PDA

View Full Version : Parking at WDW

Mama Steph
03-09-2009, 07:41 AM
We are staying at a condo offsite and will have our own cars. Are we able to park at a Dis resort and take dis transportation from there to save on parking? If this is an option, I figure it would save $ as well as the hassle of parking after rope drop. If not, do you have any parking trips? We have a 7 day base pass so no park hopping.

Bob P
03-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi,

No, I'm afraid that is not allowed. If you could, then the resort parking lots would be full of cars that belong to people not staying on site and there would be no room for those people staying on site. Also the WDW transportation system would be overloaded from everyone parking at WDW resorts!

You are welcome to use WDW transportation to get around from park to park or park to resort, but you will have to use your own transportation to get to WDW.

Enjoy your trip!

Mama Steph
03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
OK, that makes total sense. LOL Do we need to do anything special if we go to eat at one of the resorts? I do not have adr's but would like to check out a couple of resorts for our next trip. Is that an option or do we have to go from the park to the resort via dis transportation?

Thanks for the info!

pepe of ohio
03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
If you are visiting or eating at a resort, they will give you a 3 hour parking pass, after that, you may be towed. Disney is cracking down on the issue you mentioned due to losing the parking fee plus jamming up the resort lots for paying resort guests.

Mama Steph
03-09-2009, 01:32 PM
That is what I needed. Thanks!

Metro West
03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif

DWFan4Life
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info coming here, I would also want to know about it because we are planning to bring our own car. Already got an answer, thanks.

Have a nice day everyone. :)