PDA

View Full Version : Any good rental car rates for June?

MEK
02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Has any one gotten any good rental car rates for June? (6/8-6/15). I am not picky and will rent off site or on site.

If I can get a good rate, I would like a minivan since there will be 6 of us traveling. Otherwise, part of our party will use ME to get to and from the airport. My DS 16 and his friend refuse to ride in the car with us to the parks, anyway. They like the buses, so a minivan isn't mandatory.

Prices just seem high right now and we like the convenience of a car for grocery store runs. Plus - if you knew how many things my DH can forget!

bookwormde
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
MEK

here is a copy of my post from thread I just made

National car rental

I was surprised at what I considered a good price from National Car rental

Got a 7 person minivan fro 6/11-6/18 for $210 using a $20 site coupon and AARP from the car care center.

I really did not expect to get that good of a price this far out

One other strange thing is that they did not even ask for a CC to make the reservation

Just thought I would give a heads up for anyone looking for a minivan in June

bookwormde

(a fellow Delawarian)

I am in AKV from 6/9-6/12 also

disney4us2002
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm hoping the rates still come down, but I have seen decent Dollar prices with promo code OOAG which is listed as available to anyone on Mousesavers. OOAG gives a minivan for $199 for a week (before the mandatory charges).

jennb529
02-25-2009, 03:35 PM
MEK

here is a copy of my post from thread I just made

National car rental

I was surprised at what I considered a good price from National Car rental

Got a 7 person minivan fro 6/11-6/18 for $210 using a $20 site coupon and AARP from the car care center.

I really did not expect to get that good of a price this far out

One other strange thing is that they did not even ask for a CC to make the reservation

Just thought I would give a heads up for anyone looking for a minivan in June

bookwormde

(a fellow Delawarian)

I am in AKV from 6/9-6/12 also

Was the $210 before they added the mandatory charges?

bookwormde
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Total with all taxes and fees and $20 off for AARP and $20 off for the coupon.

bookwormde

tedisney
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm hoping the rates still come down, but I have seen decent Dollar prices with promo code OOAG which is listed as available to anyone on Mousesavers. OOAG gives a minivan for $199 for a week (before the mandatory charges).

Thank you for posting this! I've had an Emerald Aisle reservation through National for several months, since before they went sky high, 10 days starting April 25th, for $341 total, which was looking like a great deal, except that we really won't all fit in a G6, and that's all the aisle seems to have anymore!

I just booked a minivan through Dollar for $415 total, which is about half the rate for an SUV or minivan anywhere else for those same dates!

MEK
02-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks friends.

I will check out those leads now! :thumbsup2

MEK
02-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Bookwormde:

I was not able to find a good rate with National. I tried a few codes and nothing.

However, I did get the OOAG code to work for Dollar. I got a minivan for 6/8-6/15 for $268 with tax.

Thanks for the awesome tip! I am so excited. :banana:

Hey Bookwormde - maybe I'll see you at AKL.!

MEK
02-26-2009, 09:57 AM

Thanks disney 4 us - I would still be searching now! :surfweb: