PDA

View Full Version : RCI exchange attempt

mmcculloch
03-01-2009, 06:55 AM
My family and I want to check out the Crest Haven Lodge in Lake George, NY. We put in a request for summer 2010. Nothing is available right now. We gave about 6 weeks of possible travel dates. Does anyone know the likely of us getting a week in 2010? Is it too early even to expect it. :surfweb:

Dean
03-01-2009, 07:39 AM
My family and I want to check out the Crest Haven Lodge in Lake George, NY. We put in a request for summer 2010. Nothing is available right now. We gave about 6 weeks of possible travel dates. Does anyone know the likely of us getting a week in 2010? Is it too early even to expect it. :surfweb:No personal experience there. There are no units for this summer and that tends to be a very difficult time to get anything, esp 2 BR. You might post the question on TUG (tug2.net) and/or call the resort and see how many units they have and ask for an idea of how many get deposited. The resort website (http://www.cresthavenlodges.com/) . There appear to be 48 lodges altogether, I don't know how many are in the timeshare program. The resort is dually affiliated, that means that some of the units will likely go to II. Furthermore, there are units in RCI weeks right now for April, 2010, that suggests that at least some of the potential units are NOT in RCI points. My impression so far is to give it a try but not to hold your breath.

mmcculloch
03-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you. I will try over at TUG.:thumbsup2

Starr W.
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
You might also want to join timeshareforums.com

I'm always amazed at what lawren and the RCI watchers pull up as sightings.

WebmasterDoc
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Lake George is a wonderful place for a family vacation. I spent many summers there as a kid and worked as a camp counselor there as a college student back in the mid-60's (boy, that makes me feel old :) ). CrestHaven is located directly across the Lake from where I worked and is a beautiful resort.

It may be a little early for summer 2010 at this time. Many owners won't deposit that far ahead (certainly some do), but those banked weeks should be coming in the next 3-4 months. I'd have MS do an ongoing search for you and Dean's suggestion about reading on TUG is a great idea too. At this moment, there are 2BR units available in April and October, 2009 and April, 2010 - but I'm not able to see any other availability for that resort.