PDA

View Full Version : Airtran-Made Ressie's before First Checked Bag Fee

BWV Dreamin
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I made my reservations a week before they decided to charge $15 for the first checked bag. My question is will the Check bag counter agent know that I don't get charged for them?

BiggPDaddy
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
This happened to me for my trip in December. The agent told me I had to pay $15 for the bag. I just told them I purchased the ticket before the policy went into effect. They then looked at their screen and told me I am right and there is no charge. So if they ask to charge you just tell them you bought before the charge started.

BWV Dreamin
02-26-2009, 11:12 AM
This happened to me for my trip in December. The agent told me I had to pay $15 for the bag. I just told them I purchased the ticket before the policy went into effect. They then looked at their screen and told me I am right and there is no charge. So if they ask to charge you just tell them you bought before the charge started.
Did you have to show them your confirmation sheet or any documentation to prove this? I guess it doesn't come up automatically in their computer. Thanks for sharing your experience!

HeatherC
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
We just flew them over President's week and did not have any problem at all. They looked at the screen and mentioned that we were smart to book so early. So you shouldn't have a problem.

Have a great trip!

BiggPDaddy
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Nope just told the agent and she checked her screen. I don't know if it's laziness and just assume everyone needs to be charged or they are trying to intentionally catch people off guard and charge them the fee.