PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Vouchers??

Jacky
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Just realized that March 2nd was Monday. Arrghhh. Have others received the vouchers so that they can book the cruise?

Jacky

mmcculloch
02-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes. My contract closed on Monday and fed ex delivered it yesterday (Friday)

MDM
02-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Got ours via FedEx yesterday. But not without an issue. We had origially gone to visit DVC while down at WDW to see about adding pts to our original BW contract. Met with Johathon Greer. Nice person. knowledgable, not pushy, very helpful. Carol Ann DeAngelo is our usual DVC rep. but was unavailable. He told us about the incentive options if we purchased a new contract. (No pts. available at BW.) Visited the BLT, AKL mockup rooms in the DVC complex, looked at the tree house model for Saratoga Springs. Tree houses are beautiful, 3 bedrooms, deck, 3 or 4 bathrooms very nice, loved it. 3 bedrooms at the point value per night of a 2 bedroom. We were told about the incentive options of using 100 pts on a one time basis or a 3 night cruise to be used before December 2010. After a few hours, we bought 100 pts. at BLT on February 12th. We have never taken a cruise but the "free" cruise seemed like fun for our family. I asked if the cruise could be used anytime and the answer was yes. We bought, got confirmation, signed the documents and were excited. It was past 5 pm so we couldn't book the BLT and the cruise, all was closed for the day... But call in the morning, you're contract # is now in the DVC system and you can book the room and cruise tomorrow. We called the next day, booked an August stay at BLT and the cruise. Got confirmation #'s for the cruise and BLT with Magic Kingdom view, even booked an extra room on the cruise, Category 9 rooms that connect, all was great. Vacation over few days later, got home to Connecticut, told my sister and her family. They have cruised before and always wanted us to, so they booked for the same dates. My 7 people, her 3 people, 10 happy family members. We book airfare for the 7 of us, things seem great.
Get the voucher yesterday, call to confirm with DCL which is what we were told to do when we received the voucher and we are then told we can't cruise because the voucher is not good for that date in August. Surprise! We were told that we needed to use the voucher before December 2010. I asked specificlly that we could do a 3 day cruise at anytime? I was told anytime before December 2010. Now this was all new, they had just started selling BLT 4 days before we purchased. As with anything new, maybe the facts were not clear at DVC, but I was clear about when the cruise could be used and the answer I got was also clear. Needless to say I am stressed, calling DVC this morning to get this straighten out. I will update later after the call.
I would assume that since we booked the BLT 2 bedroom and the cruise with DVC, and picked our rooms on the ship, dinner times etc and were told when the voucher arrives call the cruiseline to link the DVC and DCL together it will work out. Hopefully. Yikes! update in 1 hour!

MDM

mmcculloch
02-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Well...I don't think you will have much luck. About 3 weeks ago we booked our cruise. I called DVC....got a confirmation number, picked dinning, ect...We were so excited! I happen to call back the next day to ask a question. After being on hold for about 20 minutes...came back and told me the ressie had been canceled and we could not book until the 2nd. I was bummed. Good luck to you and I hope they are more flexible with you than they were with me. Keep us posted...:thumbsup2

roelongo
02-28-2009, 07:02 AM
We added on at BLT and chose the 7 night cruise at the time, I had already known that there were specific dates for the cruise because someone on the DIS had posted it and I brought a copy with me. At the time of signing my guide also said it could be used any time but I knew otherwise because of this site. We thought the dates would work out. When we got home we realized that the dates would'nt work at all so I called my guide to switch to developer points, he said no problem and I am waiting for the paper to sign. I have owned since 2001 and was very disappointed with the whole process. I asked four different people for the 2010 points chart and not one of them would produce it. Although I knew the changes because of this site and already figured out the number of points we needed based on the new charts I still felt like they were trying to keep it a secret. No where at the sales center in Florida could you look at the new charts. I really wanted to tell all of the people that were purchasing for the first time so they could buy the right number of points.

MDM
02-28-2009, 07:03 AM
mmcculloch, Was your cruise reservation booked with the voucher?

mmcculloch
02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
In theory I booked with the voucher. I was so excited when we bought and found out about the cruise...that I just called DVC and spoke with a rep. She saw on file that I had the cruise option. She went ahead and called DCL and booked EVERYTHING. She was "misinformed" and should not have done that (so I was told) and everything was canceled.

MDM
02-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Spoke to DVC Member Service Representative. I explained everything in my above post. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I explained everything again. The Supervisor acknowledged that DVC made the mistake. They should have never booked the cruise portion of the trip. It was their mistake.

She will call back on Sunday after doing some investigating.

To cancel my flights, it will cost $1,050.00.

I feel bad that a mistake was made. If I made the mistake, then I would taken responsibility for it. My fault, my problem. However; I did nothing wrong. I hope that the "people" who made the mistake will accept responsibility for it. I hope that they will honor the reservations.

Update Sunday Night after the conversation with DVC.

MDM

drewmisha
02-28-2009, 11:12 AM
When you booked the cruise, did you book it thru member services or thru DCL?

Spoke to DVC Member Service Representative. I explained everything in my above post. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I explained everything again. The Supervisor acknowledged that DVC made the mistake. They should have never booked the cruise portion of the trip. It was their mistake.

She will call back on Sunday after doing some investigating.

To cancel my flights, it will cost $1,050.00.

I feel bad that a mistake was made. If I made the mistake, then I would taken responsibility for it. My fault, my problem. However; I did nothing wrong. I hope that the "people" who made the mistake will accept responsibility for it. I hope that they will honor the reservations.

Update Sunday Night after the conversation with DVC.

MDM

mmcculloch
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I wish you luck and I HOPE they own up to their part. Please keep up posted!:cheer2:

MDM
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Through member services. But got a call from DCL after we returned home and they asked us to call them (DCL) with the voucher #. They could also see the information and dates that we booked for the cruise.

MDM

jonesmatNY
03-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I see that on the Orange County Comptrollers Website, my deed for BLT add-on was recorded on 2/19/09.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

How soon does Disney normally get all the documentation and cruise voucher back to me?

Thanks

mmcculloch
03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I closed on the 23rd and received a fed ex package on Friday 27th with the cruise voucher in it.

MDM
03-02-2009, 05:37 AM
As I figured, no call from DVC yesterday. Calling again this morning. Update (if any) later.

MDM

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
I am on hold right now (17+ minutes) trying to book. They are experiencing computer problems.:surfweb:

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I am back on hold. They have no idea what is going on. I am on with the manager right now...back on hold. She said she would call me back but I think I would rather stay on hold. :scared1: Stay tuned.....

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 07:03 AM
47 minutes into the call...manager says she will have to call me back! She can no longer keep me on hold. I want to scream...:mad:

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok. 11:45 and I have now successfully booked the 4 day t-day cruise. I was able to add my 5th person for a lot less than I originally thought so I am pleased. I feel much better now!:cheer2:

TMB1203
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Does anybody have the dates for the 3 day cruise? I haven't gotten voucher yet, but want to start planning so that when I do, I can book right away.

Thanks

kerickson
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Does anybody have the dates for the 3 day cruise? I haven't gotten voucher yet, but want to start planning so that when I do, I can book right away.

Thanks

My understanding is that they are the same dates DVC members can book with points, which are posted on DVC Members website. To be certain though, I'd call MS and ask them if your specific date is available.

mickeys girl 52
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok. 11:45 and I have now successfully booked the 4 day t-day cruise. I was able to add my 5th person for a lot less than I originally thought so I am pleased. I feel much better now!:cheer2:

Hi .that is great everything worked out for you. Can you tell me how much they charged extra for the sth person. I am in the same position and would like to take my DS,DDL, and 2 DGC which would be 5 in the cabin.Thanks in advance;)

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
We booked the tday cruise. So I am not sure if the fees are higher. With the upgrade and paying for the 5th person $1200.00. I was pleased. I was originally told just to add the 5th person would be $1800....not including upgrade fess etc...

drewmisha
03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
So are you getting a cat4 then? By definition, families with 5 members can only book in cat4. What was the upgrade cost to go to cat4/5th person? Thanks.

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, I booked a cat 4 room.

auntsue
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm glad you were able to upgrade. I was just told I couldn't but I didn't say I wanted to pay for the upgrade, just "Is there an option to upgrade?" and I was told no. Maybe I should call back.

Were you able to choose your cabin? That is a major concern to me because Category 9 cabins are only on Deck 1 & 2 and some of them are listed as extremely noisy with people getting no sleep for the entire cruise. I imagine those cabins will be going to people who used vouchers as opposed to those who are paying $. I find it hard to believe they would even put people in a cabin right under the nightclub with "a loud base thump every night until it closes at 2 a.m." or under the kitchen where people were awakened at "2 & 4 a.m. with loud noises and then doors banging every morning at 5:20." That's why I really want to choose my cabin.

jonesmatNY
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I am wondering, when you got your FedEx package with the Voucher, how many did you get? We got 2 packages, one to me, one to DW, each with a voucher???:cool1:

Jacky
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
My voucher came and I was able to book my cruise today!! Yah!!! So happy!!!

My person gave me main dining. I guess they may change it but for now, all set. I did upgrade to verandah cabin for 80 per person for the 3 night.

Whoever got the second voucher today (one for you and one for your spouse) buy a lottery ticket today!!! Lucky you!!!

Jacky

Jacky
03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I forgot to give my dates. Signed contract on 2/18, closed on 3/2 and got the voucher on 3/12.

Jacky

ACDSNY
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I am wondering, when you got your FedEx package with the Voucher, how many did you get? We got 2 packages, one to me, one to DW, each with a voucher???:cool1:
Darn, only one voucher for us! Lucky you!