PDA

View Full Version : Will BWV room refurb be done for our trip?

bangzoom6877
03-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Our first trip home to BWV is in July 2010. I keep reading that they are beginning to do a refurb on the rooms at BWV this May. Anyone know if this will be dine by July 2010? I know it seems awfully far away (boo-hoo, I wanna go now!)...but I am curious. How long does Disney typically take with a refurb project like this?

kellyf2626
03-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Also curious about this since we are staying at the BWV in May....and would prefer to not be around renovations!

drusba
03-02-2009, 08:33 AM
If they are starting in May, it might be completed by July 2010. If they follow usual practice, they will be doing room areas in small clusters over a period of many months to a year. That way most guests won't even see or hear what is going on while they are there unless refurb includes main common areas of the resort (such as the lobby; last one in 2002 actually included redoing the outside siding and porches, the boardwalk itself, and the front main entrance area).

crisi
03-02-2009, 09:12 AM
They'll also only do what needs to be done and only swap out what needs to be swapped. So they MAY replace all the TVs with flatpanels, but they may decide not to swap out stoves or refrigerators unless they need to. Or they may only replace carpet where they need to - which may not be in every room if s room was refreshed out of sequence (someone trashed the carpet two years ago and it was replaced then). And they haven't changed decor in DVC rooms - if they replace the curtains its with the same ugly curtains.

bangzoom6877
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
How much could this affect getting the room we want when I book? We are booking 11 months before check-in, but we are staying 10 nights, so I will be calling each morning thereafter until the full 10 nights are booked. We are booking a 1-bedroom for the third week of July 2010. Do you think this will be difficult?

drusba
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
How much could this affect getting the room we want when I book? We are booking 11 months before check-in, but we are staying 10 nights, so I will be calling each morning thereafter until the full 10 nights are booked. We are booking a 1-bedroom for the third week of July 2010. Do you think this will be difficult?

No impact. Even if work continuing it takes out only a small protion at a time and for the time you want, calling 11 months out, you should be fine (for that time of year, which is actually a somewhat slow DVC time, you can usually get anything you want 9 months out)

wdwnut
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
We've stayed at BWV when they've done renovations- hall carpet, lobby, etc- it doesn't impact the guests much if at all.