PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan and Park Passes through Member Services

della
02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
My brother and his family are using my points for a December stay at BCV. He called Disney (not DVC) to order park passes. He mentioned he was getting the Dining Plan through DVC (he has not yet purchased this). The cast member told him he would not be able to purchase park passes through her as he'd have to go through DVC member services. She said if he purchased through her, he would not be able to get the dining plan. How do you usually go about purchasing DDP and park passes for your guests? Thanks.

Tara
02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
My brother and his family are using my points for a December stay at BCV. He called Disney (not DVC) to order park passes. He mentioned he was getting the Dining Plan through DVC (he has not yet purchased this). The cast member told him he would not be able to purchase park passes through her as he'd have to go through DVC member services. She said if he purchased through her, he would not be able to get the dining plan. How do you usually go about purchasing DDP and park passes for your guests? Thanks.

That sounds totally wrong to me. I'd have him call back and ask. The dining plan would have to be added through Member Services (and paid for at check in). However, tickets should be able to be purchased from Disney with no connection to a room reservation. He could order them online if he wishes. It should have absolutely no bearing on the DVC reservation or the dining plan.

pennst8r
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
We always order them online for ourselves...never had a problem. My thought would be that the reservation line can't do anything but reservations--but they could have redirected him to the park passes department. There's a seperate #.

Deb & Bill
02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
As the member, you need to add the DDP to their reservation on points at least 3 or 4 days ahead of check-in. They will pay for the DDP when they check in.

They can purchase their tickets anywhere they want to - at the BC when they check in, at Guest Services, on line, from a reseller - anywhere.

disneynutz
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
You should have him purchase the passes from Underground Tourist using the Mouse Savers discount. Don't forget to add the DDP to the reservation a few days prior to their arrival.

della
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
As the member, you need to add the DDP to their reservation on points at least 3 or 4 days ahead of check-in. They will pay for the DDP when they check in.

They can purchase their tickets anywhere they want to - at the BC when they check in, at Guest Services, on line, from a reseller - anywhere.

Thanks that's what I thought too. I spoke to MS they said the cast member he spoke to was probably just not familar with DVC. She said (non DVC) Disney sells packages to include a passes/dining combo to guests and they probably thought DVC did too.