PDA

View Full Version : Gina & Kevin's at Home Wedding and Disneymoon 7-24-2010 Save the dates are out !

figmentfan0724
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Good morning all! I have been a lurker on this board for awhaile now. I have decided that even though my wedding is still over a year away, it is never too soon to plan and talk about my plans and get ideas!

My name is Gina and I am 27 years old. I grew up in Pittsburgh, Pa but am now living in Stow, Ohio with my DF Kevin who is 22. I have heard all of the jokes about being a cradle robber, but oh well what can you do when you fall in love?

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/7-18-2007-117.jpg

This is a pic of the two of us on my favorite ride ever Journey into Imagination with Figment!

padisneyfour
03-13-2009, 09:06 AM
congrats and welcome! looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes We lived in pittsburgh for almost 20 years.....so I am familiar We are planning for a WDW VR in 7/2010:goodvibes

figmentfan0724
03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Thank you so much padisneyfour for the welcome and the congrats! I appreciate it.

I have some more time this morning so I want to tell everyone a little more about Kevin and I. First of all we have been together for almost four years and engaged for almost three. I will get back to that in a minute.
Kevin and I met in the summer of 2005 when we both worked for Geauga Lake Amusement Park in Cleveland, Ohio. I was very mean to him in the beginning, I would not agree to go on a date with him for almost six weeks. The age difference was the major factor. I just thought he was too young and I didn't know what other people would say. Finally I gave in on July 24,2005 and we went on our first date. It was an interesting first date. To take the pressure off, I invited a bunch of people over to watch a nascar race at my house and after the race was over and we both felt more comfortable, we drove up to Cedar Point for the afternoon and early evening. he says he knew right away, but it took me a bit longer to realize he was the one for me.

Our engagement story is where the magic happens. We have always been rollercaoster and amusement and theme park people. And almost three years ago we went to Kings Island amusement park for easter weekend. We headed down early on Good Friday and made it to the park right before it openend. All of our friends were also meeting there so it was going to be a good time. I could tell something was up with Kevin the minute we got there. he got really quiet, and very disappointed when our favorite rollercoaster the Beast was closed. But we pressed on and headed to the Racer:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/7-18-2007-287.jpg

we were in line and kevin was still being really quiet. this ride is a racing coaster where on side goes up forward and the other goes up backward. we chose backwards because in all reality its way more fun. We headed out of the station and as soon as wel started up the lift hill backwards, kevin pulled the ring out and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes and I was so thrilled and excited.

We have been engaged for almost three years because we wanted to wait until everything was just right to get married and this past summer everything fell into place. I was looking at a calendar because orginally i wanted to get married in sept and everyone I mean everyone in both of our families had an issue with the date, so I looked at all of the different summer months and I stumbled across July 24, 2010 which just happened to fall on a saturday and just happened to be our 5th anniversary and we determined as a couple it would be perfect and that is where the planning begins.....:love:

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Welcome sweetheart! How sweet is your df!

figmentfan0724
03-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome sweetheart! How sweet is your df!

thank you so much! He is such a sweetheart. I am soo spoiled!

figmentfan0724
03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
This is something that we struggled with for a long time before finally deciding that for the size of the people who would want to attend the wedding we would have to have a home wedding, which in all reality I am alright with. I was disappointed for a few weeks, but I moved on and the planning process for an at home wedding started....

The next question we moved on to was whether or not we should have the wedding at my home in Pittsburgh or around Cleveland somewhere? Kevin's parents wanted us to stay local and when I talked to my mom about it she was in agreement it would be easier to have the wedding n Cleveland. I felt it was very important to have our wedding in a place that is neutral location in Cleveland and that is what we did. We decided to keep the ceremony and the reception near our apartment in Stow. We are getting married at a beautiful catholic church in a nearby town and the reception is taking place at a country club about ten minutes from our house. Kevin picked the country club because he has golfed there several times. I had never seen the place, but when I did I actually fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I can't wait to get pics of the space and then I will show everyone!

MegKate
03-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Reading your engagement story, the thought going through my mind was "thank GOD he didn't drop it!":rotfl: I'm such a romantic!! :goodvibes

Anyodd - welcome to the boards! My DF is about 7 years older than me, and I questioned it when we got together, having a hard time with him being 31 and myself being 24. At that age it seems like a huge difference. But I'm 27 now and he's 34. I still tease him about robbing the cradle, but as the years go by the difference fades.

I'll stop blathering now - looking forward to reading more!! :surfweb:

iheartpluto
03-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats! That's such a great engagement story, and it's strikes home with me, because my DF was planning to propose on the hill up Millennium Force at Cedar Point (we're from Michigan) but he couldn't wait til we were there in June, so he ended up proposing in April in Chicago. I'm so glad somebody got to have a coaster proposal! :)

figmentfan0724
03-17-2009, 07:18 AM
that is so funny that you say that about Millenium Force, I used to work there long ago when i worked at Cedar Point

figmentfan0724
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Good evening and greetings, just wanted to sit down and do some sort of update. It has been a long week! My company is getting ready for inventory and i hate inventory prep, that couple with st patrick's weekend, I haven't really done a lot of the wedding this week. I have been work on some DIY projects for the wedding and rehersal, I will try and get some pics up of that soon. I was supposed to go out with some of my BM's this weekend to try on dresses, but no one got back to me, so I am in Pittsburgh visiting with family instead and watching March Madness with my grandpa!
Hope everyone is well!

iheartpluto
03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Hope you're having a good week! It's been crazy here too, I haven't done much updating to my PJ either, I've been doing :laundy: all day! Talk to ya soon! :)

figmentfan0724
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks! I am actuall going to a wedding tomorrow! maybe I will get some ideas. I also think while i am here I am goin to start lookin for veils. anyone have any ideas on veils?

figmentfan0724
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Greetings from Pittsburgh everyone! I just got home from shopping with my mom and aunt. we were looking at different registry items for my cousin who is getting married in august and then the subject of my registry came up. We were in bed bath and beyond and my mom said something like, I really hope you register here, and I looked at her and said I did. she was suprised and really couldn't understand why i am registered already.
I explained to her that i registered at a few places, just to get a feel for registering. I have not been into stores yet to do the registering with the gun yet, but I have been adding things every once and awhaile when I am sitting at my computer. My mom then looks at me and says why don't you have them print it out, I want to see it. This was very shocking to me because my mom has been real hesitant with wedding stuff, because I think she feels that all of the focus this year needs to be on my cousin who is getting married in august. But I printed it out and I was shocked that it was ten pages! most of the things she kind of looked at and just asked why and others I think she generally liked. we shall see. ! It was great to see her finally get excited over something for my wedding!

Bride-to-be
03-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Your engagement story is so cute! You guys sound like such a fun couple!

I can't believe you didn' talk to your mom about registering!!!!! My mom would be so angry if I just casualy dropped that on her. I am such an indecisive person though - I feel like I am going to have the worst time with it. My mom has been bugging me about picking out china for weeks now and we aren't even getting married until next Feb.

So lets hear it - whats on your list - what kind of stuff did you register for? I guess if its 10 pages just give us a few of your favorites. I have NO idea even where to start when it comes to registering and what to ask for other than china.

So do you have anything else picked out yet like your colors?

The beginning of planning is so exciting. My twin sister put a deposit down on a country club here last week she is now going crazy looking for bands and photographers and everything. It seems like a lot of fun.

Keep us posted!

tiggersam00
03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
:welcome: Gina! Great E-story (very risky lol)! You guys look like a great couple! And how awesome that your mom is pysched for your registry :yay:

figmentfan0724
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Bride-to-be;30929279]Your engagement story is so cute! You guys sound like such a fun couple!

I can't believe you didn' talk to your mom about registering!!!!! My mom would be so angry if I just casualy dropped that on her. I am such an indecisive person though - I feel like I am going to have the worst time with it. My mom has been bugging me about picking out china for weeks now and we aren't even getting married until next Feb.

So lets hear it - whats on your list - what kind of stuff did you register for? I guess if its 10 pages just give us a few of your favorites. I have NO idea even where to start when it comes to registering and what to ask for other than china.

So do you have anything else picked out yet like your colors?

To answer your questions, I actually have a lot done already. Here are some of the things that are done:

Colors: Red, black and silver-mom doesn't like this for a summer wedding but i think it will be great!

Flowers,-mainly red, white, silver and black roses, my florist is amazing! He is a good friend of mine!

Reception Hall- Booked!

Dress- Has been ordered! Its an alfred angelo.. pm me for the link, I am pretty sure DF is reading this and I don't want him to see.

Limo- booked!

attendants picked, and asked already!

I am very thrilled with how much we have done already, it takes a lot of stress off of my mind!

and as for registering, some of my favorite things I registered for are anything Fiesta Ware. I love it. I am opting not to register for China, mainly because we are still living in an apartment and don't have the room for it. I registered for a dyson vaccum, which we need desperatly and I really hope we get, but I am not goin to hold my breath!

we need to get through our big family vacation before we can really focus on wedding stuff and that will happen probably late may early june. I am just gettting done as much as I can when I can !

figmentfan0724
03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Happy friday everyone! I am so sorry I have been such a slacker this week. Things have been incredibly hectic around here. Today is my works inventory and I have been closing all week, which means I have been sleeping during the day, so no planning on this girls end :(.

I will say my mom gave me some good ideas this weekend after the wedding she went to, she now wants to do mini champagne bottles at each of the settings, we shall see though how much that ends up costing.

That is going to be all for now, we will have more honeymoon details later.....

figmentfan0724
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
we're goin to WDW in July of this year as well WOO HOOOOO...details to follow!

Angela0917
04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Yay! A July trip! How exciting! Can't wait to hear details!

figmentfan0724
04-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks Angela! Well here is how the story goes, my DF is in Minnesota for a work related training trip, on the way up there NWA asked him if he wanted to be bumped and he did get bumped and recieved 250dollars worth of travel vouchers and since we have the weekend off already for our anniversary, we just decided to take a long weekend to disney...the only question is where will we stay? We are DVC members so i am hoping to stay at either VWL or AKV-Kidani which of the two we shall see..df is calling tomorrow!

figmentfan0724
04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Well DF didn't get a break today so he couldnt call DVC...so here so hoping he calls tomorrow

malibustacey
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
ooooh love your e story!!! crazy but woo hoooo! :cool1:

youre a cute couple!

ooooh and July....

oooh thats not fair... im not jealous, much!!

Its not far away!! :cool1: yaaaay for you!!!!

figmentfan0724
04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
ooooh love your e story!!! crazy but woo hoooo! :cool1:

youre a cute couple!

ooooh and July....

oooh thats not fair... im not jealous, much!!

Its not far away!! :cool1: yaaaay for you!!!!

thanks for your kind comments. I am very lucky that we get to go twice this year, espcially because we won't be there next year until our honeymoon...

figmentfan0724
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
we are staying at Kidani Village!

Angela0917
04-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Yay for AKL!!! When DF and I were deciding where to stay for our honeymoon, we were stuck between that and Beach Club (regular rooms, not villas), and we ended up picking Beach Club. Then last month I started thinking maybe I should have picked AKL, and I called my TA to see about changing and it was completely booked.:sad2: bummer! But that's ok, I'm very excited for BC too!

figmentfan0724
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Happy Monday everyone! This weekend was very eventful, but I didnt' seem to get anything I wanted or needed to get done. Friday I was supposed to go out with some of the BM's to try on dresses, but that was an epic fail, I couldn't get an appt anywhere, so we didn't end up going.

We went to DF's families for easter and that was fun, I am now just looking forward to our May vacation and then again our July anniversary trip. according the the disney dining line, i can make reservations tomorrow, so i am goin to get up very early for that, there is only one place I want to eat and that is California Grill for our anniversary night. other than that I am kind of lost...any suggestions???

tiggersam00
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
yay for a TR coming up soon! You guys will have a blast!
Good luck tomorrow with your ADR's, hoe you get CG:goodvibes

figmentfan0724
04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
ok i offically hate disney dining.....according to the phone system message it says you can book up to and including july 23, our check in date, but they won't let me make reservations until next friday.....boooooo alright vent over

figmentfan0724
04-17-2009, 09:31 AM
happy friday everyone, i am finally back online after a disaster with time warner cable 2days ago....to make a long story short, they blacked out the Penguins Stanley cup playoff game so we cancelled all of our services and are now with Direct TV...WOo Hooo, I even get Fox Sports Pittsburgh!

As in the previos post I have had issues with disney dining, they say I cant book dining until next friday, i have a few ideas for dining

Df and I decided that we want to recreate our anniversary dinner from last year when we went down, so we are goin to get dinniner at Turf Club the night of our anniversary, which is so exciting cause last year we were at dinner for almost 4 hours and it was so relaxing!

figmentfan0724
04-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, we have really been at a standstill with wedding planning as of late, no one wants to do anything and all they ever say is that you guys have tons of time to worry about things!

DF has noticed that the stress of no one wanting to help or get things together is really bothering me, so last night when I got home from work he told me that we are goin to the Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff game on Thurs! I am so excited and I totally need this. I am a huge Pens fan and have never been to a playoff game so this is a real treat!

Angela0917
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Woo hoo! I'm from Pittsburgh!! Go Pens!!!!! Have so much fun at the game!!!!!

figmentfan0724
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
its goin to be even more fun since they won this evening! wooo hooo

figmentfan0724
04-24-2009, 09:48 AM
well the pens didnt win last night, but we sure had a good time...I just got off the phone with disney dining for our july trip and got pretty much what we wanted here they are

july 23 The Wave
July 24 The Turf Club
July 25 LeCellier
July 26 Chef Mickeys!

figmentfan0724
04-25-2009, 10:02 AM
This afternoon, DF's sister and I are goin to look at some BM dresses. I kind of already know what I want them to wear, but I want them all to be comfortable. Only my MOH has tried on the possibles already so we are goin to see how this goes. This is the dress I orginally picked, it is a Alfred Angelo..http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/bridesmaiddress.jpg

the only difference is that the dress would be in black with the red bow

figmentfan0724
04-25-2009, 10:09 AM
i have also found the headpiece I want! Has anyone gotten theirs on ebay? Any advice?

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/weddingheadpiece-1.jpg

figmentfan0724
04-26-2009, 03:53 PM
We booked our reception yesterday! Woo Hooo. Deposit is paid in full as well here is a pic of the outside

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/reception.jpg

figmentfan0724
05-03-2009, 08:14 AM
So i am pretty sure that I forgot to mention that my flowers are being done by two of my friends who own a floral/party planning company here in cleveland, well as it turns out I get a phone call last night from one of partners, saying that they are unable to do my wedding next year and that their company is closing :( I am so disappointed. I was lookin forward to having them do my wedding and now I have to go look for another vendor :(

Bride-to-be
05-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Even if your friends don't have a formal company anymore maybe they can still do your flowers? :confused3

If not just go out and start looking around - ask them who they would recommend. Look at the bright side - at least you have loads of time. Perhaps your friends will start a new floral company in the next year!

figmentfan0724
05-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Even if your friends don't have a formal company anymore maybe they can still do your flowers? :confused3

If not just go out and start looking around - ask them who they would recommend. Look at the bright side - at least you have loads of time. Perhaps your friends will start a new floral company in the next year!

my friends have broken up...i am hopin they reconcile and maybe things get back to normal, but I dobut it. I am goin to start looking after i get back from my vacation.

Thanks for the support!

figmentfan0724
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
ok here is the deal, after the stress with the florist, I didn't imagine anything else could possibly go wrong, but I have just had another minor setback in the whole planning process. I have been playing phone tag with my priest all weekend to book our wedding day and when I finally got a hold of him today, he said that our date was in fact available, but only for an 11:30am service. this bums me out, I really wanted the 2pm service...

figmentfan0724
05-08-2009, 07:26 PM
heading to WDW tomorrow, but I called the dress shop today and my dress ships on the 19th woooooo hoooo!

figmentfan0724
06-10-2009, 06:27 PM
well good evening everyone I know it has been a long time, but things have gotten a bit busy in my neck of the woods. I went and picked up my dress two weeks ago and it fits perfectly and I am sooo happy with it. It currently is residing in my livingroom closet. My df has promised he wouldn't look and so far I don't believe he has and that is super!

I have also started a fitness program and have already lost 5 pounds and I am super excited!

wedding plans are kind of at a stall right now, I need to get through some things this summer before a lot of stuff is definite. We have an idea on a photographer and that is a relief and I think when we get back from disney in july we are going to put the deposit down if not sooner.

DF has also decided that he wants to add another week onto our honeymoon and i gladly obliged...we are goin to spend five days at disney and then off to a 8 day cruise on a carnival ship....the best thing about it is that DF's dad won a 1200 dollar gift certifcate for carnival. Woo HOo...

Thats all i have for tonight!

figmentfan0724
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
so here is the deal we have decided on our honeymoon change as noted before with disney for a few days and then onto a cruise! Here are the tentative Disney plans and booked cruise plans!

July26-31 SSR 2 bedroom!
July 31- Aug 7 Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise !

figmentfan0724
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Like my main titile states lots has changed since I have been on here. I am a terrible PJ writer and haven't had anytime to really sit down and work on my Pj. I decided that since I have two days off in a row I would sit down and really work on things.

First off nothing really big has changed DF and I are still together and very happy. We are back from our Anniversary trip and believe it or not we are heading back down next wednesday for a long weekend, with that being said, here are some of the updates....

I am not sure if I had mentioned this or not, but its has been a real hassle getting my mom to get excited about this wedding. She can only deal with one thing at a time and until recently she has been spending all of her time dealing with my cousin Beth's wedding, which thankfully is finally over, I will get to more of that later....My mom did come to visit a couple of weeks ago and I was very excited about her coming because I wanted her to meet with our coordinator Jill at our reception site and actually see it. She had never seen it and I could tell that she was nervous about going. When we got there I was a little nervous, we orginally were goin there for dinner, we usually go every fri and it was just nice that this week my mom could go with us. Well i knew instantly when driving up what my mom was thinking, she was a bit confused due to the horse theme at a golf course, but when I explained to her that it used to be a horse farm she understood...then we went inside...we went into the reception hall and luckily for me it was already set up for a wedding :) I wish I could have gotten a pic of my mom's face, she was totally sold. I was also thoroughly pumped that the wedding that was set up had chair covers, she was amazed and is now talking about putting them in the budget woooooo hoooo!:cool1:

figmentfan0724
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
possible table, but in red

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/table.jpg

figmentfan0724
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
new bridesmaid dress

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/6482-600.jpg

figmentfan0724
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I talked to my mom again last night and it seems that she is really on board and really wants to help us with our wedding, I mean she had already agreed to pay for the reception, minus the alchol and now she is talking about paying for the favors and the cake! I am super excited...its goin to help soo much!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

figmentfan0724
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
It has been about two months since I have updated this crazy PJ. I am terrible at this, but I figure its something to keep me busy with the lull in my planning. All of the big aspects of our wedding are complete, now we just need to move on to the little things.

figmentfan0724
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
The floral drama has also been concluded as well. I decided about a month ago that I had to move on from my friends company and the idea that they were ever going to get back together and I found a wonderful woman who does floral out of her home, I scheduled a consultation with her and out we went. We are all booked and boy am I glad to not have to worry about floral!

figmentfan0724
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
So its Monday afternoon, I am off work and I have decided to sit down and work a little on the wedding today. There is not a lot I can do like I said before,we have our DJ booked, Cake Booked, photography booked, florist booked and have had both the ceremony location and reception location booked. Now its on to the little stuff.....Favors, favor tags amongst other little things,

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/decorate2.jpg

these are our ideas for the adult guests, mini champagne bottles with personalized labels and black and red ribbons around the top!

figmentfan0724
10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Good Evening everyone! I am all over the place with this planning journal yes I know. I have realized how hard it is to put things together when you have all of the big stuff done already. Today, however I went in search of a hair salon to get my hair done for the big day. With the recommendation of a friend I went to visit a local salon and absoutly fell in love with the place. I talked to the owner and a stylist and I have decided that I am goin to give them a try with hair cut and color in the next couple of weeks. We shall see how it goes!

Attention Lurkers...I know your out there! Please let me know what you think and what you want to see pics of!

figmentfan0724
11-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Life once again has gotten in the way and I have neglected my PJ. I am so bad at this. Since I have been with you last I actually have gotten a lot accomplished. we booked the cakes, yes that is right you heard me say cakes. We are having a large wedding and we decided that it would be best to have a brides cake and a grooms cake. DF was not convinced of this however. We had three appointments with cake shops, one he chose, one i chose and a toss up.
We went to the cake shop he chose first and all I can say is that I was not impressed, i looked like the shop was in an extended garage. As most of you know, we are doing simple disney touches in our wedding and when we asked them, if they would do the swiss dots like a mickey head they said absoutly not, so this place was a definite no for me. Their prices were not that great either and we didn't even do the tasting there they sent us home with three cakes, a nice gesture, but not what I was looking for.

The toss up cake shop was next. neither one of us knew what to think. It too is a small family run business and I was excited to see what they had to offer. the appointment did not start out well as they informed us they were short of staff and didn't get to pull our cake out of the fridge until about ten minutes before we got there. i do not like cold cake and frosting, but oh well. I was not really pulling for this place, it was however the toss up. We tried the cakes, my DF hates frosting so i new just by looking at the frosting he was not going to like it. i however loved the frosting. it was sooo yummy, but not as good as the actual cake, I don't remember all of the flavors we picked for thist tasting but I do remember the chocolate peanut butter and the raspberry were absoutly my favorite. My DF loved the same fillings as I did. It seemed like we waited forever for the owner to come out to talk to us about our cake, but when she did, boy was it worth it.

figmentfan0724
11-25-2009, 02:59 PM
The owner Barbara finally came out, and we began talking, I told her about my vision and how many people we would be having at the wedding. I by no means wanted a huge cake, I wanted to do a smaller sized caked with a few supplemental cakes in the back. Barb told me that I wanted to make sure that I didn't go to small so the guests wouldn't get worried. I agreed she was right and we went right into the disney question. she suggested right off the bat the swiss dot theory. My face must have lit up like a christmas tree I was so excited and I decided that this shop is definatly a contender. My Df didn't seem to convinced, until we started talking about grooms cakes. She told us they were big into doing shaped cakes, kind of like the ones you would see on Ace of Cakes, this immedialty got my DF's attention as he loves that show and actually wanted to see if they would do a cake for us, but we then determined Duff just wasn't in our budget.
For those who don't know, my DF works for Best Buy as a Geek Squad Covert Agent. Its a new position they are developing where he does work from home on people's computers. DF piped up and asked her if she could do a VW bug as a shaped cake. She immediatly went and got a book where she had actually done one before. Df was intrigued, but wanted to know if she could do a 3D fully stand up version for his grooms cake! I was so excited that DF had finally come around to the idea of a grooms cake!!!! Barb said she could definatly do it, but if he wanted the geek squad logos he would have to get her permission to use them. He knew that was no problem. We thanked barb for her time and let her know we would get back to her with out decision in the next few weeks. My mind was already made up and it looked as if DF's mind was made up as well!

Who would have thought our toss up cake location was goin to be the winner, surely not I, but we did call her back after a week or so of thinking about it and told her that we wanted her to do our cake. DF even got a letter mailed to her with permission to use all of the geek squad logos! WOOO HOOO!

figmentfan0724
12-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! I got my best present today! We got our honeymoon dream reservation with DVC today! We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for a week before our cruise! Woo HOO

KatieLovesDisney1
12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I think it's so awesome that your DF proposed on a rollercoaster. That is so cool and I'm glad he didn't accidentally drop the ring! I actually get Cedar Fair season passes every year and go to Cedar Point all the time. I can't wait to hear more of your plans. :)

figmentfan0724
12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Thx so much for joining in! Where in oh are you? I worked at cedar point for years! Dis u start a pj yet?

KatieLovesDisney1
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Thx so much for joining in! Where in oh are you? I worked at cedar point for years! Dis u start a pj yet?

I live in Akron... it's like 1 1/2 hours away from Cedar Point. We go to Kings Island only like twice a year because I get so bored driving all the way to Cincinatti lol. I haven't started a PJ yet, but I probably will at work tomorrow. I'm quickly getting obsessed with disboards haha.

figmentfan0724
12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh my goodness I don't live to far from you! I live in stow which is about 10 mins outside of Akron. If u need any good vendors please feel free to ask! I think I have met with almost every wedding vendor in Akron!

KatieLovesDisney1
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. It's so random that we live so close. My wedding is going to be at St. Bernard in Akron and the reception at Todaros in the valley. That's basically all I've planned... I don't have anything else yet. I'm still in school so I wanted to get a lot done over break, but I've been so lazy. I reeeally need to find a photographer and DJ like asap though.

figmentfan0724
12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a great photographer! It's a mother daughter team out of Warren when I get home I can pm you the info. I also have a fantastic florist who is amazing and super reasonable ! Let me know what you need and I can send it your way when I get home feo
work tonight! I had most of my stuff planned And deposits paid this past summer! When is your date?

KatieLovesDisney1
12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks! The info would be awesome. Our date is October 9, 2010 but we aren't going on our honeymoon until January 2011.

figmentfan0724
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
That is soo awesome, congrats! I will get that information together for you!

figmentfan0724
01-03-2010, 11:18 AM
So I am at home from work sick today. I was just laying around thinking about our disneymoon and the fact that at the end of the month we get to book our dining! This then brings up the question, do we do regular dining or go all out cause its our honeymoon? Well in my sickly state I could just absoutly go for Deluxe Dining so that is what I am goin to plan for. Here are some of the restaurants I was thinking of...

Artists Point, California Grille, Turf Club, Brown derby, just to name a few, there are some others I would like to try, but not sure, can i have some reccomendations?

PrincessShea
01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't know. I'm not a dining plan fan. It's so much food you have to eat to justify it. Do you really think you could eat two sit down meals almost every day? Do you usually drink pop with your meal? Do you always have desserts with meals? Since you have time you should check out the menus at allears and do some preliminary calculations based on what you think you would order to see if it's worth it or better to just pay OOP.

figmentfan0724
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
for us dining plan is always better. i planned on the deluxe so we can do some of the two credit meals that we don't usually get to do. we are dvc members so we can pay for dining up until we check in, more than likely though we will do the dining plan, its just easier for us

pezaddict231
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
We are huge fans of the dining plan and the deluxe plan in particular but I do see how it wouldn't work for everyone. If you're really light eaters or would normally share meals, it may not be for you.

When we're on vacation we love to really splurge and eat at nice restaurants, we have saved a ton of money using this plan, I did a dining review from our last trip, there's a link in my signature if you're interested.

We prefer eating at the signature restaurants - which are 2 ts credits and DF doesn't like CS so we generally do a TS breakfast or lunch. I don't think eating two sit down meals a day is excessive. When I'm at home I eat three meals a day. The days we do 3ts it is a bit much but usually one of those is a character meal and we just don't eat so much at that one.

We also like having two snack credits, we mostly use them for bottled waters, but it's nice to have a little treat here and there or to get a bagel or muffin for breakfast. We would normally order an appetizer anyway. I would always get dessert and while DF probably wouldn't, sometimes I get to order two and see which I like better! Plus there are so many restaurants we love at Disney that it would be really hard to narrow it down to only a few. Our last trip we had initially planned to do the DP but I had so many OOP meals I wanted to add that it was almost the same price anyway so we decided on Deluxe.

From the restaurants you have listed it sounds like the DxDp would be better since you have a lot of 2ts places on there.

figmentfan0724
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
thanks pez, i will take a look at your reviews. my DF and I are in such a dining rut when it comes to going to disney. it seems like we eat at the same places every trip. I really want to try some new places for our honeymoon! I also think the 2 Snack credits would be good for us, we like to get water and the occasical popcorn while in the parks!

pezaddict231
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
You're welcome! I can definitely see how that could happen, if I left it up to my DF we'd eat at the same places all the time. He laughs at me for reading so many Dining Reviews but it really does help you pick out new places to try. He's always like, are you looking at pictures of Disney food again?!

I love the 2 snacks too!

figmentfan0724
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
if my Df had his way we would only ever eat at Turf Club, which is amazing and LeCellier...My DF gives me a hard time about the amount of time I spend on the boards, but I like to see what people think about places they have eaten and expierences!

figmentfan0724
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Good evening everyone from snowy akron, ohio. Even though the snow is beautiful I got some good news today and some bad news today from my mother....I am goin to start with the positive first......the shoes I want to wear with my dress came in today....

figmentfan0724
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/749/shoesn.gif

so excited and they match the sash of my dress!

figmentfan0724
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
now on to the bad news, well its not really terrible but it does upset me greatly...one of my aunts will not be attending my wedding. My cousins wife just found out shes pregnant and due on the same day as our wedding :(

pezaddict231
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
lol, yes if my fiance had his choice it would be filet mignon every night....which it pretty much is at Disney, hence his love of the DxDP!

The shoes are so pretty! And that's great that it will match your dress!

I'm sorry to hear your Aunt can't make it to the wedding, maybe your cousin's wife will have the baby early or late, I don't really know anyone that has had their baby on the actual due date unless it is C-section...couldn't you save a spot for her and then it would be a game time decision? I'm thinking she is just trying to be considerate and not have you pay for an empty spot.

figmentfan0724
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
First off thanks for the compliment on the shoes, i just can't do heels, one i would be taller than DF and two my feet would kill!

If my aunt lived locally that would be an option, but since she lives in Louisiana i dobut she is even going to book travel. there is a lot more to this story my mom isn't telling me so heres to hoping she has it early, but i am not goin to hold my breath.

pezaddict231
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I definitely hear you on the shoes... my feet almost always hurt me in dress shoes...but for some reason I'm always drawn to really high heels! I'm going to try to be better about my wedding shoes...but I'm pretty short so I need a little, boost.

I didn't realize she wasn't local, I can definitely see why she wouldn't want to book travel arrangements not knowing what is going to happen. Try not to let it bother you, I know that's difficult and it's disappointing, but in the end it will work out.

figmentfan0724
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I know everything will work itself out, but I just feel so cheated ya know? everyone always seems to miss my events! I hate it, what i really hate is when we are at the church my side will be empty and DF's will be overflowing...

DF and I talked about postponing tonight. I was so upset, but once we thought it threw it would never work, we already have so much printed

pezaddict231
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this and that it seems to be something that has happened before with important events, they're the ones that are missing out. The day is all about you and your DF and even if no one is there to see it, it will still be wonderful because it will be about the two of you. I'm sure on that day, you'll be so happy and excited, you'll hardly notice who isn't there, and you'll have so much fun celebrating with the people who are there.

If it makes you feel better, my Uncle isn't attending my wedding because it's hot in Florida in August...and no, he doesn't have any sort of medical condition that is aggravated by the heat. DF's brother and SIL have also been trying to get pregnant and if she does there's a good chance they will miss our wedding... which could cause a bit of a problem since he is the best man, but what can you do? People have to make their decisions and we have to make ours.

figmentfan0724
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
We have some general updates to do today. Df and I just got back from California! We went out there for my cousins wedding and of course we went to Disneyland. I am uploading some beautiful pics now!

figmentfan0724
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/DSC_0430.jpg

this is where we were for the last weekend!

figmentfan0724
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I only have a few updates, my fmil finally decided on a date for my cleveland area shower! woo hoo its goin to be in MAY!!!!!!!!! sooo excited!!!

figmentfan0724
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/DSC_0483.jpg

my cousins gorgeous centerpieces!

figmentfan0724
02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Good Afternoon! Well its all starting to become real! Our save the dates out and so far they have gone over really well! I am so excited. We have had some bumps with our wedding website, but we have gotten it all fixed! I have one girl whos bridesmaid dress is in, but there is still time.

My mom is really on board, I am heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to do some small stuff there, favors, and what not!

I have a hair appt today and I am really not looking forward to talking to my stylist, she is goin to yell at me since I still don't have any ideas for hair! Ugh...I think it would be easier if I had a veil, but who knows, any suggestions ladies? help a girl out!

DF and I also started Spin Class this week! it is amazing. We have our second class tonight and I love every minute of it!

figmentfan0724
11-15-2010, 08:49 AM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/IMG_7063-1-1.jpg

figmentfan0724
11-15-2010, 08:55 AM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/georginachristy/IMG_7999.jpg

jtanddolly
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Congratulations!