PDA

View Full Version : New Owner....Waitlist question

danno523
02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I am a new owner and have been waitlisted for one night at AKV. How will I be notified when my waitlist reservation is filled? Email? Phone? Mail? Will it just show on my dvcmember profile?

pennst8r
02-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't know how it's usually done. I know I got a waitlist and wasn't notified at all--I called for something else and they told me. You can keep checking on the DVC site.

hakepb
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I am a new owner and have been waitlisted for one night at AKV. How will I be notified when my waitlist reservation is filled? Email? Phone? Mail? Will it just show on my dvcmember profile?

I think checking the dvcmember profile is the fastest notification. Some say that phoning seemed to have the ability to make a waitlist go through quicker (MS agent checks, "hey, your waitlist is available") but I think they now have an automated WL system rather than MS manually checking when they were not busy..

(I found about my most recent WL 30 days out. I called MS and while I was on hold, I checked my profile and found out it was available!)

danno523
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you. I was excited to get a concierge studio for my Nov reservation but as expected, it has been a challenge getting a room at AKV on memorial day weekend. I was able to get the three days following Memorial Day in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom and booked Saratoga Springs as a backup for May 24.

disneynutz
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM

You should also receive a new printed confirmation mailed to you.