PDA

View Full Version : Nicola & Chris' PJ Home Wedding 1st May 2010 & Disneymoon **1 WEEK TO GO!**

Nicola2010
03-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello all :wave2:

Well as i now have a wedding date i thought i would start my PJ as ive been wanting to do this since i joined this site in 2007.

We had been planning for a Disney Wedding and even visited the WP last year but due to some unforeseen family issues we have had to re-plan and are now having a home wedding here in the UK and then we will be having a 3 week DISNEYMOON!! :cool1: :banana: :banana:

Ok so i guess i should start with the introductions...

I am Nicola, currently 28 years old and my fiance Chris has just turned 29 years old (although im not far behind him). We live in the UK in a county known as Essex and are getting married on Saturday 1st May 2010! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :yay:

This is the most recent picture i have of us

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/CopyofIMGP2888-1.jpg

We met at school in 1991 and were in the same class for 5 years. We were only ever friends at school though. We had a really good relationship together at school though... we sat next to each other in registration (i think you guys call it home room) and as he is left handed and i am right handed we had this constant thing about clashing elbows, nudging each other and such... i guess it sounds lame but that was our connection to each other back then :goodvibes

Once leaving school we went to different colleges and although i saw him briefly when we were 17 we didnt see each other again until we were 23 years old and it was at that point that we started dating.

So as i write this PJ we are approaching 6 years together. We bought a house in 2006 and also became DVC members that year (which was my first ever time to DisneyWorld) but ive always been a Disney freak so i guess it was a good sign to know Chris and his family were the same.

We got engaged in June 2007 and i have been hanging around here ever since really, getting ideas and getting emotional over all of your beautiful weddings.

Although we can no longer have our Disney wedding we are both very excited about the fact that we are getting married and we really cannot wait for our Disneymoon!

Up next... plans so far!

figmentfan0724
03-13-2009, 07:52 PM
welcome! I am on board and congrats on setting a date! :cool1:

Nicola2010
03-15-2009, 08:19 AM
yeah i have a reader! thank you and hello :goodvibes

will be providing updates real soon :)

MegKate
03-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Make that two readers!! :goodvibes

I love May in WDW - you're so lucky to be down there for 3 weeks!! How awesome! Congrats on setting the date - I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :thumbsup2

Nicola2010
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Make that two readers!! :goodvibes

I love May in WDW - you're so lucky to be down there for 3 weeks!! How awesome! Congrats on setting the date - I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :thumbsup2

yeah another reader, thank you Megkate!

I love wdw in May too... the first time i went was in May and i did prefer it to sept/oct time plus my DF is a huge star wars freak so im so glad that we should hopefully get to go to the star wars weekend again :thumbsup2

Nicola2010
03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok well as the wedding is still just over a year away i really havent planned that much.

I think because we have been engaged since 2007 and we were originally planning a DFTW i hadnt really allowed myself to think about it too much as obviously Disney would have taken care of everything for us.

Now that we are having a UK wedding i guess i should pick up the pace a bit but it still feels too soon to me to make concrete plans :confused3 I kind of decided that i was gonna start everything from May 2009 but the things i have booked so far are:

The Venue

Considering we had visited the Wedding Pavillion and thought it was the most beautiful venue for a wedding... trying to find something in the UK to compare was really tough going. Infact we had to tell ourselves in the end that nothing would compare so to start afresh and find something we liked for the features that each individual venue had.

We started our search in October 2008 and viewed around 20 different venues ranging from castles to barns to hotels etc. It was exciting but scary too considering the uncertain times we are in with the economy at the moment, i wanted to feel so sure that the decision we made would be the right one so we took our time with this.

After weeks of what seemed like soul destroying searching we had a site visit at a 16th century manor house called Newland Hall and we both knew that was the place for us so we secured our date in December 2008 and could then officially say that we are getting married on

Saturday 1st May 2010 :yay: :cool1: :banana:

This is our venue

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/winterweddings.jpg

This is the reception marquee

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/winter.jpg

Our wedding is held over a bank holiday weekend so im really happy that we will be able to have a great party and our guests will still have 2 days to recover before they have to go back to work :thumbsup2

We however will be recovering in Saratoga Springs... oh the injustice of it all :rotfl2:

I have also booked my photographer who is a local man and i think he will give us what we want so pleased about that.

And although it's probably way too soon i have also booked my florist... she is based at the venue and so i feel confident that she will know how to dress it well :thumbsup2

Nicola2010
03-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I still have the major stuff to decide but once May is here im sure it will all start flying by.

I have been on a weight loss mission since August 2007 (as that and saving our money was all i could do back then). I joined weight watchers at that time and to date i have lost 2st 4lbs (32lbs)... i would like to lose another 1st 10lbs (24lbs) and i am trying (although probably not as hard as i could be ;) )

I am trying to lose the bulk of this before i start wedding dress shopping in May this year so time is slowly ticking away... will have to put more effort in i think.

Due to me wanting to lose weight i havent set foot inside a wedding dress shop since ive been engaged... i think ive done well to stop myself but i didnt want my first time of trying dresses on to be an experience that i hated because i hated the size i was... i still have a way to go but im feeling better in myself so even if i dont lose it all by may i think i will feel ok enough to enjoy the experience (fingers crossed).

So that is on the top of my to do list really.

Dont know what styles will suit me so i havent really done much research on that... love the look of Maggie Sottero & Alfred Angelo gowns but im keeping open minded really.

As for the rest of my plans i will be having 1 matron of honour (my sister Tracy who is 31 years old) and 2 bridesmaids (chris' twin nieces Emily & Sophie who are 8 years old).

I would like a nice pastel shade of Blue for my attendants... i am thinking that i would have my sister in a blue tea length dress with a white sash and then the twins in white flowergirl dresses with a blue sash.

Something along these lines i think:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/14641.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/14562.jpg

Although i would want the bow at the back of the dress rather than the front but it gives you all an idea.

Nicola2010
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
As i am not yet set on what colour i am having i cannot look into the flowers in too much detail yet although i do know that i would like roses and peonies in my bouquet.

I will be carrying a Disney theme through the wedding as much as i can... some may not be obvious to all of our guests but they will be special to me and my DF.

I most definitely want the mad hatter wedding cake... luckily i took a pic of the one in the window of Francks... i didnt know then that i would be asking a non Disney cake chef to make this so im hoping that whoever i choose to make my cake will be able to pull this off

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/IMGP2808.jpg

There is a little glare from the window but im hoping it's clear enough for my cakemaker to use.

I cant decide whether to have the cake in the wedding colours i.e blue and white or to just go mad and have it in true mad hatter lairy colours :confused3 ive got time to make my mind up though i guess.

For my table centrepieces i really want blue LED lights in the vases as i saw some of you have this at your dessert parties and i really wanted it when i thought i was going to have a dessert party so ive been told it shouldnt be a problem to have this in the centrepieces and that will feel disney-fied to me.

We also want to try and incorporate Disney music into the wedding... ive had a look on amazon etc for Disney music cd's... can anyone advise on how the Disney Weddings cd sounds? Is it beautiful enough for a ceremony or are there any other ones that sound beautiful? I would like a string quartet/ trio if we can afford it but we're not sure at the moment if we can so that's why ive been looking into cd's (thank god for the ipod :rotfl: ) so if anyone can recommend one i would really appreciate it :goodvibes

Well that's probably about it for my plans so far but i will be adding to this page as and when i think of things.

Hope you've enjoyed reading so far and thanks for doing so! :goodvibes

iheartpluto
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
It sounds like you have quite a lot done so far! Your reception venue looks absolutely beautiful. I know a year seems like a long time, but trust me, it will fly! :) I have 2 and 1/2 months to go, and I still feel like I didn't have enough time! Your PJ is great so far, and Congrats on the wedding and Disneymoon!

Nicola2010
03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
It sounds like you have quite a lot done so far! Your reception venue looks absolutely beautiful. I know a year seems like a long time, but trust me, it will fly! :) I have 2 and 1/2 months to go, and I still feel like I didn't have enough time! Your PJ is great so far, and Congrats on the wedding and Disneymoon!

Thank you iheartpluto... i get so excited when someone takes the time to read my plans :goodvibes

We really like the venue, the whole day will be at the same place and the marquee really is beautiful... plus im a fairylights girl and it's covered with them! :cloud9:

It does feel like ive been waiting forever but with it being April in a couple of weeks i am starting to feel like it really will be no time at all before i can start properly planning and do all the exciting stuff.

Im sure i will look back and appreciate the time that ive had to consider everything rather than rushing into things but at the moment i just cant wait to get married! :dance3:

2 1/2 months away, wow! you must be ultra excited by now!

iheartpluto
03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Definitely crazy excited!! :woohoo: Especially with the shower only being a week and a half away now... It makes everything so real! I posted my shower dress on my PJ, let me know what you think. :)

Bolanette87
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I love all your plans so far!! I'm a fellow UK bride having a home wedding (We'll be having our Disneymoon in Disneyland Paris though!).....

I love the look of your venue- Very very pretty! And I love the style of bridesmaids dresses you're thinking of!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Definitely crazy excited!! :woohoo: Especially with the shower only being a week and a half away now... It makes everything so real! I posted my shower dress on my PJ, let me know what you think. :)

ooh exciting i will check it out right now :thumbsup2

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I love all your plans so far!! I'm a fellow UK bride having a home wedding (We'll be having our Disneymoon in Disneyland Paris though!).....

I love the look of your venue- Very very pretty! And I love the style of bridesmaids dresses you're thinking of!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Congratulations Bob! Thanks so much... it's always nice to speak to fellow at home wedding dis-er's.

I havent been to DLP but i heard it's really good.

I really like those styles of dresses too... i think the tea length looks very sophisticated (but that could just be me lol)

I love my venue too... cant wait for a reason to go back there lol

I noticed your ticker says 10 months away til your big day... you must be quite far along with your plans by now... if i find a PJ for you i will def check it out!

Bolanette87
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Congratulations Bob! Thanks so much... it's always nice to speak to fellow at home wedding dis-er's.

I havent been to DLP but i heard it's really good.

I really like those styles of dresses too... i think the tea length looks very sophisticated (but that could just be me lol)

I love my venue too... cant wait for a reason to go back there lol

I noticed your ticker says 10 months away til your big day... you must be quite far along with your plans by now... if i find a PJ for you i will def check it out!

I'm a huge DLRP fan..... I think it's rather under-rated! :thumbsup2

I'm a huge tea length fan too- I'm having a tea length wedding dress!

There's a link to my PJ in sig, below my ticker.... (Plugging it or what?! Lol!)....

I forgot to ask- Are you going for a blue colourscheme?? Or blue with other colours?? I'm v.nosey about colours......!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm a huge DLRP fan..... I think it's rather under-rated! :thumbsup2

I'm a huge tea length fan too- I'm having a tea length wedding dress!

There's a link to my PJ in sig, below my ticker.... (Plugging it or what?! Lol!)....

I forgot to ask- Are you going for a blue colourscheme?? Or blue with other colours?? I'm v.nosey about colours......!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

oh yeah i didnt see your link doh :goodvibes

aah i think the tea length wedding dresses are very pretty too!

colour scheme is blue and white/ivory... might throw in some silver too but i havent decided as yet.

blue is both mine and DF's fav colour so ive always wanted it (and DF is very happy to wear a blue tie lol) but what kind of shade is still yet to be decided.

MrsVenn
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi there :wave:,

Just wanted to say congratulations!! We had a mini honeymoon in Disneyland Paris last April (our wedding date was 16/03/08) and loved every minute!

We're heading to Orlando in 35 days for a first anniversary treat to ourselves and as this was meant to be our original honeymoon plan (had to cancel at the last minute due to work commitments) and to be honest we're going to enjoy every minute!

And I love the idea of the blue lights in vases!

Shula

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Just wanted to say congratulations!! We had a mini honeymoon in Disneyland Paris last April (our wedding date was 16/03/08) and loved every minute!

We're heading to Orlando in 35 days for a first anniversary treat to ourselves and as this was meant to be our original honeymoon plan (had to cancel at the last minute due to work commitments) and to be honest we're going to enjoy every minute!

Shula

Congratulations on your anniversary... im sooo jealous you will be in my favourite place in just over a months time.... i came back from florida in oct 08 and i have major withdrawal symptons :rotfl:

Thank you, i love all things blue and sparkly so i cant wait as i know they will make such an impact in the evening!

Im sure you will have a fabulous anniversary, there's no way it will be average in disney :thumbsup2

princess22
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hi and congrats! Everything looks great so far. I like the flower girl dress, it's very cute. But I agree, put the bow in the back!

Congrats again, can't wait to read more!

iheartpluto
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM

Shula

So excited for you that you get to go to WDW for your anniversary! I'm sure DLP is lovely, too. :) Nicola, blue lights sound SO cool!

iheartpluto
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary... im sooo jealous you will be in my favourite place in just over a months time.... i came back from florida in oct 08 and i have major withdrawal symptons :rotfl:

Thank you, i love all things blue and sparkly so i cant wait as i know they will make such an impact in the evening!

Im sure you will have a fabulous anniversary, there's no way it will be average in disney :thumbsup2

I'm definitely a blue and sparkly fan myself! Yay for glitter! :laughing:

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hi and congrats! Everything looks great so far. I like the flower girl dress, it's very cute. But I agree, put the bow in the back!

Congrats again, can't wait to read more!

Hi Princess22 thanks so much!

Oh i totally know what you mean... no idea why a bow should/would be at the front but it was the only pic i could find that was similar to what i wanted lol

MrsVenn
03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks, I know!! It was my husband's idea as it was his work that made us cancel..he felt a bit guilty. I've only been planning it for 18 months, lol.

And yay to fellow fans of glitter!!! I'm so pleased others on here love the stuff!

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm definitely a blue and sparkly fan myself! Yay for glitter! :laughing:

double yeah for glitter and all things twinkly :cool1:

i probably sound like a total barbie lol but im just drawn to the glittery stuff... i become all intranced like a child :rotfl:

MrsVenn
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Not at all! I plaster myself in it when we go to Disney.. it just seems 'right' to wear the stuff, hehe.

So what are the final things you have to sort?

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Not at all! I plaster myself in it when we go to Disney.. it just seems 'right' to wear the stuff, hehe.

So what are the final things you have to sort?

Oh i have loads to do... still think it's too early to do most of it.

I will start properly in May which is not far off now really... the main thing for me to do in May is go dress shopping! :cool1: i am looking forward to it now as i feel like i should be rewarded for being a patient little bunny :rotfl:

Obviously will also have to find BM's dresses and lock down a colour scheme, have still got to get a cake, invites, flights for honeymoon, grooms wear, rings, 1st night hotel, going away outfit etc etc etc.... way too many things to do that i can list but i think a year will be enough time to do all of it and i dont want to get ahead of myself and then have nothing to do (i'll probably regret that at some stage but you live and learn lol)

MrsVenn
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Oooo you've got all the nice stuff to do! I loved dress shopping, was so nervous when I had my first trying on session, actually felt physically sick and was shaking when putting the dresses on but you'll have a great time!!

One thing I recommend, spreadsheets - worked wonders when it came to keeping tabs on costs, dates things were purchased, lists of things to still do etc!

Just shout if you need any ideas!

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Oooo you've got all the nice stuff to do! I loved dress shopping, was so nervous when I had my first trying on session, actually felt physically sick and was shaking when putting the dresses on but you'll have a great time!!

One thing I recommend, spreadsheets - worked wonders when it came to keeping tabs on costs, dates things were purchased, lists of things to still do etc!

Just shout if you need any ideas!

Thanks that's so kind of you :goodvibes

Ive already created some spreadsheets for budgets, money spent and on what and also one for how much and when payments need to be made... try not to look at them too often though as they stress me out :rotfl:

Will keep you updated on the exciting planning stuff when it happens.

Please make sure you tell me all about your anniversary trip... i want to see lots of pics too!

Nicola2010
03-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Mrs Venn just out of interest, as you dont live a million miles away from me, where did you get married last year?

Just wondered if it was a venue i may have visited or not :goodvibes

iheartpluto
03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
double yeah for glitter and all things twinkly :cool1:

i probably sound like a total barbie lol but im just drawn to the glittery stuff... i become all intranced like a child :rotfl:

Me too! I can't stay away... I think that's why pixie dust always sounded so enchanting... I always see little sparkles in my head like the ones in Peter Pan... Glitter makes everything better!

I have some charts and stuff for seating arrangements too, if you need anything like that, just give a yell! :)

Nicola2010
03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Me too! I can't stay away... I think that's why pixie dust always sounded so enchanting... I always see little sparkles in my head like the ones in Peter Pan... Glitter makes everything better!

I have some charts and stuff for seating arrangements too, if you need anything like that, just give a yell! :)

Aah thank you, that's so kind :goodvibes

MrsVenn
03-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Mrs Venn just out of interest, as you dont live a million miles away from me, where did you get married last year?

Just wondered if it was a venue i may have visited or not :goodvibes

I got married at Sopwell House in St Albans but we also looked at Brocket Hall and Bush Hall, both were very nice, but Sopwell just had something over them ;)

Nicola2010
03-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm not familiar with those venues but i bet it was stunning... st albans is a beautiful area :goodvibes

MrsVenn
03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah we love St Albans (it's our main town), we literally live down the road so it was quite convenient really :goodvibes

Your venue looks gorgeous though! There's something about country properties that have always done it for me - what hubby didn't know is that I'd always loved Sopwell, heehee! ;)

Nicola2010
03-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah we love St Albans (it's our main town), we literally live down the road so it was quite convenient really :goodvibes

Your venue looks gorgeous though! There's something about country properties that have always done it for me - what hubby didn't know is that I'd always loved Sopwell, heehee! ;)

hee hee it makes everything that much sweeter when you get your dream venue :goodvibes

MrsVenn
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I know! Even my mum said "how did you persuade him?" I took him to lunch there in their conservatory and it conveniently coincided with a wedding planner meeting... he just caved at that point, lol.

The thing is we didn't go overboard with flowers (DH has quite bad hayfever..) and didn't bother with chair covers but the whole 'thing' was done so nicely it didn't make any difference. At first I was worried the reception room would look a bit plain but because the venue was so nice, no one cared which made me happier. They were more interested in the pots of choccies and free alcohol :rotfl:on the tables.

I had a very informal wedding so by having a beautiful venue to host it in (had 50 guests only) made it even more memorable. It was, as they say, exactly how I wanted it to be.

Nicola2010
03-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Ok so i know i shouldnt be excited about this but ive just got my 1st invoice from my wedding venue!

I know that means i have to part with some cash but it also means that slowly but surely my wedding is getting closer and i can feel that little bit more excited :cool1: :banana:

Wahoo!!! :yay:

Nicola2010
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I know! Even my mum said "how did you persuade him?" I took him to lunch there in their conservatory and it conveniently coincided with a wedding planner meeting... he just caved at that point, lol.

The thing is we didn't go overboard with flowers (DH has quite bad hayfever..) and didn't bother with chair covers but the whole 'thing' was done so nicely it didn't make any difference. At first I was worried the reception room would look a bit plain but because the venue was so nice, no one cared which made me happier. They were more interested in the pots of choccies and free alcohol :rotfl:on the tables.

I had a very informal wedding so by having a beautiful venue to host it in (had 50 guests only) made it even more memorable. It was, as they say, exactly how I wanted it to be.

Aah that's lovely! I know what you mean about the flowers.. me and DF both suffer with hayfever but we are just gonna take some antihistimines and get through it :rotfl:

I really want chair covers but at this moment in time theyre a non-essential item and therefore have to stay near the bottom of my list... however my venue does have beautiful looking chairs so if i cant afford them it wont be too bad.

We are having quite a large wedding but i just know that the venue will provide the very best service... it's nice to feel confident that they can handle whatever the day may throw without alerting us to any problems (as if anything should go wrong i most definitely do not want to know about it) at least not until i get back from my honeymoon anyway :rotfl:

Nicola2010
03-21-2009, 12:00 PM
does anyone know how to update the title of my PJ as and when i have announcements?

Ive tried clicking on it but it doesnt work.

Thanks IA :goodvibes

MrsVenn
03-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Ahh don't worry, everything will be fine! Nothing can possibly go wrong ;) and even if it does, it'll be minor. As long as you get to say your vows, that's the most important bit!! :thumbsup2

(completely unrelated, I'm putting together my first pre-trip report right now so you can have a read if you like)

Nicola2010
03-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Ahh don't worry, everything will be fine! Nothing can possibly go wrong ;) and even if it does, it'll be minor. As long as you get to say your vows, that's the most important bit!! :thumbsup2

(completely unrelated, I'm putting together my first pre-trip report right now so you can have a read if you like)

You are right about that and i will be taking them very seriously.

Ooh exciting, thanks i will definitely check that out :thumbsup2

Nicola2010
04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone,

My poor PJ doesnt see much action does it, but i will carry on :rotfl:

As i have said previously my DF and I wanted to have a subtle Disney theme running through the wedding so we decided that we would name our tables after Disney Parks (however as Disney dont have 9 parks i have had to merge this with Universal) but anyway... I came up with the idea of purchasing the novelty license plates which can then be placed in the table number holders/stands which i think will look really cool.

I found loads on ebay... well i have ordered 8 just need 1 more park to complete... if anyone knows anyone who wants to sell a Blizzard Beach license plate on Ebay please let me know! I started making my first purchases last week and when i came home from work today my first one had arrived! :cool1::yay:

It looks like this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0083.jpg

1 week from Florida to England i thought was really good! I cant wait for the rest to arrive!

Nicola2010
04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I received another license plate today for my table name collection... so excited :cool1:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0090.jpg

Nicola2010
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Another table name arrived today :cool1::banana:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0091.jpg

Nicola2010
04-11-2009, 08:15 AM
and another one arrived today!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0098.jpg

MrsVenn
04-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi Nicola, loving the licence plates idea! How many more do you need?

Nicola2010
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah you're back! :goodvibes

So how was the anniversary trip.... will you be doing a TR?

Thanks, im really happy with the plates that ive been receiving... ive got all 9 on order now so just waiting for them to be shipped.

I had never used ebay before this but im very impressed!

Nicola2010
04-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Well i have been busy over the last week with various things but ive received some more table names and as ive started posting them i may aswell complete this, so these are the new arrivals:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0130.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0133.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0134.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/disneybride2010/Photo0137.jpg

Just waiting for the last one to arrive, im quite excited about this idea, i think it will look really good on the day :cool1:

Nicola2010
05-01-2009, 12:57 PM
1 YEAR TODAY! :cool1::banana:

This time next year i will be a married lady... just hope the weather is as nice next year as it's been a beautiful day today!

disneygal922
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
:dance3:Happy one year mark!!!:dance3:

Nicola2010
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Havent been on here for a while as ive been getting caught up with all things weddings lol

I have a few updates:

1. Me and DF went to our local registry office last week to give notice... it was a bit nerve-racking really but i think they make it that way. We were spoken to separately about the wedding etc, i assume for them to make sure that neither party was being forced into it... although the fact that you have to pay them 60 for this pleasure in my opinion is indication enough that we're not playing around lol... anyway the lady asked me if we had booked our honeymoon yet and i explained that we are definately going to Florida as it's our favourite place but we cant book it until next month when the flights are released.
After we had done all the paperwork and paid our money, we left to go home and my DF said to me "why did you say we might not be going to Florida"...? I obviously said i didnt say that at all and told him my conversation... he said the lady told him that i mentioned Florida but that i hadnt made my mind up yet!! :confused3 Luckily he said it was our favourite place too... so i think she was trying to catch us out to see if we gave the same response etc but how sneaky. Anyway that is done now so our notice of marriage will be displayed for 2 weeks for any objections to be lodged (of which there should be none :rotfl:) and after that we have to collect our certificate.

2. Since we have given notice we have now had our ceremony time confirmed as 2pm yeah! We got the time we wanted! :cool1:

3. I have been dress shopping and that could be a long post so i'll start a fresh with that one...

Nicola2010
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Ok so dress shopping problems....... Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So i started dress shopping 2 weekends ago... i have now been to 6 different bridal shops and i just have no clue what i want... no definate feeling towards anything... is that normal? I feel like a total boy :rotfl:

I have tried on, mermaid/fishtail gowns, fairytale gowns, pick up skirt gowns, silk gowns, taffeta gowns, tulle gowns, lace gowns and i just cannot decide.

I will give you some background... im 5ft 2 (so short lol) i am overweight still but successfully losing weight (have just over 1 stone/ 14lbs to lose)... i feel my arms are biggish so wanted to flatter them and i am heavy busted so didnt really want a strapless gown as i personally wouldnt feel comfortable with having my whole shoulder/chest area on display, so wanted some straps or something to divert the eye.

After 2 years of being engaged and trawling the net for dress styles i thought i would prefer silk and i really like the look of the pick up skirt dresses.

Now i have tried on over 20 dresses and i just dont know what i will look fabulous in and i really want to look fabulous on the day... i want to feel that the style of dress suits my frame and body... i dont want people thinking why on earth did she choose that.

When i tried on a pick up skirt i really liked it but that was 2 weeks ago now and now im not sure what i liked about it... one lady at another shop said pick up skirts are dated, very 80's and that it wont age well in my photos so now i dont know if i should go for it or not, i want people's help and input but i dont want to be swayed either if you know what i mean? :confused3

I also tried on a bubble hem dress last saturday and, that was more fitted, had a torso that went to your hips and then out from there but i dont know whether as im still overweight whether it would be best to have a dress that starts spraying out from the hips or whether it would be better for it to puff out from the waist.

I will attach the 2 dresses that i tried on that i liked so you know what im talking about... i do have pics with me in some of the dresses but dont know if anyone would be interested in looking at them.

The dresses i refer to are:

This is the pick up skirt dress

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=brielle&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A3185

This is the bubble hem dress

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&style=ASM3249SA

I tried this tulle dress on too which didnt look as bad as i thought it would on my short frame

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&page=2&style=SSM5194SW

Also just wanted to say that about 90% of the dresses i tried on were strapless and they didnt look that bad on me but i think i would like to have some cap sleeves or something added to them... then again if i manage to lose the extra weight and tone my arms up i may not feel that way and then would have spent more money for nothing.

Sorry this post is soooo long but as you can tell my head is swimming, any dress is a big purchase and i dont want to get it wrong so any advice from anyone who knows how i feel would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Nicola :goodvibes

Nicola2010
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Ok well it's been a month since my last post and ive had no replies, starting to feel my PJ must be very boring to everyone :goodvibes

I still havent ordered a dress yet... tried on about 40, found one last weekend that i liked but it was a little out of my price range.

If anyone wants to post any advice still it would be appreciated.

Bolanette87
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey Honey!!

I just had a look through your dress options, and I LOVE the first one, with the pick up skirt? I think it looks so glamorous and gorgeous! I think if you love it right now, it doesn't matter if it will date! It's a gorgeous dress! I would love to see the pics of you in both dresses if you still have them knocking about somewhere??

Bob xoxoxxox

Kimmers127
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok I LOVE the first dress! I think it's absolutely stunning (I may be biased, it's one of my saved favorites to keep in mind when I start dress shopping!)

If you're at all self conscious about your hips I think this dress will hide that area well. I think the overall shape and flow of the dress will be very forgiving from the waist-down. And I'd skip the sleeves personally... the dress is stunning as is, and if you do a little work on your arms I think you'll see a difference fast and be glad you left the dress as is.

That being said... post the pics of you trying them on!! I want to see! That's a Planning Journal staple. :goodvibes

Nicola2010
06-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah im so excited... after years of waiting, today we were finally able to book our DISNEYMOON! :cool1::cheer2::banana::yay:

So as it is no longer a wish but a reality we will be staying for 3 weeks at Saratoga Springs and Spa and we decided to splurge on upgrading our flights to premium economy.

I CANT WAIT NOW!!! :goodvibes

Nicola2010
06-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey Honey!!

I just had a look through your dress options, and I LOVE the first one, with the pick up skirt? I think it looks so glamorous and gorgeous! I think if you love it right now, it doesn't matter if it will date! It's a gorgeous dress! I would love to see the pics of you in both dresses if you still have them knocking about somewhere??

Bob xoxoxxox

Ok I LOVE the first dress! I think it's absolutely stunning (I may be biased, it's one of my saved favorites to keep in mind when I start dress shopping!)

If you're at all self conscious about your hips I think this dress will hide that area well. I think the overall shape and flow of the dress will be very forgiving from the waist-down. And I'd skip the sleeves personally... the dress is stunning as is, and if you do a little work on your arms I think you'll see a difference fast and be glad you left the dress as is.

That being said... post the pics of you trying them on!! I want to see! That's a Planning Journal staple. :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes

I am still trying to decide which dress to go for and so i showed my MIL 2B and SIL 2B some of the dresses i feel are in the shortlist today online and they both said they love the pick up dress too.

I really thought everyone would think it would be too OTT but everyone seems to really like this dress and i do think it's beautiful and that i would feel like a princess on the day.

Think i will call the shop to arrange another fitting... fingers crossed they still have it in the shop.

disneygirl24
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi I just found your planning journal, I always like to read about fellow UK brides! I love your dress choices are these still your shortlist? I think that I like number 2 the best

Emma

teddygurl28
07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Congrats on booking your disneymoon :thumbsup2

i thought id hop on over and say hi!

also i love looking at what other people are picking for dresses..because im just as clueless :lmao:

but i love love love #1!
i think its so elegant!
im also a fan of #2

maggie sottero is a fav. designer of mine though, every time i put on one of those dresses i just feel like it fits (even when its 2 sizes too small!)

and isnt it funny you think you cant wear the strapless yet it manages to look okay....
my sis-in-law was not going to do strapless...her dress ended up being strapless...at the last minute she put on the cap sleeves because she was afraid that out of foce of habit she would be pulling the dress up....so im sure even if the dress you choose comes strapless you can have something classy added

Nicola2010
08-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi I just found your planning journal, I always like to read about fellow UK brides! I love your dress choices are these still your shortlist? I think that I like number 2 the best

Emma

Congrats on booking your disneymoon :thumbsup2

i thought id hop on over and say hi!

also i love looking at what other people are picking for dresses..because im just as clueless :lmao:

but i love love love #1!
i think its so elegant!
im also a fan of #2

maggie sottero is a fav. designer of mine though, every time i put on one of those dresses i just feel like it fits (even when its 2 sizes too small!)

and isnt it funny you think you cant wear the strapless yet it manages to look okay....
my sis-in-law was not going to do strapless...her dress ended up being strapless...at the last minute she put on the cap sleeves because she was afraid that out of foce of habit she would be pulling the dress up....so im sure even if the dress you choose comes strapless you can have something classy added

Thank you both for reading... i havent been around for a while but have some more updates now!

Nicola2010
08-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Well i havent been on here for a couple of months as have been busy at work and with doing things for the wedding, but have some spare time this morning so thought i'd post an update.

Ok so the biggest update is that finally at the end of July (can you believe it took me that long?) i found my dress and placed an order wahoo! :cool1:

It wasnt any of the previous dresses i tried on. This is my dress!:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=mccall&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A3284CS

No matter what dresses i tried on i kept coming back to this one on the website so i tracked one down, tried it on, loved it, ordered it, yeah!

I've been told my dress should be in the shop around christmas time, cant wait to try it on again and when it will be MY dress and not just a shop sample!

Next on the agenda is bridesmaid dress shopping... taking my sister shopping at the end of August and really hoping that finding what i want will be easier than finding my dress :lmao:

When we booked our wedding last year we were told that we would be contacted around September time to do menu tastings etc, at the time i was like that's ages away but it's only a couple of weeks away now and i'm really looking forward to that part.

Then i will need to make a decisions on invitations so i have lots coming up... all very exciting and lovely :goodvibes

Nicola2010
03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow cant believe it's been 7 months since i posted on this journal... i have been very bad but very busy.

Wedding is coming along nicely (fingers crossed) and is 2 months away today!

I have my first dress fitting in a couple of weeks as well as my final meeting with my planner.

H2B is away for his stag (bachelor) weekend this weekend and i am awaiting responses to invites which is very annoying as not many have been returned but it's 2 weeks til the deadline so fingers crossed they are all back by then.

Soooo looking forward to our disneymoon, wish the dollar rate would improve though. Just found out that it's likely harry potter park wont be open when we go and i really hoped it would be but nevermind... im excited that a launch is scheduled at kennedy so hopefully i can see that during my stay.

Are there any other may brides out there the same time as me?

pink_tink8i8
03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I love your dress. So elegant

Sarah84
03-02-2010, 08:26 PM
what a gorgeous dress, Maggies are beautiful aren't they? im currently trying to track down that from photos ive seen online is my dream dress but im yet to find anywhere that has it in the shop so haven't seen it in person yet.
wow two months till your big day, i bet you are getting so excited?
where is your DH2B going for hes stag weekend? have you planned your hen do yet?

weedee
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
the dress is gorgeous! ;)

puente0629
03-03-2010, 10:02 AM
your dress is so pretty, very elegant...I just recently bought my wedding dress from Maggie Sottero called Fiorella.

Nicola2010
03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I love your dress. So elegant

Thank you i really love it too!

Nicola2010
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
what a gorgeous dress, Maggies are beautiful aren't they? im currently trying to track down that from photos ive seen online is my dream dress but im yet to find anywhere that has it in the shop so haven't seen it in person yet.
wow two months till your big day, i bet you are getting so excited?
where is your DH2B going for hes stag weekend? have you planned your hen do yet?

You're trying to track down the same dress as me? How exciting! I hope you find one, i managed to and it was so worth it!

H2B went to Brighton for stag weekend and had a great time. I'm just doing a hen night at an 80's bar in London, cant wait for that!

I am getting very excited, 5 weeks to go!

Nicola2010
03-22-2010, 06:15 PM
5 weeks to go and planning is going well.

Had my first dress fitting, nothing too drastic needed there, hem taken up and a few alterations on bodice so should be fine. Have my next fitting in 3 weeks time.

Final meeting with planner went well, it was nice to finally confirm everything, although the final invoice didnt impress me lol.

We have continued with our Disney theme and i'm excited to see how it works on the day. Obviously have our table names which i love. We have managed to get Disney shaped jelly sweets direct from Florida (courtesy of MIL & FIL's last trip) so they will be our favours. We are playing the Disney weddings cd during our meal and hopefully we will be announced to "Be our Guest" which i think will be lovely, but probably will only be me and parents that understand the sentiment :goodvibes

I have a few days off work next week so will do as many things weddingy as i can. My sister is having her first bridesmaid fitting next week so looking forward to that too.

I'm hoping the next 5 weeks will fly by and then once it's here i wont want our Disneymoon to end :goodvibes

Nicola2010
03-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Well i've finally made it to my time off work this week which was the last time off milestone before the wedding so excited about that! Currently i am stuck at home waiting for parcels to be delivered so i wish they would hurry up! Although the postman has just delivered my travel insurance policy through the door so not long now!!!!! :cool1:

One of my H2B's relatives made our cravats and brought them to us last week and they are lovely! Really nicely made so i plan to take them to our groomswear shop this week for them to be tied properly and then the groomsmen only have to worry about slipping them over their heads and tightening them on the day. I fully expected the cravats to be their wedding present to us as that saved us alot of money but they also left us our wedding card and a very sizeable amount of cash inside for our honeymoon! I was so overwhelmed by this, wasnt expecting that at all and it was very generous of them, we felt very blessed.

Went shopping with H2B and PIL2B yesterday for his and his dad's shoes, i found a lovely pair of shoes which they both liked instantly so we were all happy by that lol.

Tried on my summer clothes yesterday but due to losing weight none of it fits which is great, but more expense that i didnt really want to have to worry about. Will hit the sales i think.

Sad that HP Park wont be open during our stay (June 18th is not Spring Mr Universal so shame on you!) but hoping that at least the parks will be a bit quieter as would imagine if HP was opening whilst we were there the parks would be heaving so trying to look on the bright side and we are still looking forward to trying rip ride rocket and manta and we will manage to get fastpasses this year for toy storia mania if it kills us :rotfl2:

Our last day of honeymoon sees the start of the star wars weekend Yay! so we will definitely be spending our last day there!

Hope everyone who is getting married same time as us is enjoying the planning and if anyone is getting married during our stay, i will keep an eye out for you!

Nicola2010
03-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Ok so it's just dawned on me that this really isnt much of a PJ and that i havent really talked about the little details of my wedding, which would help i guess :goodvibes

Ok so youve seen my dress and that's a start i guess.

Here's the link to my sister's dress:

http://www.bridesmaidsbyromantica.co.uk/POP_ROM_Bridesmaids_gallery01.html

if it brings up alot of dresses, hers is the 1st one on the 2nd row but she is having it in blue with a ivory band. She loves the netting underneath and that is blue too, looks really nice but she wont see it until tomorrow at her fitting.

And this is the dress that our child bridesmaids will be wearing

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_248020108985_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EKids%7EOccasionwear

They look adorable in them. I did originally want blue sashes for them and bridesmaid dresses that were made for them but the expense didnt make any sense really, as they are children they will grow out of the dresses and never wear them again so seemed silly to spend alot of money of them and these department store ones are really nice and we got them in the sale so they were a bargain!

Nicola2010
03-30-2010, 06:33 AM
With regards to the cake we are having the mad hatter style one! Im mega excited about this but also a little worried, just hope the cake maker can make it, she said she can and i do trust her otherwise i wouldnt have booked her but cant help worrying slightly that it isnt gonna be as good as the disney one but i am excited to see it on the day. We have decided to have the cake in our wedding colours of blue & white which i think will look lovely.

The flowers are also in this colour scheme too. I have chosen white roses and peonies and blue hydrangeas. For the table arrangements they will be the same in tall vases with blue led lights within them which i am also excited about as i havent seen this at any weddings i have been to and i want my guests to be wowed which im sure they will be.

I dont have any pictures im afraid but i will post some once we are back from honeymoon with how it all turned out.

Nicola2010
03-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I am very aware this is my H2B's wedding too so i have made sure that the majority of the ceremony music is all about him, since he has to wait for me in the ceremony room i want him to listen to music that is special to him & us. So our choices could seem a little off the wall but this is what we have picked

Music prior to ceremony

When you wish upon a star
Love Theme from Superman (The original 80's films)
Across the Stars from Star Wars
Pachebel in Cannon D (this has always been what i wanted to hear prior to walking down the aisle).

Ceremony

Wagners here comes the bride

Signing the register

Michael Bolton's version of A dream is a wish your heart makes
Once upon a dream
A whole new world

Exit music

The throne room/finale from Star Wars

I'm excited about our song choices and cant wait to hear them on the day. We are also planning to open our wedding breakfast with "Be our guest" which i think will fit in perfectly with our theme!

Nicola2010
03-30-2010, 06:57 AM
So onto the wedding breakfast.

We are having a 4 course silver service meal. The venue didnt offer a tasting in the end so i have to trust that it will be lovely on the day.

Choosing our menu was hard, as we love food but i'm aware not everyone likes what we like and some things i love like tomato soup and beef bourginon are not the best things to have around a white dress :rotfl: so here is what we chose:

Starter

Pate with onion chutney & crackers
Melon & selection of fruits for vegetarians and children

Soup course

Potato & Leek (white so fingers crossed any spillages wont be a disaster)

Main Course

Roast Chicken with selection of potatoes and vegetables
Vegetable en croute for vegetarians
Chicken teddies and fries for children

Dessert

Profiteroles with hot chocolate sauce
Ice cream for children who will be offered the hot chocolate sauce

There will also be tea, coffee and after-dinner mints

So all in all i am happy with our choices and looking forward to eating it on the day.

disneybarbie
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Joining in!
Love your plans so far, dress is beautiful - I love the subtle Disney touches, just what i'm planning to do! some guests might not even notice, but my family & friends that really know me will get it! :goodvibes

Just wondered if you'd found instrumental versions of the Disney songs you're having for the ceremony?

I've (already!) bought the DFTW cd.. it's 4.99 on amazon uk - I really like it, classical guitar with full orchestra - but some of the songs are a little hard to recognise IMO.

I've also got a cd called "Plays Disney" by the London Pops Orchestra - it's about 7 to download from amazon and it's is fantastic!
I am hoping to use some of it for our ceremony, I also like "married life" track on the Up soundtrack :wizard:

Only 1 month to go for you!!

Emma princess: xx

Nicola2010
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Joining in!
Love your plans so far, dress is beautiful - I love the subtle Disney touches, just what i'm planning to do! some guests might not even notice, but my family & friends that really know me will get it! :goodvibes

Just wondered if you'd found instrumental versions of the Disney songs you're having for the ceremony?

I've (already!) bought the DFTW cd.. it's 4.99 on amazon uk - I really like it, classical guitar with full orchestra - but some of the songs are a little hard to recognise IMO.

I've also got a cd called "Plays Disney" by the London Pops Orchestra - it's about 7 to download from amazon and it's is fantastic!
I am hoping to use some of it for our ceremony, I also like "married life" track on the Up soundtrack :wizard:

Only 1 month to go for you!!

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to read my pj.

With regards to the music, most of the Disney songs except a dream is a wish your heart makes and a whole new world are instrumental orchestra versions. I found them on i tunes so it would be worth having a look round on there as you can preview a song before you purchase, i found loads that are really good.

I have the disney weddings cd too, H2B's parents bought it for us, i think it's nice but agree there are some on there that dont sound very familiar.

Yes 1 month to go so not long at all, we have come to the part now where we have to part with all our hard earned savings, scary :scared1:

Nicola2010
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
:cool1::banana::yay::cheer2: 1 MONTH TODAY :cool1::banana::yay::cheer2:

Took my sister for her bridesmaid fitting yesterday, went really well and her dress is so pretty! Going back in a couple of weeks for both of us to have our final fittings so looking forward to that.

Also had a meeting with my photographer, that was really good too and we feel at ease with him so have no doubts photos will turn out great!

Hen night is only 2 weeks away now! Cant believe it, need to finalise my outfit and decide how to do my hair, better fit in some test runs!

disneybarbie
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Happy one month to go!! :cool1:

Where are you going for your hen do?

Nicola2010
04-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Happy one month to go!! :cool1:

Where are you going for your hen do?

Thanks Emma

Hen night is in London at an 80's club, i just love the 80's ha ha. There are 8 of us girls going in a limo and we are all dressing in 80's gear and attempting 80's hair and make up so i need to practice it as i dont want to look like a clown :goodvibes I think alot of my friends are gonna crimp their hair so think i will attempt back-combing mine, we'll see how it turns out really.

Really looking forward to it though!!

Have you got any plans for your hen do yet?

disneybarbie
04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
wow that sounds like a great night!
My sister got a limo to London (from Kent) for her 21st, she said it was so much fun.. everyone in town will try peak in the windows at you! :goodvibes

I have suggested to my MoHs (sister & cousin!) that i'd like a spa day in Brighton then dinner & cocktails.. will have to wait and see what they plan for me!
As we're getting married in June, I think we'll plan it for a May bank holiday weekend for the hen do.. give everyone a three day weekend to recover :cutie:!

Is the stag do the same weekend?
DF wants to go to horse-racing for his, maybe the Grand National or the Derby!

Emma princess: x

Nicola2010
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
No DF had his stag do at the start of March as it had to fit in with his friends, some had holidays booked and alot are season ticket holders for their football teams so needed to be when away games were scheduled. They all went to brighton for the weekend and had a great time!

I wanted DF to have a weekend as i felt i'd been spoiled with my dress so only fair he should feel a bit spoiled too. I only wanted a night as alot of my friends have children and so i wanted to make it affordable for them, i didnt want them to feel excluded due to cost and i'd have a miserable time without them :goodvibes

I think it will be a great night! I love the idea of a spa weekend! We are staying at Saratoga Springs on our disneymoon and we will definitely be making use of their spa, had a massage there in 2008 and it was divine, sooo looking forward to spending the first day chilling out round the pool and doing spa stuff! We are gonna chill and take a slow pace for the 1st week of our honeymoon and then pick up the pace and hit the parks full on once the in-laws arrive from week 2!

disneybarbie
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Sounds good... Saratoga is a wonderful resort! :goodvibes - have you requested a building? we stayed at Congress Park & loved how close it was to DTD! although it was quite a walk to the main area and pool... but I love walking around Disney resorts so it was no worry for me hehe :cutie:

I completely sympathise with the 'season ticket' men.. DF is a hugefootball fan, he supports Port Vale (league 2) but will watch absolutely any match on tv... I guess he loves footie like I love Disney!! :rolleyes:
That's another reason we're having a June 2011 wedding.. no football season/world cup/euro cup to distract him :rotfl:

Happy Easter weekend btw!

Nicola2010
04-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Sounds good... Saratoga is a wonderful resort! :goodvibes - have you requested a building? we stayed at Congress Park & loved how close it was to DTD! although it was quite a walk to the main area and pool... but I love walking around Disney resorts so it was no worry for me hehe :cutie:

I completely sympathise with the 'season ticket' men.. DF is a hugefootball fan, he supports Port Vale (league 2) but will watch absolutely any match on tv... I guess he loves footie like I love Disney!! :rolleyes:
That's another reason we're having a June 2011 wedding.. no football season/world cup/euro cup to distract him :rotfl:

Happy Easter weekend btw!

We havent requested an area this time as wanted to see what other places within SSR would be like. We stayed in The Paddock area in 2008 and that was really nice, i would imagine everywhere on SSR is nice though lol

My H2B used to be a season ticket holder with Chelsea but he decided to give it up last season so that we had more money for the wedding, sweet of him but i didnt want him to as i know he is unlikely to get it back now as they have a very long waiting list.

Enjoy your easter weekend too! We are just watching the chelsea game now lol.

Nicola2010
04-24-2010, 03:43 AM
1 Week Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i'm up early as made H2B breakfast before he went for a day of golf and drinks with his dad and the lads so thought i'd spend some time adding a few updates.

Cant believe we get married in 1 week's time!

Had my hen night last weekend, when H2B gets home i will ask him to put the pics on the pc so i can post some for you all... had a good night, one friend had a little too much to drink early on and threatened us all being allowed to stay in the club so that was a little stressful as i then had to keep an eye on her all night but it's done now.

Had my final dress fitting, no more alterations were needed and it was the right length, didnt get to practice walking in it much so fingers crossed i wont trip all over it on the day :laughing:

My major source of stress this week, as i'm sure it was for alot of others, was the closure of British airspace. We will fly to our Disneymoon next sunday and i felt sick that we might not be able to go due to a flipping volcano :headache:

Ive planned every part of the wedding and honeymoon but i hadnt planned on a volcano trying to stop us in our tracks! I obviously tried to focus on the positive and kept telling myself that at least we could still get married and that is the most important thing... had we booked our wedding to be in florida like we wanted then that could have hung in the balance and i would have been gutted... my heart goes out to any disneybride who has had to deal with this situation and i was praying that it would all be resolved so any UK disneybride who needed to fly, could.

Fingers crossed all seems to be ok at the moment so we started packing last night for our disneymoon! I cant wait to get there even more now, the thought of losing out was horrible... stupid volcano :laughing:

So my plan for today is taking the cravats to the suit shop to be tied and added with the suits. Then i will go shopping for gift bags for our presents to give out during the wedding breakfast.

Tomorrow i am spending some time at the hairdressers and boxing everything up for DF's parents to take to our venue on monday, as they want all reception pieces at the start of the week.

I'm working monday and tuesday and then it is freedom!

Thursday i am off to the dentist for a clean and friday i will be collecting the dresses and doing nails etc

I think the next week will fly by but that is OK with me.... aargh cant believe in a week's time i will be married and flying out to florida!

My last weekend as a Miss, wow! :yay:

disneybarbie
04-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Hi!

Looks like the flights are all back to normal now & that the planes are fine flying in the 'ash cloud' :scared1: ... all of last week I was thinking about people who would have had to cancel there trips to WDW or (even worse) Disney wedding because of it :sad2: ... at one point in the news they were saying it could last months/years??! .. I was imagining having to drive to Spain to fly over to the the USA, or get a boat across the Atlantic :rotfl:

Happy last weekend 'as a Miss' :cool1: !

shippedtosea
04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
hi! I am joining in (a bit late :laughing:) You much be so excited! one week! I really hope things clear up with the volcano. I know how hard that has been. One of my DF's employees is actually stuck in London and can't get back. Its such a mess. Your plans sound great! and I loooove your dress. I am wearing Maggie as well! Hope all your plans go well today.

Disney9.9.10
04-24-2010, 09:24 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the pesky volcano will let you go on your trip without any problems! Congratulations on being married in a week!