PDA

View Full Version : First WDW trip planning questions.

Bsbllmom
03-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I've been reading throug old posts and I am a little confused about some things.

1) If we make a room only reservation can I just give a code, when one comes out, to change my reservation or do I have to make an all new reservation?

2) Can I buy tickets and dining plan seperate? Or does the dining plan have to be purchased with something else.

3) How far in advance can we make reservations?

4) Is it wise to wait for special deals and hope that you get the booking you want.

5) Should we make flight arrangements seperate than everything else or should we include it in either the hotel or ticket purchase? I have never planned a trip with a flight and I am afraid that I will book the room and not the the flight or get the flight and the room will be booked.

Thanks for your help. I feel like it is such a long time away but then when I think about it I start feeling overwhelmed like I won't get it planned properly. Also everytime I think about flying I get this really heavy chest feeling.:scared:

jupers
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I've been reading throug old posts and I am a little confused about some things.

1) If we make a room only reservation can I just give a code, when one comes out, to change my reservation or do I have to make an all new reservation?

2) Can I buy tickets and dining plan seperate? Or does the dining plan have to be purchased with something else.

3) How far in advance can we make reservations?

4) Is it wise to wait for special deals and hope that you get the booking you want.

5) Should we make flight arrangements seperate than everything else or should we include it in either the hotel or ticket purchase? I have never planned a trip with a flight and I am afraid that I will book the room and not the the flight or get the flight and the room will be booked.

Thanks for your help. I feel like it is such a long time away but then when I think about it I start feeling overwhelmed like I won't get it planned properly. Also everytime I think about flying I get this really heavy chest feeling.:scared:

Welcome!

I'll do my best...

1. I think you will need to make a new one...not sure on that one.
2. In order to get the dining plan you must buy at least a 1 day base ticket w/your room. Even if you have tickets, to get dining you must buy 1 for every person going on the dining plan..
3. They're booking through 2009, at least online anyway
4. This is personal...If you are going no matter what then it doesn't matter. If a promotion comes out you have to call to get that promotion even with your existing reservation. For me, if I'm going, I'm going. I wouldn't book with the intention of a promotion because they are so unpredictable.
5. This is also personal. Pricewise there doesn't seem to be any advantage with booking flights with Disney and you can't hunt deals if you do. What you book you really can't change. Depending on where you live flights to MCO may be frequent (from Boston they are) and you may have many choices.

Welcome again, when are you planning for and where are you staying?

DId that help? Any questions I'm happy to answer...

Bsbllmom
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks that answers my questions for now. LOL!! I'm sure I will have a gazillion more.

We are planning the first or second of February and we are staying at the Contemporary. My mom is taking my family and she doesn't get vacation time until the middle of January, my son has pre finals and finals the 3rd and 4th week of January and beginning the 3rd week of February is starting the President Holidays.

So where do we have to buy our tickets from in order to get the dining plan? Do the tickets get sent to us and do we have to show them to purchase the dining plan?

I am so excited and really can't wait to go!!:banana: :banana:

Yeah it looked like you could book up to the 1st of January.

perriwinkleblue
03-13-2009, 11:15 PM
:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:Welcome!!!:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

You will purchase tickets and the dining plan when you make your resort res. You will be issued your park tickets at check-in and your dining plan will be for the length/time of your stay and is linked to your hotel res.

If I'm not explaining it well, they will explain it when you call to book the resort.

Have a great trip :goodvibes