PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames-Old/New

RIP@HM4afterlife
05-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Do you have a nickname? DO TELL! What is/was it and the story behind it!

OLD~
*Phoebe-the girl from FRIENDS (airhead)
*Doctor-cause I helped everyone with there problems
*LEB-My initials

Current~
*Hollywood-I wear sunglasses ALL the time
-Plus my friends knew that my brother use to call sunglasses Hollywood’s so….
:smooth:

dancergirl
05-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Mine now would be Candy, Its because of my last name being barr. MY band director started with Salad and Sand and all kinds of different ones at band camp. Then one day I walked in the band room after school and a big group of people are all standing around talking about my name! Its funny! hehe, This one guy does it the most, he always calls me Candy, or Granola! He graduated last weekend, I will miss having him around!

Some of my friends call me Jenn, Jenny-lynn and other variations on my name!

bubblemutant45
05-29-2002, 12:21 PM
old:
mutant - some of my guy friends claimed that i said i was born in the sewer, so they said i was a teenage mutant ninja turtle, in short, mutant.

bigb - im tall, thin and blonde. my guys friedns decided that qualifies me as being big bird :p

now:
kombina - its a meal at the burger place here, and i love burgers! and i kept on wanting to order this meal, so my friend calls me kombina.

stinky pig - my best friend calls me that....lol.....we're not really sure why :D. i dont smell (honest, i dont!!!! lol). and one time i said to her "thatll do, pig, thatll do" (you know...from "babe"?) so she added "pig" to my nick. i call her pinky, like the mouse in pinky and the brain. we love that show! it cracks us up!

i have a bunch of nicks that have to do owith my name, but they only make sense in hebrew......

Disney Daniel
05-29-2002, 05:26 PM
My only nickname that people have ever called me was Disney! lol :)

BabyLove99
05-29-2002, 05:33 PM
-Rissy, Rissa, Riss (close friends and family)
-Mar...because I call my friend Tara, Tar. And she calls me Mar. Alot of other people have started using those names for us though
-Missa...my friend Cynthia (who I call Cyn-Cyn) calls me that cause she thinks it's cute
-Rissy Roo and Tigger Too...my family sometimes calls me that. It was started by my aunt when I was young lol
-Shiskabob (sp?)...my brother had no clue how to say my name when he was younger so he decided to call me that
-Princess...some people jokingly call me that cause I SEEM like I'm one of those "types" if you know what I mean (but I'm not)...

I have more but that's all I can think of right now lol

nsyncraider17
05-29-2002, 05:51 PM
I've always been called Becca (my name is Rebecca)

my bff used to call me Beccs and Becsly and Midgy (from midget...i hated that!)

my bff now calls me Adela, which used to be my Spanish name- i changed it, but she still calls me that all the time

one friend calls me Bec

Leprauchan (sp?)

Shorty, Midget, Munchkin, etc. (usually shorty)

2 guys in my health class call me Crater Head and one calls me Chipmunk, but i don't know if those really count as nicknames since they're supposed to be insults:rolleyes:

keypooh90
05-29-2002, 05:52 PM
My old and new nickname is the same and always will be.
Key: My name is Carrielee, but when I was little I couldn't say my name. I started calling myself Key and the name just stuck !! My Uncle sometimes calls me key-dog .That comes from being Georgia Bulldog fans.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

AbErGrl217
05-29-2002, 06:09 PM
I dont have many nicknames but a lot of people call me Maris, Rissy and Mar....mostly same as Babylove. Also a lot of people call me browny b/c i have brown hair and brown eyes..its weird..lol

WDWfanatic288
05-29-2002, 07:33 PM
oh gosh!

Daniel--ummm..what about Canadian FiddleSticks??? :D and the others I call ya! ;)

OLD-
invisible girl-Im so white-Im invisible(which is soooo freakin' funny b/c im not white....i just act really white!)
aneroxic girl-yeah i look it! i really do eat though!
thugarita-LOL! dont ask...

NEW-
Floor Olympian-yeah not going into details! LOL
Abercrombie and Fiddle Sticks-haha!
Angel Princess-b/c im an angel and Im princess
then like Julie,Jul,Jules,Princess,crazy girl, and tons more!

BabyLove99
05-29-2002, 07:50 PM
ok AbErGrl217...what's going on here? We have the same first name and I also have brown hair and brown eyes! lol :D

PigSoldier
05-30-2002, 03:41 AM
Sue - I absolutely hate being called this, but it seems that a lot of people are too lazy to pronounce all two syllables of my name :rolleyes:

Sleeping Beauty - This started when I was at camp, and I always came to breakfast about half an hour after everyone else, still wearing my pyjamas, so it became a tradition for someone to shout out 'Good morning Sleeping Beauty!' when I came in. Honestly though, they wanted us to be at the breakfast table at 7am, and I don't really find that possible.

Snow White - because, apparently, I talk just like her. :rolleyes:

Mother Superior - Because I don't drink, but nearly all my friends do, and they think I'm some kind of nun :rolleyes:

(Funny.....A lot of my nicknames seem to warrant the use of this :rolleyes: smilie.)

There's a few more, but I'll leave them for another day,

Suzi
:D

bubblemutant45
05-30-2002, 06:59 AM
my parents call me chani bonnie (cuz my name - chani- rhymes with bonnie....:)...yes, i know, pretty clever! lol). in my name, BTW, the letters ch are pronouced like the letter j in spanish.

my grandmother calls my chan chan (again, its not like ch in chat or chain, so stop sayin it that way in your head!!! lol ;) its like Javier in spanish...yeah, im going to stop obsessing now...lol)

a bunch of my campers from last summer call my homie, cuz we used to imitate all of the ppl on ricky lake (we thought we were pretty funny.....)

and one of my campers calls me mom, cuz we decided in camp that i was his mom (im an idiot.....lol), and one of my friends who was also a counselor was his father......doesnt everyone do messed up things in camp? i love camp!

QuickGold
05-30-2002, 11:02 AM
My parents will forever know me as the "Disney Nazi" for my insane ideas about how to see WDW. :p

SDAngel101
05-30-2002, 04:56 PM
I have like a million and one nicknames so im not gonna lay them all down for ya allright? hehe ill just too the main ones!

Magz just a shorter version on my regular name.. people got lazy! hehe

Melissa One of my best friends name is Melissa and from the back we could be twins.. we have the same body figure and sometimes we match our clothes just to confuse people. And from the front we even look like sisters, the only difference is that she is Mexican and im White.. but shes light skinned kinda and i have tan skin (alot of people think im Mexican)

Ms. Paul Baby Doll The guys call me this because im soo sweet hehe! no but i listen to alot of my friends problems, and i give them advice and so on...

Peanut this is a family nickname.. only my bros/sis/mom/dad can call me this name hehe! i guess when i was a little kid i was shaped like a peanut?

natty41
05-30-2002, 07:36 PM
I haven't had many nicknames, well ones that I can remember anyways... :)

noodle ~ my friend used to call me this when I was little bcuz I guess I looked like a noodle or something :)

natty ~ only 1 of my friends calls me this cuz I put it on the back of these homecoming shirts we made.

gerbil ~ my track coach calls me this bcuz I've had injuries that involve orthopaedics and my doctor had called me an 'orthopaedic gerbil'. So I told her and now I'm known as 'gerbil'! :D

:smooth:

DiSnEyGrL13
05-31-2002, 12:13 PM
OMG! Everyone has such cool nicknames! Mine are so stupid!

***Cole, Colele- mostly my family because when my little sister was little she couldn't say my whole name and now it just stuck, but If we have a picnic or something and I have a friend over and they hear me being called cole or colele they start calling me that too.
***Annie-from when I was Annie in our schools "Annie" play.
***Emily- from when I was in another play

and ..

***Frappy- because now you guys got me hooked on those Chocolate Brownie frappachino things at Starbucks and now I have to get one if I see a Starbucks anywhere!

Love Bug Girl
06-03-2002, 01:53 AM
Well My nicname is Bekah because my name is Rebekah
and slos Bookah because someone screwed up saying my name once so then people just to make fun of him sctaullay started calling my that
and then some of my friends call me Mother Hen because my bast friends nickname is Chicken an dthey say i tke care of her and some other people call me Turkey just becuase her nickname is chicken also........ i knwo this is very strange but hey wahtever :)

~Czarina~
06-03-2002, 06:06 PM
I really have no old nick names but here are a couple of my many

First there is Kat which is just short for Kathryn. Since my father always calls me Kat that led Login to start calling me Kitty Kat. Amy calls me Kit-Kat (like the candy bar). Then there is Czarina cause I am the drama queen. Since I have 'worked' for the vet at the zoo some of my friends call me Tiger...since that is my work animial. I got to make the treats and things like that. Brad calls me Magic because before he got my name down pat I was wearing a 100 Years of magic shirt so now I am Magic. Thomas calls me K.J. after the basketball player because he plays basketball. I am Hanna and Joey because of my middle name.

C.C.H.M.
06-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Well first is Ari after Ariadne. And the other is George. When my parents told my grandpa what they had named me he was like "What... How could you call her that. I'm not calling her that. I'll call here George befor that." So thats what i am. But he's the only one that calls me it.

Joe Cool
06-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Lately? <b>Joeypants</b> still stuck, even though I broke up with my girlfriend (we're still "friends") and she inisists on calling me this ALL the time. It started as "meaniepants" ...cuz I like to tease her. My dad calls me <b>chooch</b>, or some names in italian that I can't spell. Some of them sound like "waiyo", "goomba", or "chootroole"...i think the last one means cucumber. :D A friend of mine started calling me Anakin about a week ago *grrrr*...uh..let's see...that's about it. Oh, and when i was in pre-K, they called me Jophus.

:rolleyes:

JC

"...you are by far the cutest...but be careful getting coffee...i think these people want to shoot us...i think there's some kind of local competition here to see who can be the rudest..."
-Ani D.

CBRorBust
06-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Tinarie

How?

My name is Tina Marie. And my dad has ALWAYS called me tinarie (tina-ree). One of my friends came over to my house and started calling me that. It caught on..and now even my nephews call me that.

DisneyGeek13_8_2006
06-08-2002, 01:59 PM
you all have some very interesting nicknames!
my dad calles me pumpkin and my aunts and uncles call me special k.(my name is Kristen) my cousin call me Kris and my old boyfriend calles me Kirsten or kirst really weird huh!

EPCOTgrl1
06-08-2002, 11:18 PM
ummmm i have just gotten nick names this year so they are
Caption Obvious- I am in the flag line and i dropped my flag and i said i dropped my flag so our host for the night called me that and the name stuck
Chels- because my name is Chelsea and that is the only way that anyone can shorten it

Banzai
06-09-2002, 03:26 AM
Some of these are great! My only real nickanme is Banzai, but thats only for the kids at school who know my AIM name.

sprnklnormngrl
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Sprinkler Booty: some of my friends got a tape of me when i was playin in the sprinklers as a kid

Fred: My friends brother just started called me Fred one day and her Bob...hmmm

Insane Chic: one of my friends he can like just point at me and ill start to laugh

Liz..Lizzy and other variations of my name

Jhondy(210)
06-12-2002, 10:58 PM
ohh nicknames
well i'll start with the worst one
Julliet- i got this one because on my debate team there is this one guy who most of us can't satnd and i really dislike him but he always comes by me and talks to me so they gave me Julliet and he got Romeo and so the kids on the debate team call me that.

Menzl- cause its my last name and my friends say my first name doesn't fit me but this name gets confusing cause they call my twin that too and its hard to walk down the halls with him and hear someone yell Menzl

Park rat- i got this one because i used to hang out at the park all the time before i moved and someone gave me and my friend this nickname

Criminal- because my friends think i'm the one that is always in trouble(i swear i'm not ;) ok maybe sometimes.) but if you didn't know me you would never suspect it

Peppermint Patty- my friends mom couldn't remember my name so she thinks i look like peppermint patty.

then i have various ones like Gimp(cause i just finished knee surgy and i'm always hurt with a broken this or that) and well we won't go into the other ones.

jazzygirl512
06-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Well...

Jazzy/ Jazz: most of the guys call be that, just cause my name is Jasmine, (not like u couldn't c that anyway)lol.

Minney Mouse: 1 person calls me that cuase i call her by her whole name, Kathern, aka, Katie. She hates her whole name.:rolleyes:

Disney: Cause my family is like the only ones that go to WDW mostly in our school. And everyone knows it to.lol:D

Tyson William: It's pretty stupid, but my bf calls me this cause on her Caller ID, that's what appears. :rolleyes:

That's bout it :p