PDA

View Full Version : Travelers cheques

scarlet-la-belle
03-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm really sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place, I wasn't sure were to post this. How do you use travelers cheques in Disney world?
Can i just hand them stright over to pay like cash?
Is there any wear in the parks that don't take them?
Thanks alot for you're help everyone :goodvibes

Mickey'sApprentice
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I would cash them at your resort as you go along for spending in the park or you can put them toward your spending on your KTTW card. I plan on using travelers cheques toward my charges on our trip next week.

cm wannabe
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
the last time I was at the world, I use them to pay for our resort and cashed some for pocket money. I cashed them at guest services at POFQ. Have a great time:)

cmdmom
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi, I used them in the parks just like cash. I did not have any problems. I plan on doing this again. :)

MarkinNM
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi, I used them in the parks just like cash. I did not have any problems. I plan on doing this again. :)

yuppers, did the same thing and never had any issues!!

OklahomaTourist
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
yuppers, did the same thing and never had any issues!!

This is good to hear - when I took some TC's on our first trip to WDW in '01, several places (non-Disney) simply wouldn't take them. Period. We didn't take any last time, but I might take some this time for "cash" expenses :)

MarkinNM
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
This is good to hear - when I took some TC's on our first trip to WDW in '01, several places (non-Disney) simply wouldn't take them. Period. We didn't take any last time, but I might take some this time for "cash" expenses :)

Had some "frowns" when we gavw them some of the bigger checks, but still took them....

I was wondering if anybody has tried a prepaid type of card such as the WalMart MC card?? I saw an ad the other day and was wondering what the cost was????

Metro West
03-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi, I used them in the parks just like cash. I did not have any problems. I plan on doing this again. :) :thumbsup2

scarlet-la-belle
03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks alot everyone :goodvibes you were all a big help