PDA

View Full Version : AKV savanah view

pakhowe
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I had read somewhere what the ideal flor is for savanah view. Too high and the tree tops obscured your view. Too low and the view was limited. If I remember correctly the third floor was recomended. Does anyone who has stayed at AKV have any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Nikisha421
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I stayed on the 5th Floor during this past Presidents Week and we had an awesome view...we saw giraffes every day:banana: :banana:

LisaS
02-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it comes down to personal preference and can also depend on your room location. I prefer lower floors. The best room I've ever had at AKL was on the 2nd floor pretty far out along the horseshoe, facing the Arusha Savanna. We were at eye level with the giraffes. It was amazing!

Unfortunately if you are staying in AKV/Jambo House, all of the Savanna View rooms are on the 5th floor so staying on a lower floor is not an option. You will have the option in Kidani but since it is not open yet, it's hard to say what floor will have the best view.

joech
02-27-2009, 12:10 AM
We have stayed on the third, fourth and fifth floors. Our preference is that we enjoyed the Arusha Savannah the best because it seems to have the best variety of animals. Our favorite floor was also the third floor where we stayed almost at the end of the Arusha Savannah horseshoe. We stayed on the fifth floor and thought the view was good and vast. However, once we stayed on the third floor the feeling of the animals being around us was so much cooler. We noticed the difference right away. Fifth floor felt like we were observing like at the zoo but the third floor felt like we were right beside them. Our our most recent trip on December we were told that they handle the room request differently. The CM told us that the requests are filled by how far out the guest has made their reservation. Who knows I guess. Honestly though, we are just happy that we are able to stay at AK

dianeschlicht
02-27-2009, 07:34 AM
We stayed on the first level the first time we stayed at AKL, and of course we have been on the 5th floor with AKV. All things considered, I think I preferred the first floor (actually 2nd). We just seemed so close to the animals! On the other hand, our last stay last month on the 5th floor was on the Uzima savanna, and we always had a LOT of animals around the waterhole outside our room. We could see a lot farther off in the distance, but we seemed far away too and needed our binoculars to see them well.

pakhowe
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you all for your information. We are looking forward to booking soon for Presidents day week 2010.