PDA

View Full Version : Wdw And Usf/ioa Fans Which Do You See First Or Do You Mix The Parks??


Disney Talker
06-01-2002, 05:01 PM
For all my fellow dual WDW and Universal parks fans. Which do you see first, do you do one set of parks and then go see the other or do you intermix the two sets of parks???



We like to intermix then, it is gives us more variety that way, a couple days at Disney, then a Universal park day, then a couple of Disney days and a Universal day.

WebmasterBarry
06-01-2002, 08:33 PM
I think I'm the opposite of everyone else. Usually, people send 90% of their time at WDW and 10% at Universal, Sea World, BGT, Gatorland, etc. I spend 90% of my time at Universal and the other parks and 10% at WDW.

Meriweather
06-01-2002, 11:36 PM
We mix them.....
Couple days WDW, day usf, couple days WDW, day IOA, couple days WDW.......

UKDEB
06-02-2002, 03:50 AM
We mix them too. We shall be there for 3 weeks this October. We are staying at a rental home in Kissimmee, but planning a two night stay at HRH during our second week. Obviously we shall be sticking to US and IoA whilst we are at HRH, but we'll also spend some more time there during the other two weeks, all mixed up with WDW, Sea World, etc.

We mix up our time at the parks, too. For example we might spend a morning at Animal Kingdom, back to the villa late afternoon and then to Epcot for IllumiNations during the evening. And the same with the two Universal parks.

We're Annual Passholders for both WDW and Universal and I would thoroughly recommend it - it gives you so much flexibility and you never feel that you've got to stay at a park from opening until closing to get your money's worth.

Cindy B
06-02-2002, 03:54 AM
I guess My family is like Barry.

Last trip we spent 99% at Universal/Sea World/IOA

The only Disney thing we did was go to Downtown Disney and ride the monorail.

IN August we are doing the same thing. The price difference is tickets is amazing!

WebmasterBarry
06-02-2002, 01:39 PM
The only reason why I go to WDW is to ride RnR Coaster and TOT. I'll head to AK and do Primeval Whril too.

the Legend
06-03-2002, 05:04 AM
always treated them as two separate vacations because of the way I plan it.

I have always gone 1+ weeks at WDW staying on-site and enjoying all the magic of staying in-World. I then make the shift to HRH or as the case maybe this Fall, PBH and spend a week doing USF, IOA, SWF and BGT.

Actually my first Orlando park was IOA. And my very first visit was a solo Commando-style episode from an off-site hotel. After that trip, I learned ALOT (vowed never to stay off-site again, will always rent a car now, would never go solo again, plan better with more flexiblitiy and rest more, eat better, GOOD WALKING SHOES (enough said), Room Key@Universal is GOOD! etc.)

I have always saved IOA/Universal for last because of the proximity to Citywalk and the hotels, Great Nightlife and a unforgettable experience at the Groove (but thats another story :D )

This year, we (brother and I) are doing WDW, BGT, IOA, SWF, USF in 11 days (8/3 split) then onto LA for DLR, Knotts and SFMM (3/1/1 split). Cant wait for September!

crazyme5kids
06-03-2002, 07:05 AM
On our trip, we spent 2 days at Universal/Ioa, 4 at Disney, 1 at Discovery Cove, 1 at Sea World and had 4 days down time. Our next trip is a short one (6 nights) and having learned from the other trip, will spend the bulk of our time at Universal. We might do one non-Universal day, but not to one of the other parks listed above. Maybe we will also do a Disney character meal. We just like Universal better.

All Aboard
06-03-2002, 11:46 AM
We do a bunch of 3 day weekends that look like this:

Fri - MK
Sat - Epcot/Studios
Sun - IOA/USF

rcraine
06-05-2002, 12:44 PM
The past 2 visits we have split our time equally between Universal/IOA and WDW. Staying first at the Hard Rock or Portifino and then at WDW. But next time I think we will reverse our plans and stay at WDW first and then Universal. The on-site front of the line access at Universal has really ruined WDW for us. :)

the Legend
06-06-2002, 12:28 AM
FOTL at Universal does spoil you!
This would be one of the reasons I would leave Universal for last.

Another is the thrillrides ... I could ride Hulk and Duelling Dragons all vacation and never miss WDW!

However for food, shows and variety, WDW cannot be beaten!

cdpa4d
06-06-2002, 01:22 PM
I like to do the sandwich effect. I always spend a week in Orlando. I spend the first 2 days at Disney, Then the next 3 days at Universal, then the last 2 days at Disney. I guess you could say Disney is the bread and Universal is the meat and cheese. Usually, at the end of the week, I need another vacation to relax from the Orlando vacation, whew!
ADP :)