PDA

View Full Version : Take my hand,we'll make it I swear... a wishful Pre-TR

Pages : [1] 2

marivaid
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
March 9th, D-120

I set my dates. July 8th 'til July 27th, both included. This year we were asked to put our dates down early - by the end of February.
Of course, we were not returned the favor yet and so I have no idea if my "wish" will be granted or not.

This is an important job I have. The place can not run without me.
The Big Bosses need me to tell them 6 months in advance when I intend to take my summer vacation as I am a Very Important Person.

I'm a gas station attendant in a supermarket.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. Sometimes I get to work inside the store,too. At those self-checkout registers. Or at a real one. I can even make those "faithful customers" cards. I answer the phone. When I'm lucky, I get to put anti-theft devices on underwear. When I'm really lucky, I get to stack shelves with the guys.

The "promotion" I was supposed to get in September has been pushed back and back again. Last I knew, it was supposed to start in March. I would be in charge of our online store. Might want to tell the Big Boss we might need, let's say, a computer for that. Preferrably one that doesn't run on Windows 98 and includes more than one USB port. Let's just say, I ain't getting my hopes up yet.

What do you do when your job bites ? You dream about going to Disney. You bring the Passporter with you in your little glass cage and take notes between customers. You wear Mickey socks and carry around a Goofy "kooky" pen you got on your last vacation. And when the days are long are boring, you debate the merits of Annual Passes and Dining Plans.

Livin' on a prayer, baby.

luna99
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I normally don't follow along with pre trip reports but anything that you are doing is interesting to me! I hear ya sister on daydreaming the day away about Disney.... I sit at a computer 8 hours a day for work and trust me, I look at photos that I have looked at a thousand times over of all the resorts and daydream about staying at them and relaxing by the pool!

can't wait to hear more of your daydreams! :thumbsup2

ScotsMinnie
03-09-2009, 02:41 PM
So excited you are starting a new one!!! Can't wait and I hope you get your wish!!!

thunderbird1
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
And right from the beginning. And very impressed that your mom has already been immortalized by the Tag Fairy! Can't wait to hear what you'll do with 19 days in FL (someone had best notify "the 'greens" that they need to stock up).

thelittlemermaid83
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Hooked already!

I want to know what Disney character your mum will molest this time around lol.

marivaid
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Like a lot of people these days we're not exactly rolin' in the dough. I recently moved into a apartment that I love - which unfortunately comes with a price tag of 800/month. Currently, I earn about 1100 a month. That doesn't leave a whole lot.
With my dad retiring in September, that means the free lodging we've been enjoying as long as I can remember (he's a school principal and must live on school grounds) is coming to an end. They're buying an apartment, and have to pay moving costs.

The only way we could go on vacation this summer was for us to get free flights with our AAdvantage miles. Last summer, our two flights were something like 2500. That's the budget for our ENTIRE vacation this year.

When I was told that I could either pick July or August for my vacation this year, I almost cried. I'd thought they'd let me take September or possibly June off, since it's not school vacation the flights would be cheaper and we may have a shot at getting freebies.

Still, when I went back home that day I logged on aa.com and checked. Well wouldn't you know, that we could get free direct roundtrips to Miami with our miles, IN JULY ????? I couldn't believe it ! I booked them on the spot, even though I had no idea if my dates were going to be approved (still don't). We can modify the dates of our trip without a fee, so I guess it's not a huge deal if we do have to do that. I just couldn't pass it up - they could have been gone the next day for all I knew.

Next, imagine my surprise when I noticed that WDW had extended their 4-for-7 deal (pay four nights, get three free) to include summer dates. Of course the Poly was calling our name - but we had a great time at CSR in January and it would do just fine. And save us over $700 in the process.

The second part of our trip we woud spend in Fort Lauderdale, at whichever motel we could get. There's like 15 of them on Galt Mile, so I'm not worried.

This summer, we're also going to become traitors.
That's right folks.

Grumpy and the Turkey are going to Universal. :scared1:

marivaid
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
And very impressed that your mom has already been immortalized by the Tag Fairy! .

I self-tagged :)

thelittlemermaid83
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kirby
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Subscribing here too. I love to read your trip reports. I don't know how you do it. I guess if I didn't have one kid in college and another getting ready to go, I'd be at WDW more often. As it is, it's been seven long years since I've been.

mrsksomeday
03-09-2009, 03:22 PM
:banana: YAY, a pretrippie!! I love it! Thanks for letting us know on your TR!!

ididitrn
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Woo hoo!!! You and Grumpy are going back and taking us along for the ride.

Rellagirl
03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Woohoo, a new pre-trip report. Crossing my fingers that you get the time off, cause that means another trip report from you! :cool1: I'll be waiting....:worship:

reelmom
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Yippie! Can't wait to see how this goes.

Hedy
03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Awaiting more.
I'm sorry about your job.

KathyRN137
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Signing on (Traitor!) ;)

Kathy

addicted2dizney
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
OMG!!! I'm going to be there July 8th to the 13th! I can't believe it, after taking three virtual trips with you i'm going to be there at the same time.. hmmmm, new activity for me and the kids.. Marina and Grumpy seeking in the crowds!!! :)

NotSoEvilStepmother
03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Universal?
:scared1:
I've been living 6 hours from a Universal my entire life and I've only been once, long before I remember it.
Oh, well. Orlando is Orlando. ;)

So excited for a new trip. Really, I am. I live vicariously through others TRs. Now if only we could hear a bit about this winters trip. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

punkin1763
03-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Yay! I'm in.....

disneysuncat
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I finally (finally!) figured out how to subscribe to a thread, just so I could keep up with you and not miss one!

Universal, huh? Well I think that any report that could possibly have details of Grumpy on the Jaws ride will be fantastic. :)

Can I join your fan club? I'll give you a dollar for fees. :banana:

whogirl'smom
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm in!

*KeepMovingForward*
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
:banana: Can't wait for all the details! I hope your time off gets approved. So nice of them to keep you hanging. :sad2:

eyor44
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm here. July? you brave, brave woman. But I guess if that was the only time I could go, I would be there also. I hear ya about the job. I have been here for 11 years and it ain't what it used to be. I'm a VIP too. They need to to find things they lose, fix the copier they break, make computer programs work that they can't, etc. In other words, I am momma to 55 men. You should see the panic the week before I go on vacation. Sorry to vent on your thread. I'm here for the ride and can't wait.......popcorn::

Oh yeah, don't feel to bad about Universal. It's different. Just remember, you aren't in Disney and neither are the CMs.

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
You'll be there when I'm there! So very exciting. Perhaps we'll pass by eachother!

MickeyNicki
03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
YAY another Marina and Grumpy report, I live for these! Can I say that I like it when you guys leave sister and girlfriend at home??? :rotfl: As entertaining as they are they are also very frustrating and I have been seen yelling at the monitor and DH asking "Who are you yelling at?" And I have to say, "Marina's sister" and he looks at me like I am an alien.

eyor44
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
YAY another Marina and Grumpy report, I live for these! Can I say that I like it when you guys leave sister and girlfriend at home??? :rotfl: As entertaining as they are they are also very frustrating and I have been seen yelling at the monitor and DH asking "Who are you yelling at?" And I have to say, "Marina's sister" and he looks at me like I am an alien.

Hey Marina, how is Jess? I have been wondering how she has been doing since she lost her dog.

tink1957
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
:woohoo: Oh boy!!! Another pre-trippie from Marina. I can't waitpopcorn::

Good luck getting the time you need. You will enjoy Universal, try to get Grumpy on The Mummy ride, if you dare.;)

coffeehousemom
03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Oh boy I can't wait to hear the Universal stories. Well at least Grumpy wont have to worry about evil Snow Whites trying to enslave her.:lmao:

addicted2dizney
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh boy I can't wait to hear the Universal stories. Well at least Grumpy wont have to worry about evil Snow Whites trying to enslave her.:lmao:

Yes, I but I can already imagine Grumpy's reaction when the cow flies by on Twister! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DisneyMom5
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I love it when a plan comes together! :thumbsup2

I'm not even going to think about how many times you've been since I was there last. :sad2:

Looking forward to reading, as usual!

jillyb
03-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, I but I can already imagine Grumpy's reaction when the cow flies by on Twister! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Wonder if that would be called a milkshake??

AuSable
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I returned from Disney last night. DH and I have all ready started planning for the next trip. I, too, have gone to "the dark side"... had a great time but was happy to return to the Mousehouse. :wizard:

k_reile
03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
oh I hope you get to go. I need to read your report before I go back again in FEB. I wish I could go as often as you and I live in the United States. Or I wish I could go to where you live often too. I like to visit Paris but its nice to go home too!

reelmom
03-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I think you will really enjoy Universal. We go there for a few days every trip because DH likes it better than Disney.:scared1: It's obvious I married him for his looks and not his brains.:rotfl: It is fun but it is different. You can tour at a slower pace although not sure about the crowds in July. Be sure to get Grumpy on The Mummy.

eyor44
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
You can do Islands of Adventure and Universal in one day if you purchase their Express Plus Pass. They don't have Fast Passes like Disney. They have one you can purchase and it is like a front of the line ride. Works great.

marivaid
03-16-2009, 04:55 AM
OMG!!! I'm going to be there July 8th to the 13th! I can't believe it, after taking three virtual trips with you i'm going to be there at the same time.. hmmmm, new activity for me and the kids.. Marina and Grumpy seeking in the crowds!!! :)

You'll be there when I'm there! So very exciting. Perhaps we'll pass by eachother!

We're easy to spot in a crowd, but just to make sure, I'll stick a LGMH on Grumpy's head :thumbsup2

Universal, huh? Well I think that any report that could possibly have details of Grumpy on the Jaws ride will be fantastic. :)

Can I join your fan club? I'll give you a dollar for fees. :banana:

Jaws is the reason why I want to go to Universal - that one and Simpsons, but mostly Jaws. Oh the fan club is free so :welcome: !

Hey Marina, how is Jess? I have been wondering how she has been doing since she lost her dog.

Jess is doing okay. She's starting to talk about her dog again - for months she wouldn't even say her name. She & Alex are both still jobless but at least they're trying to find something. Jess is always talking about Florida and "when she gets to go back...". I'd feel guilty about going without her this summer but luckily, she's not interested. Too hot & humid for her. :banana:

I think you will really enjoy Universal. We go there for a few days every trip because DH likes it better than Disney.:scared1: It's obvious I married him for his looks and not his brains.:rotfl: It is fun but it is different. You can tour at a slower pace although not sure about the crowds in July. Be sure to get Grumpy on The Mummy.
You can do Islands of Adventure and Universal in one day if you purchase their Express Plus Pass. They don't have Fast Passes like Disney. They have one you can purchase and it is like a front of the line ride. Works great.
Oh yeah, don't feel to bad about Universal. It's different. Just remember, you aren't in Disney and neither are the CMs .

Hey, we've done Twister !! I think it was in 2003. I barely remember it, except there was a fire in a trash can. We really didn't enjoy Universal when we went but now I know we toured like idiots - unprepared, unplanned, un-Dised.
We're not doing IOA though just the Studios. I'm way too chicken to attempt any of the rides at IOA and we'll only be there for one day. I was thinking of adding those Express Passes but they are $35 or something for that day. Still plenty of time to decide though :)

marivaid
03-16-2009, 05:12 AM
So this morning (it's not almost noon here) I was browsing Disney's offical mess-site and an ad caught my attention. Sounds like Summer concert. Wow, I'd totally forgotten about them.
Out of curiosity I checked out the dates...

Slippery When Wet (Tribute to Bon Jovi) – June 29 to July 8

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!
Yeah yeah okay I know it's not the actual Bon Jovi. But they're singing Bon Jovi. And I looked them on YouTube, that dude has the Jon moves down, baby.

I had to text my mom immediately

must go 2 epcot 8 july 4 last fake jovi concert omg

got a reply too ...

great will tell class after spelling test

You think it'd make me jump with joy, right ? Well it's freaking me out.

It's just TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Even our plan pretty much made itself.
Because Grumpy wants to go to the Outlets, and we want to go to Universal, but I don't want to leave Disney property, SO we decided that after one week at Coronado Springs, we will move over to a Holiday Inn we know in Orlando and spend three nights there. One full day at the Outlets, one full day at Universal, some time on I-Drive and then off to Fort Lauderdale we go.

Free flights, an easy itinerary, and now Bon Jovi.
It's all working out too perfectly and I can't help being scared that it won't happen. I keep telling Grumpy (and myself) "Don't get too excited, don't forget we may not go at all."....

luna99
03-16-2009, 05:17 AM
You think it'd make me jump with joy, right ? Well it's freaking me out.

oh, don't worry! maybe it's just some disney magic that is working it's way to you before your trip even starts! I have a feeling this is going to be one of your best vacations ever! (well, besides the summer heat! LOL). I can't wait for you to go!

marivaid
03-16-2009, 05:31 AM
oh, don't worry! maybe it's just some disney magic that is working it's way to you before your trip even starts! I have a feeling this is going to be one of your best vacations ever! (well, besides the summer heat! LOL). I can't wait for you to go!

Wow you're up early!!!!! I hope you're right :)

MickeyMomOfThree
03-16-2009, 05:37 AM
I was lured in by your title (I love BonJovi and consider that our (DH and I) anthem...) I am stuck to see it's by you! I read your adventure with your sister and laughed so hard, you have quite a way with words. I don't usually follow too many reports, but I am in for this one!

eyor44
03-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Here's a bit of dust:wizard: I really hope you get to go.

Normangirls
03-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Marina, you have to think positive -- sometimes things work out well for good reason. We are all rooting for you to go, and not just because we want more trip reports from you!

Good karma and pixie dust heading your way!

pixiedust:

*KeepMovingForward*
03-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Sounds like the Bon Jovi tribute band was pure destiny! ;)

jenb1023
03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
After naming your PTR after a Bon Jovi lyric and ending your first post with the rest of that lyric a Bon Jovi tribute band playing during your planned dates is definitely a sign that you have to go on this trip! I think the little tiki guy from the Poly is sending you a message that you have to go back to WDW.

disneysuncat
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
That is some perfect karma! Once, in a rare while, things aren't "too good to be true", they simply are TOO GOOD! Yay, I am happy for you!

Jaws is the whole reason I want to do Universal, too! I read that you will get soaking wet on the left side, so now you know where to place Grumpy. :)

P.S....thanks for allowing me in the fan club, I will try not to be unruly.

Simba22
03-19-2009, 08:57 AM
OMG Marina, seriously....this trip really is like your destiny! You are SOOOO going! :thumbsup2

DisneyTabby
03-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Marina! I'm in and hope everything works out for you guys. Here's some magic coming your way. pixiedust:

Noelle Luvs Disney
03-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I never posted on your other trip reports because I found them after the fact and read through ALL of them in about two days! I can't wait to read about this one, too!

Noelle

marivaid
03-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi guys !! Hope everything is going great for you. I had a lousy, lousy week at work, but it seems to be over for now. I decided not to sweat it anymore and concentrate on our trips, past and future.

Today I contacted "our" motel in Fort Lauderdale and confirmed availability for "our" apartment from July 18-26th. It costs a little more than it used to - actually it's more than what we're paying for our Holiday Inn in Orlando, and I think I will have to discuss adding a day in Orlando with my mom.
The Holiday Inn is booked. So is Disney, of course. All that's missing now are our AA flights from Miami to Orlando on the way in, and our Southwest flights from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. I don't want to book those until I know for sure the trip is a go.

Anyway this is what it looks like for now

We should arrive in Orlando around 5.30 on July 8th. I will do the online check-in so we can save time, because I want to head straight to Epcot and see the last Slippery When Wet concert. Grumpy doesn't think she'll come along, which is okay. Maybe I'll take Jon out for a drink after he's done singing :)

Then we have six full days of Disney. Of course since the park hours are not up yet GRRRRRRRRRR I have no idea which parks we'll do on which days. I do know we want to take advantage of the EMH, morning and evening.

Park hours don't matter very much though because we're going to cut wayyyy back on food. We both want to have dinner at Boma and Fulton's (my shellfish allergy seems to have suddenly disappeared) and we may want to do one character breakfast, but besides those, it will be CS or snacks only. July's gonna be way too hot for big meals anyway.

I'm strangely looking forward to Universal. I'm going to do my homework this time, know the park's schedule, which ride to hit first, etc... I was looking into Island of Adventure a few days ago but I think the rides are too scary for us. There's one thing I'm worried about in the Studios. See, I'm deathly afraid of E.T. and no it's not a joke. When my mother took me to see the movie when I was a little kid, after the scene where his face pops up in the garden, I went to hide under the seat and would not budge even when the lights came back on. It took my mom, grandma, sister, and the theater manager to get me out. I tried to watch the movie again as an adult, and could not make it past that scene.
Guess which ride Grumpy wants me to do at Universal ?? It's her payback for me putting her on Test Track. :scared:

addicted2dizney
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi Marina, so glad things are coming together! I just booked my trip on Saturday! We also arrive on July 8 and are staying until the 16th! whoo hoo! 9 days and 8 nights, my longest dis trip since i was a little kid! We are staying at POP and my daughter is going to be staying part of the time with a friend at Coronado Springs because there is a children with Diabetes meeting happening there from the 8th-11th. Her best friend was diagnosed last summer and wants Jenna to come along.. so of course I just HAD to go too! I will be starting a PTR soon, I know it's so frustrating waiting for park hours, etc.. I want to get planning!!!

angela3676
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Marina,

My family and I usually always do Disney and Universal. This will be our first year to do Disney only. I love both parks but Disney will always be my number 1. Have fun and take plenty of breaks.

29apr00
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
WOO HOO!! A PTR and it sounds sooooo good!! A bon Jovi tribute band!?!?! What a way to start the trip! Now if your darn boss would just approve your time off!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl:

marivaid
03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
So upset I can barely type. I don't think the trip is going to happen, but to be honest it's the least of my problems. I got called in the director's office today and was given an official warning because I'd been "fresh" with my supervisor (she's been on my case every day for the past 6 months). I am so sick of this job, they've been stringing me along for nearly a year now, I have been VERY patient I think, they are constantly asking me to do extra work (unpaid of course), filling in for people who don't come etc... that's how they thank me. Went to see my doctor and he has me off work 'til Tuesday but I don't even know if I can come back then, I want to smack the **** out of this woman. Bottom line is I have to find something else, which is not going to be easy, and will most likely mean giving up my vacation this year.

Hedy
03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
So upset I can barely type. I don't think the trip is going to happen, but to be honest it's the least of my problems. I got called in the director's office today and was given an official warning because I'd been "fresh" with my supervisor (she's been on my case every day for the past 6 months). I am so sick of this job, they've been stringing me along for nearly a year now, I have been VERY patient I think, they are constantly asking me to do extra work (unpaid of course), filling in for people who don't come etc... that's how they thank me. Went to see my doctor and he has me off work 'til Tuesday but I don't even know if I can come back then, I want to smack the **** out of this woman. Bottom line is I have to find something else, which is not going to be easy, and will most likely mean giving up my vacation this year.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

DisneyTabby
03-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Hang in there. We're all here for you to vent.:grouphug:Keep a positve attitude as hard as it may seem.

eyor44
03-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Gosh, I'm really sorry you had a bad day. :grouphug:
sometimes bosses just stink.

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
so so sorry if you need to talk pm me!

29apr00
03-27-2009, 10:39 AM
:hug: so sorry your boss is being a b!tch! Hopefully you can find someting better soon, and still have vacation time available.

jenb1023
03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry!!!

I hope you find a new wonderful job and can tell those jerks *@#&*@*& (insert expletive of choice here).

:hug:

*KeepMovingForward*
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm so sorry things with your job are going so awful. I'd love to be there to give a swift kick in the butt to your boss! I really hope that things turn around and you have some good news soon. :hug:

ScotsMinnie
03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
So sorry to hear your hassle. :hug:

Hope it all works out for you
Lx

ididitrn
03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry things are tough right now...hope things turn around for you quickly.

thegreggersmom
03-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Hang in there -- things WILL work out for the best!

marivaid
03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
(I'm completly blocking out the work stuff.. just thinking that I have to go back Tuesday is making me wanna hurl...)

Things I want to do this trip !!!

I know you guys are gonna mock me for saying this, but, IT MAY BE OUR LAST TRIP for a while !!!! And we have six full days onsite. I really want to do as much as possible and try some new stuff too.

- Rent a Sea Raycer at CSR (can't do it around MK or Epcot because neither of us have a driver's license).

- Try the new Characters in Flight balloon at DTD - hopefully they don't have a weight limit.

- Go to the Barber Shop in MK and get colored gel and pixie dust ! I want to do that every trip but we never get around to it.

- Do at least one of the country movies in World Showcase.

- Ride Astro Orbiter. I really want to see MK from up there at night but I read so many reports of people feeling like they were gonna fall off, it scares me. Nevermind though. No one has ever fallen off that ride and if I'm the first one to do so, well at least it'll make me special :)

- Listen to the Slippery When Wet concert !!

ScotsMinnie
03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Sounds like good plans to me!!!!!

We will also be there for the Slippery When Wet show. Might keep an eye out for you both!

Hope it all goes OK at work on Tuesday. Don't let them get you down.
Lx

DisneyTabby
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Great plan. Try to do as many as possible. Good luck at work on Tuesday. Think Disney thoughts...::MickeyMo: :eeyore:: :goofy: :simba:: :tigger:

thegreggersmom
03-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I highly recommend renting the Sea Raycer! A friend and I rented from the GF and had the BEST time. Gave us a whole different perspective of the area -- and it was just plain fun to zoom around.

marivaid
03-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi ya'll :) I'm feeling better today. Work was okay - I think I scared the carp out of them (now THAT is a funny picture!!!). I have never taken a day off for sickness and I guess they saw what happens when I'm not coming to work - they got yelled at by the Big Boss on Sunday because things weren't done properly and they had to admit to him, well, Marina is the only one who knows how to do it... Man I wish I would have seen that.
Anyway everyone was extra-nice, and the best part is, when I asked tonight when the vacation dates would be approved they told me MINE WERE !!!!
I kept my cool and told my supervisor "Oh that's nice, this way I don't have to give you my resignation in June." Now that's one gasp I thoroughly enjoyed. :happytv:

So unless something major happens - knocks wood - WE ARE COMING, MICKEY !!!

I gotta send a fax to our Ft Lauderdale motel and confirm our reservation... wish I could do it on the phone but they are Polish and we simply can't understand each other. My French accent + their Polish accent = us booking a boat instead of a room.

Now if Mickey & his buddies could please release park hours already! I'm spending 10 hours at the station tomorrow and would very much like to do some planning. Come ooooooooooon Disney!!!!

Ya wanna know how happy I am ? When I came home from work I went straight upstairs in my mezzanine to find my luggage :rotfl: bumped my head on the ceiling, and barely noticed. Then I went outside to throw away the trash and scared my new neighbour half to death. Turned out I split my scalp open and I had a huge glob of blood going through my hair and forehead.
Think I made a LOVELY first impression, yeah ??

marivaid
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds like good plans to me!!!!!

We will also be there for the Slippery When Wet show. Might keep an eye out for you both!

Lx

Are you going on the 8th ?? If you are then look for the wacko at the front mouthing every word and screaming "JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN".
There may be more than one though :)

Great plan. Try to do as many as possible. Good luck at work on Tuesday. Think Disney thoughts...::MickeyMo: :eeyore:: :goofy: :simba:: :tigger:

Thank you !!!

I highly recommend renting the Sea Raycer! A friend and I rented from the GF and had the BEST time. Gave us a whole different perspective of the area -- and it was just plain fun to zoom around.

Were you scared at all ? Grumpy said no way is she going in that thing. I may do it by myself while she spends the afternoon at the pool. She's afraid of falling off in the gator-infested lake. I'm just afraid of bumping into something or someone... do they train you a bit before letting you go off on your own?

29apr00
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah! So glad you are able to go! And your must do's this trip sound very good! I can't wait to see your hair after the barber shop!

eyor44
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi ya'll :) Ya wanna know how happy I am ? When I came home from work I went straight upstairs in my mezzanine to find my luggage :rotfl: bumped my head on the ceiling, and barely noticed. Then I went outside to throw away the trash and scared my new neighbour half to death. Turned out I split my scalp open and I had a huge glob of blood going through my hair and forehead.
Think I made a LOVELY first impression, yeah ??

Marina
I am sooooo glad that things went better for you at work. Would have loved to have seen your boss's face when you said you were glad you wouldn't have to turn in your resignation. :lmao:

Are you okay? I'm mean, blood means hurt and pain. :sick: I know. I hit my head a month ago at work and had to have stiches and it was a little cut. But I understand.....that is what visiting the mouse will do to some of us. The little things just don't matter when we are in planning mode.

DisneyMom5
03-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Sorry about your head, but... :woohoo:

Glad you can start seriously planning!

addicted2dizney
03-31-2009, 05:41 PM
ouch! your head! but hoooray for your trip! I will be looking for you at that concert! I arrive about 3 that afternoon and I'm heading right on over there! <3

ididitrn
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Woo hoo!!! I'm glad things are looking up for your trip :cool1:

little1kry
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
So glad to read your good news! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

DisneyTabby
03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm happy for you Marina.:) Can't wait to hear more good news. How bad was your head?

reelmom
03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Great news! Sending some pixie dust your way so that it continues.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Hope that your head is ok.

marivaid
03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone !!!

I'm officially in "Disney going" mode. Slept a total of 45mns last night (it's 5.40am now) good thing I can do my job on automatic. Got out of bed 10 times during the night because I *had* to find my lanyard, pins, and Mickey heads from Home Depot immediately - got 2 out of 3, where the heck are my Mickey heads ????

Oh and the head is fine, thanks for asking :) Not that there's much in there worth protecting :lmao:

Have a great day/night !!!

mrsksomeday
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
There is a beautiful, witty mind to protect, so take care of it please :hug:.

thegreggersmom
04-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Were you scared at all ? Grumpy said no way is she going in that thing. I may do it by myself while she spends the afternoon at the pool. She's afraid of falling off in the gator-infested lake. I'm just afraid of bumping into something or someone... do they train you a bit before letting you go off on your own?

Wasn't scared but I am a big fan of the water. Didn't think about the gators! :scared1:

They give you life jackets and some simple training. We were practically the only ones out on the water so you'd have to try really hard to hit someone. As I recall it was not all that expensive so, at worst, if you hate it you can just come back to the dock early.

What body of water would you be on? Did you say you'd be renting from CSR?

And so glad to hear that they wised up at work!!!

addicted2dizney
04-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone !!!

I'm officially in "Disney going" mode. Slept a total of 45mns last night (it's 5.40am now) good thing I can do my job on automatic. Got out of bed 10 times during the night because I *had* to find my lanyard, pins, and Mickey heads from Home Depot immediately - got 2 out of 3, where the heck are my Mickey heads ????

Oh and the head is fine, thanks for asking :) Not that there's much in there worth protecting :lmao:

Have a great day/night !!!

If ya don't find the mickey heads, no worries.. I can mail some off to you! Just let me know! i'm at home depot all the time! :goodvibes

CPer'sMom
04-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm glad to hear things are going better! :) I'm sure you're in FULL planning mode now that July hours are posted!! :banana::banana:

addicted2dizney
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Yay! gettin closer.. look at my countdown since you arrive the same day! :)

winkers
04-06-2009, 10:14 AM
sorry about your head, but I have to admit it made me laugh! Just thinking about your neighbors response when they saw you makes me smile. I know, I need help.:rotfl:

NotSoEvilStepmother
04-06-2009, 06:53 PM
. There's one thing I'm worried about in the Studios. See, I'm deathly afraid of E.T. and no it's not a joke.

Oh. My. Gosh.
Me too. No joke at all. People always call me crazy for being afraid of E.T. but now I know I am not alone. I was forced to watch it in school when I was very young too and I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks straight.

Guess which ride Grumpy wants me to do at Universal ?? It's her payback for me putting her on Test Track. :scared:

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny.
I don't remember much of the E.T. ride other than screaming through the whole thing (I was 7 or so at the time, though). Just thank goodness they took it out in California.
Good luck.

marivaid
04-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Oh. My. Gosh.
Me too. No joke at all. People always call me crazy for being afraid of E.T. but now I know I am not alone. I was forced to watch it in school when I was very young too and I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks straight.

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny.
I don't remember much of the E.T. ride other than screaming through the whole thing (I was 7 or so at the time, though). Just thank goodness they took it out in California.
Good luck.

:rotfl: I too thought I was alone !!! Every time I tell someone I'm afraid of ET their reaction is disbelief. Well sorry folks ET IS SCARY !!!!!!!! I can't even look at the stuffed animals they have in the Universal stores. OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

marivaid
04-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Dates are confirmed, park hours are up... and Grumpy's credit card is blocked.

We used the card to try & purchase our Southwest flights and it automatically blocked our card as a "security measure". Grumpy's banker called but of course she never checks her messages, so she had to go to the bank today. They told her they do that to make sure the card is being used by the real cardholder. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO those are airplane tickets ! OF COURSE it's us ! Grumpy's been at that bank for 10 years don't they know by now that we take planes like other people take the bus ???

My mom said the block was lifted but I just tried again and it still won't accept the card. The flights have gone up of course, not by a whole lot but still... Grumpy is mad because she's paying something like $150 a year for her Premier Visa card and we can't even use it. Grrrrrrrrr ! Good thing our payment is not due for Disney or we could lose our 4/3 deal! :mad:

eyor44
04-07-2009, 07:16 AM
OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

No, ET does not roam at Universal so you are safe. Honerstly, I really don't remember the ET ride as being scary. Nothing pops out at your or anything.

brer_rabbit
04-07-2009, 08:34 AM
:rotfl: I too thought I was alone !!! Every time I tell someone I'm afraid of ET their reaction is disbelief. Well sorry folks ET IS SCARY !!!!!!!! I can't even look at the stuffed animals they have in the Universal stores. OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

Oh thank you thank you thank you for saying you're scared of ET too. I'm TERRIFIED of him! On my first day at university the girl i was sharing a room with had a stuffed ET on her bed :scared1: I switched rooms shortly after!

BUT the ET ride isn't that bad - the only bit I really didn't like was the introduction video with Spielburg and *the real ET* so if you go on it maybe just shut your eyes at that bit. I thought the ET characters in the ride were pretty lame.

By the way I think your trip reports are great :thumbsup2

NotSoEvilStepmother
04-07-2009, 08:57 AM

:rotfl:I can't even watch the little snippets they play in previews on movies when it's in there. I cover my ears, close my eyes, and shout random sayings until it's over with.

As eeyor44 says, there is no ET roaming the studios.
Thank the Lord Almighty.

Oh thank you thank you thank you for saying you're scared of ET too. I'm TERRIFIED of him! On my first day at university the girl i was sharing a room with had a stuffed ET on her bed :scared1: I switched rooms shortly after!

BUT the ET ride isn't that bad - the only bit I really didn't like was the introduction video with Spielburg and *the real ET* so if you go on it maybe just shut your eyes at that bit. I thought the ET characters in the ride were pretty lame.

By the way I think your trip reports are great :thumbsup2

We have another one! :woohoo:

I just remember not liking the ET ride and screaming on it the whole time. It could just be my (cough) old (cough) age and memories doing it to me. Most likely. I convince myself like that quite often.

Sorry to have hijaked this PTR. :rolleyes1

marivaid
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM

This is hilarious !!!! My mom bought a stuffed ET at Universal and one day I was in her room talking to her, turned around and there it was facing me. I screamed like a banshee and ran to my room !!!! Grumpy almost passed out from laughing. I had no choice but to move out!

I cover my ears, close my eyes, and shout random sayings until it's over with.

As eeyor44 says, there is no ET roaming the studios.
Thank the Lord Almighty.

:rotfl::rotfl2:

CherylA
04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
So I read your trip report, I think it was the one where your mom turned 60. Is that the one where you went in August? I found it because we're going on our 1st Aug trip and I thought it would be fun to read TRs of people who went at the same time of year. Well I so enjoyed your TR that I searched for your other TRs and I'm devouring them all. I started at the beginning and and working my way toward the more current stuff. I'm just about to start the "why I didn't talk to my sister for a week" report. Anyway I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your reports! Keep em coming!:lovestruc

k_reile
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
So I read your trip report, I think it was the one where your mom turned 60. Is that the one where you went in August? I found it because we're going on our 1st Aug trip and I thought it would be fun to read TRs of people who went at the same time of year. Well I so enjoyed your TR that I searched for your other TRs and I'm devouring them all. I started at the beginning and and working my way toward the more current stuff. I'm just about to start the "why I didn't talk to my sister for a week" report. Anyway I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your reports! Keep em coming!:lovestruc

the sister one was the BEST one! Well they are all good and funny...but seriously this one takes the cake!

addicted2dizney
04-15-2009, 09:35 AM

ooohhh I you are in for a treat! great reading! Marina has a gift with her TR's but that one takes it as the best! I will be in Disney the same time Marina and Grumpy are and I told my daughter that the people from that TR will be there. My daughter is sooo excited about that! Marina is disboard royalty! :goodvibes

CherylA
04-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Yup I'm enjoying it big time so far! So where is Marivaid? I'm subscribed to this pretrip report and she has nothing exciting to tell me about her trip planning? Surely she must have some new developments. Where are you Marivaid?:rolleyes1

marivaid
04-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm ashamed to say I have done NO planning yet. :guilty:
Haven't even looked into ADRs. I may regret this very soon... I did look at the park hours, and was a bit disappointed because AK only has evening EMH once while we're there, and that's on the day we're supposed to move over to I-Drive !!!

Now that I think of it, better call & get that reservation for House of Blues since that's the one we seem to really wanna do.

CherylA
04-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh evening EMH's at AK are amazing. I only got to do it once because I think they are Wednesdays and we almost always do a midweek to midweek trip, so it's either our arrival day or departure day or both! We're managing it for our trip in August. If you've never done it try to fit it in, it's so relaxed and it looks different at night, you never get to see that!

marivaid
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, I think the trip may not happen, because I'm about to go to my mother's and tell her off big time.

So, I've moved out PARTIALLY in mid-January.Since I don't have my driver's license and had to rely on my father for transportation - which, trust me, is easier said than done, I still have quite a bit of stuff left at their house. Considering it's in my room which they have no use for, I don't see what the problem is. I move stuff as fast as I can, WHEN my dad agrees to give me a ride with the stuff. I offered to pay to rent a small truck so we could do it all at once but he said no, he will not drive a truck. Whatever.

Well today my mother & my sister was at the house and since they were bored and had nothing to do they decided to sort through and pack MY stuff. I call her up tonight to see what she's doing and she just says that to me with a laugh.

Now this is my mother we're talking about. We haven't met yesterday. She's known since I was like twelve not to touch my things without me present. She's learned that when I ran away for two days when she decided it was a good idea to go through my desk and shelves and to throw away what I "did not need". She HAD to know it would drive me bonkers.

Anyway, first thing Tuesday I'm asking my friend if he can drive the store's delivery truck from their house to my apartment this week and I'm getting everything there is. I don't give a rat's butt if they "don't like strangers in their house". I don't like people going through my things, we're even.

Apparently I wasn't packing fast enough for her. She seems to forget that I haven't had four weeks of vacation in the past 2 months like she's had. I've had one day a week, and on those days I had superfun things to do like laundry.

It baffles me that my mom keeps on doing those things SHE KNOWS will make me crazy mad after all this time. She can go to Florida by herself and see how much fun she'll have. :mad:

WDWKrazedKitty
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Aww, Marina. I can totally relate. I a private person myself, and went through this kind of thing many times with many different people. I can understand how invasive it feels. Hopefully things will work out just fine for you. I know how badly you wanna go... and see 'Jovi'. :cool1: Sending good vibes your way!!!! :hug: ----------Autumn

P.S. You can always go in late Sept. when we are!!! LOL We could have a blast! ;)

eyor44
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Maybe Grumpy is feeling a bit odd for you to move out. My mother basically did the same thing the last time I moved out of their second trailer. She and one of her friends packed up a bunch of stuff and then she even gave some stuff I was saving to her friend's daughter. :confused3

and this was after she said I could leave the stuff there as long as a liked. Not to rush. :confused3

pixiedust:

don't cancel Disney just yet.

marivaid
04-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Aww, Marina. I can totally relate. I a private person myself, and went through this kind of thing many times with many different people. I can understand how invasive it feels. Hopefully things will work out just fine for you. I know how badly you wanna go... and see 'Jovi'. :cool1: Sending good vibes your way!!!! :hug: ----------Autumn

P.S. You can always go in late Sept. when we are!!! LOL We could have a blast! ;)

Maybe Grumpy is feeling a bit odd for you to move out. My mother basically did the same thing the last time I moved out of their second trailer. She and one of her friends packed up a bunch of stuff and then she even gave some stuff I was saving to her friend's daughter. :confused3

and this was after she said I could leave the stuff there as long as a liked. Not to rush. :confused3

pixiedust:

don't cancel Disney just yet.

Well I just got back from there and my mom was very agressive, I replied that if she wanted to get rid of me so badly then maybe she should take Jessica with her this summer. :rotfl:

This is EXACTLY what she told me when I got my apartment. My parents are moving themselves in late August, they don't need my room for anything. It's not like they can start packing and want to put the boxes in my room, they don't even HAVE boxes ! Heck I wasn't supposed to move until June, but I found a place accross the street from my job, a place I love, and couldn't pass it up.
I moved about 3 blocks away from their house, and we agreed it would be stupid to pay for movers, that we would bring stuff up every week - which is exactly what I've been doing. But I've been very busy this past month and didn't bring much. I don't get why suddenly there was a need for me to get my stuff out ASAP.

Oh and the best part - I went to check what they did. Well mostly what they did was take what I had put in huge boxes (too big for me to carry), things I had no need for in the immediate future like old videotapes, stuffed animals etc... well they took what was in the huge boxes and put them into smaller ones. I told my mom that it was very useful indeed - now all I had to do was take everything out again because I had brought the boxes so that I could bring stuff home that I actually need.

Sometimes I just don't get people. Why do something that you know is going to make someone mad ???

mrsksomeday
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Marina :hug:, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. That would really upset me too to have someone go through and move my stuff. I would do what you were planning, get the person to help you just move everything now.

kid-at-heart
04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
You, young lady, should collect your trip reports and use them to write a book based upon your experiences in Disneyworld. You have the gift of telling a funny story. Your book could even be a fiction "based upon truth". Keep up the reports. You are very entertaining! :goodvibes

29apr00
04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
:rotfl: I'm sorry your mom went thru your stuff!! Does she think you are still 15 or something?? Yikes!

tnmt
04-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I hope you guys make up soon

WalkingintheFog
04-23-2009, 08:39 PM
I copied this snippet from "Grumpy turns Sixty"

"I'd been sound asleep for a while when I heard a big BOOM. I jumped up and turned on the light.

Grumpy had rolled off her tiny bed onto the floor - but she was still sound asleep! The bed was so low to begin with she probably hadn't even noticed she'd fallen off it. I couldn't help but laugh, and that woke her up...

"mmm hein heuh but what....what am I doing on the floor?????"

I was laughing so hard I couldn't answer. She started to laugh too when she figured out what she did. I helped her back up and we tried to get back to sleep but every few minutes one of us would burst into laughter.

Phewww... thank god for clutziness and low beds. The nastiness was gone from both of us!
"

Maybe if you spent the night at their place, and snuck in her room at night to push her off the bed, it might help you two make up.:lmao:
I'm pretty sure it would make you feel better!:rotfl:

Baloo
04-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Awww Marina...I hope things work out for you.:hug:

WalkingintheFog saidMaybe if you spent the night at their place, and snuck in her room at night to push her off the bed, it might help you two make up.:lmao:
I'm pretty sure it would make you feel better!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now there's a GREAT idea!!!

peemagg
05-03-2009, 03:25 PM
How is it going Marina? Have you and your Mom patched things up?

DisneyTabby
05-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Marina, How's it going? Hope to hear from you soon.

eyor44
05-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Hello! :wave2:
Are you busy at work again? I finally took a real day off. It was great.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing from you.popcorn::

addicted2dizney
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Marina! Where are you? Let us know how things are going for you. We're all here for you. Hope it's all good!:grouphug:

marivaid
05-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone, thank for still being here ! Yeah Grumpy & I are fine and the trip is still on :) Nearly paid off too :) Just been very busy here with work and a few other fun things but unfortunately mainly work :laughing:

Still haven't made a single ADR. I don't know why but the mere idea of picking up the phone and talking to the Dining people makes me tired. I guess cause I answer the phone all day at work. Never been much of a phone person anyway. And it doesn't help that except for the House of Blues thing I still don't know WHEN to put those reservations. The park hours are not inspiring at all this time and I can't seem to get an itinerary together.

addicted2dizney
05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone, thank for still being here ! Yeah Grumpy & I are fine and the trip is still on :) Nearly paid off too :) Just been very busy here with work and a few other fun things but unfortunately mainly work :laughing:

Still haven't made a single ADR. I don't know why but the mere idea of picking up the phone and talking to the Dining people makes me tired. I guess cause I answer the phone all day at work. Never been much of a phone person anyway. And it doesn't help that except for the House of Blues thing I still don't know WHEN to put those reservations. The park hours are not inspiring at all this time and I can't seem to get an itinerary together.

Hi,
glad to hear you are doing well and just busy. I know the feeling about the ADR's. I am always so ready to do it but I just finally made mine on friday and I leave the same day as you. 59 days till arrival in the world! :love:
I had a hard timing figuring things out too... I'm sure I'll do some last minute switching around as I always do. :rolleyes1

I LOOOOOVE your statement under your avatar! soooo funny! probably one of the funniest things I had read in your trip reports!

reelmom
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Yay! You are back. Glad that you made up with Grumpy. We must know the details.

marivaid
05-25-2009, 02:53 AM
A little update :) Our CSR reservation is paid off, yay !!!! I have started planning a little bit but still haven't made ADRs (I know, I know....)

Here's what we got going so far....

July 8th - arrival night
Hopefully will not be too tired & will head to Epcot to catch Slippery When Wet's last performance.

July 9th
Magic Kingdom morning EMH
possibly Crystal Palace around 10 or 11 (depending if I can still get a breakfast ADR or not)
- afternoon break at the resort - Get back to Epcot late afternoon & stay for evening EMH

July 10th
Hollywood Studios morning EMH
That one will be a quickie, couple rides on Tower of Terror & maybe Toy Story if we can get a FP. Grumpy suddenly wants to see the Indiana Jones show, I think she'll hate it but if she wants to do it we will.
- afternoon break at the resort -
Evening at Dowtown Disney with dinner at Fulton's and a ride on the Characters in Flight balloon (preferably BEFORE seafood orgy as do not think lobster is meant to be thrown up from the air).
Depending on how late it is when we're done, maybe stop by MK for EMH.

July 11th
Animal Kingdom morning EMH. Possibly breakfast with Donald. Really want to see the Nemo show this time and I hope they'll start shows before 11am this year...
Evening - no idea yet. Maybe Epcot. Maybe miniature golf in the dark (I like that idea!). Maybe just stay & chill at the resort ?? Or dinner somewhere fun if I can get a reservation. Does anyone know which resort the miniature golf is closest to ? If they would only add Fantasmic that night, I'd know what to do.

July 12th
Gospel brunch at Downtown Disney. Some shopping.
Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom, we'll close the park !

July 13th
Morning at Epcot.
Evening not sure yet. I know we want to dine at Boma but not sure when. Hollywood Studios has EMH so we could have gone for a couple rides before heading to Boma. OR we could go to AK in late afternoon for a change.

July 14th
Maybe Animal Kingdom in the morning.
Definitely Epcot in the evening for EMH.

I'm having trouble planning evenings because the parks close so much earlier than they did last year. Unless they had more Fantasmic performances we'll skip it this trip, because the way it is now we'd have to give up evening EMH at Epcot or MK in order to see it. Nuh-huh not happening, sorry Mickey you'll have to save your dream without us. Besides I'm not crazy about waiting for Fantasmic in summer - too hot too sticky, too brazily.

Still need to work on that itinerary because 1/we don't get to Epcot until late in the stay and 2/only 1 night in MK aint gonna be enuf... I should put Fulton's on Saturday night but then that means going to DTD on Saturday night and then back again on Sunday morning, not fab.

Simba22
05-25-2009, 08:09 AM
July 11th
Animal Kingdom morning EMH. Possibly breakfast with Donald. Really want to see the Nemo show this time and I hope they'll start shows before 11am this year...
Evening - no idea yet. Maybe Epcot. Maybe miniature golf in the dark (I like that idea!). Maybe just stay & chill at the resort ?? Or dinner somewhere fun if I can get a reservation. Does anyone know which resort the miniature golf is closest to ? If they would only add Fantasmic that night, I'd know what to do.

According to this wonderful map I found on wdwinfo.com (that I often use as my desktop background), the mini-golf courses are next to DHS. Looks like the Swan & Dolphin, BWI and BWV are closest....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Map_WDW_Resort.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm&usg=__Wuqa1ZYp7uhIgUEBuBI3moyw8SA=&h=1018&w=1600&sz=285&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=6vR2q-eSmDfi-M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddisney%2Bworld%2Bresort%2Bmap%26gbv%3 D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

PS - I am glad that you and Grumpy are friends again! We just moved out in March and are having the same problem you are...we have all of our important stuff out but our room still has some leftovers...well she reminds me every time I talk to her that our stuff is still there. As if I didn't know! I just don't have TIME to go and get it, not to mention, my car is a two-door coupe. Unless I remove EVERYTHING and go by myself, I won't have enough room for it all. But "renting a truck is a waste of money...your step father has a truck." OK...and neither of you ever want to help me!! Oh and did I mention that neither my mother or my step father has even been to SEE our new apartment? Nice, right? My sister moved out of the STATE and they go see her at least once a month. I live 20 miles away and they have never been to see us yet. AHH!!! MOMS!!! :rotfl:

ididitrn
05-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Have you done the Gospel Brunch before? It's so much fun and the food is great!

tink1957
05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
:yay:Glad you're back & making plans again. Sounds like fun. I can't wait to hear about CSR when you return, we're staying there in Sept.

addicted2dizney
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Plans look great! I was wondering about you this past weekend as I paid off my reservation. Only 44 more days to go! Can't wait!! Cant wait to hear more of your planning! :)

winkers
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm glad everything is ok with you and your Mom and you're still going on your trip!

I think Mom's can really push our buttons, because they're the one's who installed them.;)

*KeepMovingForward*
05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Your trip will be here in no time! :woohoo: Plans sound great so far.

peemagg
05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I know of a place that you should think about eating at. We tried the Turf Club over at Saratoga for dinner last week and was really surprised. It was one of the best meals we had all week! It is a hidden gem!

WalkingintheFog
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
According to this wonderful map I found on wdwinfo.com (that I often use as my desktop background), the mini-golf courses are next to DHS. Looks like the Swan & Dolphin, BWI and BWV are closest....http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Map_WDW_Resort.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm&usg=__Wuqa1ZYp7uhIgUEBuBI3moyw8SA=&h=1018&w=1600&sz=285&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=6vR2q-eSmDfi-M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddisney%2Bworld%2Bresort%2Bmap%26gbv%3 D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

I've been making friends with Google Earth lately.....it shows
Fantasia Gardens minigolf as being right by the Dolphin (across a divided road... use the crosswalk please!)
Here the co-ordinates from Google Earth:
2821'52.25"N
8133'40.39"W

The other Disney minigolf, Disney's Winter Summerland, is right at Blizzard Beach, they share that parking lot.
Here are the co-ordinates:
2821'10.80"N
8134'25.16"W

I tried minigolf (one of those Pirate Adventure courses off site) for the first time ever last Sep, and it was so fun! (I didn't win. The others did wayyyyy better than me, but at least I did show a bit of improvement at the end!
(FYI, that course was just 2km from DTD at the end of Hotel Plaza Bvld..in the parking lot where the Gooding's Grocery store is/was).
I plan to try the Disney ones this Sept!

PS - I am glad that you and Grumpy are friends again! We just moved out in March and are having the same problem you are...we have all of our important stuff out but our room still has some leftovers...well she reminds me every time I talk to her that our stuff is still there. As if I didn't know! I just don't have TIME to go and get it, not to mention, my car is a two-door coupe. Unless I remove EVERYTHING and go by myself, I won't have enough room for it all. But "renting a truck is a waste of money...your step father has a truck." OK...and neither of you ever want to help me!! Oh and did I mention that neither my mother or my step father has even been to SEE our new apartment? Nice, right? My sister moved out of the STATE and they go see her at least once a month. I live 20 miles away and they have never been to see us yet. AHH!!! MOMS!!! :rotfl:

Yeah, tell me about it!
When I "first" moved out in to my own apt, everytime I went to my parents', Mom would have a carton of my stuff in the front porch.... I'd bring it down to their laundry and put on the shelves. She caught on, and kept putting a box at the door every time I'd be there....eventually I had to start taking them! But I also managed to "borrow" Dad's stepladder, some tools, a teak dining table and chairs.... heehee! :)

CherylA
05-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Fantasia mini golf is great and it's a short walk from the Dolphin. I'm so glad to see an update from you! Now off to your TR to wait for something to happen over there :rolleyes1

Mrsdisneyb2b
05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I know of a place that you should think about eating at. We tried the Turf Club over at Saratoga for dinner last week and was really surprised. It was one of the best meals we had all week! It is a hidden gem!

Iheard they are good! Definitely try it we may swing over too! What did you get?

Mrsdisneyb2b
05-27-2009, 10:50 AM

Glad you guys patched things up.Things with my mum and I are not too splendid but, I know we will make up soon enough...

What adrs are you looking to do? I can help out if you want for those days!

Heluvsme
05-27-2009, 02:27 PM
OK, I'm late in reading this PTR, but I heard you had started this and I'm still on Grumpy turning 60!!!

I love your reports, thanks for keeping me fed!!

OH, and I love under your avatar....your mother is a Pluto molestor, too funny! That picture absolutely made me practically pee my pants laughing!!!!

:lmao::rotfl2:

jj1403
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I always love reading your trip reports! Keep them coming!

peemagg
05-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I had the steak and my mom had the pork loin. I liked the steak, but it had blue cheese on it. My mon really liked the pork loin. It cut with a butter knife and came with a chutney of some sort. I had a taste of it and it was delicious.

marivaid
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, what do you know... I finally got off my butt (okay, I was laying on my stomach, I don't care IT STILL COUNTS!!!) and called to make ADRs.
Got Fulton's at the time I wanted which was cool but I could only get Boma at 5.45pm (wanted 8pm) and nothing was available at Crystal Palace for breakfast after 9am (not working for us). Usually I have no problem getting the weird times we ask for, dinner at 9pm and breakfast at 11am...
What happened to the online ADR thing, anyone know ???

I can't believe we only have a little over a month to go until our trip. It's so unreal. I've been really busy so it went so fast !!! The new job thing is finally getting off the ground so that's great, except it means I'm in training at 5am until 9am, then off to pull in my regular 9am-8pm hours (with an hour break for lunch). Obviously, they're trying to kill me so they can go to Florida with Grumpy. Obviously.

eyor44
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Got Fulton's at the time I wanted which was cool but I could only get Boma at 5.45pm (wanted 8pm) and nothing was available at Crystal Palace for breakfast after 9am (not working for us). Usually I have no problem getting the weird times we ask for, dinner at 9pm and breakfast at 11am...
What happened to the online ADR thing, anyone know ???

I can't believe we only have a little over a month to go until our trip. It's so unreal. I've been really busy so it went so fast !!! The new job thing is finally getting off the ground so that's great, except it means I'm in training at 5am until 9am, then off to pull in my regular 9am-8pm hours (with an hour break for lunch). Obviously, they're trying to kill me so they can go to Florida with Grumpy. Obviously.

WooHoo for ADRs!:woohoo:
What online ADR thing? You could make ressies online? I didn't know that.

Is this the job you were suppose to start last Fall? Well, about time they got around to training you. Sounds like something that would happen at my job. Okay, going to be nosy here. Are you getting paid for the training? Extra Disney $$ is always a good thing. :thumbsup2

ougrad86
06-01-2009, 12:46 PM
There is a thread on the Resturants board all about the ADR's since they switched to 90. I guess Free Dining is wreaking havoc, and although they keep on planning to bring it up, it seems to keep on getting pushed back. There is a link, but it doesn't go anywhere, so telephone is still the only way. Hope you didn't have to wait long - I have heard waits are terrible.

marivaid
06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Is this the job you were suppose to start last Fall? Well, about time they got around to training you. Sounds like something that would happen at my job. Okay, going to be nosy here. Are you getting paid for the training? Extra Disney $$ is always a good thing. :thumbsup2

:rotfl::rotfl2::happytv:
PAID??? Wazzameans ????
Nope. The big boss loooooooovessss "recuperating" hours. Which means I'm not getting paid, but they'll "owe" me hours that they'll have to either give back to me (by cutting my hours that week) or pay me if they're not "recuperated" by December 31st. It can work out great especially if they owe you a lot of hours (when we went in January it was paid time off, because the store owed me something like 45 hours).

If you're a cashier inside the store they'll make you leave early several times so they end up not owing you anything, but since I'm the only one who works the station and sending me home early would mean closing down early, the hours pile up pretty fast.
Hopefully by fall they'll realize it and give me a week off again.Mmmmm wonder where I could go ????

Normangirls
06-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's why the people I work with think I have completely lost it.

Amy (my co-worker): Do you really like Bon Jovi?
Me: Um, they're O.K. Why?
Amy: Well, once in a while you walk around here singing Living on a Prayer, so I figured you were really into them. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Me: No, see, it's Marivaid's fault. Every time someone posts to her Pre-trip Report, the song title flashes on my screen, and I can't help myself. I don't sing when I get a notice about Grumpy turning 60, though.
Amy: (Stares at me for a long minute) O.K. I have to go now. (She scurries away as quickly as she can)

Anyway, thanks for the update. And the music in my head.

:dance3:

marivaid
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Amy: Well, once in a while you walk around here singing Living on a Prayer, so I figured you were really into them. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Me: No, see, it's Marivaid's fault. Every time someone posts to her Pre-trip Report, the song title flashes on my screen, and I can't help myself. I don't sing when I get a notice about Grumpy turning 60, though.
Amy: (Stares at me for a long minute) O.K. I have to go now. (She scurries away as quickly as she can)

I SHOULD be hitting you on the head for saying Bon Jovi's "O.K." (FYI, in case no one has told you yet, Bon Jovi is AWWWWWWWESOME and Jon is God with a back wax). But you just made me laugh so hard I'll let it slide, just this time. :cool2:

eyor44
06-04-2009, 12:03 PM

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:
I have had very similar conversations and responses where I work also!:rotfl2:

lisalonglash
06-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Only 33 more days until you and your Pluto molester:laughing: are back in WDW! :yay: I'm glad you got at least some of the ADRs you wanted - I hope we'll get ours too!

Wooohooo for your boss finally getting his derriere in gear and for you having the trip nearly paid off! :woohoo:

Can't wait to read about your adventure! :cheer2:

marivaid
06-15-2009, 03:03 AM
We're officially gone bonkers.

Looks like we'll skip Universal this trip... we need to make a few cutbacks... we've had to make unexpected changes to our trip. We'll also switch to a suite at Holiday Inn instead of a regular room.

Four people in a room is a lot, ya know.... yeah four... we're kind of taking Jessi & Alex with us.

Oh Lord Almighty.....

NWOhioAngela
06-15-2009, 05:33 AM

Looks like we'll skip Universal this trip... we need to make a few cutbacks... we've had to make unexpected changes to our trip. We'll also switch to a suite at Holiday Inn instead of a regular room.

Four people in a room is a lot, ya know.... yeah four... we're kind of taking Jessi & Alex with us.

Oh Lord Almighty.....

Is June 15 some sort of French April Fool's Day, because YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

addicted2dizney
06-15-2009, 06:59 AM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

omg! Nooooooo waaaaaaay! :lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::confused3:rotfl:

Please don't be surprised if a woman comes up to you and asks to take a picture with you, grumpy Jessi and Alex. That will be ME! At least I have a reason to look forward to the end of my trip... that will be reading your trip report! :thumbsup2

*KeepMovingForward*
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
we're kind of taking Jessi & Alex with us.

Oh Lord Almighty.....

Yikes! I hope its not a repeat performance of last time. :scared:

coffeehousemom
06-15-2009, 09:42 AM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

we've entered The Twilight Zone!!!

29apr00
06-15-2009, 09:49 AM
NO WAY!! :scared1: I realize your sister has had a rough couple of months...but OMG I can not BELIEVE you are taking her and Alex again! :worship: You are a stronger woman than me!

But...DANG this is gonna be another awesome TR! :rotfl:

lisalonglash
06-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

Seriously?! :scared1: No, come on, seriously?!?!!? :lmao:

CherylA
06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

What!!!??? You're just taking them to bump up your TR readership! A sequal. This is going to be good!:rotfl2:

reelmom
06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
:scared1: Now that I regained consciousness, WHAT?:scared1:
This is gonna be fun...................at least for us.

starann
06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
WOW....I can't wait for this HIGH-LAR-RIOUS TR!!!!! My lawd girl....are you a glutton for punishment?

How did all of this transpire?

winkers
06-15-2009, 01:28 PM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scar ed1::scared1:

Are you crazy??? You know the definition of insane is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.:rotfl2:

on a totally selfish note........this will make for another hilariously painfull trip report!:lmao:

addicted2dizney
06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
OK Marina... this is not fair.. you can't leave us hanging here... HOW in the world did this come to be? And you all in the same room???? Please, please, please tell us more! :)

mom3sonstt
06-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Oh gosh - let me join the masses who can't believe my eyes! I hope there are a long list of expectations and consequences spelled out ahead of time. :headache: But maybe this time they will know what they are getting in to and will behave in a perfectly Disney-acceptable manner! :rolleyes:

captainj
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I think she kept thinking about the alligators and thought, "hmmmm, if only my sis would come along . . . (insert evil laugh)"

Marina, I keep trying with my sister too, hopefully this time is what you wanted last time.

yakkin' yeti
06-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Egad! and also Yikes! :eek:

jillyb
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Yep...I'd say it's offical...ya'll have definitely gone bonkers. But as PPs have said, this is going to be one veryyyyyyyy entertaining trip report! LOL You have GOT to tell how this is happening again.

marivaid
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Okay, I may have scared ya'll for nuttin. :guilty:

This weekend we discussed taking Jessi with us,the reason being that she's been VERY helpful (she put all my furniture together, helped me move boxes, helped fix some electricity thing, she even got rid of nasty mushrooms I found way back in my closet no it's not a dirty metaphor you sicko....)

We never planned on taking her to Disney, it's a waste of money. That we all agree on. But we thought she could join us at the Holiday Inn in Orlando, then come to Ft Lauderdale with us. Problem is, Jess won't fit in an economy seat with the armrest down. I can barely fit, and she's got 40lbs on me now. First class seat is not an option and we can't really count on her having an empty seat next to her. So, after a lot of discussion, we said we would take Alex if she could pay half her flight. It wouldn't have added much $$$ wise as far as accomodations go, a suite at the HI would only be $75 more and it would cost us $10 a night to add them to our apartment in Lauderdale.

Last night we were pretty much ready to buy the plane tickets and I was worried and glad at the same time. I mean, the last trip was a catastrophe but she's my sister, ya dig?

But now Alex says it's not reasonable, it's the last thing they ought to be doing with the little money they have.
She feels embarassed because my mom already pays their rent and most of their utilities.
We're going to let them talk about it & decide at the end of the week but it looks like it's gonna be another boring Grumpy-and-Turkey TR :rolleyes1

*KeepMovingForward*
06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
We're going to let them talk about it & decide at the end of the week but it looks like it's gonna be another boring Grumpy-and-Turkey TR :rolleyes1

No matter who is or isn't on your trip one thing is for sure-your TR's are never boring Marina! ;)

Hedy
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, this should be good!

ididitrn
06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
This is going to be interesting...

addicted2dizney
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
for God's sake your mother molested Pluto! How boring can it be??? lol! :)

punkin1763
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM

:rotfl:

Hedy
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
It's still going to be a good TR...

jillyb
06-16-2009, 10:43 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

winkers
06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Mushrooms in your closet!!!!!:scared1:

I don't think any of us a would ever put you and boring in the same sentence!

mrsksomeday
06-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I have loved all of your reports. I was just thinking how many times you would be using the phrase "life is a butterfly" before I read they probably won't go. You are never boring.

marivaid
06-17-2009, 12:27 AM

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Tag Fairy, where are you ??????

No matter who is or isn't on your trip one thing is for sure-your TR's are never boring Marina! ;)

It's still going to be a good TR...

I don't think any of us a would ever put you and boring in the same sentence!

I have loved all of your reports. I was just thinking how many times you would be using the phrase "life is a butterfly" before I read they probably won't go. You are never boring.

Boy you guys are good for my ego :grouphug:

I think they're going to come. Flights' gone down a little and they're really excited about it. So am I, to be honest. I just hope I won't regret it ! At least this time I know I will not have done any planning for them so I won't be as disappointed. Plus Grumpy & I still get to be at Disney by ourselves :)

captainj
06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I have learned with my sister that if I go into a meeting with her (be it dinner or a weekend getaway) with NO expectations, we have a pleasant enough time. I don't expect the worst, and I don't look for rainbows and roses, and things turn out MUCH better. Good luck to you and if worse comes to worse, they won't ruin your Disney groove!

disneyvacalover
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Cannot wait to hear your trip report!

eyor44
06-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Cannot wait to hear your trip report!

DITTO!!!!

Here's a little pixiedust: for you. After pretending to be sick and not eating when you went to Boma's and then getting food from the food court later, well, you are a wonderful and forgiving soul Marina. I hope you have the best trip.

29apr00
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
sounds like an interesting trip.

WalkingintheFog
06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh Lord Almighty.....

Is June 15 some sort of French April Fool's Day, because YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scar ed1::scared1:

on a totally selfish note........this will make for another hilariously painfull trip report!:lmao:

I'd gladly pay for extra channels on my cable tv if I could get a live feed in the Reality Show that is your life!!!! Heck, just the narration alone would be worth it!

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surf web::surfweb:

Winkers, she might need a prozac or 2....:eek:

mouseketeer70
06-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Jess and Alex again? :scared1::eek::scared::confused::sad2:
But then again, this should make for some interesting reading!popcorn::
Good thing is, it shouldn't ruin your fun this time since they can sleep all day while you and Grumpy enjoy Disney! :yay: Now THAT's a plan!

marivaid
06-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I may give myself a beating over this in a month or so, but what's done is done... they're coming ! Jessi & Alex will be joining us in Orlando on July 15th.

Disney is still just Grumpy & me. I know I said "no ADRs!" but then the online thing started working and I got lucky, so now we have a bunch of them. Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, Donald's, Boma, Kona, Fulton's and Crystal Palace.
Ooopsie :) But how could I pass up Le Cellier at 7pm on Epcot's EMH evening????

Gotta get ready for work now yuck... have a great day everyone!

reelmom
06-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Whatever happens will be good for us.:rotfl: Glad that you got the ADR's you (didn't) want. How was the new online system? Was is fast and easy?

eyor44
06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
:woohoo: Yay for ADRs!:woohoo:

LadySincere
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
well holy begeezus. That will be some good reading :) and NEVER say your TR's are boring. I especially love you playing with the lemon condoms ;) that was probably my fave part.

BONITATIME
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I love your trip reports always but the family trip was certainly your best.
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
Take care and have patience

winkers
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
:

Winkers, she might need a prozac or 2....:eek:

I don't think that would be strong enough.:rotfl2:

Not taking them into "the world" this time is a good idea.:thumbsup2 But do you ever feel like you're paying for them to fly and spend a week in a hotel?

You could save alot of money if you just put them in the car blindfolded , then drive around untill they're confused and check them into a hotel. It'd be just like florida.;)

mouseketeer70
06-20-2009, 11:51 AM
You could save alot of money if you just put them in the car blindfolded , then drive around untill they're confused and check them into a hotel. It'd be just like florida.;)

I'm with Winkers...put a picture of Mickey somewhere in the room, make sure they have some delivery menus, and they are all set.

k_reile
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM
marina...i'm starting to plan my trip for early feb 2010 and i have heard so much about Casey's hot dogs on these boards but i have a question for you. I have had Casey's hot dog at DLP and I WAS NOT impressed....are WDW's hot dogs better (i hope) or have you even had either one?? COurse i found all the food I tried in DLP gross!

marivaid
06-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm with Winkers...put a picture of Mickey somewhere in the room, make sure they have some delivery menus, and they are all set.

Awww you guys are mean but you're cracking me up !!!!!!!!
They're both REALLY excited to go. Jess is spending her time finding stuff to visit while in Ft Lauderdale. You should have seen Grumpy's face when she said the words "museum" and "lauderdale" in the same sentence. That totally confused her ! We like to do a bunch of stuff when we're in Orlando but Lauderdale is beach+shopping for us. :rotfl:

marina...i'm starting to plan my trip for early feb 2010 and i have heard so much about Casey's hot dogs on these boards but i have a question for you. I have had Casey's hot dog at DLP and I WAS NOT impressed....are WDW's hot dogs better (i hope) or have you even had either one?? COurse i found all the food I tried in DLP gross!

Grumpy had a hot dog at Casey's and said it was really good. I had those little pieces of heaven called corn dog nuggets and yummmmmmmyyyyyyyy.
I can't tell you much about the food at DLP, haven't been there in ages and when I went it was with Grumpy's classes and the school provided lunches (that we had to eat outside the park).

marivaid
06-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have gone ADR-crazy. That online system is going to cost us BIIIIIIIIIG MONEY!!!
We're looking into upgrading at least one of our tickets into an AP and buying the DDE card again.

Here's what I have now for this "low food budget" trip :rolleyes:

July 9th
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Dinner at Le Cellier

July 10th
Lunch at Sci-Fi
CS at MK that night

July 11th
Breakfast at Tusker House
Dinner at Boma

July 12th
CS at Epcot
Dinner at CRT (yep,seriously)

July 13th
Brunch at Boma
Dinner at Fulton's

July 14th
CS at MK
Dinner at Cape May

July 15th
Lunch at Kona

... SO FAR....

It's because I've been living on yoghurt and Special K cereal for a week. On sale at my store and I'm trying to spend as little as possible until we leave.

We're also going to go to TGI Friday's and Margaritaville after we leave Disney.

Grumpy agreed to go to CRT provided Snow White wouldn't be in attendance :lmao:

mouseketeer70
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I have gone ADR-crazy. That online system is going to cost us BIIIIIIIIIG MONEY!!!

Dinner at CRT (yep,seriously)

Grumpy agreed to go to CRT provided Snow White wouldn't be in attendance :lmao:

It sounds like the online system is working pretty well. I am anxious to try it.
CRT should be fun for you guys! Grumpy will probably end up loving it!

addicted2dizney
06-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Marina! You may need to rob a bank before you get here! lol.. That's a lot of ADR's! They look like a lot of fun though! Trip is getting close! sooooo exciting!!! :)

kid-at-heart
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

You are a kinder lady than I... :scared:

eyor44
06-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Okay, we are definitly going to need to see a picture of you and Grumpy at CRT.
I love Margaritaville. When we were there just a couple weeks ago DH and DS drove over to Universal just to have lunch there.

Question: They have museums in Fort Lauderdale?????:confused3

mom2faith
06-22-2009, 04:14 PM
OK. After just stumblig upon your pre-trippie a few hours ago I am finally all caught up.

I am wiping the tears from my eyes - but I am caught up!!:rotfl:

Marina you make me laugh!! I am so excited you are going again!!!

But, I have a request. Make sure your TR includes the non-Disney time with your sister and Alex. That stuff is just too good!! I cannot miss her antics!! I mean after the blister, the Pirate & Princess Party and everything else that happened last trip - I do not care if it is a Disney TR or not, you have to keep us posted on your time in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale!!

Amy

Rellagirl
06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok, I'm finally caught up again. Looks like the next trip should be interesting if anything, between Slippery When Wet and Jessi & Alex. Yup, gonna be entertaining summer reading on the Dis...popcorn::

starann
06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Marina..............what did it run you to go to walmart in a taxi each way?

thanks!

DisneyTabby
06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Great ADR'S. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Mndisneygirl
06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Your TRs are HYSTERICAL!!! I am so glad I found this one, now I have to go back and make sure I read the last one!
I too am a JBJ worshipper, so the title caught my eye. Ahhh, Jon. you have to check out this new thing where he is singing Stand by Me with a Iranian singer. It's all over the news sites with a link to Don Was' site. Very cool.
Sorry about the diversion...

Anyway - I'm definitely subscribing to hear more about this trip!
I've just about wet my pants reading the last 13 pages, but I couldn't stop to go to the bathroom until I read the whole thing! Now, I must excuse myself.

29apr00
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
how did you score Le Cellier and CRT in 1 trip!?!?! WOW Way to go! Those ADR's look great, sounds like a LOVELY trip!

jenb1023
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I am slowly catching up on all of my TR's after being off the DIS for a few weeks and I come back to. . . We are taking Jessi and Alex. :scared1: I almost fell off the bed! I hope you realize what a good person you are! And I agree with everyone else - all of your TRs are entertaining and you have to include the time when all four of you are together in your TR.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Two trips to Boma? Sounds good to me. We love it there. The rest of your ADR's look pretty darned yummy too. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and hopefully this will be a great experience this time with Jessi and Alex along. :goodvibes

marivaid
07-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I have a request. Make sure your TR includes the non-Disney time with your sister and Alex. That stuff is just too good!! I cannot miss her antics!! I mean after the blister, the Pirate & Princess Party and everything else that happened last trip - I do not care if it is a Disney TR or not, you have to keep us posted on your time in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale!!

Will do :) As long as it's allowed to post non-Disney TRs on the DIS, that is.

Okay, we are definitly going to need to see a picture of you and Grumpy at CRT.
I love Margaritaville. When we were there just a couple weeks ago DH and DS drove over to Universal just to have lunch there.

Question: They have museums in Fort Lauderdale?????:confused3

Yeah cause Grumpy is soooooo going to let herself be photographed with Cinderella :lmao: she likes the idea of seeing Suzy & Perla though. We're going really late (9.30pm) so she hopes "the sleepy one will be gone to bed already" :rotfl:
Museums in Ft Lauderdale, I mean, seriously... Lauderdale is beach+malls. What the heck if she wants to go see Museums, its her choice. That gal is getting weirder by the minute.

Marina..............what did it run you to go to walmart in a taxi each way?

It's about $30 each way from what I remember. A little more $$ than the Premium Outlets.

you have to check out this new thing where he is singing Stand by Me with a Iranian singer. It's all over the news sites with a link to Don Was' site. Very cool.
Sorry about the diversion...

No sorries ! The song is sooo cool. That Andy guy looks like a sweetie. Plus it's a nice change from Michael Jackson because of course I had to dig out all my Jackson mp3s this week. Don't ya know, baby, yeah....

how did you score Le Cellier and CRT in 1 trip!?!?! WOW Way to go! Those ADR's look great, sounds like a LOVELY trip!

The online ADR system loves me. I dream about it at night (seriously). I changed our CRT reservation today and got one for July 10th. Of course, it's at 9.30pm but that's not something we mind.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and hopefully this will be a great experience this time with Jessi and Alex along. :goodvibes

Keep your fingers crossed ! Alex' back has been hurting her lately (and no it's not because of the knife in it) so I just hope it won't give her trouble while we're there.

starann
07-04-2009, 07:59 PM
OMG.....THREE DAYS to go?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!:woohoo::woohoo:

YAHOOOOOO something to occupy my time now!!!!! YAY!:banana:

I can't wait! ALthough by the time you get back, I will be in OBX for a week, come home for a week then leave for Vegas! Then, I get to come home and start planning out WDW trip for Oct of 2010!!!!!! Happy 30th B-day to me! I must say fighting with DH 2 weeks ago was SOOOOOOOO worth it, in guilt, he told me to book the trip!!!!!

marivaid
07-04-2009, 08:07 PM
OBX ? What's OBX ?? And why aren't we going with you????

Kirby
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Will do As long as it's allowed to post non-Disney TRs on the DIS, that is.

Of course it is. Just include it with your Disney TR. People are putting Washington DC TR's on the CB, so I see no reason that you can't put non-Disney stuff from your trip here. ;)

eyor44
07-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Almost here! :thumbsup2 Have a great trip Marina. :banana:

ididitrn
07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Have a wonderful trip...can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

DisneyTabby
07-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Have a safe trip!!!! We'll be thinking about you guys:)

starann
07-05-2009, 11:32 AM
OBX ? What's OBX ?? And why aren't we going with you????

OBX is the Outer Banks, an area of island in NC, beautiful area, soft, clean sand, clean warm warter!!!! We have friends that live there year round and are going to be staying with them...........we can't wait to see them again!!!!

lisalonglash
07-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I seriously can't wait for your TR - can't wait!!! :goodvibes

Have a fantastic time, Marina!!!! :cool1:

reelmom
07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Hope you and Grumpy have a great trip. We will be patiently:rotfl:waiting to hear about it.

MomofCKJ
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Just found this but have loved your other reports. I see you are leaving like tomorrow it appears! Have a magical time and I can't wait to read all about it!

Allyson

Mndisneygirl
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Have an awesome trip!! Stay cool!:cool2:

marivaid
07-07-2009, 01:13 PM
... procrastinate

It's 8pm. We're leaving at 6.15am.

I have not packed.
My apartment is a mess.
I have no idea where my passport is.

And what am I doing ? DISing, and watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 videos on You Tube.

Funny story, yesterday I decided to spare the other people on the plane the smell of my Skechers and so to wash'em, since my washer has a "footwear" program. It did say on the paper not to put any washing liquid in there but of course I know better ! I am Marina Queen of the Whirlpool, right ???
Damn thing filled with bubbles and lathery stuff, I had to fish my shoes out of there and empty the washer with a cup. Most of it went on the floor.

I wouldn't care if my place was a mess, usually, but the insurance guy is coming on the 15th (my dad'll be there) to check on the floors. There was water damage before I moved in my apartment, then another water damage a couple months ago, and the floor is literally OFF the floor now, like a couple inches off the ground. I stumble over it every darn day. There are mushrooms in my coat closet. The guy HAS to come. But I'd rather he not meet with my dirty laundry and half-eaten avocado (yes I eat avocado in the bath tub, don't you???).

(PS : trying VERY hard not to this about this poor kid on the monorail. Or about Michael Jackson. Or about that plane at the bottom of the ocean. I'm not heartless - just denying reality.)

LuvnDizney
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Have an absolutely fabulous trip Marina. I too love avacado, just not in the bathtub, but I do like it in a sandwich!!

Melissa

addicted2dizney
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
... procrastinate

It's 8pm. We're leaving at 6.15am.

I have not packed.
My apartment is a mess.
I have no idea where my passport is.

And what am I doing ? DISing, and watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 videos on You Tube.

Funny story, yesterday I decided to spare the other people on the plane the smell of my Skechers and so to wash'em, since my washer has a "footwear" program. It did say on the paper not to put any washing liquid in there but of course I know better ! I am Marina Queen of the Whirlpool, right ???
Damn thing filled with bubbles and lathery stuff, I had to fish my shoes out of there and empty the washer with a cup. Most of it went on the floor.

I wouldn't care if my place was a mess, usually, but the insurance guy is coming on the 15th (my dad'll be there) to check on the floors. There was water damage before I moved in my apartment, then another water damage a couple months ago, and the floor is literally OFF the floor now, like a couple inches off the ground. I stumble over it every darn day. There are mushrooms in my coat closet. The guy HAS to come. But I'd rather he not meet with my dirty laundry and half-eaten avocado (yes I eat avocado in the bath tub, don't you???).

(PS : trying VERY hard not to this about this poor kid on the monorail. Or about Michael Jackson. Or about that plane at the bottom of the ocean. I'm not heartless - just denying reality.)

Have a safe trip! I'll be looking out for you and your mom. Please don't look freaked out if some crazy disney woman comes up to you and says Hello! :goodvibes:hippie:

mrsksomeday
07-07-2009, 02:17 PM
:hug: Sending you pixie dust for a safe, fun, great weather trip!

marivaid
07-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Have a safe trip! I'll be looking out for you and your mom. Please don't look freaked out if some crazy disney woman comes up to you and says Hello! :goodvibes:hippie:

Hey woman, I thought you were already gone !!! Please DO come to us if you see us (we're easy to spot in a crowd). I don't bite, and I'll keep Grumpy on her leash :lmao:
When I get to Disney I'll get myself some one of those little Mickey heads you can put on your purse.. purple & lime green so you'll know it's me LOL

mouseketeer70
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
pixiedust: Have a safe, happy, and fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
About the shoes and the washer...look on the bright side, your skechers are clean;)
Now about that passport:rolleyes1

bumbershoot
07-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Have a good flight!!!!

eyor44
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Have a great flight over and a wonderful trip.:goodvibes

tink1957
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Bon Voyage Marina! Hope you found your passport. Here's some pixiedust: for your trip.

I can't wait to hear about the new adventures of Marina & Grumpy.popcorn::

punkin1763
07-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Hope you are having a great time!! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

addicted2dizney
07-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Marina,
I"m back to reality,, not so fun at all! I kept my eye out for you and your mom. I think our tour plans had us in different directions most days though. I had two teenage girls with me! ugh... made Jessi and Alex seem like a cake walk! lol! Hope all is well and I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Dana

DisneyTabby
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
MARINA!!!!!!!!!! We are patiently waiting to hear from you. Hope all is well. We miss you.:)

DisneyTabby
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Marina. WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad1::sad1:

jillyb
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Marina. WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad1::sad1:

Tomorrow is their last day so I'm sure we'll be hearing from her soon.

Can't wait to hear about the trip!

MomofCKJ
07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Hope it was a fabulous trip, can't wait to hear all about it!

Allyson:surfweb:

snowwhitenyc
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Me too!

The next best thing to actually being in WDW is reading one of your trip reports! Hoping you had an amazing vacation, and anxiously awaiting your stories and pics!!

mouseketeer70
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Marinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! !!!!!popcorn::
Hope you had a wonderful trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

Baloo
08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Y'all took Jessi and Alex! :scared1: Now I gotta hear about this!

Hope you had a great time and check in SOON! :)

Kirby
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Sure would like to hear about the trip! :rolleyes1

Katie Dawn
08-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Yay! So glad you got to visit the World again and am looking forward to hearing all about it! :goodvibes

reelmom
08-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Where are you? We miss you and can't wait to hear about the latest trip. Hope you had a great time. Looking forward to the Jesse and Alex stories.

*KeepMovingForward*
08-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Marina I hope you had a great time at Disney and that its just taking you a while to get settled back in. Don't keep us waiting too long! :goodvibes

abandcsmom
08-15-2009, 10:00 PM

Oh Lord Almighty.....

OK, I know I am late to this pre-trippie, and have spent the better part of the day reading most of your trip reports. Having read the "Why I didn't speak to my sister...." report only a few days ago, I just fell out of my bed. :rotfl2:

Needless to say, I can't wait for the trip report when you get back from this trip. :surfweb:

Simba22
08-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Marina! I hope you guys had a great trip! I'm sure it was exhausting, spending all of that quality time with Jess and Alex! Can't wait until you have recovered so you write about! ;)

MickeyLover20
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Can't wait to hear your TR!!! Patiently waiting

eyor44
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
popcorn::

reelmom
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Can't wait to hear your TR!!! Patiently waiting

Ok, I will be the one to say it. We are not waiting patiently anymore. We expect an update and we expect it soon.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........:goodvibes Please. I hope everything is going good for you. We all love your TR's and we are just excited to get it started.

starann
08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok, I will be the one to say it. We are not waiting patiently anymore. We expect an update and we expect it soon.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........:goodvibes Please. I hope everything is going good for you. We all love your TR's and we are just excited to get it started.

Whew...thank goodness someone said it!!!! :rolleyes1

eyor44
08-21-2009, 05:01 PM
popcorn:::drinking1

Kirby
08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, Marina's AWOL.

reelmom
08-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Maybe she ran off with the Bon Jovi tribute band.

eyor44
08-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Maybe she ran off with the Bon Jovi tribute band.

::yes::

Bet that is exactly what happened.

Kirby
08-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Grumpy's been arrested for molesting a Disney character and Marina is still in Florida trying to get bail set. :)

eyor44
08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
well, Jess and Alex were joining them again.......so maybe Grumpy is the one trying to raise bail:rolleyes1

punkin1763
08-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Marina we miss you - please come back and tell us about your trip to WDW!! :goodvibes

eyor44
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi Marina:wave2: hope everything is okay with you.

mrsksomeday
08-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I pm'd with her the other day. She made it home, she isn't in jail in Florida :lmao:. She has just been really busy. I hope she comes back to us very soon :goodvibes.

snowwhitenyc
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I pm'd with her the other day. She made it home, she isn't in jail in Florida :lmao:. She has just been really busy. I hope she comes back to us very soon :goodvibes.

Hooray! Well, I will certainly be eagerly anticipating her stories!

WalkingintheFog
08-27-2009, 06:17 PM
But man! What a trip report that would have been!

peemagg
09-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Marina!

Did you forget about us? How much longer can we all wait?

eyor44
09-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Still :surfweb:
popcorn:::drinking1

starann
09-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I think we shoudl play..."Where's Marina" Kinda Like Where's Spot books??!?!?!?

Is she under the bed?

starann
09-11-2009, 04:19 PM
NO...not under the bed.

Is she in the basket?

peemagg
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I checked the closet. She's not there.

eyor44
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Maybe they locked her in the cashier booth at work so she can't go to Disney again.

NWOhioAngela
09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm kind of worried about her. She hasn't posted anywhere on the Dis in months. Hope she's okay.:hug:

addicted2dizney
09-12-2009, 12:53 PM
hey Marina... I'm leaving to go back to Disney again on Monday and I still haven't heard one little word about the july trip. Hope all is well, I hope you're out there workin away and earning more money for a future trip! <3