PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Incentive Voucher Logistics

DVCGeek
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I have a few questions with the 100+ point purchase cruise incentive vouchers DVC is currently offering. My FL based guide didn't want to get into details (in case they change) since she knows I want to buy in VGC in March.

So I'm hoping people more familiar with DCL than I am (I've only been on one cruise and it was with Carnival) and who have actually seen the vouchers can help me out-

If I booked a cruise online now [with cash] for the 3-NIGHT BAHAMIAN CRUISE Feb. 4-7 2010 Disney Wonder sailing (two people in a single "Category 09: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom", no air, ground transportation, or insurance; total is $1,327.84) and paid my $200 down, would I later be able to "change" payment for it to the voucher and get my deposit back? [Feb. 4th is my wife's BD and I'd like to make sure I can get that date...]

If I wasn't able to get the voucher for whatever reason, could I cancel the cruise and still get my full down payment back as long as it was 75 or more days before sailing? I think that is what the terms say for Cat. 4 through 12 less than 10 day cruise if I'm reading them right!

When do you actually get the vouchers and how soon can you book using them if I didn't try and do the above?

TIA!

spiceycat
02-25-2009, 10:08 AM
the problem with the cruise offer is that most of the times are in fall - hurricane season.

sshd
02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
2/4/10 is an available choice for the 3 night free cruise offer. However, I have no idea if you could reserve it now and then cancel and book it with the voucher. We bought in on 2/4/09 and we don't have our voucher in hand yet so I can't say what it says on there yet.

kerickson
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
the problem with the cruise offer is that most of the times are in fall - hurricane season.

My understanding is that the cruise incentive dates are the same as the dates posted in the DCL Point Charts on the DVC Member Website. There are many winter/spring dates available in 2010. No summer dates. I do know that the cruise I'm intested in (Dec 16, 2010) is on the incentive list because I specifically asked my guide to confirm that date and one in Nov.

OP,I think you need to talk to DCL or MS directly as to whether your above scenario would work, although since the incentive is so new, they may not have much info yet. Per my guide, you'll receive the voucher in the mail after your add on closes. I'm hoping to receive mine soon and I'll post whatever info it includes. You'll then call DCL to book and are required to send them the voucher 45 days prior to sailing. Now none of this procedure is in my hands in writing, so it could change. The only writting info I have is the incentive addendum which states you can add a person or upgrade your cruise and to contact MS to inquire about the costs. I thought that a little strange given you go through DCL to book... We may just have to wait until the first few members actually book their incentive cruises to have the final process.

Grumpygrandpa
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

When is hurricane season? Isn't it June 1st through the end of November. So If you don't go during hurricane season won't it be too cold to enjoy the water? This will be my first cruise ever and I'm not too familiar with FL's weather, but I did go to WDW in January once and definitely thought it was too cold at the beach (Tampa) to get in the water. I don't think I would enjoy my cruise if the water is cold. I was thinking Oct or Nov.

ACDSNY
02-25-2009, 07:10 PM
DVCGeek - I'm kind of in the same situation as we've had 3 cat. 6 cabins booked for our Nov cruise since last Mar. I'm leaving the reservation as is for now until I receive my voucher and speak with DCL. I'm hoping they will just use the voucher to cover the cost toward my final payment. Our estimated closing date is Mar 10th so hopefully I'll know more around then.

WoodysRoundup
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
When is hurricane season? Isn't it June 1st through the end of November. So If you don't go during hurricane season won't it be too cold to enjoy the water? This will be my first cruise ever and I'm not too familiar with FL's weather, but I did go to WDW in January once and definitely thought it was too cold at the beach (Tampa) to get in the water. I don't think I would enjoy my cruise if the water is cold. I was thinking Oct or Nov.

I believe hurricane season ends Nov. 1

auntsue
03-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I just got off the phone with DCL. I thought I had read that we could starting booking using the voucher today, March 2. Well, Laurie put me on hold to check and came back and said they were not taking voucher ressies yet but she couldn't give me a date as to when they would be taking them. She said they were "still working out the pricing." I guess it has to do with upgrading because she said if you want to upgrade you can pay the difference, but she gave no specifics.

mmcculloch
03-02-2009, 07:50 AM
I have been on the phone with DCL all morning. The system is not recognizing the promo and they are trying to resolve it. They do not know when it will be fixed!

kerickson
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
As with most new DVC programs, the first few users will have to pave the way for the rest of us. popcorn::
Thanks in advance! I'm still waiting for my voucher, then will dive right in!