give it to guest services. When you get home, you can write to guest relations in Celebration, FL.

Yes, you can tell the head server, but you'd do better to talk with the dining room manager or food service manager.

luvdisney24
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I noted it on the survey they had us fill out at the end of the cruise.

jcapizzi
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
subscribing

trekygirl26
03-18-2009, 01:12 PM
We are getting on the Magic this Saturday. I will try to remember to take pictures of each of the menu's and post them when we get back. I tried asking for the menu's on our cruise in Oct, but our head server told me that they don't give those out. Maybe this time i'll ask guest services and see what they say. It would be great to have the actual menu's to scan in and post.

lbgraves
03-18-2009, 01:30 PM
GS will give you copies of the menus if you ask or your head server can give you print outs of what they have in their folder that lists the ingredients. If you make this request the first night they will get it to you before the end of the cruise.

belle26
03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I just sailed on the Wonder this past weekend, and I have to say, I was also disappointed in the dining this time. It just didn't seem up to par as in past cruises I've done with Disney. Even our service team in the dining room was very poor - our drink glasses were empty most of the time and we were still waiting on our dessert in Triton's at 10:15pm. We almost missed the Pirate fireworks because they were so slow.

Palo's was excellent, as usual, and the service was phenominal!

Do you remember who your servers were? We had a similar experience a couple of cruises ago and were very disappointed. Just wondering if if could be the same guy because every other cruise has been just about perfect!

MouseGrandma
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
GS will give you copies of the menus if you ask or your head server can give you print outs of what they have in their folder that lists the ingredients. If you make this request the first night they will get it to you before the end of the cruise.

Can't wait to see someone's posting of the new menus! And I did not know that you can get menu copies at GS. Wonderful souvenir and also to show to friends to encourage them to sail with The Mouse!

epcotrulz
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
All three of our cruises (two four nights, 12 night Med) our servers have been excellent. If our servers weren't working out I think I would def ask to have my table switched. Has anyone else had an experience with this -- having their table switched?

jilljill
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I can tell you what I enjoyed.
The embarkation buffett was the same.
Parrott Cay- the rib-eye is still on the menu and that's what I got.
The chilled mango soup is still there and still very good.
Sorry I can't remember more about PC- I guess I was too excited to be on vacation.

Triton's lunch is the same.

For dinner at Triton's-
Appetizer- a new Duck Confit- very good if you like duck
Salad- a new citrus salad with oranges and avacodo and a citrus dressing. Very light and very good
Entree- Sea Bass over mashed potatoes with small pieces of onionand zuchinni with a blackberry sauce- YUMMO!! Best dish of the cruise.
Dessert- sampler plate of choc mousse and 2 others I can't remember- all very good.

AP-
Butternut Squash soup is still there and still de-lish!!
Entree- A new dish that is a short rib over mash potatoes. Very good and fork tender. Men ask for 2 ribs. Very meaty but you need 2.
Dessert was again a sampler of 3 desserts that were wonderful.

Sorry I can't remember all the details, but like I said, if you like good food, you will enjoy the new menus.
This was our 5th cruise.

Thanks so much. The sea bass sounds very, very good.
Looking forward to the new menus in June.

homespun
03-18-2009, 09:25 PM
subscribing:cool1:

Tink rules
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
If there is room then they can switch you... don't feel bad about it...

disneychic
03-19-2009, 06:36 AM
Patiently waiting to see those new menus...popcorn::

Fab5Family
03-19-2009, 07:44 AM

Just curious if the steak was also still available under "Lighter Fare" along with the chicken and salmon.

Dianatlol
03-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I was hoping they had a lighter menu for those who do a Low Carb Way of eating..

I am sure they all offer steaks and seafood!

Hello World!
03-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Just curious if the steak was also still available under "Lighter Fare" along with the chicken and salmon.

The Lighter Fare item are now noted by a Mickey Head with a chef hat on the regular menu.
The cruise line logo is the new notation for "Guest's Favorites".
That's funny because the guest's favorites were the new dishes.:)

TiggerTails57
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM

andrews_dad
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
6 pages and still no real info on the new menu? Hmm....

trekygirl26
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
6 pages and still no real info on the new menu? Hmm....

Like i said, i will be glad to post the menu's but i won't be back until the 28th. I'm dying to know what they are as well!!!

spacerangerqueen
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow I really thought someone would have posted the menus by now.
I just got off the Wonder this morning and assumed someone else would have posted by now. I took a few pics of the menus but nothing spectacular. Each restaurant now offers a 'Sweet Temptations' dessert trio which is really fun.

I really loved the s'mores cake at Parrot Cay

Here are the few pics I have:

Animator's Dessert:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder298.jpg

Parrot Cay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder352.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder353.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder371.jpg

Triton's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder685.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder686.jpg

Pirate Menu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder481.jpg

Desserts in Galley

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder623.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/SpaceRangerQueen/Wonder624.jpg

I know it's not much, sorry. Hopefully someone will come along with more info

DrD
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Let me be the first to say "thank you!!!"

Very much.

disneyfreak1
03-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I love the whole idea of a dessert trio! :banana:

nikkistevej
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks so much!!

spacerangerqueen
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Let me be the first to say "thank you!!!"

Very much.

You're welcome :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention that they didn't serve butter with any of the bread selections. They had different spreads at each restaurant. It was an olive spread at Triton's, garlic at Animator's and beans I think at Parrot Cay. I'm a huge butter fan so I didn't really like it. I asked for butter most nights, and got little containers a whipped spread which was ok, but not really butter.

disneychic
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
The dessert trio will definately make my DH happy! He never can decide so he ends up getting more than 1 anyway.

Jennigator3
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I am on the ship right now on my iPhone. Menus look great! Here are some changes I noticed:

Animators:
Potato samosas
Asian short ribs
Salmon in phyllo
"Mulan" gazpacho
Tuna tar tar

Tritons:
Duck confit
Sea bass
Lobster mac n cheese

Parrot is not up yet. Buffet was amazing, do not miss the strawberry soup.

Hope I helped!

Elphie&Me
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Here's hoping there is someone on board right now who will see this and take even more pics for us all. hehe. :cool1: :worship:

Thank you so much! It's like a preview before we see the entire movie. LOL.

Hello World!
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM

I also wanted to mention that they didn't serve butter with any of the bread selections. They had different spreads at each restaurant. It was an olive spread at Triton's, garlic at Animator's and beans I think at Parrot Cay. I'm a huge butter fan so I didn't really like it. I asked for butter most nights, and got little containers a whipped spread which was ok, but not really butter.

We thought the same thing on the first day until our breakfast server told us they still have the REAL butter.
Ask for the GOLD butter. THat's a high point of a disney cruise is the butter.

Timon
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM

OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why is there no Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie on the AP menu????????????????????

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad048.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad055.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org):sad:

skohrs
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM

I always had the dessert trio (Mine, DW's, DD's) :rotfl2:

lbgraves
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I always had the dessert trio (Mine, DW's, DD's) :rotfl2:

LOL! That's what I thought when I saw that. Nothing ever prevented someone from ordering more than one to begin with. ;)

carmie3377
03-19-2009, 12:36 PM

DD will be so disappointed. When we went over the previous menus together, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie was the one thing she has been talking about since.

brucechase
03-19-2009, 01:07 PM

DD will be so disappointed. When we went over the previous menus together, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie was the one thing she has been talking about since.

:furious:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm ready to cancel my cruise - I NEED chocolate peanut butter pie!!!!!

granmaz
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Me too!!!:laughing: I can never choose which dessert ot have. I always go and look at the dessert offering when first looking at a menu and go from there!!:lmao: :lmao:

spacerangerqueen
03-19-2009, 02:24 PM

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it really, but on the Galley tour they told us they would not be using any peanut or peanut butter products until the shoreside team approved them after the whole recall thing a few months ago.

jnadelman
03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I am on the ship right now on my iPhone. Menus look great! Here are some changes I noticed:

Animators:
Potato samosas
Asian short ribs
Salmon in phyllo
"Mulan" gazpacho
Tuna tar tar

Tritons:
Duck confit
Sea bass
Lobster mac n cheese

Lobster mac n cheese? I'm intrigued. Was that an entree or an appetizer?

skohrs
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it really, but on the Galley tour they told us they would not be using any peanut or peanut butter products until the shoreside team approved them after the whole recall thing a few months ago.

No Peanut Butter on the ship? That's nuts.:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Tink rules
03-19-2009, 02:47 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad048.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad055.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org):sad:

Don't worry Cass... I'm sure it will be back once they figure this Peanut butter thing out... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Timon
03-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't worry Cass... I'm sure it will be back once they figure this Peanut butter thing out... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I sure hope so Michelle ::yes:: :goodvibes

skohrs
03-19-2009, 03:26 PM

I'm guessing they won't "figure it out" by next Saturday. :sad2:

DrD
03-19-2009, 03:32 PM

Animators:
Potato samosas
Asian short ribs
Salmon in phyllo
"Mulan" gazpacho
Tuna tar tar

Tritons:
Duck confit
Sea bass
Lobster mac n cheese

Parrot is not up yet. Buffet was amazing, do not miss the strawberry soup.

Hope I helped!

Thanks! My son's 2 favorites are mac and cheese and lobster, he'll be excited.

Don't you love the iphone!!!?? I can't wait to use my GPS on the ship to know where we are and how fast we're going. it will be cool to see my track after running on deck, I guess it will be like a spiral from the ship moving?

DLW8
03-19-2009, 04:09 PM

Yum...the olive spread and garlic sound so yummy. I am all about the bread....can't wait to check out the cruise and the new menus at the end of the year!

epcotrulz
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Lobster mac n cheese? I'm intrigued. Was that an entree or an appetizer?

It looked like it was under main courses on the Triton's/Lumiere's Menu that was in the pic that was posted. I'm all over that!

john970
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I just got off the Wonder exactly one week ago (the last sailing with the old menus). I did have the peanut butter pie dessert, so I don't know why some people are saying there is no peanut butter on the ship... definitely NOT true.

ibouncetoo
03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
The Lighter Fare item are now noted by a Mickey Head with a chef hat on the regular menu.
The cruise line logo is the new notation for "Guest's Favorites".
That's funny because the guest's favorites were the new dishes.:)

These were probably items that were 'tested' on some of the special itineraries (Med and Panama Canal cruises). I'm hoping some of my 'new favorites' from the PC cruise are going to show up on the new menues.

They did the special breads with dipping sauces every night and some of them were great and some only OK (in my book anyway). We made sure to leat our servers know which we liked the most. :thumbsup2

Olga
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the review and heads up.
Whipped spread! :confused3 nope, that will never do. They will have to find me some "real butter", no substitutes.

john970
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
When I was on the Wonder last week (the last sailing with the old menus), I really enjoyed an ahi-seared tuna appetizer in parrot Cay. I hope that they did not get rid of this.

ALL of the chilled soups were great.

Also, I enjoyed all of the bread spreads each night. I didn't realize this was new... or have they always had this?

Olga
03-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Ever since I can remember they have had the bread spreads. I don't care for them, it's a trend and a lot of people do enjoy the spreads.

Timon
03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I just got off the Wonder exactly one week ago (the last sailing with the old menus). I did have the peanut butter pie dessert, so I don't know why some people are saying there is no peanut butter on the ship... definitely NOT true.

The reason I said it was because it's not on the new Animator's Palate menu that was posted.

Here is the old menu, which, according to your post, you ordered from...

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/523/46911ap4-med.jpg

Here is the new menu WITHOUT the PB pie...

Like some posters said, it might have been removed temporarily because of the PB recall.

smatterchu
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks so much for posting the sneak peak!! We're cruising on the 22nd, so we'll have more pictures or something to share -- but hopefully someone will be able to get some paper copies made, maybe... :wizard:

I'm looking forward to the new menu -- looks great from what I'm seeing...

spacerangerqueen
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
On the galley tour yesterday someone commented that they hadn't seen any peanut butter or peanut items and wanted to know if it was due to children and allergies. The chef responded by saying it was due to the recall. My DF commented that they had given him a container of peanuts with his margarita the day before :confused3 So who knows what's up with that?

The lobster mac and cheese is an entree. i had it last night. Here is a pic:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/2603_615933761656_1514184_38695082_1327269_n.jpg

It was more like lobster on pene with Alfredo sauce and I can't say too much about it as the boat was rocking so much I lost my appetite real quick and didn't eat too much, but it was the dish recommended by our server.

pjpoohbear
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
The recall was concerned with processed peanut product, like paste, oil and butters. So any whole peanuts would not be part of the concern for DCL.

Pj

4everluvDisney
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Subbing!!

DrD
03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
No Peanut Butter on the ship? That's nuts.:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Oh hey I just got that. haha.

mmackeymouse
03-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Awwwww.......no more strawberry shortcake? I have the feeling this will be the first of many disappointments of dishes I will miss due to the new menus.

The strawberry shortcake was pretty high up on my list, as it looked like good old fashioned strawberry shortcake. I only hope that I will be able to get it elsewhere on the boat.

I was also surprised to see such a fan favorite (PB Pie) off the menu.

rhondamccollough@hot
03-19-2009, 11:54 PM
On the galley tour yesterday someone commented that they hadn't seen any peanut butter or peanut items and wanted to know if it was due to children and allergies. The chef responded by saying it was due to the recall. My DF commented that they had given him a container of peanuts with his margarita the day before :confused3 So who knows what's up with that?

The lobster mac and cheese is an entree. i had it last night. Here is a pic:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/2603_615933761656_1514184_38695082_1327269_n.jpg

It was more like lobster on pene with Alfredo sauce and I can't say too much about it as the boat was rocking so much I lost my appetite real quick and didn't eat too much, but it was the dish recommended by our server.

That looks awesome!!! I wish I had some to try right now!LOL

lumpysluck
03-20-2009, 04:45 AM
is the Escargot app still there? my DD 11 Loved this

Is the seafood avacado wrapper still there as well?:confused:

lbgraves
03-20-2009, 05:58 AM
These are just from the 3 night cruise. The Magic's additional menus haven't been posted yet because they haven't gotten home from the first cruise with them.

RLccweems
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Awwwww.......no more strawberry shortcake? I have the feeling this will be the first of many disappointments of dishes I will miss due to the new menus.

The strawberry shortcake was pretty high up on my list, as it looked like good old fashioned strawberry shortcake. I only hope that I will be able to get it elsewhere on the boat.

I was also surprised to see such a fan favorite (PB Pie) off the menu.

I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way about the strawberry shortcake. It was one of my all time favorites as well.

perdidobay
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
is the Escargot app still there? my DD 11 Loved this

I want to know also... I love it too!

brucechase
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
For all those who will miss it (hopefully only temporarily) here is the chocolate peanut butter pie (it was my favorite of the cruise - and I did try all the deserts)

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87/bgchase1/IMG_1290.jpg

disneyfreak1
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
For all those who will miss it (hopefully only temporarily) here is the chocolate peanut butter pie (it was my favorite of the cruise - and I did try all the deserts)

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87/bgchase1/IMG_1290.jpg

Tease! :lmao:

mmackeymouse
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way about the strawberry shortcake. It was one of my all time favorites as well.

Well, I have not actually BEEN on a cruise, so I am pretty disappointed that I will not get to try it.

Hopefully, they will have it available somewhere on the ship.

I have no idea what a Strawberry Sable is, but I guarantee it ain't no Shortcake.

Tooth Fairy
03-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Are all the menus changing or just the reg. ones for each rest.?

TiggerTails57
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4443/strawberry-sable-tart

This looks good to me..........hope it's something like this popcorn::

mmackeymouse
03-20-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4443/strawberry-sable-tart

This looks good to me..........hope it's something like this popcorn::

Meh. Give me good old-fashioned dessert over fancy schmancy stuff any day of the week.

That is part of what has me worried about the new menus. We are pretty simple people, and the menus are a little too fru fru for our liking. But, after going over the menus, I think we were able to find some things that would suit us pretty well.

Now, with all of it changing, I am afraid all of our choices will be gone, and that they will amp up the fru fruness, making it even harder for us to find something to eat. I mean I don't want to eat the lighter fare every single night.

We'll see....

jilljill
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Meh. Give me good old-fashioned dessert over fancy schmancy stuff any day of the week.

That is part of what has me worried about the new menus. We are pretty simple people, and the menus are a little too fru fru for our liking. But, after going over the menus, I think we were able to find some things that would suit us pretty well.

Now, with all of it changing, I am afraid all of our choices will be gone, and that they will amp up the fru fruness, making it even harder for us to find something to eat. I mean I don't want to eat the lighter fare every single night.

We'll see....
Go on try the frou frou foods you might like them,
The best part of going on a cruise is trying foods you wouldn't try if you had to pay for each appetizer or entree. You can order it and if you don't like it you can order something else. Make it a point to try something new each night, you might be surprised at what you come to like. DH had never had lamb until we went on a cruise and he ordered it and found out he really likes it.

Kurby
03-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Mmmmmmm lamb - i love lamb and mint

mmackeymouse
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Go on try the frou frou foods you might like them,
The best part of going on a cruise is trying foods you wouldn't try if you had to pay for each appetizer or entree. You can order it and if you don't like it you can order something else. Make it a point to try something new each night, you might be surprised at what you come to like. DH had never had lamb until we went on a cruise and he ordered it and found out he really likes it.

Yeah, it is not that I am afraid to try things. I do not like seafood, but I may be open to trying the lobster mac and cheese.

But there are certain things I do not like, and certain things I refuse to eat. Lamb is one of them. Duck is another.

I am remaining hopeful until I see the menus.

disneyfreak1
03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, it is not that I am afraid to try things. I do not like seafood, but I may be open to trying the lobster mac and cheese.

But there are certain things I do not like, and certain things I refuse to eat. Lamb is one of them. Duck is another.

I am remaining hopeful until I see the menus.

Same here. I don't eat lamb, duck or goat cheese. I keep trying them, but I just don't like them.

DVC Mary
03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know if they will still have . . . .

Creme Brulee sp?

Escargot

These are my son's favorite cruise items.

Are these changes for both ships or just the Wonder?

THANKS!

mmackeymouse
03-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Same here. I don't eat lamb, duck or goat cheese. I keep trying them, but I just don't like them.

Well, if it is an animal I would see at a petting zoo or in a Disney movie, I generally steer clear.

Like, a baby sheep...........blech, I cannot even imagine. Or a bunny rabbit? :(

And echoing the above poster's sentiments, it would break my heart if they do not have creme brulee.

brucechase
03-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Well, if it is an animal I would see at a petting zoo or in a Disney movie, I generally steer clear.

Our petting zoo around here has cows and chickens. I couldn't miss out on a steak because I pet him. When I pet him, I'm just telling him to be nice an tasty.;)

mmackeymouse
03-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Our petting zoo around here has cows and chickens. I couldn't miss out on a steak because I pet him. When I pet him, I'm just telling him to be nice an tasty.;)

Touche. My mom had chickens when she was growing up. To this day, she will not eat chicken.

If I saw cows and pigs wandering around my back yard, I probably would not eat that either. And it is not like we are eating adult sheep. We are eating poor, defenseless little baby sheep. Why do we eat the babies and not the adults?

Sorry for getting this topic waaaaaaaaaay :offtopic: I was just trying to explain why me and my family are not fans of the fru fru food that comprise a lot of the current menus, and I am afraid it will get worse on the new ones.

I guess we'll know in the next couple of days.

emhinds
03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
We sailed on the wonder March 15-19. Overall we were very happy with the food. PC was our least favorite (of course this could have something to do with our ds requesting to be picked up from flounder's during the entree!). Appetizers - crab martinique and seared ahi tuna for dh. My husband loves seafood and had the mixed grill...okay. I had a few bites of ribeye (also okay) before I was called away. The servers were nice enough to pack up dessert to take back to our cabin...it was delish! Triton's had the escargot (dh favorite appetizer). I think he also had a shrimp appetizer. I had the french onion soup...excellent. DH had some fish and I had the tenderloin which was to die for (and I am not a huge meat eater!) Creme Brulee was definitely on the menu that night. Pirate night was dh favorite. He had a crab cakes (which the server brought him a second) and conch chowder. I had pot stickers (which were my favorite of the cruise). For entree dh had pasta with scallops and shrimp and red snapper (his absolute favorite of the cruise). I had sirloin of beef (which was actually a prime rib...too fatty for me). Animator's Palate was also good. DH had wild mushroom risotto (another fave) and tuna tartare. He had a five spice fish for an entree (which he really enjoyed) and our waiter brought us the samasos(sp?) to try. He was from India and this is an Indian dish. I had the black bean chipolte cakes (to the horror of our server who thought I should eat something with meat), but really enjoyed them. As you can see...we had tremendous service and really got to try a varied menu. I have sailed a lot of different lines and found this food to be comparable to most (though I have to admit Celebrity is exceptional!) As with earlier posters...I agree the trio of desserts was a great idea! Loved them! For those of you who are disappointed in the chocolate pb pie (I can understand it is my favorite combination of flavors ever :lovestruc ) give the cranberry orange cheesecake a try...wonderful.

hgon76
03-21-2009, 03:03 PM
okay, so the first group of people to get this new menu should be getting off the ship (Magic) today. I thought for sure at least one DISer would have posted something by now!;) Can't wait!!!!

Kurby
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
they are teasing us.

they are keeping it secret

i bet they want a bribe or something

mmackeymouse
03-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I am so anxious. On one hand, I am nervous to see what on my list of foods I was looking forward to I won't be able to have.

On the other, I am hoping/assuming this will be the last menu change before we sail, so I will definitely be able to pick out the dishes I plan to try.

leggoons
03-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Got off the Magic yesterday. Menus appeared to be the old menus. None of the new items described on the Wonder menus were available on the Magic this past week as I can best remember.

I did have the chocolate peanut butter pie in AP and it was wonderful.

Elphie&Me
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Got off the Magic yesterday. Menus appeared to be the old menus. None of the new items described on the Wonder menus were available on the Magic this past week as I can best remember.

OK, Now I'm confused. New Menu's on the Magic or no? :confused3

lbgraves
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM

That is good news!!! :) Perhaps they are just testing them on the Wonder. :confused3

Elphie&Me
03-22-2009, 06:07 PM
That is good news!!! :) Perhaps they are just testing them on the Wonder. :confused3

Interesting turn of events. :confused3

So far what I read I'm not to crazy about. Think I would be happy with things as they are.

:surfweb:

lbgraves
03-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Interesting turn of events. :confused3

So far what I read I'm not to crazy about. Think I would be happy with things as they are.

:surfweb:

Considering there are 10 pages on this thread, I am finding it a bit amusing to find out that there were not new menus on the Magic. I also haven't caref for anything that I have seen posted regarding the changes...but they will probably be changed before the WB TA. Maybe the dining room menus are being tweaked and if they get positive feedback on the Wonder will be transferred to the Magic with the other 4 menus remaining the same.

guate
03-22-2009, 06:36 PM

Hi Leggoons, read yu just got off the Magic. Our cruise is first week of April. Cud yu pls tell me if the water was too cold to get into at CC. Sorry about changing the subject!!!!!!!!!! Worried because we are a group of 13 and booked snorkeling. Wud hate to loose my money!! Thanks.

spoilmygurl
03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
I am slowly going crazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 SWITCH
Crazy going slowly am I
6 5 4 3 2 1 SWITCH

smeecanada
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't remember before, but in AP and Triton's, they now have a dessert sampler with 3 smaller versions of desserts for people who can't make up their mind, or want a taste of several.

Oh, I love this idea. I like several smaller desserts over one big one. Can't wait to try this.

RookieMouse
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM

LOL Exactly!! I have tried and enjoyed duck, and am even developing a taste for lamb. Whether or not an animal is in a petting zoo has no bearing on whether or not I will eat it. Our server on the Magic was great... on our Palo night, it was just the teens in the dining room, and he actually convinced them all to try the escargot. No idea how he managed that as our nephew is the pickiest eater ever... although he did try duck for the first time on the cruise.

In Animator's Palate, there were venison medallions on the menu and our server pointed to a picture of Bambi on the wall and said (out of earshot of the younger kids) "and this evening, Bambi is on the menu". And BTW, Bambi was delicious...;)

I am never afraid to try something new.... frufru food or not.

smeecanada
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I am never afraid to try something new.... frufru food or not.

I'm not a picky eater, but mainly used to the meat and potato normal fare. I'm pretty leary of stuff outside my comfort zone. On the EB REPO - I tried rositto (cann't wait to have it again), beef wellington, and king crab legs.

I, too was worried about how my picky family would do for 15 nights, but we managed quite fine. DS tried chicken 9 different ways. At least, if you really hate something - you can order something else at no charge - which we didn't have to do - thank goodness. There are so many food options - that if something doesn't work in the dining room - order room service or something from DECK 9. We had some kids at our table, so benefited from ordering off of their menu some times as well. I loved the little chocolate mousse that was on their dessert menu. Perfectly fine, just to order appies, or salad and not main course.

Txgirl1
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Ok, I have a couple of copies-photocopy-of a couple of the restaurants on the Wonder. If someone will tell me how to post them--simply, I will.

lbgraves
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
You need to have them posted in an account like photobucket.com. You can then link the image to the board just by copying the IMG link at the bottom of the four provided when you put the cursor on the uploaded image in your account.

Txgirl1
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok, I'll try this. Not sure if I'm using the right DPI, I've never uploaded a photo like this. :confused3

I just came off the Wonder on Sunday -3/22/09.

We had an unfortunate trip and ended up having to order room service for our meals. We didn't eat dinner in any of the restaurants but guest services gave us these menus to order from when we were selected Family of the cruise. (!!) Family of the cruise meant we could order room service from any of the restaurants and not just the normal room service menu. We also got special treats sent to our room every day.

So, these seem to be copies of copies and I apologize if they are hard to read. They are a bit fuzzy in real life. I cannot find my Triton menu and it may have been tossed by accident. Apologies also for the circles on the PC menu but it's what we ordered one nite. The rib-eye was good as was the cream of green asparagus. The bacon dressing on the PC salad was yummy-sweet and a bit tart with bacon in it. The PC Sweet temptations is just the right amount of sweets--good variety. The warm banana bread was dark banana bread-sweet.

We did not order from Animator's Palate. We choose instead Triton's. The only thing I really remember from Triton's is I did not care for the filet. I'm a TX girl and we know our beef. It was tender but had no flavor. Oh, and the shrimp cocktail was good. (although I prefer red sauce with my shrimp)

If these images are to large, please let me know.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalateMenu0309_96dpi.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/ParrotCayMenu0309_96dpi.jpg

Txgirl1
03-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Ok, I found another menu from Animator's and this is a bit clearer...Hope this all helps.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_appet_96.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_main96_.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_dessert_96dpi.jpg

jilljill
03-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Txgirl1, thanks so much for the menus.

disneynewbee
03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't think my bunch will eat anything on that animator's menu. O'well guess we can eat somewhere else that night.

mmackeymouse
03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Okay well so far, I am "okay" with the changes that have been made. There are a couple of things I am disappointed did not make the cut (strawberry shortcake, chicken cheddar fritters), but a lot of the menus did stay similar, so that is good. Look forward to seeing the rest.

Just a few questions. I noticed that the Light Fare just has a small mention. Is steak no longer offered? Only salmon or chicken? That may definitely be a problem with at least one of our party members.

On the dessert trios, do they have smaller portions of each item, or is it designed to be split between multiple people?

Finally, are they only changing the menus of the restaurant menus, and leaving the specialty menus the same, or are they changing all of them? For some reason, I was thinking they changed the Pirate Night menu not all that long ago.

Thanks for your help!

disneynewbee
03-24-2009, 09:37 AM
We were hoping steak would remain too, it's a good back up if there is nothing else we like, we love steak.

We Love Tinkerbell
03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Are the changes just a "test". I read that the Magic does not have new menus so I am wondering if these are permanent changes or just a trial. If they are a trial, how long will they leave the changes in the menu?

DisneyHobbit
03-24-2009, 09:54 AM
That Ahi Tuna Tartar looks goooooooood!!!! Hurry up 10 months!!:maleficen

Kay1
03-24-2009, 10:43 AM
We were hoping steak would remain too, it's a good back up if there is nothing else we like, we love steak.

Same here, though I don't eat meat. I told my son he could have steak every night. :scared1:

westjones
03-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I didn't see the vegetarian options like they used to have on their menus. There was always two selections. Are they no longer doing this?
Thanks,
DJ

lbgraves
03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Finally, are they only changing the menus of the restaurant menus, and leaving the specialty menus the same, or are they changing all of them? For some reason, I was thinking they changed the Pirate Night menu not all that long ago.

Thanks for your help!

Right now the menus have only changed on the Wonder so the menus on the Magic are the same as they have been.

Eeyore'sthebest
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I really hope that steak stays on the Lighter Fare for the Magic. My DD ate this at least 3 times and DH ordered it at least twice!!!

So if you're reading this Disney - KEEP THE STEAK ON THE LIGHTER FARE MENU!!!

Okay, I feel better now. :rotfl::rotfl:

Renysmom
03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I am sure there is more to the menu than what is shown.. DCL always takes care of vegetarians and light eaters.

There is actually not one complete thing I will eat on that menu, as written as each item has something I wont touch and no I wont experiment :) so I will just ask my server to mix and match. They did that on the Wonder for me with no problem at all.

goofygal1975
03-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Okay well so far, I am "okay" with the changes that have been made. There are a couple of things I am disappointed did not make the cut (strawberry shortcake, chicken cheddar fritters), but a lot of the menus did stay similar, so that is good. Look forward to seeing the rest.

Just a few questions. I noticed that the Light Fare just has a small mention. Is steak no longer offered? Only salmon or chicken? That may definitely be a problem with at least one of our party members.

On the dessert trios, do they have smaller portions of each item, or is it designed to be split between multiple people?

Thanks for your help!

Same here, though I don't eat meat. I told my son he could have steak every night. :scared1:

I hope the steak stays on as well (if they change the menus on the magic before May 23rd). we are somewhat picky eaters and like this as a back up, as well as the chicken. And my ds has just discovered his love of steak (which we only eat if we eat out somewhere) and he is really looking forward to eating it on the cruise. Will keep my eye out on the menues on future cruisers posts.

momoftwins
03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
DH will have a field day with these types of menus. He eats everything! Me, not so much. I am not a person that likes sauces and I don't eat seafood. I sure hope they have a good vegeratian selection and don't take out the lighter fare menus.

Are the menus on the Wonder and the Magic typically the same?

Thanks!

lbgraves
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
DH will have a field day with these types of menus. He eats everything! Me, not so much. I am not a person that likes sauces and I don't eat seafood. I sure hope they have a good vegeratian selection and don't take out the lighter fare menus.

Are the menus on the Wonder and the Magic typically the same?

Thanks!

They were until the Wonder got these new ones last week. The Magic's menus are linked in the FAQ thread. Once we get a copy of Triton's menu posted I will do the same with these.

DrD
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't think my bunch will eat anything on that animator's menu. O'well guess we can eat somewhere else that night.

did you see the chicken dish? or the pasta dish? both seem pretty pedestrian.

Txgirl1
03-24-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

The only one I can answer is the dessert trio is a very mini version of each of three desserts. Really enough for 1 person or 2 people if each takes only one bite.

We did not attend Pirates Nite so I have no idea about the menu.

Txgirl1
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Txgirl1, thanks so much for the menus.

Your welcome!:)

Dr.Girlfriend
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, I found another menu from Animator's and this is a bit clearer...Hope this all helps.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_appet_96.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_main96_.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/nikongirl_09/AnimatorsPalate2_dessert_96dpi.jpg

Sadly, I'm REALLY picky about food....and absolutely nothing on the main menu for Animators sounds good now. :(

Kurby
03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
i'm picky too - looks like chicken again that night. maybe that night will be our palo night and i won't have to worry.

i do like the tri-dessert though but i might have to figure something else out if that's our rotation dinner (non-palo night)

guate
03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Im curious, how are yu chosen family of the cruise??

disneynewbee
03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
did you see the chicken dish? or the pasta dish? both seem pretty pedestrian.

Ya but we have pasta and chicken at home all the time so not really looking forward to them on vacation. Steak we only eat when we eat out and we were looking forward to it. I'm not sweating it though there is lots more to be eaten on the ship if we don't like the menu. I'm curious to find out if anyone on the wonder was still able to get the steak though since the vegetarian stuff isn't listed but is obviously still available.

lillygator
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
what is different?

Txgirl1
03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Im curious, how are yu chosen family of the cruise??

I have no idea.:confused3 A lady in guest services (who was very nice) picked us--I think, I'm not sure how she came to choose us but we were very honored. The whole staff we dealt with were so very nice. To be honest, with all that was going on with us I never really took the time to go and talk with her to understand better how that happened. We just rolled with it.

kpadalik
03-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Ok, I'll try this. Not sure if I'm using the right DPI, I've never uploaded a photo like this. :confused3

I just came off the Wonder on Sunday -3/22/09.

We had an unfortunate trip and ended up having to order room service for our meals. We didn't eat dinner in any of the restaurants but guest services gave us these menus to order from when we were selected Family of the cruise. (!!) Family of the cruise meant we could order room service from any of the restaurants and not just the normal room service menu. We also got special treats sent to our room every day.

Why did you have to order room service for your meals? Sorry if I'm being too nosy.:rolleyes1

mmackeymouse
03-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Sadly, I'm REALLY picky about food....and absolutely nothing on the main menu for Animators sounds good now. :(

I tend to feel the same way. Animators looks like a good night for us to have supper in Topsiders. Unfortunately, we have never sailed before, and don;t want to miss the light show.

Mickey_loves_Minnie
03-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I didn't see the vegetarian options like they used to have on their menus. There was always two selections. Are they no longer doing this?
Thanks,
DJ

Ya but we have pasta and chicken at home all the time so not really looking forward to them on vacation. Steak we only eat when we eat out and we were looking forward to it. I'm not sweating it though there is lots more to be eaten on the ship if we don't like the menu. I'm curious to find out if anyone on the wonder was still able to get the steak though since the vegetarian stuff isn't listed but is obviously still available.

Looks to me like the vegetarian stuff is put with the rest of the entrees, not being separated from the others and labeled as vegetarian like they were doing before. For example, on the AP menu, the samosas and the black bean cakes look like vegetarian entrees to me. So I wouldn't assume that steak is available. :( It might well be available, though.

lbgraves
03-25-2009, 06:42 AM
what is different?

If you compare them to the menus still on the Magic that are linked in the FAQ there are many new dishes and old favorites missing now on the Wonder.

disneychic
03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Txgirl1 -- do you have the new menu for Triton's? Thanks again for posting the new menus. It is greatly appreciated!

lbgraves
03-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I asked this and she does not have this menu...may have been thrown out on the ship.

WDWKevin
03-25-2009, 09:20 AM

The Penne Pasta sounds ick but is AMAZING! My server brought me a sample one night and now I am hooked. You should try it. It did not appeal to me at all from reading the menu, but... OMG!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing.:worship::worship:

lbgraves
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
The Penne Pasta sounds ick but is AMAZING! My server brought me a sample one night and now I am hooked. You should try it. It did not appeal to me at all from reading the menu, but... OMG!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing.:worship::worship:

You had the old menus on the Magic though, right? I think they are referring to the new menu on the Wonder. :confused3

ETA: Just looked it up and that seems to be one thing that is the same.

Dr.Girlfriend
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Hmm. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Or the lemon type chicken sounds good. I guess they no longer have the bacon wrapped steak, or is that still considered "lighter fare"?

Dr.Girlfriend
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, and thank goodness they still have the butternut squash soup...I would have been really disappointed if that disappeared! ;)

DrD
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
also, I've been on several cruises (well OK 7 but who's counting!) and my experience is that they are VERY accomodating, and will make you just about anything reasonable. While I've not yet been on Disney, I would guess they are the same. I would wager that if you told the head waiter the first night that you wanted steak every night that you would have it.

carmie3377
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
also, I've been on several cruises (well OK 7 but who's counting!) and my experience is that they are VERY accomodating, and will make you just about anything reasonable. While I've not yet been on Disney, I would guess they are the same. I would wager that if you told the head waiter the first night that you wanted steak every night that you would have it.

DD10 is very picky with adult food but loves Mahi Mahi and likes a few other fish. She asked me the other day if she could have it every night and I told her to just tell the server how much she liked and perhaps they'd be able to accommodate her. If not, she'll probably just be eating chicken strips and mac'n'cheese the whole week. Oh, well, at least she won't go hungry.

TraciM
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh, and thank goodness they still have the butternut squash soup...I would have been really disappointed if that disappeared! ;)

:worship:
I also loved the Pumpkin Curry(think thats what it is called) soup. I hope they still have that.

Elphie&Me
03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Just a double check. Magic old menus still right? :confused3

swandiverpatt
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
DD10 is very picky with adult food but loves Mahi Mahi and likes a few other fish. She asked me the other day if she could have it every night and I told her to just tell the server how much she liked and perhaps they'd be able to accommodate her. If not, she'll probably just be eating chicken strips and mac'n'cheese the whole week. Oh, well, at least she won't go hungry.

On the Wonder, one of my favorite meals is the grouper with lemon/shrimp sauce on mashed potatoes/cauliflower -- you'd never know there was cauliflower in there. I think your DD may like that, too. Very mild fish.

I'm glad to see the butternut squash soup still on the menu, too, and very excited about the ahi tuna and tuna tartare - -though it'll probably be December before we cruise again!

lbgraves
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Just a double check. Magic old menus still right? :confused3

As of the 3/14/09 cruise...yes.

carmie3377
03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
On the Wonder, one of my favorite meals is the grouper with lemon/shrimp sauce on mashed potatoes/cauliflower -- you'd never know there was cauliflower in there. I think your DD may like that, too. Very mild fish.

Thanks, I'll have to encourage her to give it a try! Which menu is it on?

MouseGrandma
03-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Somebody please, PLEASE, post some pix of the new food items - especially the dessert samplers!!!!!!!!!!

guate
03-25-2009, 11:31 PM
My DH shud not eat salt or little of it. Does anyone know what we need to do to ask for food without it in the restaurants and will it cost us anything?

jilljill
03-25-2009, 11:34 PM
My DH shud not eat salt or little of it. Does anyone know what we need to do to ask for food without it in the restaurants and will it cost us anything?

You will need to fill out the medical form and fax it to DCL 14 days before your sailing. You can access the medical form from DCL's website.
There's no extra cost involved.

swandiverpatt
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks, I'll have to encourage her to give it a try! Which menu is it on?

The grouper is still on the Parrot Cay menu.

smatterchu
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Just got home this morning :cloud9: -- if someone will tell me what menus we are missing (if any), I will scan and post. I have a ton of laundry and don't have time to go back through and read AND scan stuff... I went to Guest Services and got copies of all the menus -- including the Pirate Night one (which may be the same as before, not sure)....

Thanks to those who have already posted some menus!! :thumbsup2

kcashner
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM

She can have it at least every night that it is being served in any restaurant. For instance, if it is normally served as part of the Parrot Cay rotational menu, you will be able to get it on the 3 rotational nights. If you let them know ahead, they might be able to fix it on additional nights.

We Love Tinkerbell
03-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Smatterchu

Thank you for offering to post the menus even with all the laundry :woohoo:
I have not seen the menu for Tritons or the Pirate Night. Whenever you get a chance, those would be great.

Have fun with the laundry:laundy:

fahernand
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
if someone will tell me what menus we are missing (if any), I will scan and post

So far, all we seen is Animators Palate's menu

Thanks inadvance....

lbgraves
03-26-2009, 09:37 PM
So far, all we seen is Animators Palate's menu

Thanks inadvance....

Parrot Cay's menu is in the same post with the first AP menu. :)

carmie3377
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
She can have it at least every night that it is being served in any restaurant. For instance, if it is normally served as part of the Parrot Cay rotational menu, you will be able to get it on the 3 rotational nights. If you let them know ahead, they might be able to fix it on additional nights.

Thanks! We'll let them know and maybe they can help us.

mmackeymouse
03-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Any word on the steak?

tngal
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Any word on the steak?

I am wondering about this too now. My DH ate steak every night and was on
cloud nine!!

Lisa

ksoehrlein
03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok, I have a couple of copies-photocopy-of a couple of the restaurants on the Wonder. If someone will tell me how to post them--simply, I will.
Hey, Viv, I thought I was the only one who brought menus back from our cruise! The Head Server thought I was nuts when I asked, but he gave me photocopies of all the menus.

Smatterchu, I take it you're going to upload Triton's and Pirate Night? I'll check and see if the Head Server included Palo in our batch of copies. If so, I'll scan that over the weekend and will upload it here.

smeecanada
03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Smatterchu, I take it you're going to upload Triton's and Pirate Night? I'll check and see if the Head Server included Palo in our batch of copies. If so, I'll scan that over the weekend and will upload it here.

I would love to see a Palo menu. Thank you in advance, for uploading if you have it.

lbgraves
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
You can see the Palo menu here. :)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/onboard/dining/detail?name=PaloLandingPage

swandiverpatt
03-28-2009, 09:32 AM
My daughter got back from her first 4-day cruise (3/22/09), and only brought back the Pirate's Night Menu. I typed it up for friends and family to drool over, so here goes:

APPETIZERS

Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cakes (with a Golden Raisin, Carrot and Coconut Slaw served with a spicy Calypso Dressing

Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" (Oriental Pork Dumplings, deep pried and served with a Tamarind-Ginger Soy Sauce & Pickled Vegetables)

The Bucaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple (Fresh island pineapple with a coconut-crusted banana and orange glaze)

Pearls of the Caribbean (Crabmeat, shrimp & smoked salmon mixed in parls of couscous with lemongrass-infused vinaigrette)

SOUPS & SALADS

Chilled to the Bone Honeydew Melon and Watermelon Soup

Caribbean-Style Conch Chowder (with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits)

Jerk Chicken Salad (Jerk-seasoned chicken strips over fresh greens with a citrus dressing and plantain chips)

Mr. Smee's Bibb Lettuce Salad (Bibb lettuce, baby greens, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette)

MAIN COURSES

Castaway Chicken Breast (rubbed with pirate island spice, rice & beans and fried okra on rich spiced glaze)

Captain Swann's Red Snapper (marinated with garlic & tomatoes, covered with black & green olives on top of wild rice and a light herb sauce)

Treasure of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops (served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce)

Jack Sparrow's Musked Smoked Pork Ribs (rubbed spare ribs with guava BBQ sauce served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip)

Sunken Vegetable Treasure (black-eyed pea and quinoa croquettes with a mushroom sauce)

Captain Hook's Macadamia Nut-Dusted Mahi-Mahi (jasmine rice and sauteed pineapple with mild curry sauce)

The Dutchman's Roasted Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef (with roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze)

Tiger Lilie's Savory Pancakes (with tofu, spinach, on a pool of red-pepper coulis)

DESSERTS

Pirates of the Caribbean Sweet Temptations (trio of shiver-me-timbers white chocolate cheesecake, rum barbossa, walk the triple layered chocolate gangplant cake) (small samples of each)

Shiver-me-Timbers White Chocolate Cheese cake (on a macadamia barnacle bottom)

Floating Island of Tropical Fruit Treasures (meringue chest filled with tropical fruit and berries surrounded by a vanilla sauce)

Walk the Triple Layered Chocolate Gangplank Cake (with dark chocolate sauce)

Rum Barbossa (Captain Barbossa's own recipe of the famous desert Rum Baba)

The Calypso Ice Cream Sundae (containing rum & raisin ice cream, Caribbean cake and a rum-caramel sauce.

No Sugar Added desserts: Mango Mousse Cake (cream and mango compote) and Coconut Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce

trekygirl26
03-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Just got off the magic today. The menus are the same. Only the wonder has the new menus but the magic will get them in June. This is according to our head server. The peanut butter pie and escargo were still on the menu.

perdidobay
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Just got off the magic today. The menus are the same. Only the wonder has the new menus but the magic will get them in June. This is according to our head server. The peanut butter pie and escargo were still on the menu.

Thank you for the info :)

mmackeymouse
03-28-2009, 11:46 AM
My daughter got back from her first 4-day cruise (3/22/09), and only brought back the Pirate's Night Menu. I typed it up for friends and family to drool over, so here goes:

APPETIZERS

Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cakes (with a Golden Raisin, Carrot and Coconut Slaw served with a spicy Calypso Dressing

Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" (Oriental Pork Dumplings, deep pried and served with a Tamarind-Ginger Soy Sauce & Pickled Vegetables)

The Bucaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple (Fresh island pineapple with a coconut-crusted banana and orange glaze)

Pearls of the Caribbean (Crabmeat, shrimp & smoked salmon mixed in parls of couscous with lemongrass-infused vinaigrette)

SOUPS & SALADS

Chilled to the Bone Honeydew Melon and Watermelon Soup

Caribbean-Style Conch Chowder (with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits)

Jerk Chicken Salad (Jerk-seasoned chicken strips over fresh greens with a citrus dressing and plantain chips)

Mr. Smee's Bibb Lettuce Salad (Bibb lettuce, baby greens, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette)

MAIN COURSES

Castaway Chicken Breast (rubbed with pirate island spice, rice & beans and fried okra on rich spiced glaze)

Captain Swann's Red Snapper (marinated with garlic & tomatoes, covered with black & green olives on top of wild rice and a light herb sauce)

Treasure of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops (served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce)

Jack Sparrow's Musked Smoked Pork Ribs (rubbed spare ribs with guava BBQ sauce served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip)

Sunken Vegetable Treasure (black-eyed pea and quinoa croquettes with a mushroom sauce)

Captain Hook's Macadamia Nut-Dusted Mahi-Mahi (jasmine rice and sauteed pineapple with mild curry sauce)

The Dutchman's Roasted Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef (with roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze)

Tiger Lilie's Savory Pancakes (with tofu, spinach, on a pool of red-pepper coulis)

DESSERTS

Pirates of the Caribbean Sweet Temptations (trio of shiver-me-timbers white chocolate cheesecake, rum barbossa, walk the triple layered chocolate gangplant cake) (small samples of each)

Shiver-me-Timbers White Chocolate Cheese cake (on a macadamia barnacle bottom)

Floating Island of Tropical Fruit Treasures (meringue chest filled with tropical fruit and berries surrounded by a vanilla sauce)

Walk the Triple Layered Chocolate Gangplank Cake (with dark chocolate sauce)

Rum Barbossa (Captain Barbossa's own recipe of the famous desert Rum Baba)

The Calypso Ice Cream Sundae (containing rum & raisin ice cream, Caribbean cake and a rum-caramel sauce.

No Sugar Added desserts: Mango Mousse Cake (cream and mango compote) and Coconut Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce

Everything looks mostly the same. I am disappointed that they got rid of the pasta envelopes, but thrilled that the pineapple is still on the menu.

One thing I am really disappointed in is the replacement of the Black Pearl Tenderloin with the Sirloin. I never had it, so those who have would have to inform me on this, but it seems to me like they are cheapening the meat entree. I guess to me, going from tenderloin to sirloin seems like quite a bit of a "downgrade." Of course, I am not a fan of Dijon, so I am a bit biased in my assesment of the new entree. I don't have a problem with adding dishes or modifying recipes, but when you cheapen the menu, that is what makes me a little sad.

I was just really surprised to see the tenderloin replaced, as I was under the impression that it was a pretty popular dish. Kind of like the PB Pie, it is one of those things that is going to have us asking....."Huh?"

MissScarlet
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
If you go on the 3 night cruise, do you still have the pirate menu for the 2nd night. Does this mean you miss one of the restaurants' standard menu? Thanks.

samily
03-28-2009, 01:58 PM
If you go on the 3 night cruise, do you still have the pirate menu for the 2nd night. Does this mean you miss one of the restaurants' standard menu? Thanks.

No, on the 3 night you will get the regular rotational menu on pirate night.

jajomo0118
03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
DH is a very very picky eater, and he'll just order off the kids menu if nothing appeals to him. I also hope they keep/bring back the steak. It is a saviour...btw..he hates chicken too but will eat it... I know for a fact he will not eat it everynight!!! So that doesn't help that it is still there. And telling picky eaters to JUST TRY IT...does not work!!! thats like telling a person afraid of heights to go skydiving...LMAO

aristocats_lover
03-28-2009, 02:28 PM
DH is a very very picky eater, and he'll just order off the kids menu if nothing appeals to him. I also hope they keep/bring back the steak. It is a saviour...btw..he hates chicken too but will eat it... I know for a fact he will not eat it everynight!!! So that doesn't help that it is still there. And telling picky eaters to JUST TRY IT...does not work!!! thats like telling a person afraid of heights to go skydiving...LMAO

ITA! Of course for me it's a texture thing. Now that I'm an adult I try a lot of new things, but still have had to spit stuff out.:rotfl: If it's to mushy, stringy, etc I actually feel like I am going to hurl. So no, "just trying" anything doesn't always work.

And my husband was really looking foward to steak! He works at a high end steak house and loves steak.

jajomo0118
03-28-2009, 03:46 PM
ITA! Of course for me it's a texture thing. Now that I'm an adult I try a lot of new things, but still have had to spit stuff out.:rotfl: If it's to mushy, stringy, etc I actually feel like I am going to hurl. So no, "just trying" anything doesn't always work.

And my husband was really looking foward to steak! He works at a high end steak house and loves steak.

:rotfl::rotfl:

audrey2580
03-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry if I missed it but does anyone have the new Tritons menu?

lbgraves
03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
It has not been posted yet.

djstweety
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Thanks so much for posting this

djstweety
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I saw someone mention about the steak not being flavorful.

I think I know why...In December we ate at GF. We all ordered the steak.

We all noticed the steak, just didn't taste right. So we asked to speak to the chef. He informed us the steak was from Australia. They had just recently switched the supplier.

So when I got back, I asked my DSL about this, since he is from Australia.
He says the difference is they are free range, so they eat anything. Not like the US which are usually fed.

pcryan
03-29-2009, 11:38 PM
We just returned late last night from the 4 night Wonder and then two nights at DW. Not impressed with the food on the ship compared to our previous 3 Disney cruises. We thought maybe we had just been expecting too much but then after eating dinner at the Brown Derby and Cinderella's Castle we don't think so. Much better dinners, even if we had to pay!

We felt the selections had too many ingredients and flavors going on. Halibut entree also had clams and mussels. I just wanted halibut. The night I had salmon it was wrapped in spinach and phyllo and came on fava beans and green pea ragout and had 4 little potato cubes. It was very rich for a salmon entree. We were last on the Wonder in Oct of 07 so I compared the two menus from pirate's nights.

Example: Soups & Salads Course "Mr. Smee's Bib Lettuce"

07--with Baby Greens and Raspberry Vinaigrette
09--with Bibb Lettuce, Baby Greens, Chicory, Tomatoes, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Raspbeery Vinaigrette

Didn't like it, only took a few bites! I thought the portions were too large to enjoy all the courses. We were on a Holland America cruise last spring and I realized how much more I enjoyed the food. Missing are the "less is more" options.

DD18 is a bit of a picky eater and was looking forward to the steaks--not available. They made her feel kind of bad when she said all she wanted was a caeser salad--never available. DD22 is a vegetarian and she didn't have too bad of a time but had to be creative. At Palo's she ordered risotta but the server insisted she have the pasta and brought her a large dish of that and a side dish of the risotta (she liked it better) and a lot of food went to waste.

Missed having real butter on the table and didn't enjoy the bread choices. Never saw a baked potato option. On Pirates night it said the bread was "Johnny Cake" but we got the same bread from the night before.

The cream brulee was "passion fruit" flavored--just not right! Never saw a fresh strawberry. Servers were all great. And yes, I have already written a letter to DCL with our thoughts!

Cruise
03-29-2009, 11:53 PM

I agree with this. The new Animator's menu looks... uck... to me. Certainly nothing that would inspire me to go to a 2 hour dinner for it. Unfortunately, our next cruise will likely be with my in-laws.. their first DCL cruise. So we'd have to do Animator's for the show. :sad2:

tngal
03-30-2009, 08:55 AM
OH NO!!!:eek::eek: This is NOT good! My DH would only eat the steak and I don't see it on the menu anymore...Hopefully he'll be open and try something else:scared:

Lisa

DaveH
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
We are sailing on the Magic in May. I hope they keep this stuff on the Wonder. We are paying too much for no choice.

disneychic
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, we are sailing next week and our friends who are vegetarians are sailing with us (first timers) so, I'm glad to see that there are some new vegetarian dishes on the menu ...... not that I'd ever try "spicy potato and pea samosas" :confused3

mmackeymouse
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Example: Soups & Salads Course "Mr. Smee's Bib Lettuce"

07--with Baby Greens and Raspberry Vinaigrette
09--with Bibb Lettuce, Baby Greens, Chicory, Tomatoes, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Raspbeery Vinaigrette

Didn't like it, only took a few bites! I thought the portions were too large to enjoy all the courses. We were on a Holland America cruise last spring and I realized how much more I enjoyed the food. Missing are the "less is more" options.

DD18 is a bit of a picky eater and was looking forward to the steaks--not available. They made her feel kind of bad when she said all she wanted was a caeser salad--never available. DD22 is a vegetarian and she didn't have too bad of a time but had to be creative. At Palo's she ordered risotta but the server insisted she have the pasta and brought her a large dish of that and a side dish of the risotta (she liked it better) and a lot of food went to waste.

Missed having real butter on the table and didn't enjoy the bread choices. Never saw a baked potato option. On Pirates night it said the bread was "Johnny Cake" but we got the same bread from the night before.

The cream brulee was "passion fruit" flavored--just not right! Never saw a fresh strawberry. Servers were all great. And yes, I have already written a letter to DCL with our thoughts!

Oh noooooooooo. I pray that this was a fluke, because it sounds pretty disappointing.

Did you guys ask about the steak, and were told it was no longer available? And they won't get you just a plain Caesar salad or baked potato or white rice like in the past? Those dishes were gonna be our saving grace. I am definitely concerned now.

Why would there be no butter on the table?

Well, hopefully nothing is set in stone yet, and if they receive enough feedback, they'll make changes. I myself am considering writing a letter.

DCLMan
03-31-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm looking forward to these new menus. I enjoy trying new things and this is the perfect opportunity.

Roll on 18/10/09!

smatterchu
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey y'all,

Sorry it has taken so long to get scanned....looks like it's cut off, but the second page has the rest...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/smatterchu/triton01-1.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/smatterchu/export_triton02-1.jpg

disneychic
03-31-2009, 11:02 AM
THANK YOU :worship:

Dr.Girlfriend
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh noooooooooo. I pray that this was a fluke, because it sounds pretty disappointing.

Did you guys ask about the steak, and were told it was no longer available? And they won't get you just a plain Caesar salad or baked potato or white rice like in the past? Those dishes were gonna be our saving grace. I am definitely concerned now.

Why would there be no butter on the table?

Well, hopefully nothing is set in stone yet, and if they receive enough feedback, they'll make changes. I myself am considering writing a letter.

I'm crossing my fingers that they'll bring back the steak options. And hopefully the filet will stay in Palo!

dr&momto2boys
03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I haven't read everything, but from what I've read I'm disappointed. I don't consider myself an extremely picky eater, but I don't eat seafood, mushrooms, duck, or veal. I don't look forward to chicken very often. Maybe once on the cruise. It looks like they're cheaping out with their new menus. I don't think it's a good move with DCL being so much more expensive than other cruise lines. Food is one of the main attractions of the cruise.

seafarer71
03-31-2009, 05:05 PM
I agree with the above post. I like almost any food, but it is evident that DCL has "cheapened" the menu. It doesn't take a chef to compare the old and new menus and see where they have cut costs. Time will tell if this was a wise decision.....my guess is that it will not be.

Mamiamjo
03-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm not too psyched by the new menu either. I would like the steak option to remain as well

lbgraves
03-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone who does not like the looks of the new menu and the fact that DCL has left steak off as an option each night needs to email DCL. They have listened to guests in the past from email campaigns...reversed the added charge to go through the PC, returned the CB to the format where the characters come around to the tables and do pictures and autographs, and even the type of music that was playing in the halls outside the staterooms at one point.

Dr.Girlfriend
03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm happy to see the beef tenderloin is still at Triton's...that was always pretty good!

stingmom
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
When we cruised in Jan on the Magic, the chef said the menus were changing only on the Wonder, not the Magic (I guess to try them out there.)

Smileneyes
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Anyone who does not like the looks of the new menu and the fact that DCL has left steak off as an option each night needs to email DCL. They have listened to guests in the past from email campaigns...reversed the added charge to go through the PC, returned the CB to the format where the characters come around to the tables and do pictures and autographs, and even the type of music that was playing in the halls outside the staterooms at one point.

Lisa...thank you for the excellent job you continue to do on the boards. I'm sure it is hard work, and you certainly should be recognized for your efforts.

I agree 100% that those who are concerned about the menu changes should voice their opinions to DCL. Having just e-mailed them with my opinions, I encourage others to follow suit.

disneynewbee
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Didn't the old Triton menu have a venison dish? I thought I read that and had dh looking forward to it and I don't see it. :confused3

lbgraves
03-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Didn't the old Triton menu have a venison dish? I thought I read that and had dh looking forward to it and I don't see it. :confused3

The current Lumiere's menu on the Magic has been said to be similar to the Triton's menu before the change. They are linked in the FAQ under menus if there is a specific dish that you are looking for. :)

jennimomx2
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
my mouth is already watering.. it looks yummy!

disneynewbee
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
The current Lumiere's menu on the Magic has been said to be similar to the Triton's menu before the change. They are linked in the FAQ under menus if there is a specific dish that you are looking for. :)

Ahh I found it it's on a different menu, one we won't have on the 4 night.

Carys
04-01-2009, 02:19 AM
This will be my first Disney cruise so I won't have a previous one to compare it to. Without checking to see what the previous menus were like however, these menus all sound pretty delicious to me. Samosas, orange cranberry cheesecake, bring it all on! :) Hopefully the food quality won't fall short of the descriptions. I'm trying not to build the cruise up too much in my mind so I'm still blown away by the actual experience!

Elphie&Me
04-01-2009, 03:15 AM

OK, Now I'm lost again. LOL. Have the Magics menus change at all from last years or no? (Hoping they have not made any change)
:confused3

mmackeymouse
04-01-2009, 07:58 AM

I actually thought about maybe starting some sort of petition or petitionary thread, but I do not want to be labeled an alarmist or whiner. I was just thinking those kinds of things may get more participation from people that don't have the time/motivation to contact DCL but are still upset with the changes.

Don't get me wrong. When it comes to the changes on the menus, I see some positive things and some negative things. There are dishes that I am disappointed did not make it onto the new menus, and there are also some dishes that I am excited to try.

My concern is really just for my family, who are ten times pickier than I am. I assured them that basic options would be available to them, and I am afraid, I will not be able to make good on it. I could easily see them choosing to eat at the buffet every night, and leaving myself and my sister to eat in the dining room. And, it makes me sad to think that we would not all be eating together.

I don't know if you saw one of the earlier poster's posts, but she mentioned that getting the basic sides that have always been available, like simple salad and baked potato, is no longer an option. I don't know if white rice and french fries, etc etc are included in this change. I really hope that her unfortunate experience was an isolated incident, and hope to hear from people in the coming weeks, whether getting a basic side has been a problem or not.

Also, I noticed the dessert part of the menu was not posted. Anyone have that?

loveysbydesign
04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Any food that I don't have to cook myself, that is served to me still warm, is edible and I can eat without having to get up 50 times to get my kids something is good eats to me.....yummy, can't wait!

lbgraves
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
OK, Now I'm lost again. LOL. Have the Magics menus change at all from last years or no? (Hoping they have not made any change)
:confused3

The Magic's menus are the same as they were last summer and the menus are posted from August 2008. Rumor is that they will changed in June 2009.

The Wonder's menus have all changed as of 3/2/2009.

TraciM
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Any food that I don't have to cook myself, that is served to me still warm, is edible and I can eat without having to get up 50 times to get my kids something is good eats to me.....yummy, can't wait!

AMEN!:worship:

Renysmom
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
If the Magic's menus change to there being nothing I will eat, I will just go to the DR with my family, greet our server as always, let my family order and then go to the buffet and bring back a plate of what I will eat and eat with my family.. I shouldn't have to do that, but for what I am paying I will not be forced to eat food I don't like

Dr.Girlfriend
04-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm not going to write and complain about it....even though I'm picky, I'll probably still try it. Besides, I can order room service later if I'm hungry...right? ;) Hehehe.

Elphie&Me
04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
The Magic's menus are the same as they were last summer and the menus are posted from August 2008. Rumor is that they will changed in June 2009.

The Wonder's menus have all changed as of 3/2/2009.

May 2nd Western. Were safe then. Yes! :banana:

The new menu reviews don't really do anything for me. I'll be happy to have the old ones one last time.

lbgraves
04-02-2009, 06:00 AM
If the Magic's menus change to there being nothing I will eat, I will just go to the DR with my family, greet our server as always, let my family order and then go to the buffet and bring back a plate of what I will eat and eat with my family.. I shouldn't have to do that, but for what I am paying I will not be forced to eat food I don't like

I am hoping that they will change again before the TA. There isn't a buffet for dinner at DCL. You can hit the fast food places on deck 9 or order off the menu at Topsider's. I am interested to know if they are offering steak on the menu still there. ????