PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Plan My Trip

twinsmommy06
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I am taking my 3 children to DW again in 3 weeks. We are SO excited to be going and I am trying to get the best value for my money. I found a great site here tickets2orlando.com/disney_vacation_packages.html that includes 6 nights/7 days and a 7 day base ticket for myself and my 5 yr old daughter. My twins are free as they are still 2. Does this sound like a good deal? The total quoted was $734 with $580 due in advance. I am planning on booking this friday, when I get paid. That means I will only have the expense of gas, as we are driving down in my honda minivan, 1 night hotel stay on the road(figuring $50-60) and then paying the food and hotel tax when we get there. I also want to book breakfast with Mickey and Disney Princess lunches(there are several and we want to see each one if possible). Are these still around $40 for 2 people? My twins eat free, or did last yr. Also, how crowded will the parks be April 6-11? I know it's a lot of people's spring break. If I am adding all of this up correctly, it comes to about a little over $1500, when I've included about $200 for souvineirs, 2 hotel stays on the road, gas, 4 character lunches, and extra stuff. Am I crazy or can we do DW for about that much? Thanks.

mickeystoontown
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Have you checked the Disney site? They have a buy 4/get three nights free promo going on right now. Not only do you get your 3 nights of room free but you also get three days worth of tickets free. I'd definitely go to the site and price it out before booking through someone else.

Metro West
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif

Aliceacc
03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Have you checked the Disney site? They have a buy 4/get three nights free promo going on right now. Not only do you get your 3 nights of room free but you also get three days worth of tickets free. I'd definitely go to the site and price it out before booking through someone else.

I agree.

I would also be hesitant about paying that much upfront from a relatively unknown website. I would rather pay a bit more, stay on site, and be sure it's legit.

fottafamily05
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I would call Disney and ask about there 4/3 promo going on. I think it would be cheaper for you.

Disney Crazy Debbie
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree with other signers, check out the wdw resort web for 4 paid night and 3 free. Plus getting into some of the character meals must be made long in advance so call and check now.

DWFan4Life
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
The best thing you do is to cal Disney and check it about the 4/3 promo, I think that would be a best deal.

Have a nice and fun planning. :)

MarkinNM
03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
:welcome:

4/3 is the way to go now, check it out!!! :worship:

twinsmommy06
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
thank you but they quoted me a price for their 4/3 promo of OVER $2000. I did book the character dinners already so they're set. And I'm staying at the comfort inn for $32 per night. It was advertised on this board.

mickeystoontown
03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
thank you but they quoted me a price for their 4/3 promo of OVER $2000. I did book the character dinners already so they're set. And I'm staying at the comfort inn for $32 per night. It was advertised on this board.

Is this the Comfort Inn in Kissimmee? If so, I'd suggest you check out the Comfort Inn on the Kissimmee/St. Cloud website.

KDavenpoer29@yahoo.c
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
i would stay on site there just so many advantages to it

Freddy Bear
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I put your information in the Walt Disney World reservation site and got a quote for $1241.67 for Pop Century and 7-day base tickets. The buy four get three free deal is now over I think. If you would have booked a few weeks ago, you presumably could have stayed on site for about $800 with tickets. Maybe call and beg one of the agents to make an excpetion for you and give you the deal. They presumably still have rooms available.

mickeystoontown
04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I am taking my 3 children to DW again in 3 weeks. We are SO excited to be going and I am trying to get the best value for my money. I found a great site here tickets2orlando.com/disney_vacation_packages.html that includes 6 nights/7 days and a 7 day base ticket for myself and my 5 yr old daughter. My twins are free as they are still 2. Does this sound like a good deal? The total quoted was $734 with $580 due in advance. I am planning on booking this friday, when I get paid. That means I will only have the expense of gas, as we are driving down in my honda minivan, 1 night hotel stay on the road(figuring $50-60) and then paying the food and hotel tax when we get there. I also want to book breakfast with Mickey and Disney Princess lunches(there are several and we want to see each one if possible). Are these still around $40 for 2 people? My twins eat free, or did last yr. Also, how crowded will the parks be April 6-11? I know it's a lot of people's spring break. If I am adding all of this up correctly, it comes to about a little over $1500, when I've included about $200 for souvineirs, 2 hotel stays on the road, gas, 4 character lunches, and extra stuff. Am I crazy or can we do DW for about that much? Thanks.

Just checking in to see how the trip went. From my calculations, you should have gone on the trip already. Would love to hear from you.

Freddy Bear
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I seee now you posted in early March. I have no idea how the agent gave you a quote for over $2000. They must have had you in a deluxe hotel or moderate hotel with the dining plan or something. Next time you trip plan, look at the regular rate of the hotel (i.e. Pop Century starts at $84 in value season). Take the low number times the numbers of nights. Add in the tickets as if you are buying the tickets separately. If the agent gives you a quote higher than that sum, ask if they can just book hotel only. If the hotel only rate provided by the agent is the same as you calculated, then the agent is either confused or cheating you.

If all else fails, go through a travel agent. Travel agents will not cost you one cent more to go to Walt Disney World. The travel agents get a kickback for booking you.

I put your information in the Walt Disney World reservation site and got a quote for $1241.67 for Pop Century and 7-day base tickets. The buy four get three free deal is now over I think. If you would have booked a few weeks ago, you presumably could have stayed on site for about $800 with tickets. Maybe call and beg one of the agents to make an excpetion for you and give you the deal. They presumably still have rooms available.